• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 3,378 Views, 37 Comments

Only Human - Merotik



Celestia found me when I was just a baby. Alone, lost in the forest, who knows what would have happened if she hadn't found me. Not only that, but she's treated me with such kindness and love, she's like a mother to me, I hope this life never ends...

  • ...
28
 37
 3,378

Eleven Years Old

"Mom! Mrs. Cherry Blossom! anypony!" I shouted.

I wasn't feeling very good, I think I'm catching a cold. I went to the kitchen to try and find somepony that could help me feel better, but no pony was there. In fact, it seemed like every time I entered a room, no pony would be there. If somepony was there, they would leave the moment I entered. Every ponies been doing this ever since mom got me in trouble last year. Ever since mom said I wasn't allowed to see my friends or leave the castle, every ponies been ignoring me. Sir, Nurse Blue Heart, Mrs. Cherry Blossom, even mom.

I don't know why anypony was doing this either, maybe I did something wrong again? Maybe this also as to do with me being human. I didn't like it, I wanted to have somepony to talk to, but I've tried to get ponies to talk to me and nothing works.

I tried asking nicely, telling jokes, telling stories, yet nothing seem to work. Every pony was either not there or they pretended that I wasn't there.

Even when I wasn't feeling well I'm still alone. So now, I'm in the empty castle kitchen, such a big kitchen with not a single pony in it.

Eventually I found some cough syrup inside one of the drawers. I poured a little into a medicine cup and drank it down quickly, covering my nose shut to help with the flavor. I tossed the cup into the sink and left the kitchen in search for ponies.

It was easy to find the guard ponies, their always at their guard posts. I try not to speak with them though, they get mad at me when I do. So whenever I came by a guard pony I would walk past them and pretend I didn't see them.

"Of course, tell him I'll send a letter to the council as soon as I set the sun".

That sounds like mom! I quickly ran to the end of the hall and peeked around the corner. There I saw mom speaking to a pony who worked for the council. He nodded to mom and left in the opposite direction as mom began walking in my direction.

Since were all alone maybe mom will finally start talking to me!

"Hi mom!" I said to her as she came around the corner.

Mom jumped slightly, before giving me a stern look. "Glee! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at your studies?" mom asked.

"I finish my studies at three o clock. So that was four hours ago" I explained.

"Oh, well, I seem to have lost track of the time ('but didn't you just tell the pony back there that you were going to set the sun? Doesn't that mean you know exactly what time it is?' I thought to myself). However I am still very busy so I will need you to run along now" said mom, as she walked past me and continued her way to her bed chambers.

"But mom! Can't I watch you set the sun tonight? Like we used to?" I asked.

"Not tonight Glee" said mom. She didn't face me when she said this, she continued to walk away.

"But mom, can we at least . . . talk to . . . each other . . . please?", too late, she ignored me and walked away until she was out of view.

Why does she keep ignoring me, what did I do wrong!

I was on the verge of tears, so I ran back to my room as fast as possible. When I got there, I leapt onto my bed and wept into my pillow.

It wasn't fair!!! Why was everypony treating me like this all of a sudden!?! Why didn't they care about me anymore!?! What did I do to make them not care!?! . . . . Oh yeah, that's right, its because I'm human.

I could never figure out why anypony hated me, so I assumed it had to be because I was human. There was no other reason explaining why everypony hated me. I never did anything wrong, I never hurt anypony, or steal, or curse, or bully, or . . . or . . . ANYTHING!!! So if they hated me because I was human then why!?! What's wrong with being human anyway!?! At least humans don't have to hold food with their hoofs! And humans can climb on trees better! And hold swords, and had fingers, and were taller!

There's nothing wrong with being human, I am human, this is who I am!!! . . . Then . . . why do I hate it so much . . . why do they hate it so much?

I don't know, I just don't know . . . I just want ponies to love me again, like they used to, that is, if they even used to.

I lifted my face off my pillow and looked at the clock that was on my bedside table. 9:45, I've been crying for almost three hours. Strange how time fly's when your crying into a pillow, then again, I've been doing it a lot lately so I'm starting to get used to it.

All this crying is starting to give me a headache though, I should probably get some sleep and see if I can get anypony to talk to me tomorrow.

I wiped away some off my tears and blew my nose into one of my shirts that I had lying around. I then rested my head onto my pillow and closed my eyes. As I did so, I started thinking of the times when Sunset Shimmers was still around, and mom would still talk to me. Like when we ate meals together, and when we went to the theaters together, and when we would watch the rising and setting of the sun together . . . yeah, I liked those times . . .

Suddenly, I heard something that sounded like a drill coming from underneath me. I quickly jumped off and got to my knees, looking under my bed. As I did so, a drill popped out of the ground and was thrown out from underneath the bed. Then, a gray filly with red eyes and black hair poked his head out of the hole, and looked around.

"Hey Red, you sure this is the place? Cause this doesn't look like any restaurant I've ever seen" asked the filly, suddenly he saw me and gasped. "Sweet Celestia! What the hay are you?"

Should I talk to him? I mean he did just break into the castle. Then again, he did say that he was looking for a restaurant so . . . wait, does that mean he was trying to break into a restaurant? Is this pony a thief? But, he's just a filly, he wouldn't break into a restaurant, would he? You know what, I don't even care. I haven't been able to talk to anypony in about a year! This is finally my chance to make a new friend!

"My names Glee Sunrise, who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Gray, is this your bedroom? Do you live in the restaurant?" Gray asked.

"Restaurant? This isn't a restaurant, your in Canterlot castle" I explained.

"CANTERLOT CASTLE! Are you serious? How did we get here? RED! Check the map and tell me what we did wrong" said Gray

"Sure, hold on, let me just . . . . well, according to the map we should be right underneath the pizzeria. Maybe we didn't turn left like we were supposed to?" said Red, who I assumed was underneath Gray.

"Give me that!" said Gray, as he reached down and snatched the map from Red. He checked the map for a few seconds before throwing it angrily at Red. "You idiot! You had the map upside down the whole time!" Gray whisper shouted.

"Well how was I supposed to know that? I've never read a map before" said Red.

"Ugh! Remind me to never work with a nine year old again!" said Gray angrily. He grabbed his drill and was about to return down the hole when I stopped him.

"Wait! Who are you guys?"

"Sorry, weird monkey boy, but if I wanted you to know then I already would have told you" said Gray, mockingly. He tried to leave again, but I took hold of his shoulder, stopping him.

"Please! Let me come with you!" I begged.

He gave me a confused look, then looked passed me and observed my room (he couldn't see anything from above two feet since he was still underneath my bed). "You got a pretty nice place here, why come with us?" Gray asked.

"Well, I'm in a little bit of trouble right now so no ponies talking to me. So I thought that if I came with you then you could talk to me!" I explained.

Gray chuckled, "look, kid, you are a kid right?"

I nodded.

"Well, you see, you can't just come with us and expect us to be your friend, were not a social group. Were the Diamond Backs", as Gray said Diamond Backs, he puffed his chest out proudly.

He frowned when he saw that I didn't show any expression. "You know, Diamond Backs. Filly and teenager recruits for the Rattle Snakes" he explained.

I shook my head.

"Wow! Really? Where have you been, under a rock?" Gray asked sarcastically.

"No, I've been stuck in the castle for a year, I'm not allowed to leave" I explained.

Gray looked shocked, "really? Are you a delinquent or something?"

I shook my head, "my mom just say's that I'm not allowed to leave anymore, its probably because I'm hu- er, not a pony". I almost told him about humans, no pony knows what humans are except for mom and some of the staff. So if I told anypony about humans then it'll make them confused.

"Please! I can explain later, just, let me come with you!" I begged.

Gray thought about this for a moment, then said, "fine, you can come with us, but don't think this makes us friends".

I nodded, and followed Gray down the hole.

The tunnel was very small, so an adult pony could never fit in here. I was taller then an adult pony, but I was also scrawny enough to where I can fit through as long as I crawl on my stomach.

We crawled through the tunnel for what felt like an hour, when we made it to the other end, we were on the castles front yard.

"Why did you dig in the castle yard?" I asked.

Gray shrugged, "it felt like a good idea at the time. Dig into the castle yard and make a tunnel to the pizzeria restaurant, they'll never expect that, or at least thats how it was supposed to be until we ended up in your room", as Gray said this, he glared at his partner.

"I said I was sorry!" said Red.

This was the first time I had seen Red. He was a red earth pony with black hair and green eyes.

"What ever, just hurry up and follow me! We don't want to get caught out here!" Gray shout whispered.

Red and I nodded and followed.

We quickly made our way to the city, hiding in bushes, behind trees, behind dumpsters, and through alleyways so that we wouldn't get caught.

Eventually, we arrived near the edge of the city, next to an old run down shack. The shack was rusty and looked as if no ponies used it in years. The doors and window were boarded except for one small window that was placed in the back of the shack.

"Red, you go tell the others were back, and tell them we brought a . . . well, just tell them some creatures here with us" said Gray.

Red nodded, and entered through the window.

"Hey Gray, why are you and Red named after colors?" I asked.

"Its just a code name we give to all the Diamond Backs, we'll get much cooler code names when we get into the Rattlesnakes. Sadly I'm gonna be stuck with these kids for a long time before that happens" said Gray.

"Whats wrong with being around friends your own age?" I asked.

Gray looked at me as if I had just hit him, "own age! What do ya mean "own age?", I'm the second to oldest one here!"

I gave Gray an apologetic look, "oh! I'm sorry, its just, you look like your-"

"I know! I look like a filly! I've been told plenty of times! I'm just short for my age, got that!" Gray interrupted.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Fifteen" said Gray.

"And, how old is everypony else here?" I asked.

"Most of them are about eight to ten. The youngest one is seven, but the oldest is sixteen, he's our leader, we call him Gold. Since I'm second to oldest, that makes me co-leader, so whenever our leader is sick or not around to lead the group, that's where I step in" Gray explained.

"But, why were you and red trying to break into a pizzeria?" I asked.

"Well, a lot of us are orphans, so we gotta fend for ourselves. Me and Red were going to break into the pizzeria and steal a couple of pizzas so that everypony could have a full meal tonight. We haven't had a full meal in a while you see, guess that's what you get when you have to live the tough life but . . . . HEY! Why am I telling all this to you for, I don't even know you!?!" Gray shouted.

I shrugged, and Gray face hoofed. "Whatever, just keep this to yourself, got that?"

I nodded.

Red poked his head out of the window, "Gray, Gold wants to speak to you, and he wants to see the creature".

Gray looked at Red angrily, "what, seriously? Why does Gold want to see him?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe its because you brought him to our hide out" said Red.

"I wasn't going to bring him IN the hideout, I was just going to check into the hideout real quick and send him right back to the castle!" Gray explained.

"Well you can't do that now, Gold wants to see him, and he sounds pretty eager to see him too" said Red.

"Wait, Gold sounded eager? Oh Celestia, that only happens when Gold has something big planned. Alright, tell him were commin" said Gray.

Red nodded, and rushed back inside.

Gray looked at me and gave me a devious smile, "well, you said you wanted friends, now you might just get what you wished for. But I gotta warn you, when Gold's in an eager sort of mood, you might just end up doing something your not gonna like. So, good luck".

He chuckled, and entered into the window.

I was scared to follow him into the shack, but this was my chance to finally make some friends, so I followed.

It was really dark, so dark that I couldn't see anything, until Gray stopped me suddenly and lit a lamp.

The lamps light was dim, so I still couldn't see most of the shack. But the moment he lit the lamp, I saw that I was surrounded by a LOT of fillies (couldn't count how many, I was too scared). I gasped, and started shaking.

All of the fillies had dark spots around their eyes, and were extremely thin, as if they hadn't eaten in a long time. They were all staring at me funny too, as if they had never seen anything like me in their whole life . . . oh yeah, they haven't.

All of the fillies were whispering things about me as well.

"What is that thing?".

"Is that a monkey?".

"Did he come from the circus".

"Is he a pet? Can we keep him?

"Geez kid, you have ants in your pants?" said a voice that was hidden in the shadows.

"I-I-I, don't, really, um" I stuttered.

The voice laughed, and slowly came into the light.

He was a bright yellow Pegasus with brown hair and blue eyes. He also had dark spots, but he wasn't nearly as thin as the others. He actually looked well fed.

"So, your the strange creature the Gray decided to bring along, I'm Gold, and you must be Glee" said Gold, as he stuck his hoof out to shake.

"H-How did you know my name?" I asked, and slowly shook his hoof.

"Red told me, now, lets have a look at what we got here" said Gold.

Gold then began to inspect every inch of my body. He measured my height, and ask me what my weight was (75 pounds, I was underweight), he asked me how fast I was, and how tough I was, and several other things.

I was getting more and more scared as the questions progressed on. Eventually he stopped, I sighed with relief when he did.

"So, mind explaining what you have planned" said Gray.

Gold gave Gray a devious look, "oh, I have a plan for the future, for now however, I'm going to give you and Glee here a little "practice run" said Gold.

"Uh, practice run?" Gray asked.

"I have a plan that your friend might be perfect for, but I want to see how good he is before we do anything too extreme" explained Gold.

Gray looked scared, "too extreme? What exactly do you have planned?"

Gold chuckled, "don't worry about it, for now I want to see how good Glee is. So, for your practice run I want you and Glee to steal as many pizzas from the pizzeria as fast as you can, and yes, I will be timing you".

Gray's jaw dropped, "wait, WHAT!?! Why am I taking monkey boy with me to steal pizzas? Why can't I just take him back to where I found him and Red and I can steal the pizzas?" Gray asked.

"Because SOMEPONY appears to still not know how to read a map even after our little tutoring sessions" said Gold, angrily, as he glared at Red.

Red hung his head low and sheepishly walked of somewhere into the dark.

Gold turned back to us, "plus, YOU brought him here so he's YOUR responsibility".

"But-but-but" Gray stuttered.

"And besides, from what Red told me, Glee is looking for some friends because he's been locked in a castle for a year, isn't that right Glee?" Gold asked.

I nodded.

Gray turned to the darkness, "HOW MUCH DID YOU TELL HIM!?!" he shouted.

"Sorry" said Red, weakly.

Gray turned back to us and sighed.

"So, if Glee wants us to be his friend then all he has to do is get us some pizzas. That's not to hard, isn't it Glee? Don't you want to be our friend?" Gold asked, softly.

"Y-Ya, I'd like that" I said quietly.

"Then get us some pizzas, that's all you need to do. If you do that, then all of us will be your friend, and we'll except you as an official member of the Diamond Backs!" said Gold.

Gray leaned over to Gold and whispered something.

("You can't make Glee a member of the Diamond Backs, it doesn't work that way" Gray whispered.

"Yes, but he doesn't know that" Gold whispered.)

I couldn't hear them though.

"So how about it Glee? You want to be a Diamond Back, and have all of us be your friend?" Gold asked.

I nodded.

"Good, in that case, Gray, you better hurry up and take him to the pizzeria before it gets too late. The night will be ending soon if you don't get a move on" said Gold.

Gray groaned, "fine! I'll take him, but you owe me!"

Gold chuckled, "If my plan works, then I'm sure we can work something out".

Gray grabbed me and began shoving me over to the corner of the shack. He lifted up a large pile of wood to reveal a trap door.

"Through this trap door is a tunnel that'll take us to the sewers. Once we get to the other side of the sewers there will be a ladder taking us to the middle of Hoofers Street, which is in the lower part of Canterlot. After we exit the sewer, you and I will need to take cover before anypony sees us. Then I can lead you to the pizzeria from there, got it?" Gray asked.

I nodded.

"Good, follow me", Gray then opened the trap door and hopped in, I followed.

"So, is this how you guys travel through the city? By digging tunnels?" I asked.

"Most of the time, its easier to stay hidden that way" Gray explained.

"But, why do you guys need to hide? If your all orphans then why don't you just go into an orphanage?" Glee asked.

"The Rattlesnakes told us that the orphanage is a horrible awful place. If you think were thin, I heard the orphanage practically makes you starve, and the ponies who work there steal the money for themselves, leaving only the bare minimum to take care of us" Gray explained.

"How do you know that if you've never been there?" I asked.

Gray shrugged, "who knows, who cares, I'm not taking any chances. I'm just gonna take the Rattlesnakes word for it".

Soon, we exited the dirt tunnel, Gray and I found ourselves in a large stone pipe. There was a sidewalk on our end, a large river of greenish yellow water in the center, and another sidewalk on the other side. We had made it to the sewers.

The sewers weren't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It smelled bad, but after your eyes get adjusted to the dark its not that scary. I was expecting there to be poop, rats, and snakes everywhere! But the entire walk to the ladder was calm and quiet.

"Hey, I was wondering. If this sewer will take us to the pizzeria, then how come you and Red didn't just take this path instead of trying to make a new one in front of the castle?" I asked.

"This path takes us IN FRONT of the pizzeria, not UNDERNEATH. Red and I wanted to make a new path so that we could get underneath the pizzeria, and so we could keep ponies off our trail. If you use the same path over and over again, then there's bound to ponies who will find out how to find you" Gray explained.

I followed behind Gray up the ladder. He lifted the metal sewer opening and threw it to the side. Once he was out, he stuck out his hoof and helped me out of the hole. He put the metal opening back onto the hole and motioned for me to follow him into a nearby patch of bushes. Once there, he pointed to a building marked "Freddy Fazbears Pizza", and underneath it was another sign saying "closing down".

"Alright, that's the place. I don't want to stay out here all night baby sitting you, so were gonna sneak in there, grab the pizzas, and get out as fast as possible. And lucky for us, the place is going out of business so there'll be no pony there" Gray explained.

"What if there are night guards in there?" I asked.

Gray chuckled, "yeah, like anypony will wanna work at a dump like that. Look kid, I know your concern but I've done my research. Because the place is closing down, there is currently no night guard working there. The place is practically packed away, the only thing that's there is leftover pizzas, a few chairs and tables, and the animatronics that they use for the fillies entertainment. Trust me, there's absolutely nothing to worry about".

"Well, if you say so" I said.

Gray and I quickly ran to the side of the pizzeria to a slightly cracked window.

Gray took a pin from his flank pocket and began picking the windows lock. I heard a click, and the window burst open.

When Gray and I hoped in, we found ourselves inside a bathroom.

"Come on, the kitchens are outside the bathroom halls to the left" said Gray.

Gray and I ran out of the bathroom, down the hall, and into a large party room. In the corner was a small section that said "pirates cove", and inside the curtains was an animatronic fox with an eye patch and a hook for a hand. In the front of the pizzeria was a stage, and on stage was a single bear animatronic ('I guess they packed away the others already' I thought to myself). The room itself had a few tables and chairs left, most of them were packed away.

Gray and I rushed over to the kitchen. It was dark, but luckily Gray brought a flashlight. He shined the light around, looking for the pizza's. As we looked, I saw something gold flash in the corner of my eye. I looked, and nothing was there.

"Uh, Gray, did you see that?" I asked.

"See what? Don't tell me your afraid of the dark!" said Gray.

He shined the light at me and saw that I was shaking, he turned back to looking for the pizzas and groaned.

"Geez, and Gold is seriously considering to let you hang with us! This is worse then that Celestia jam time he made Silver and I go dumpster diving!"

I gasped when I heard Gray swear, he turned back to me and gave me a confused expression.

"What? You see the pizzas?" he asked.

I shook my head, "no, but you said a BAD word".

"Uh . . . bad word?" he asked.

"Mmmhmm! You said "Celestia" then a bad word" I explained.

He continued to stare at me with a confused expression, then he face hoofed.

"How old are you exactly?" he asked.

"Eleven" I responded.

"Listen kid, your parents may have taught you that using certain words can be, eh, what's the word . . . vulgar! They tell you not to say words in that manner, but if you really think about it then its just STUPID! I said jam it because I'm frustrated, but I didn't hurt anypony when I said it. Plus, ponies say jam all the time, like when they need to put jam on their toast, or your hoofs get sticky from jam. Are you basically telling me that I can't say the words "jam" and "it" next to each other anymore?" Gray asked the rhetorical question.

"Well, my mom says that its O.K. to say those words, but if you use it in the wrong context then its considered a bad word" I explained.

Gray looked at me in disbelief, "you really have been stuck in that castle for a while, haven't you? Look, you're not going to be a kid forever, and someday when you get older you'll see that those so called "bad words" are nothing more then just "words". Catch my drift, there just words. Words that can't harm anypony, the sooner you see that, the better".

Gray turned back to searching for the pizzas, he flashed the light around until he stopped at a big metal door.

"Ah ha! Here's the fridge! Here, aim the light at the fridge while I try and get it open" said Gray.

He handed me the light and I aimed it at the fridge as he tried to get it open. The door handle was rusty and slightly frozen, so Gray ended up having to us a nearby mallet to bust it open. Once after he opened it, I shined the light inside the fridge to reveil a large pile of frozen pizzas.

Gray gasped, "I though they sold most of their leftovers by now, looks like I was wrong! Heh, heh! This is one of those rare moments where I actually like being wrong! Glee, grab as many as you can and lets get out of here!"

I nodded, and began helping him with the pizzas.

As I started piling pizzas into my arms, I began to feel really funny. Not in a way that I was sick, but in a way that I was feeling fear, and light headed. I had this strange feeling that we weren't alone. Every time I turned around, no pony was there, but the strange feeling continued to linger. As I turned back to the pizzas, for a split second I could have sworn I saw the words on the pizza change from "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza" to "Its me". I shook my head and saw that the words hadn't changed.

Maybe my cold was turning into a fever, and I was seeing things? Who knows, I didn't really have time to think about it, I just wanted to grab the pizzas and leave.

Gray and I, carrying as many pizzas as we could carry, began making our way back to the bathroom.

As we made our way there, I noticed that something had change.

The fox in pirates cove wasn't in the same spot anymore, half of his body was sticking out of the curtains. And the bear that used to be on stage was now missing.

"Uh, Gray?"

"What?" Gray asked.

"I think the robots are moving" I said, terrified.

"Pfft! As if, those animatronics never leave the stage. Even if they could move off the stage they wouldn't be allowed too. They have strict rules about the animatronics staying on the stage and NEVER getting off. I'm not sure why though, never cared enough to find out anyways" said Gray, bluntly.

"Well, didn't there used to be a bear on the stage?" I asked.

Gray shrugged, "don't know, don't care, lets just get out of here".

We entered the bathroom and headed to the still open window. We slipped the pizzas through, and I helped lift Gray through the window.

However, as I was helping him, I heard something laugh behind me. Its laugh was slow, and deep.

Gray and I both turned our heads to the bathroom exit. There, at the exit was a pair of glowing eyes, staring at us from around the corner. As the eyes flash, music had begun playing from out of no where. The music sounded like something you'd hear from a jack in the box, or one of those spinny things that plays music and hangs above babies as they sleep In their cribs. Either way, I didn't like it, It nearly scared the pee out of me! And I could tell Gray was feeling the same way, I could feel him shaking as I held him.

"Glee . . . run" Gray said slowly.

I didn't run, I was to scared to run. I stood there and continued to stare at the flashing eyes.

"GLEE, RUN!" Gray shouted.

I woke up from my trance and practically threw Gray out the window. As I began making my way through the window, Gray lifted himself off the ground and bit onto my hair, helping to pull me through the window.

Once we were out, we grabbed the pizzas and ran to the sewer opening.

We quickly dropped the pizzas through, rushed inside (closing the sewer hole, of course) ran down the sewer, through the tunnel, and back into the shack.

All of the fillies were giving Gray and I very confused expressions when they saw Gray and I collapse onto the ground, panting.

"Sweet Celestia, I had no idea getting pizzas was going to be such a chore! I think your starting to lose you touch Gray" said Gold, sarcastically.

Gray got to his hoofs and slammed the pizzas onto a nearby table. He glared at Gold angrily, "SHUT UP! You have no idea what we saw while trying to get these pizzas! And knowing you, you probably wouldn't care anyways!"

Gold snickered, "ya, I wouldn't. You got the pizzas and that's all that matters. And as for you! Glee!" said Gold, as he pointed to me.

"You have officially earned your place as a member of the Diamond Back! So from this day forward we will call you by your nickname! You will be known as, Obsidian!" Gold shouted.

As the Diamond Backs clapped for me, Gray whispered something into Gold's ear.

("that's not a color you idiot!" Gray whispered.

Gold whispered back, "off course its not! I'm not going to give him a REAL nickname, he's not actually an official member! I just gave him a cool nickname to make him feel special, and I figure if he feels SPECIAL then he'll do more assignments for us".

"What assignments do you have in mind?" Gray asked.

"Oh, you'll see, I'm leaving it for a surprise! For now, just make Glee feel like he's welcome. And besides, obsidian can technically be considered a color, its black and purple after all" Gold whispered.)

I didn't hear what they said again.

It took us about an hour to get all of the pizzas cooked (they had to use a fire and some pans to cook the pizzas), once they were finished, everypony ate and chatted happily together, except me. I was staring at the ground, lost in thought.

Gray saw this and asked, "hey, what's wrong kid, you don't like pizza?"

I slowly shook my head, "no, its not that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm friends with everypony, but I feel like what we did was wrong. I mean, when we broke into the pizzeria and took the pizzas, isn't that stealing?"

Gray placed a hoof on my shoulder, "listen kid, when your living a life like we do, you gotta make a lot of tough decisions in order to get by in life. Sure, what we did was wrong, but think about it. If we hadn't stolen these pizzas, what would these fillies be eating tonight, food from the bottom of a dumpster? No, no, no, that just wont do, especially since we already tried doing that once, and believe you me you do NOT want to know the results from that!"

"Why? How bad did it go?" I asked.

Gray's eyes bulged, as images of the horrific event flashed before his eyes.

("I told you not to eat from the dumpster!!! AAAGH!!! Its everywhere!!! Oh my Celestia its everywhere!!!"

"I can't hold it in! Its coming up!"

"No! Not in here! There's already too much! No, no, NOOOOO!!!"

"BBBLLLEEEEEGGGHHH!!!")

Gray awoke from his trance and gave me a weak smile, "lets just say it took five days to clean the shack, but, I digress. Point is, sometimes you'll have to make a choice that may seem like the wrong thing, but if your doing it for the right cause, then your doing nothing wrong!"

That made sense, sure we stole these pizzas, but at least all these hungry fillies got to eat tonight. This thought made me feel better, and I started munching into my own pizza.

"So, Gl- I mean, Obsidian, what's life like living in the castle? Cause, even though you say you've been locked up in the castle, I honestly can't see that as being a bad thing. I mean, if I lived in a castle like that, trapped or not, I'd be lounging around eating fancy foods all day instead of having to savage for my meals. So what's up? Why did you want to leave the nice warm comfort of your castle bedroom and hang around with a couple of Diamond Backs?" Gray asked.

"Well, living in a castle may seem nice, but its not, at least, not anymore. When I was ten, my mom didn't want me going outside of the castle anymore. She had me homeschooled, and I was no longer able to see any of my friends or make any new friends anymore. And for some reason, after mom gave me this punishment the castle staff no longer talks to me, or interacts with me in any sort of way. They ignore me, and act as if I don't exist, even my own mom does this. So, for the past year I've had to take care of myself, making food, getting an education, taking care of myself when I'm sick, those sort of things. So, when you came along I found that as my chance to finally make some friends" I explained.

Gray frowned, and patted me on the back, "well, that sucks. But hey, look on the bright side! When your an adult you can leave, and make your life better! Not really anything you can do about it while your still a kid though, so, good luck on the next seven years".

"Gee, thanks" I said, sarcastically.

Gray chuckled, seeing my obvious sarcasm. "Don't mention it, but do you have any idea why your mom would make you do that? Forcing you to be trapped in a castle for a year and not let anypony talk to you? Cause by the sounds of it, you must have done something really bad to tick her of".

"Actually, I didn't do anything, and she's never given me a proper explanation on why she's doing this. So I always assumed that it was because I'm not a pony" I explained.

"But that makes no sense, why would anypony punish you for not being the same species as us?" Gray asked.

I shrugged, "beats me, but I sure wish I knew".

I frowned, and stared back at the ground again.

Gray noticed my sadness and shoved a pizza at me, as if he wanted to do a toast.

"Well, whatever problems your going through at home, just know that your always welcome here!" said Gray.

I stared at Gray for a moment, then asked slowly, "y- you don't mind that I'm not a pony? You'll let me stay with you guys?"

Gray smiled, "of course! After all, we could use an extra hoof around here, and your a lot more reliable then most of the fillies around here. So what do ya say? You wanna hang with the Diamond Backs more often? We might teach you a thing or two!"

I was shocked, not only had I made a lot of new friends tonight, but Gray was openly saying that he had accepted me! He didn't care that I wasn't a pony, he's okay with me being human!

Slowly, my expression changed from shocked, to happy, then to a devious smile. "You know what, I think I will!"

Gray returned a devious smile back to me, and together, our pizzas met in a toast.

"In that case, welcome to the club, Obsidian!" said Gray.

I had new friends, friends who excepted me for who I am! And I got to be in a club, AND I got a cool nickname!

This was going to be fun!

Author's Note:

I regret placing a FNAF reference in there . . .