• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 3,376 Views, 37 Comments

Only Human - Merotik



Celestia found me when I was just a baby. Alone, lost in the forest, who knows what would have happened if she hadn't found me. Not only that, but she's treated me with such kindness and love, she's like a mother to me, I hope this life never ends...

  • ...
28
 37
 3,376

Eight Years Old

The sun began to set over the beautiful landscape, the wind blew a calm gentle wind, and the animals in the surrounding area were settling into their homes.

Normally I would spend these evenings relaxing, perhaps reading a book by the lake, or feeding bread to the ducks. Moments like this was just too beautiful to be spent inside. I was always more of an outside kind of guy, I loved the beauty and serenity of nature and long landscapes that are just begging to be adventured upon.

Sadly, today wasn't one of those days.

"Come on girl, we have to catch her!" I said to my horse, as I whipped the rope that was attached to the horses leather strap, indicating that we needed to move faster.

My friends along side me did the same.

"She's getting away!" shouted Maria.

"Not if I can help it!" I shouted.

The women that was traveling with a dark black and purple cloud of smoke turned to us, and laughed.

"Say what you want! You'll never catch me Maximo!"

The name echoed in my ears, as the images in my head suddenly began to fade to black.

I was losing consciousness, or I guess, I was gaining consciousness. Either way, I was both falling asleep and awakening, I could feel it, the memories, the intellect, the wisdom, all of it was fading as the true me began to awaken from his slumber.

Please, don't forget me... don't forget who you are... please... don't... forget...

What was I trying not to forget? Oh well, probably doesn't matter anyway. What day is today? Here, I'll go check the calendar mommy gave me.

I jumped out of my bed and skipped over to the calendar I had hung next to my bookshelf. It was Tuesday, I gasped.

"First day of school! Its the first day of school!" I shouted. I immediately changed out of my pajamas and into my day clothes. I then grabbed my school bag that was near my book shelf, and as I did so, I heard a voice call out to me. I didn't quite hear what it said, but when I looked around, no pony was there.

I turned back to the book shelf and stopped suddenly, I stared at the purple vase that mommy gave me a year ago. I don't know why I wanted the vase, something just told me that I had to have it, like a voice in my head, telling me that I have to keep watch on that vase, make sure nothing happens. I don't know why I thought these things, I just assumed it was my imaginary friend talking to me (I called him Pustulio!). I took the vase and placed it in my bag, I just felt like it, I guess.

Then, I ran out of my room and into mommy's bed chambers.

I don't know why mommy calls it a bed chamber, I guess that's just what you call a really big room with a bed.

When I entered, mommy was laying in her bed, still asleep. I decided not to wake her, since that would be rude. I saw mommy tossing and turning in the sheets, and she was muttering something to herself.

"What's the matter? I thought you loved me?"

'Uh oh, sounds like mommy's having a nightmare, I better wake her up' I thought to myself, as I dropped my bag down and hopped onto her bed.

"Or was it a lie? Just like everything else you've ever told me? Isn't that right?" mommy muttered to herself.

I made my way over to mommy and began shaking her gently, "Mommy?"

She didn't respond, so I shook harder, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy". She still didn't wake up.

"MOMMY!" I shouted, that did the trick.

Mommy gasped, when she awoke I hugged her as soon as I saw her sit up.

I knew mommy had just had a nightmare, but I was just so excited, I couldn't hold it in.

"Come on mommy, its the first day of school!", I quickly jumped off mommy's bed and grabbed my bag. I then ran out of her room, down the hall, and into the dining hall.

When I arrived I saw a waiter placing a plateful of breakfast onto the table, when he saw me, he smiled.

"Good morning Glee, did you enjoy your sleep?" he asked.

"Yes Sir!", his first name really is Sir. I think this is funny, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to hurt his feeling.

"That's great to hear. Are you ready to eat? I've had the cooks in the kitchen prepare your favorite" said Sir.

I gasped from excitement, and plopped down one seat away from Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset Shimmer was mommy's private student. She can be mean and scary sometimes, but I like to pretend she's my sister. She's mean to most ponies, but she acts a lot nicer to me, I guess I'm like a little brother to her. Or at least, I like to think of it that way.

The breakfast served to me was toast with tropical orange marmalade, fake meat strips (its fake bacon, but ponies don't know that because it doesn't exist in their world), pancakes with a smiley face, and a glass of orange juice.

"Wow! Thanks Sir!" I said, happily.

"You are most certainly welcome!", he smiled at me, then went back into the kitchen.

I munched on my fake meat strips for a few minutes, until I saw the door open, and mommy came in.

She walked to the table and sat in the seat, in between Sunset Shimmer and I.

"So, are you two exited for the new school year?" mommy asked.

"Ya I am! I cant wait to see Twilight and Green Bush again!" I said to mommy, excitedly. "What about you Sunset Shimmers? Are you excited for the school year?" I asked Sunset Shimmers as I was munching on my toast.

"Ha! As if, I'd like to attend my private lessons with having to hear the noise of ponies running up and down the halls" said Sunset Shimmers.

"Now, Sunset Shimmers, I expect you to actually make some friends this year, understand?" said mommy.

"Ugh! I just don't see the point in having to associate myself with ponies who are SO below MY standards"

"Excuse me?" said mommy, looking very cross at Sunset Shimmers.

'Uh oh, Sunset Shimmers done it now' I thought to myself.

Sunset quickly got off her seat and placed her saddle bag on her back. "Oh, but I... didn't say I wouldn't try, heh heh". She looked down at a non-existent watch on her hoof. "Oh would you look at the time! I better be off to my studies!", she quickly sped off.

Mommy sighed, as she looked at the grandfather clock that sat in the corner of the dining hall. "I guess it is time for us to depart, are you ready to go Glee?", mommy asked me.

I quickly shook my head up and down as I placed my bag over my shoulders.

Mommy and I walked out of the hall and into the front courtyard. Once there, mommy took me to one of the royal coaches. I took my seat, and waived goodbye to mommy as the two guards pegasus extended their wings and lifted us into the air.

I saw Mrs. Cherry Blossom talking to mommy, before the coach came out of range for us to see them.

"So, is this your first day of school, Glee?" the guard to the right asked.

"Yup, todays my first day, and I'm gonna see Twilight and Green Bush again!" I shouted, excitedly.

"Well that sounds like fun! I sure wish I could be a filly again" said the guard to the right.

"Why do you want to be a filly?" I asked the guard.

He chuckled, "well, when your a big strong stallion like me, you have a lot more responsibilities to attend to. You won't be able to have as much fun when your all grown up".

The guard to the left gave his partner a playful punch, "hey, don't scare the kid into not wanting to grow up. Let him learn for himself".

The guard to the right rolled his eyes, "oh come on, I'm just telling him the truth, he's got to learn some day that growing up could be hard".

"But not for me! Cause I'm gonna grow up and become an adventurer! Just like Phoenix Sprite!" I said to the gaurds.

"Phoenix Sprite? You mean that adventurer from the stories?" the guard to the right asked me.

I nodded, "yup, when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like her!"

"What about that new adventurer that just came out, what was her name? Daring Doo I think it was, don't you want to be like her. Cause I heard a rumor that she's actually real" said the guard to the right.

"I've never heard of her. Plus, Phoenix Sprite helps ponies while she's on her adventures, not just Equestria, but the whole world!", as I said this, I extended my arms out, showing how big Phoenix's achievements were.

"Well, if your gonna be an adventurer, then you got to be brave" said the guard to the right.

"Oh I'll be brave, I'm gonna be the bravest adventurer ever!" I said to the guard proudly.

"We've arrived at the destination Mr. Sunrise" said the guard to the left.

"Thank you!" I said to the guards, as I exited the coach. As I was leaving, I can hear the two guards arguing behind me, "Mr. Sunrise, really? Dude, he's like eight years old. Why do you have to be so formal?", "Well why can't you take your job more seriously?". The two guards then flew away.

As I was making my way to the classroom, I saw a familiar face in the window. I quickly snuck through the classroom door, snuck behind him, and tackled him.

"Rrrraaaahhhh!!! I'm the monster who hides under your bed!" I said playfully.

"Ah, Glee, I was wondering when you were coming", he pushed me off, and I helped him to his hoofs.

"Hi Green Bush! How was your summer!" I asked happily.

Green Bush was one of my best friends, he had light green fur and a dark green mane with green glasses. He's really smart, but he doesn't get out very much.

"It was O.K. I spent most of my time reading in my room" said Green Bush.

"Why? Don't you like playing outside?" I asked.

He shrugged, "it can be fun sometimes, but I don't really like being outside nearly as much as you do. I prefer to spend my time reading".

"That's makes two of us" said a voice from behind Green Bush.

Green Bush turned and saw a purple unicorn filly approach them.

"Twilight!" I called happily.

Twilight was my other best friend. She had light purple fur and a dark purple mane with a streak of pink in it. She's also really smart, but unlike Green Bush, she likes going outside more.

"Hi Glee! How was your summer?" asked Twilight.

"Oooh! It was super fun! My mommy took Sunset Shimmers and I to the park, and we ate ice cream, and-"

"You still call your mom mommy?" said a voice from behind me.

I turned and saw a light blue filly with a pink mane, standing next to a pink filly with a light blue mane. The pink one was Bubblegum Blast and the blue one Lucy Blue. Bubblegum and Lucy weren't very nice ponies, they would tease me a lot because I was different from the other ponies. I don't hate them, its actually because of them bullying me that Twilight and Green Bush became my friends. It was when I was six, they defended me when Bubblegum and Lucy tried to take my lunch. We became best friends shortly after. That didn't stop Bubblegum and Lucy from bullying me though.

"Ya, what's wrong with that?" I asked.

Bubblegum and Lucy looked at each other and laughed, "only babies call their moms mommy, are you a baby Glee?" said Bubblegum.

I didn't like being called a baby, I didn't really understand why she called me that. I was bigger then all of the other fillies, so for her to call me that just didn't make sense.

"No, I'm not a baby" I said to Bubblegum, as I looked down at my feet.

"Aw, are you going to cry?" said Lucy.

"No", that was a lie, I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"Aw, he is going to cry. Why don't we ask the teacher to call your mommy for you? Then she can give you your bottle and rock you to sleep" said Bubblegum.

Twilight stepped in between me and Bubblegum.

"That's enough! Glee can call his mom any way he likes!" said Twilight.

"Ya, there's nothing wrong with calling your mom mommy, and besides, you used to call your mom mommy too!" said Green Bush.

"Ya, when we were babies, but we're not anymore, unlike some pony we know. Oops, my mistake, your not a pony" said Bubblegum.

"What are you anyways? Are you some sort of monkey?" asked Lucy.

"You should be in the circus!" said Bubblegum.

"And you two should be heading to my desk right now!" said Mr. GrayBurn, who was standing behind them listening the whole time.

The fillies froze, and slowly turned around. When they saw Mr. GrayBurn standing above them, they tried to act if they were innocent.

"Oh, hello Mr. GrayBurn, we were just talking to our good friend Glee here, weren't we Glee?" asked Bubblegum.

She looked at me with an expression that said 'if you don't say yes, then we'll get later!'. I didn't want to say yes, because that would be lying, but I didn't want to say no, because Bubblegum was scary whenever she gave me that expression. So, I didn't answer, I just stood there and stared at my feet.

"Glee, have these two been mean to you again?" Mr. GrayBurn asked me.

"Uh... I..." I stuttered. Luckily I didn't have to answer, Twilight did that for me.

"Yes Mr. GrayBurn, Bubblegum and Lucy were calling Glee a baby and that he looked like a monkey, and that he should be in a circus!"

"Is that so? Well Bubblegum, Lucy, I think I'll just send a letter to you parents and have them come talk to me after school today" said Mr. GrayBurn.

"Awwww!" said both Bubblegum and Lucy.

"Now, you two go to your seats right now!" said Mr. GrayBurn.

Before they left, Bubblegum turned to me and whispered, "thanks a lot, monkey!". Mr. GrayBurn didn't hear this, he was suddenly preoccupied with the filly who likes to eat glue.

"Are you O.K. Glee?" Twilight asked.

"Ya, thanks Twilight, thanks Green Bush" I said to my friends.

"If you ever need help, we'll be here for you" said Green Bush.

"Every pony! Every pony settle down and take your seat!" said Mr. GrayBurn

All the fillies (including me) did as we were told.

Mr. GrayBurn clapped his hoofs together. "I have a big surprise for all of you! Since today is our first day returning to another school year, not only will you be having no homework, what better way to start a school year, then a field trip!".

After Mr. GrayBurn said this, the entire class cheered, except for Green Bush, he raised his hoof.

"Yes Green Bush?" asked Mr. GrayBurn.

"Don't we need parents permission before we can go on a field trip?" Green Bush asked.

"Oh, I'm sure they won't mind, besides, we are going to a forest. If your parents ask, just tell them we were learning about trees. Now, I want every pony to grab their bags and get into a line near the door. I'll send a pony one at a time to the coach that'll be taking us there" said Mr. GrayBurn.

We did as we were told and stood in a line near the door (I was with Twilight and Green Bush). Then, Mr. GrayBurn sent us to the coach. The coaches were only big enough to have ten ponies sit in it, so the class had to split between five coaches.

After ten minutes of waiting, the pegasus who would be flying the coaches finally extended their wings, and lifted us into the air.

As we flew, Twilight and Green Bush and I talked about all the amazing things we were going to do when we got there. I was going to adventure, Twilight was going to study nature, and Green Bush was going to read under the shade of a tree.

As we flew, I looked through the window of the coach and gasped.

"What is it Glee?" asked Twilight.

"Look, its Pony Ville!" I said, excitedly.

We were flying right above it, I could see all of the stores and the ponies walking through the streets. I could see the town hall, and a library that looked like a tree, and a huge farm full of apples!

"What's so exiting about Pony Ville?" Green Bush asked.

"Because, I'm going to be an adventurer when I grow up, and an adventurer has to start somewhere! So I'm going to start by traveling to Pony Ville! It looks like a really nice place, but I've never been there before, but some day I will!" I said to Green Bush, proudly.

"Why do you want to start in Pony Ville? Why not the Unicorn Range or Foal Mountain? What about the Rambling Rock Ruins, that place seems interesting" said Green Bush.

"I don't know, Pony Ville just seems like a good place to start, what do you think Twilight?" I asked.

"Well, I can't ever imagine myself going to Pony Ville, but if I was going to be an adventurer then it does seem like a great place to start" said Twilight.

"I'd still go the Foal mountains if I was going to be an adventurer" said Green Bush.

"Every pony, we've arrived at the destination!" shouted Mr. GrayBurn.

The coach landed near the edge of the forest, me, Twilight and Green Bush quickly left the coach.

It was amazing! Their were so many birds and squirrels and other forest animals. The trees were super tall, and there were lots of bushes surrounding them.

"Every pony follow me, make sure to stay with the group, I don't want any pony getting lost!" said Mr. GrayBurn.

We began fallowing Mr. GrayBurn into the forest. We followed along a path for about twenty minutes, until we made it to the top of a hill that had no trees on it.

"Alright, I want every pony back in this area within one hour, have fun but don't go too far. Make sure you can still see the picnic spot!" said Mr. GrayBurn.

Twilight, Green Bush and I immediately ran into an area full of really tall trees and berry bushes. Green Bush sat next to a tree with a big shade and began reading a book. Twilight pulled out a magnifying glass that she keeps in her saddle bag and started looking around the berry bushes. I climbed onto the nearest tree and began hopping from one branch to the other.

"You should probably be careful Glee, you don't want to fall" said Twilight.

"Don't worry, I'm a brave adventurer, and brave adventurers never get hurt!", as I said this, my footing slipped as I tried to hop to the next branch, and I fell, landing on top of Green Bush. Green Bush cushioned my fall, so I wasn't hurt, and somehow Green Bush wasn't hurt either.

Green Bush gave me an annoyed expression, I smiled at him sheepishly. "Oops, my bad" I said to Green Bush.

"If your going to jump through trees like a mad pony then could you at least not be above me while you do it?" asked Green Bush, as he got to his hoofs and dusted the dirt off of him.

"Sorry Green Bush" I apologized.

"Wow! Look at that!" exclaimed Twilight.

Green Bush and I turned to see what Twilight was looking at. She had just found a huge dragon fly!

"Oooh! Are you gonna catch it!" I asked Twilight.

"No, he belongs here, in the forest, but I sure wish I had a real dragon. Then I could keep him and name him and take care of him!" Twilight said, excitedly.

"But dragons aren't pets? How are you going to keep a dragon?" I asked.

Twilight shrugged, "I don't know, I still want one".

"It would be pretty interesting to have a dragon, even though they can't be pets, you can still have them as a brother or a sister" said Green Bush.

"Ya, that's it, I'll have a dragon for a sister!" said Twilight.

"I thought you already had a brother?" I asked.

"I do, but I want a dragon for a sister, not a brother. Having a dragon would be so cool!" Twilight exclaimed.

A thought came to me, I slowly snuck behind Twilight and lifted her off the ground.

"Rrraaahhhh!!! I'm a dragon! I'm going to eat you!" I shouted, In my best scary dragon voice.

"Aaaagh! Oh no, he's got me! Green Bush help!" said Twilight.

"I don't know guys, I'm getting to a really good part in this book!" said Green Bush.

Me and Twilight stopped, and stared at Green Bush with bored expressions.

Green Bush slapped his book shut and groaned, "Ugh, fine! I'll play". He picked up a nearby stick, and pointed it at me. "Fear not citizen, for I will save you!" said Green Bush, pretending to be a brave knight.

"You'll never catch me!" I yelled to Green Bush. I then placed Twilight on my back in a piggy back ride sort of position and began running away. From behind me, I can hear Twilight giggling, and Green Bush shouting, "come back here ferocious beast!".

We ran for a couple of seconds before running into another group of fillies. They looked at us in a very confused way.

"Uh, what are you guys doing?" asked one of the fillies.

"Were playing dragons! I'm a dragon and I just captured Twilight, and Green Bush is the knight!" I explained.

"Oooh!" Can we play!" said one of the fillies that was in the back of the group.

"Sure!" I said, happily.

For the remainder of the hour, we played dragons. Six fillies, as well as myself, were dragons (they made me the alpha dragon, because I was the tallest), Green Bush and five other fillies were knights, Twilight and two other fillies were the ones that had to be rescued. The dragons would try to prevent the knights from rescuing Twilight and the two fillies, but sometimes the hostages didn't want to be rescued. Since I had to make sure the knights didn't rescue the hostages, I gave the hostages piggy back rides to make sure they were never out of my sight. They thought that this was really fun, so some of them didn't want to be rescued. They liked it when I gave then piggy back rides.

Soon, we heard Mr. GrayBurn call us back to the picnic spot, we ate for an hour and were allowed to go back to our game again. One of the fillies who was a knight brought his ball along and pretended that it was a cannon ball. He fired it at the dragons and it flew off into the forest somewhere.

"Aw, that was my new ball" said the filly.

"Don't worry, I'll get it!", I jumped over a couple of bushes away from our group, and began searching for the ball.

It took a lot longer then I thought to find the ball, it must've gone farther then I thought. I walked further and deeper into the forest and away from our group, trying as best as possible to find the ball. Eventually, I had made it so deep that the forest didn't look the same anymore. This part of the forest looked thicker, and darker. I didn't like it, it scared me.

'I'm a brave pony, I'm a brave pony' I thought to myself. Suddenly, I saw something in the corner of my eye.

It was the ball! I ran over and picked it up, and as I did so, I noticed that it had landed in a bush that for some reason, appeared so familiar. Now that I thought about it, this whole area looked familiar. I don't know why, but I felt like I've been here before.

Suddenly, I felt my head give out a tremendous amount of pain. I fell to my knees, and images in my head began to flash. I felt like I was being sucked into a vacuum, as the world around me faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was laying on the ground. I was beneath a bush and couldn't move. I couldn't call out for help, all I could do was cry.

Why was I crying, how did I get here, I couldn't remember. . . why can't I remember!

I need help, please, someone help me!

"Hello! Is anyone there?" a voice had called out.

I opened my eyes and saw. . . her for the first time.

She had white fur, pink eyes, a long flowing rainbow colored mane, and a golden crown and necklace, both with a purple jewel encrusted into it.

And, she was a pony, a talking pony, but, ponies can't talk... can they?

I don't know, my head, it hurts so much! I feel like my memories been swiped, I can't remember anything! I'm scared, so scared. I continued to cry.

I felt my body lift into the air, as the pony placed me gently into her fore legs.

"Shush now child, everything will be fine", she said to me softly as she began to gently rock me in her legs.

She was so soft, so nice, she made me feel safe, like all the dangerous things in the world could no longer harm me as long as I was with this pony. Even my headache was fading away. I felt myself calm down, as I slowly drifted to sleep, resting my head against her chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Glee! Glee where are you!" shouted Twilight.

I woke up, and found myself laying on the ground, with the ball still in my hand.

'What just happened?' I thought to myself.

I quickly jumped to my feet and began running back to the group.

When I arrived, I found the entire classroom was in our play area now, including the teacher. Mr. GrayBurn ran to me and began checking me for cuts and bruises.

"Oh thank goodness your alright! What happened? Did you get lost?" Mr. GrayBurn asked me.

"What do you mean? I just went to go get the ball" I explained to Mr. GrayBurn.

Green Bush walked up to me, and looked at me with a concerned expression.

"Glee, that was two hours ago!" he exclaimed.

"What! No it wasn't! I was only gone for a few minutes!" I said to Green Bush and Mr.GrayBurn.

"Glee, what happened while you were looking for the ball?" Mr. GrayBurn asked me.

I didn't know how to answer him, cause I didn't know what happened. One minute I was grabbing the ball, and the next I fell asleep, or at least it felt like I was asleep. Why would I fall asleep in the middle of the forest anyway? I couldn't tell Mr. GrayBurn that I fell asleep in the forest, he'll get mad at me. But I couldn't lie either, I'll just tell him I don't know what happened, maybe he won't be as mad if I do.

"I don't know, I just grabbed the ball, and I came out here and you were all here and then you said "Oh thank goodness your alright! What happened? Did you get lost?" and then I said "what do you mean? I just went to go get the ball" and then-"

Mr. GrayBurn placed his hoof over my mouth and sighed, "well, what ever happened, I'm glad your alright. Its time to get going anyways. I want every pony to fallow me back to the coaches".

As we began walking back, Green Bush whispered into my ear, "what happened Glee? Did you go on an adventure?".

"No, I don't know what happened" I whispered to Green Bush.

"But you can't disappear for two hours and not know where you were" whispered Twilight.

"But I really don't know what happened, I grabbed the ball, and two hours had passed" I tried to explain.

Green Bush and Twilight gave each other concerned looks, before turning away and remaining silent for the rest of the walk.

The flight back to the school was also silent, all of the fillies wanted to know where I was during those two hours, but I really didn't know. When I told them this, they didn't believe me.

When we arrived at the school, Mr. GrayBurn told me that he was going to send a letter to my mother and that we were going to talk in a parent teacher conference. He said I wasn't in trouble, but I felt like I was. I left the school and into the royal coach that was sitting in the front of the school.

It wasn't the same guards as this morning, that disappointed me a little, I like those guys but I can only see them when they take me to school in the morning. The evening guards didn't talk very much, and the entire flight back to the castle was spent in silence.

I was still a bit scared with everything that happened, but as soon as the coach landed and I saw mommy waiting for me, all of my fears suddenly disappeared. I was super excited to tell mommy about how my day went, but I didn't want to tell her the part about me being lost for two hours, that would make her worry. She would probably get mad at Mr. GrayBurn, which I didn't want her too, he was a nice teacher.

I decided to tell her about my day, but leave that part out.

Oh yeah, I also had to tell her that we learned about trees today. But why would Mr. GrayBurn ask us to tell our mommy's and daddy's that, even though we didn't? Would I be lying if I told mommy that we learned about trees today? If Mr. GrayBurn told us to tell our mommy's and daddy's this, then it should be alright, right? Ya, it should be alright.

I jumped out of the coach and began hopping up and down from excitement.

"I assume you had a good day at school?" mommy asked me.

I nodded, "I had a super duper GREAT day at school! First, Mr. GreyBurn took us on a field trip to a forest so we can learn about all the different trees there, and while we were looking at all the trees, twilight found a dragon fly! And then, after twilight found it, we all wanted to have real dragons! So we started playing dragons, and we pretended we were flying! And then", I ran out of breath from talking to fast.

Mommy chuckled, "well you certainly sound like you had a very exciting day, why don't you tell me the rest when we get back into the castle?". I nodded.

Once back into the castle, I told mommy about everything I had done today. Learning about tree's, Playing pretend dragons with Twilight, Green Bush, and the other fillies, having a picnic in the woods, and so on and so forth.

I had been talking nonstop about my day for a good ten minutes before a thought came to my mind. "Mommy, am I a dragon?" I asked.

"What makes you think your a dragon?" mommy asked.

"Well, I'm bigger then all the other fillies at school, and I don't walk on all fours, and I don't have hoofs. I know I'm not a pony, so does that mean I'm a dragon?" I asked.

Mommy thought for a moment, then sighed, "no, you are not a dragon Glee, nor are you a pony".

"But what am I then?" I asked.

Mommy gave me a hug, "you are you, Glee Sunrise. You don't have to be a pony or a dragon, you are perfect just the way you are".

I smiled, "But is there any pony else like me?".

"Um"

Before mommy could speak, a guard suddenly appeared, "your highness, she's awake".

"Good, I'll be on my way" said mommy

The guard nodded then walked off.

"Glee, I have some business to attend to, why don't you head off to your room and start your homework" said Celestia.

"But, Mr. GrayBurn said that since todays the first day we don't have to do homework. Ooh! Can I come watch you do your work instead" I said excitedly.

"I'm sorry Glee, but this is very important business that I have to attend. If you don't have homework then why don't you go play in the garden" said mommy.

I really like to watch mommy do her work, so when she said no, I frowned, "O.K. I'll go play in the garden". I suddenly remembered about the new ball that mommy had gotten me recently. I smiled, "Ooh! I can play with my new ball!".

I quickly ran down the hall to go and retrieve my ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ball, ball, ball, ball, ah ha! Found it!", I had been searching my toy box for a long time, trying to find my new ball. I found it at the bottom, so I picked it up and was about to turn to leave when I noticed something was missing.

I turned to my bookshelf and saw that my vase was gone.

No, I have to have that vase, I have to, where did it go, where did it go!?! .... Oh yeah, that's right, I brought it with me... why did I panic over a vase? I don't know, probably doesn't matter anyway.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and searched inside for the purple vase, it wasn't there.

I started to panic again, I checked and rechecked, but it wasn't there. Now that I thought about it, I placed it in my bag this morning, but I didn't have it through out the entire day, so I must have dropped it in mommy's bed chambers!

I quickly bolted out of my room and ran to mommy's bed chambers, bringing my bag with me.

I tried to enter, but it was locked.

"No, please, I need to find that vase, I have to find it, I have to!" I said to myself.

Suddenly, the door unlocked, but when I looked inside, no pony was there.

How did the door open by itself? Oh well, that doesn't matter, I have to find that vase! I have to! Why do I care about that vase so much? Maybe its because mommy gave it to me, and that makes me care about it more.

I searched around the room for several minutes, searching on the bed, the closet, the bathroom, it wasn't there. I got to my knees and checked to see if it had rolled under the bed, it hadn't. I turned my head and found that it didn't roll under the bed, it rolled under the desk!

"There you are!" I said happily.

I picked up the vase, and placed it in my bag.

Just as I was about to drop it, I felt the vase vibrate in my hand. When it did, I gasped, and dropped it.

"Dawn Breaker, Dawn Breaker, Dawn Breaker, Dawn Breaker", I heard a voice whisper in an echo. The voice was coming from the vase.

I slowly reached for the vase, and as I did so, I heard the vase whisper in an echo again.

"Dawn Breaker, Dawn Breaker, Dawn Breaker, Dawn Breaker".

I had no idea how the vase was speaking, and I had no idea what it was whispering about.

"What's a Dawn Breaker?" I asked the vase.

As soon as I asked, the vase stopped vibrating, and went silent, but before it did, I could have sworn I heard some pony chuckle.

I picked up the vase, and looked inside. Nothing, it was just an empty vase. Maybe it was enchanted to vibrate at random times, but I've had this vase for a year, how come it only started doing this now?

No time to ask questions now, I heard some pony walking down the hall, if they catch me in mommy's bed chambers, they might get me in trouble.

I quickly stuffed the vase back into my bag, I shut the door behind me and bolted down the hall. I eventually made it to the exit that led me into the garden.

It took me a couple minutes to catch my breath, but as soon as I had my energy back, I kicked my ball over a hedge.

It flew off somewhere into the garden, I'm not sure where, so I went to go look for it. I searched for a bit, through the flowers, the bushes, and the plants, but I eventually found it lying underneath a window, and just as I picked it up I heard some pony say my name.

"I need you to start keeping a close eye on Glee for me. Can you do that?", strange, that sounded like mommy. I peered through the window and saw mommy and Mrs. Cherry Blossom speaking to each other in an empty room. They both looked really worried, did something happen? Maybe it had something to do with what that guard said earlier, about some pony waking up?

"Well, ya I can watch Glee for you, but what does he have to do with the.... hold on, you don't think he has anything to do with the prophecy, do you?" asked Mrs. Cherry Blossom.

'Duck!' a voice shouted in my head. Instinctively, I listened to the voice, I don't know why I did, for some reason, it just felt like something that had to be done at that moment. I duck beneath the window, so that mommy and Mrs. Cherry Blossom couldn't see me.

I waited a few seconds, before I heard mommy speak, "It is merely a precaution, just to make sure nothing bad really does happen".

"But Glee's just a little boy! He hasn't done anything wrong! I've seen him play with the other fillies, I've seen him try to help the staff with their chores, I've seen him be kind and sweet and never rude to others! He hasn't done anything wrong! How could you even consider him being part of all this?" asked Mrs. Cherry Blossom.

Mommy thinks I'm part of something? What did I do wrong?

There was another pause, before I heard mommy speak, "The prophecy said to stop him while his heart is still kind, before he changes".

"You think Glee's going to change?" asked Mrs. Cherry Blossom.

"No, I believe Glee will grow up to become a young, healthy, responsible gentleman. That's what I believe, and you think so too, don't you?" mommy asked.

I didn't hear Mrs. Cherry Blossom answer, so I assumed she either shook her head or nodded.

"We both believe Glee will grow up kind and proper, but what if we're wrong?" asked mommy.

Oh, O.K. she nodded . . . wait, if their wrong? What does mommy mean if their wrong? She doesn't think I'm a gentleman?

This thought made my eyes tear a little.

I didn't hear Mrs. Cherry Blossom answer, but I knew she was probably thinking the same thing.

"I know it may not seem like the right thing to do, but you can't deny that something is different about Glee. And believe you me, I hope that this prophecy thing is just a fluke, and we can all go back to our normal lives. Until then however, we just need to keep a close watch on him. Can you do that?" mommy asked.

"Yes princess, I'll help keep an eye on him" said Mrs. Cherry Blossom.

"Good, I better go and set the sun then" said mommy.

There was a small pause, I thought they had left, before-

"Uh, princess, what do you keep looking at?" asked Lyra.

'You've been spotted!' shouted the voice in my head.

I saw mommy burst to the window at top speed, looking around, looking for me, but she wouldn't find me.

I don't know how I did it, but somehow I had made it across the garden and behind a hedge before she could catch me. I had somehow traveled across the garden faster then mommy, I WAS FASTER THEN MOMMY!!! I would have been extremely amazed if it hadn't been for what I had just heard mommy and Mrs. Cherry Blossom talking about.

After mommy closed the window and left, I curled up into a ball and started to cry.

Mommy and Mrs. Cherry Blossom said I'm not a gentleman, and they said I was different. Its probably because I'm not a pony that they don't trust me, its because I'm different, isn't it? Wait, does that mean mommy doesn't love me? No, that can't be it, mommy loves me, she's always loved me. She's always been there for me when I'm hurt or sick. She's always been there for my birthdays and other special events. She loves me, she's always loved me . . . then again, what if she's just pretending.

She wants Mrs. Cherry Blossom to start watching me, to make sure I don't change, why? What do they think I'm going to change into? Something dangerous, something scary, or worse? And, what if she wants Mrs. Cherry Blossom to watch me because she can't watch me any more. What if mommy's too busy to watch me herself, so she wants Mrs. Cherry Blossom to watch me instead!?!

Am I in trouble? Is this because I'm not a pony? I'm not a pony, and I'm not a dragon, I'm not anything . . . but I have to be something . . . right? . . . . right? . . . . WHAT AM I!?!

The more I thought about this, the more I cried. I laid in the garden behind the hedge and cried for what felt like hours, when I stopped, the sun was down. I could hear the bell tower in the distance chime eight times, it was eight o clock, I had to be in bed soon.

I wiped my tears and slowly stood up. I then began to make the trip through castle, up the stairs, and into my room. I was so upset, I had forgotten I still had my bag, I left my ball behind however.

After I had gotten dressed, I placed the purple vase back into its proper position on my bookshelf. I probably would have thought about what happened in mommy's bed chambers if I wasn't so upset. I slowly left my room and made my way to the bathroom, to brush my teeth. On my way there, I ran into mommy.

"Oh, hello Glee, off to brush your teeth?" she asked.

I merely nodded.

"Would you like to brush your teeth in my bathroom tonight?"

I merely nodded again.

I followed her into her bed chambers and into her bathroom, mommy then levitated me a new toothbrush and placed minty orange toothpaste on the bristles (minty orange was my favorite).

I brushed my teeth silently as mommy combed her hair.

"You've been awfully quiet tonight Glee, are you feeling alright" mommy asked me.

I didn't answer, I didn't know how to answer. I was feeling several mixed feeling at once, confusion, sadness, fear. I was confused about what mommy and Mrs. Cherry Blossom were talking about, I was sad because mommy didn't trust me, and I was scared because I felt that I was in trouble. What made it worse, is that I thought I was in trouble because I wasn't a pony. Mommy said I was different, and the only thing different about me was the fact that I'm not a pony, so that had to be the reason . . . but . . . why would mommy get me in trouble for that?

Mommy looked at me concerned, "Glee, is there anything you need to tell me?" she asked.

Should I ask her? About what happened earlier, no, then she'll know that I was eavesdropping, and she'll get me in even more trouble then I all ready am! I could feel my eyes starting to tear up again. I don't want to talk anymore, I just want to go to bed and cry.

I tried to rinse my toothbrush fast and leave the bathroom, but mommy stopped me.

"Glee, why aren't you answering me? You know you can tell me anything, you know that don't you?" said mommy.

I hung my head my head low, and faced away from mommy. Mommy didn't trust me because I'm different, and she's going to get me in trouble now. I feel so scared, sad, and confused all at once. I can't hold in my tears anymore . . . I . . . I . . . I need a hug . . . .

I slowly turned to mommy, revealing that I was crying.

"Glee! What's wrong?" mommy asked me.

I ran and hugged mommy, crying into her chest.

"I don't want to be different! I want to be a pony like you!" I cried.

I cried into mommy's chest for a few minutes before speaking again.

"Why am I not a pony mommy? Why am I different?"

Mommy thought about this for a moment, then said "I don't know why your not a pony Glee, but I do know this. You can be a dragon, a pony, a dog, a cat, you can be born in any way, shape or form. But it doesn't matter how your born. What matters Is what you make of yourself. A dragon may seem big and scary, but if he show's a bit of friendship, then anyone will love him for who he is".

I sniffed and looked at mommy. "Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"Now why would you be in trouble?" mommy asked me.

I shrugged, and mommy placed me on her back. "I think you just need a bit of sleep, that will make you feel better" said mommy.

I yawned, and mommy took me back to my room and placed me on my bed.

"Good night Glee, I love you" said mommy.

"I love you too mommy".

Mommy then shut the door and returned to her own room.

I laid in my bed, and stared at the vase. So much had happened today, so much I was still confused about. I wanted to know more, but my body was well beyond its limit, physically and emotionally.

So as I drift into my slumber, I continue to ponder over the possibilities of what might be occurring with the vase. Why does that vase matter so much? Has it perhaps been enchanted with a powerful obsession spell. No, if that was the case then the spell would be strong enough to affect every pony else, unless the caster of such spell had managed to possess the skills needed in order to conjure such a spell that could lock onto an individual subject thus causing only him to be affected by the spell! But that isn't a normal casting spell, you'd need to brew an obsessive trait potion, and you have to have a lock of the subjects hair to which you want to cast the spell upon, then..... wait... how do I know all this?

Ah, I see, the real me is losing consciousness, I'm falling asleep, and by falling asleep, I am also awakening. The memories, the intellect, the wisdom, all of it was returning to me.

Well, there isn't much time to waste, I have to unlock the rest of my memories in order to get the real me to remember who he really is. Starting from when we were chasing the women in purple smoke, I reached for my bow and-

{Oh I don't think so}

GAAAH! What! Who are you!

{You don't remember me? Looks like my plan truly has worked}

You! No, your trapped in the vase! I TRAPPED YOU IN THE VASE!

{Well, lucky for me, the child version of you made a crucial mistake, or, perhaps it was you who made that mistake? I can never tell, either way, your cautious behavior will be your downfall}

What do you mean!?!

{Well, because you always want to keep me in check, you decided that it was a good idea to bring me along in your bag. How silly of you to accidently drop me when you were in your "mummy's" room. You gave me the perfect chance to place that false prophecy on the fake soothsayer pony}

You!?! You did that!?! But how, Your trapped, you shouldn't be able to interact outside your prison!

{Oh, my dear husband of mine, you truly have gotten old, haven't you, you placed spell locks over all of my abilities, except for one}

Ah, I see, spell leeching, the ability to absorb magical energy from one magical creature to another, I should have known. You leeched magical energy off of Celestia, she has so much magical energy that she never noticed. You used that magical energy to become strong enough to place that prophecy, I assume that's what the princess and the cherry gardener were discussing about. Now, you have plenty of energy left to take over my body and break yourself free from your prison. Oh well, I'm not perfect, after all we were falling through a portal to this dimension when I casted those spell locks, its understandable if I left a few things out.

{Enough talk! I have possession over your childish body now! Once I'm free, I'll take over this pathetic pony infested world, and soon, I'll have the power to return to our own dimension, and I will be the ruler of two worlds!}

Heh, heh, heh...

{What's so funny?}

Oh, my dear wife of mine, it seems that you have grown old as well. I may not be able to spell leech like you can, not that I want to any way because that's dark magic, but I also have a trick up my sleeve.

{Oh really? And what would that be?}

Well, as you may know that after our retiring ritual had taken place, we both had lost all of our magic. However, because you were so keen as to getting your magic back through dark magic, you never noticed the little bit of magic that I had left.

{You possess no magic! I would be able sense it!}

So you think you can, but I've been preparing for this for a long time.... RRRAAAAAHHHH!!!!

{WHAT! YOU HAVE MAGIC! HOW!}

Because I had so little magic left, it was easy for me to hide it from you! I kept my magic stored and ready for this very day to come, that why I always kept an eye on you! In case I had to make this sacrifice!

{If you use your last bit of magic, then all of your memory's will truly will be gone! You won't be you anymore!}

I'm willing to make that sacrifice, if it helps to keep this world and our world safe.

{Even if you sacrifice yourself, you've already lost! The princess knows of the prophecy, now I've convinced her that you are a threat! You've lost your memories and your suspected of being evil! Face it, you've lost!}

I have not lost yet, no matter what happens, whether it be good or bad, I believe that things will be right in the end.

{But that princess suspects of you being evil, what then!?! She'll imprison you, banish you, or worse!}

She won't, she loves me too much to do something like that.

{And what about you! What if YOU turn sour, who's to say you won't try to attack that pathetic pony princess for revenge!?!}

HA! Please, even you should know this, dear wife of mine! You can have your memory wiped away, but your true self will always remain, that is why no matter what happens, I will never harm the princess. She is me after all, and I'd never hurt myself.

{YOU AND THIS WORLD WILL PERISH UNDER MY HAND!!!}

Sorry dear wife of mine, I can't allow that, after I cast the last bit of my magic, you will be trapped in that vase for all eternity. And there will be no loop holes to help you this time! The only one who can truly free you is me! And me alone!

{If you do this then you will lose yourself!}

I don't care, I can't let you harm any body or any pony any more.

{Don't do this, we can rule this world together!}

Good Bye, Sarah!

BBBBZZZZZZZTTTTTT!!!!!

{MAXIMOOOOOOOO!!!}

BBBBZZZZzzzzzzttttt . . . . . .

Huff, huff, that's it . . . that's the last bit of my magic . . . I'm fading . . . I've done all I could to gain as many memories as I could . . . I hope that it was enough . . . . looks like this is the end of Maximo for a while . . . I hope the real me can get his memories back some day . . . until then . . . . good . . . luck . . . Glee Sunrise . . . . .

Glee shifted a bit, as he smiled in his sleep.