• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 416 Views, 4 Comments

Kuro, shiro to shian - Terabyte West



Nightmare moon returns, and Rainbow needs to save her friends after waking up from a 2-year long coma. Good thing she isn't just going in unprepared!

  • ...
11
 4
 416

Welcome to our hideout!

"Oh my Celestia, my head feels like I've been listening to Pinkie's horrible singing... Wait, WHERE AM I?!!?" I looked around the shoddy excuse for a medical center I was in. It looked recently built, and I was the only one in the entire cabin...thing. I could see some shape approaching through an entrance I previously didn't know existed, a unicorn, I presume, and I did the only thing I could do in a situation like this. I asked the figure where I was, and who they were.
"Hey, buddy, where exactly am I and how long was I out for?" The figure approached me, revealing itself. Sorta. It was wearing some sorta cloak thing, and the horn actually appeared artificial. It didn't even speak with me, just brought out a calendar and a couple of pictures of the apparent aftermath of Nightmare Moon's re-rise. The calendar was on August, which made no sense. It was December when I went to Canterlot and got shot down from the sky. Wait... Was I out for eight months?

"Has it been eight months since I crashed in the forest?"

I could barely make out what the figure said. I couldn't make a gender out from the voice. "...Twenty."

I could not believe what (s)he said. My friends have been held captive for almost TWO YEARS! I could barely stand for this. I hopped out of bed and flew for the door, and... collapsed in searing agony? What the heck happened?

Just as I was about to ask the guy, some other cloaked figure appeared behind me and said, "You wing was nearly severed when you landed. We almost couldn't save it. It was a miracle you didn't lose your left wing in our new-found medical shelter. It was also a miracle Nurse Redheart was in our hideout. That wing needs to have no weight on it for the next few days." Now THIS voice sounded familiar. I turned my head and saw my instructor from the Academy, good ol' Spitfire. "While you're here, we may need to get you accustomed to how this place is laid out. We weren't able to salvage much after Nightmare Moon destroyed Las Pegasus alongside solar troops." LAS PEGASUS?!!? Jeez, I flew far.

After recovering from my searing agony, I walked outside alongside Spitfire as she showed me around their rucksack of a town. For 20 months of trying to build Las Pegasus from the ground up, they did pretty good. I think they even had some sorta stage somewhere, I don't remember, I wasn't able to pay much attention since I was grounded. But regardless, right around the end, I saw some strange little building that was, from what I remember, the ONLY thing in the entire hideout that was made of metal. I asked Spitfire what it was, and she just responded with,"Something you'll have to see once you recover. You'll LOVE IT." This was actually rather interesting for me, since there was no indication as to what the building was, and I think there was actually a security system. All I could think to myself at that moment was, If it's something I can use to rescue the rest of my friends, I can't wait at all.