• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 2,143 Views, 101 Comments

A New World, a New Identity - Snek



Pokémon Trainer, Tyler Watsky, is sent to Equestria by the god of Pokémon himself. Now he’s stuck with a new body, a noble pony, and a man-made Eeveelution. Will he be able to adapt to this new world?

  • ...
8
 101
 2,143

Chapter 17

After Valerie’s fishing lesson, which was all but successful in any shape or form, they had a hearty breakfast of fish, all caught by her parents.

“Ok, let’s just tell Frederick this happened, so he can feel better about him not being able to swim,” Shadow suggested to his mate.

“Hmm… I guess… Or we could just torture him and make him think his little sister who he needs to constantly protect is better than him at most things.”

“That sounds fun too,” Shadow put a paw to his chin, which was spattered slightly with fish guts.

“I do have to give it to you Shadow,” Flo complimented him, “I was surprised how well you did eating raw. I thought most trainer Pokemon didn't have much of a stomach for it.”

“I was wild for the first three years of my life, and in that time I ate a few raw Magikarp that my mom caught, plus I only traveled with Tyler for about ten months before all this,” he gestured around, “happened.”

“Wait,” Valeries eyes widened, “You're only three?”

“Four actually, my birthday is somewhere around April. I don’t know the exact date. We just celebrated it on the twelfth since we were in town then.”

“I thought you were older than me…” Valerie fidgeted some with the fish bones next to her. “I didn’t realize I was three years older than you.”

The Umbreon shrugged, “I may have seemed older since I know more about the outside world I guess. Damian is the oldest out of all of us, besides Tyler. He’s fourteen. BBK is around twelve I think, Queen is seven, Kenny is six. Tyler is sixteen.”

“Huh…” The Poison-Type was slightly at a loss for words.

“So Shadow,” Hector spoke up. “You’ve met us, but we don’t know much about your family. Let us get to know you better.”

“Well…” Shadow rubbed the back of his head. “My mom was a Leafeon, and my dad was a Mightyena. They didn’t get along too well. I moved out once I was old enough and they split up immediately after.”

“That’s a shame,” Flor sighed. “What caused it if you don’t mind my asking.”

“I was the product of a one night stand sort of thing. My mom’s first heat hit her pretty hard, and according to my dad she was ‘groveling at the feet of every male she could find’,” the Umbreon blushed slightly, “As you could guess, my dad took her up on the offer. He left afterwards, and my mom bore my egg. When pops found out I existed he came back and insisted he helped out. I remember my mom doing everything in her power to get him to leave but he kept coming back with food and nesting materials until she gave up and let him hang around. She hated him, even though I personally think she blamed him way too much for it.”

“Well… that doesn’t sound like the happiest family. I’m surprised you were so willing to come meet my parents after that,” Valerie commented.

“No, I had friends whose parents got along, I knew mine were a sort of peculiarity,” Shadow flattened his ears slightly. “I don’t miss my mom much, she always had such a sour outlook on everything. I’d love to see my dad again I guess, show him I sorta followed him and became a Dark-Type.”

“Aww, that’s sorta sweet,” Valerie leaned over and gave her mate a light hug. “Maybe you’ll run into him one day.”

Shadow nodded, “Yeah, that’d be nice. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to look for a friendlier mate once they split up. He was way too young to be done with the love game entirely, he was about the same age I was when I left when I was conceived.”

Valerie smiled at the thought, “So maybe I’m not the only one expecting a new sibling.”

“I wouldn’t say it’s guaranteed.” Shadow shrugged, “He may want to take it slower with whoever else he meets, not go running in second head first.”

“Oh…” Valerie’s ears flattened slightly at the risque remark. “Well, I hope he’s happier I guess.”

There was a long moment of silence before Hector started, “So Shadow. did you have a different name before meeting your trainer?”

The Umbreon shook his head, “Nah, I was just Eevee before then, and my mom was just Leafeon, and my dad was just Mightyena.”

“I never understood families like that,” Flo huffed slightly, “If we did that I’d call for one and get all four. It’d be even harder considering how alike Frederick and Marc looked compared to the others.”

“I have to say I don't really understand it either” agreed Shadow. “I sorta do with humans, I heard something from one about how they didn’t want to force a name on the Pokemon, but still.”

“I guess most trainers who have a decently built team with a good variety wouldn’t need to worry about the issue of multiple mon’s of the same species,” the female Vaporeon agreed.

Hector shook his head slightly before responding“But what about those weird trainers that have five Magikarp, or two Shuppet and a Banette or things like that? How do they separate the Shuppet, and what would they do once they both evolve?”

Shadow nodded in agreement, “Yeah, I’ve met a few trainers like that, but they’ve never struck me as the most intelligent people in the world anyway.”

“Don’t be mean!”Valerie giggled as she booped the Umbreon’s nose,

“I’m not trying to be rude it’s just an observation,” he laughed as he booped her nose with his. The two looked into each other's eyes for a moment, before Valerie leaned in and gave Shadow a peck on the lips, and cuddled up next to him.

Flo smiled at the sight, “I think our daughter is in good hands,” she whispered to her mate. “I hope they have better luck than we did,” she added with a sad smile. “Oh Arceus I hope they do.”


“So let me get this straight,” BBK rubbed her face with part of her ring, “Your asshole brother, who bullied you to the point where you have anger issues concerning the things he bullied you about, and you beat the shit out of earlier, tells you that poachers have captured the majority of Professor Sycamore’s lab pokemon, your familly, including your sister, but he somehow escaped, And you want us to go rescue them.”

“Yeah that’s basically it.” Kenny nodded.

“Why are we going to believe him?” Damian raised an eyebrow behind his shades.

“Because while he’s an asshole, he’s never really lied about something this big… that I know of.”

Tyler put a paw to his chin in contemplation, “Well, I guess there’s no harm in going out and checking where he said they’re holding them, apart from wasted time.”

“How did he escape in the first place,” BBK squinted at the Fennekin, who became very nervous under her glare.

“I… well… they were moving us from one cage to another, and I managed to slip away. I tried to take a few others with me but they got caught.”

“Who did you try to take with you?” Kenny asked, looking for any holes in the Fennekins story.

“Spoon, and a new guy who came after you left, Spraypaint.”

“Where did you guys get your names from?” Damian chuckled.

“Usually physical appearance, attitude, or something someone did that was somehow extraordinary.” Kenny explained. “I was Slim because I had a slim, non masculine figure.”

“And I’m Hook, because I always used to skip mom’s lessons, ‘playing hooky’.”

Kenny snorted, “Oh c’mon, everyone at the lab knows it's’ because you were playing with a fishing rod at the lab and got the hook stuck in your ass. That was the best day of my life up until the day I left.”

“It wasn’t in my ass,” the Fennekin turned away.

“Oh right, was it your scrotum? I can’t remember.”

“Ok, that’s enough.” BBK yelled out, “We don’t need to hear any more of that. Let’s just decide whether or not we’re gonna go and investigate this.”

Damian raised a finger, “How about we go to Baltimare, and check out the location he told us about, then if true, we’ll go to the authorities, if not, we leave him in the woods there.”

“Sounds good to me,” Kenny nodded. “Even if it is true I don’t want him hanging around.”

“So it’s settled. Some of us will go to check it out, while the others stay here at the mansion,” Tyler recommended.

“I can stay,” Damian volunteered, “I don’t want to participate in this wild Swanna chase.”

“Suit yourself,” BBK smirked, “I’ve been needing to get out of this damn city for too long. Even if nothing’s there it can be like a sort of vacation.”

“I’ll go too,” Tyler nodded, “I could use this as another chance to search around for Queen. And I suppose you’re definitely going, Kenny?”

“You’re damn right,” the Delphox scowled, “I may hate half those fuckers but they’re still family, and if Kayla is there I can’t let her rot in a cage.”

“Who is Kayla anyway?” Tyler arched an eyebrow, “I’ve heard her mentioned multiple times, but I still don’t know who she is.”

“She’s Slim’s girlfriend,” Hook taunted.

“She is NOT.” Kenny growled, “She’s my sister. And I love her platonically despite what you and your lackeys say.”

“Whatever you say,” the Fennekin smirked, before flinching back when Kenny took a step towards him.

“Kenny, stop bullying your brother,” BBK chuckled, “Even if he does deserve it.”

“So are you his girlfriend then?” Hook gave the Klefki a stupid grin, before receiving a rolled up metal ring in the gut.

“Do whatever you want with the little prick.”


Once Queen returned from wherever she had gone, Valerie and Shadow decided it was time they returned to Canterlot, and to save bits, Queen offered to fly them back instead of taking the train. After heartfelt goodbyes between the Eeveelution and her parents, they were on their way home.

It was at this point Valerie realized that she had just thought about Canterlot as her home. This thought confused her slightly. “I haven’t really had a real home in… five years. I could never think of the lab as a home… But, I guess Canterlot, with Shadow and everyone else is becoming my home.” The Veneon looked out over the landscape below her, watching as the trees and rivers passed by lazily below them. “It’s nice… feeling at home. I hope Freddy settles down and finds a home.

The trio continued flying until sunset. Mostly talking, and playing a few verbal games that Queen’s dad taught her. After a while, Valerie grew bored of the games, already having gone through just about her entire Vocabulary in the last. “Nothing against you Queen, but I wish we had just taken the train. This is just so slow.”

The Altaria chuckled, “Sorry, I wish I could by fast like a Skarmory or a Swellow most days too. If you need to take a break down on the ground to stretch your legs, I see a clearing up ahead with a lake.”

The Poison-Type nodded in gratitude. “Yeah, I need to go to the bathroom too.”

“I’ll be sure to hurry then,” Queen laughed, flapping her wings slightly harder, pushing towards the clearing.

About two minutes later, the Altaria touched down, and the two smaller Pokemon jumped off, Valerie stretching gratefully. “I’ll be back in a minute,” she spoke quickly, before dashing into the nearby bushes.

“She seems nice,” Queen whispered into Shadow’s ear. “How exactly did you two become a thing? You’re very cute together.”

Shadow’s cheeks immediately burned beet red, “Well, we got locked up together by the Canterlot guard, since at first they thought all Pokemon were animals. We got put in a cage together.”

“That’s only how you met,” Queen huffed. “You were always way too nervous around any females you were interested in, I’m just curious to know how you two hooked up is all.”

Shadow’s ears flattened slightly. “Well, I don’t know if she wants me to tell you. It’s sorta personal on her part.”

“Oh,” the Dragon’s expression went from curious and gossiping to worrisome. “It isn’t anything bad is it? I’m sorry for asking.”

“It’s fine, but I probably shouldn’t say anything,” Shadow nodded. “Val may tell you on her own one day, but for now I think she’d prefer to keep it somewhat to herself.”

There was a loud shriek from the bushes, and Shadow immediately dashed in to investigate. Upon reaching Valerie, he discovered, a very startled Valerie, in a defensive stance, glaring down a laughing Mew.

“Sorry about that, I should have planned out my entrance more,” the small Legend giggled. “Hi there Shadow,” she waved to the Umbreon. “I have the ‘cure’ ready for you Valerie, I visited Canterlot first, but couldn’t find you, so I searched around some, and here you are!”

Valerie went from angry to overjoyed in an instant, “Really? You can fix me?”

Mew sighed, “Well, I’m not a fan of the word fix. But yes, I can modify your DNA to allow you to manage your Poison Point ability so you won’t harm others unintentionally. That is if you haven’t changed your mind and want it gone altogether.”

The Poison-Types grin grew even wider. “Yes! Yes! Just… let me stop hurting people.”

Shadow’s heart broke slightly hearing Valerie talk like this, and he had to resist the urge to comfort her right then and there. He knew she should go through with it first.

Mew fidgeted with her hands slightly, obviously thinking something similar, “So, are you ready? It shouldn’t hurt much. And I’d also recommend lying down before we start.”

“I’m ready,” the Poison-Type confirmed, while complying to Mew’s recommendation, “It can’t be worse than the process that made me this way.”

The Legendary nodded, and held up her paws. Her eyes glowed for several minutes, and from what Shadow could tell, nothing happened.

Valerie didn’t really know what the Legend meant when she said it would be painful. So far, it was a rather pleasant experience. It started from her tail, and worked up to the tip of her nose, a slight warmth, which caused her fur to all stand on end. After a few moments, the warmth switched to a tingle, which grew in intensity for some time, until it was replaced with an intense itching sensation throughout her entire body. Even her brain felt itchy. The itch persisted, to the point it was almost painful not to break down and vigorously scratch her entire body, including her insides, and then the feeling was suddenly gone, and she was suddenly hit with a heavy wave of drowsiness.

The Poison-Type opened her eyes slowly, not realizing that she had at one point closed them in the first place. “Is that it?” she inquired.

Mew nodded, “It’s not the most complicated procedure I’ve done. Reversing an evolution can take hours depending on the species.”

Valerie grinned wildly. “So I won’t poison people anymore? It’s almost too hard to believe.”

“Well,” the small Psychic-Type rubbed her shoulder, “You’ll still produce poisons, but only when you get stressed, or in a battle. Your poison will also be slightly weaker now, so it will be less likely to kill if it goes untreated. There could also be some side effects, my most likely prediction being dry skin, since you’ve acclimated to being constantly coated by a light covering of your poison. I would recommend doing daily sparring to keep your skin from getting dry and cracked, just until you can acclimate again to not having it. I’d say about two weeks should be enough time, and in the meantime, expect a decent amount of itching if you don’t.”

A golden head popped out from behind a nearby tree. “Hey, did you guys forget about…oh... is... is that Mew?”

The Cat Pokemon giggled, and help out a paw to the Altaria, who accepted with a talon. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. Sorry we didn’t go get you first.”

“It’s fine,” Queen mumbled with a confused expression. “What’s going on exactly?”

“Valerie has a problem with her poisons, and Mew was helping her,” Shadow explained. “It should act like a regular Poison Point ability from now on.”

“So you mean, she poisons anyone she touches?”

Valerie nodded.

“So then why has she be riding on my back for hours without anyone telling me.”

The Umbreon shrank back at Queen’s glare. “Well… I’ve been using Heal Bell repeatedly to keep her from doing any damage…”

“Sorry,” Valerie’s ears flattened slightly. “I guess I’ve just gotten so used to Shadow handling it for me I forgot that it was a problem.”

The Altaria sighed, “Alright. I can forgive you, but only because Valerie is so cute when she’s sad,” she added with a huff.

“Hey! Over here!” Mew waved her arms around. “I’m not quite done yet. Valerie, your Poison-Point ability, even now, doesn’t function the same as it does with other Pokemon with the ability. Other species have actual spines on their body, thus the name, that are used to inject the poison, however, while you can use the ability the same way, your ability resides mostly in the glands in your skin that coat your skin with a poisonous oil, which means that until you clean yourself you'll be just as poisonous as ever, including after battles.”

Valerie nodded, “I think I understand. Is that all?”

“Pretty much,” Mew confirmed, “I would also recommend not traveling any more tonight, I'm sure you've already noticed how tired you are. Other than that, good luck, and I hope you continue with your good luck streak!” The small legend then flew up into the trees, and disappeared in a flash of light, leaving the trio of mortal Pokemon behind.


BBK stared at the streets in front of her. They had just gotten off the train station in Detrot. She hadn’t heard much about the city prior to their visit, but she hadn’t expected this. “This place is a dump!”

Offered sighed behind her, “I wouldn’t recommend talking like that, especially in this part of town. Detrot used to be a the manufacturing center of Equestria, but their economy took a major dive in the past few decades as businesses started moving their plants elsewhere. We’re in a pretty bad part of town.”

“If this is a bad part of town why’d we get off here instead of the other stop on the other side of town?” Tyler asked, eyeing some of the nearby ponies nervously.

“Because Kayla and the others, according to Hook, are to the South of Detrot, and it makes more sense to get off on the South side,” Kenny explained, before adding, “Idiot.”

“Hey, I’m just saying, maybe it’d be better to get off on the northern platform and going around the bad parts of town instead of getting off in the middle of it,” the Flaaffy objected.

“We might not have that kind of time,” Hook countered. “I heard the ponies that captured us talking about shipping us out somewhere.”

“Let’s just get to the closest police station and tell them what’s going on,” Offered proposed. “I’m sure they’ll be happy to help.”


“We can’t help you.”

“What do you mean you can’t help us,” Offered objected indignantly, “If what he says is true then-”

“Exactly!” The officer interrupted, “If what he says is true. And not only do I not believe him, we don’t have enough ponies on duty to send out on this wild goose chase either way. Those damn Pokemon have been nothing but trouble since the first day they got here. First day, some giant sword shield thing when around terrorizing people, and then busted some sort of Pony Trafficking operation, while simultaneously ruining a load of evidence and breaking so many laws that we can’t charge half of them. We had been watching that operation for months, waiting for the perfect moment to bust em, when he ruined everything, and now we’ve lost all our leads on whoever was in charge of it. So if you have a problem, go find some real evidence, and come back.” The Earth Pony then took a large bite out of his sandwich and went back to filling out paperwork.

Utterly defeated, the mare left the office, and returned to the lobby of the police station, where the rest were waiting. “Well, that was a bust,” she sighed. “They can’t, or won’t help us. They don’t think what Hook has to say is enough for an investigation, since their hooves are already so full.”

“Well this is bullshit,” Kenny yelled as a bit of flame burst from his staff hanging at his side.

“Sir, calm down or I’ll have to either escort you out or arrest you,” the policpony at the desk warned.

The Delphox just grunted and flashed his middle finger, assuming the pony wouldn’t know what it meant anyway since they lacked digits. The officer’s eyes narrowed. “I don’t know what that meant but I can assume from context that it’s offensive. Leave now or I’ll place you and your friends under arrest.”

Kenny almost yelled something in reply to the pony, but Tyler quickly pushed the Fire-Type out of the police station before he did anything rash. Once they were about a block away from the station, Tyler yelled, “Why would you do that? Now they’re probably not gonna help out even if we can find more proof!”

“Because this is fucking bullshit!” The Delphox explained.

“You already said that,” BBK pointed out, “and yelling it at cops won’t help,”

“We need to find where they are, and rescue them, all by ourselves. How is that supposed to work? Huh? There were about thirty starters in Sycamore's lab, plus Pokemon he studied like Kayla! What if some of them are injured or something? We couldn’t move all of them on our own!”

“That’s actually a surprisingly thought out explanation for you, Slim,” Hook laughed, before receiving a strong glare from his ‘little’ brother.

“Well if we needed the cops help, then why did you go and get them mad at us?” Tyler questioned.

“I don’t know! I was just pissed off! They weren’t gonna help us anyway.”

“Well they aren’t-”

“Excuse me, what’s going on?”

The argument was cut short when suddenly a female Meowstic was standing between the two.arguing ‘mon. “What is it the police were refusing to help with?”

Tyler inspected the strange Psychic. She looked fairly normal, she was carrying a Violin and Sax with her, as well as about seven shopping bags full of food, all in her psychic grip. “Supposedly, my friend, Kenny’s, family was captured by some poachers. The only proof we have about this is Kenny’s little brother-”

“Hey I’m not his li-” the Fennekin was silence as Kenny picked him up and wrapped his hand around his muzzle.

“Excuse my asshat for a brother. What Tyler is saying is true. According to my brother and former bane of my existence the rest of the family is being held in some abandoned train station south of here. The tracks around it are all abandoned too, grown over according to him. They’re how he found his way to Detrot.”

“Come to think of it,” BBK interjected, “He never really explained how he found you.”

The smaller Fire-Type’s mouth was released, and after taking a deep breath, he explained, “I just jumped on the top of the first train I found since I was afraid they were following me. It happened to go to Canterlot, and while I was there I recognized your scent and followed it.”

The Meowstic pondered, “Well, I could help you, since this cities useless police force seems more content to put down gang fights and riots than to seek out criminals. And I’m sure part of their animosity if because of the rash actions of my friend, Aphex.”

“Well how do you plan to help?” Kenny grunted.

“I am a member of a group called the Shields of Justice. We are dedicated to helping those in need, most often when the law fails.”

“So basically exactly what we’re looking for?” Offered raised an eyebrow. “That’s a pretty heavy coincidence that we ran into you.”

“Most of our members make a habit of listening in on angry yelling in the middle of the street for problems we can help resolve,” the Meowstic chuckled smugly. “Come on, it’s getting late. I’m staying with some ponies nearby, you can stay with us for the night, and we can go searching for your family in the morning.”


After Mew’s short visit, and Valerie’s sudden cure, the group decided to listen to Mew’s advice and rested for the night. Valerie washed herself as well as she could in the lake, assuring Shadow that her toxins would be diluted by the water enough not to harm local wildlife. Queen apparently knew all about fishing from her mother, even though, as she told them “My mother lived her entire life in the desert, until she decided to travel with Lisia, and I have absolutely no clue how she learned to fish.”

As they ate dinner, and Queen mentioned this, Valerie stopped and thought. “Y’know, I don’t really know anything about you Queen. Tyler mentioned you were his starter, but I don’t know how you ended up with him.”

“Well… as Tyler may have mentioned, my father was a very famous contest star, Ali. He was Master Rank in the Hoenn region. But when he was younger, only in the Super Rank, he met my mother while he was training one day, she was in heat… and one thing led to another. That’s how I was born.

I stayed with Lisia for about six years, mostly just a friend. I didn't compete own any contests with her. Well… I guess I did do one, but it didn't go well.”

“Really?” Shadow tipped his head to the side, “is that what you were so adamantly against us trying a contest when we went through Slateport and ran into your dad?”

Queen dipped her head, “Yeah. I was really upset about the loss still at the time, but I got over it once Tyler got his sixth badge and I realized I had found something else I loved and was good at.”

“So what happened exactly?” Valerie asked, “If you don't mind me asking.”

“I guess I could tell the story, it is how I ended up with Tyler as my trainer. Forgive my cliche, but it all started about a year ago…”


One year earlier

“What do you mean I can't compete in normal rank?” Lisia slammed her hands on the contest registration desk. “One of my Pokemon isn't nearly experienced enough to compete in a master rank.

“Well that's your fault for not training it better,” the bored looking employee responded. “We judge the rank you have to compete in by the trainer not the Pokemon. You can be on master rank or not at all.”

The coordinator groaned in irritation. “Fine, we’ll compete in Master. But this is unfair!”

“Mmhmm. Sure.” The man at the desk replied as he typed information into his computer. “You're signed up for the fifteenth, Master Rank in Slateport.”

“I'll be there!”


The week and a half passed quickly before the contest began. Lisia trained Ali and Sweety together, perfecting their routine. She was sure they'd be ready, even in Master Rank.


“Wait…” Shadow interrupted, “you used to be named Sweety?”

“Don't rub it in.”


The day of the contest came, and the trio competed, full of confidence and hope.

And failed miserably.

“Sweety, please come come down from there. You can't stay up there forever,” Ali begged his daughter.

“No!” The little Swabloo yelled back down.

“Please Sweety. This is all my fault,” Lisia called up into the tree.

“I said no!”

“Hey Lisia!” Another voice came from the nearby contest hall as another girl approached. “What's going on?”

Lisia averted her eyes in embarrassment when she saw who the other girl was. “Hey Kayla. Congrats on the win.”

“Thanks, sorry if Percy was a little rough during the battle portion,” the winning coordinator rubbed the back of her head.

“It's alright. I think Sweety isn’t taking her first loss well is all,” Lisia sighed.

“Ser, Serperior.”

The two girls looked towards the contest hall, from which Kayla’s Serperior, Percy, was arriving.

Shifting his attention from his daughter for a moment, Ali sighed at the arrival of his old rival. “Hey Percy. Good battle. I like that new move of yours.”

“Thanks, was this Sweety’s first contest?” the grass snake asked, “I realized afterwards that it probably was, if I’d known Nero and I could have gone easy on you two.”

“No, it’s fine. It wouldn’t have been a real victory if you hadn’t gone all out,” Ali shook his head.

“Either way, maybe I could have waited til’ my next contest to introduce Energy Whip,” Percy rubbed the back of his head with a vine.

“Is that what you’re calling it?” Ali cocked his head. “How exactly does that move work anyway?”

“It’s pretty simple really, I focus the same energy I’d use for an Energy Ball attack, but into my vines.” The Serperior extended one of his vines and scrunched his face a little, before a green shimmering glow encompassed the appendage. “It also let’s me extend my vines even further than normal, almost twice as long.”

“What is your maximum length now anyway?” Ali asked, “Last I remember it was twenty meters.”

“I’m at thirty meters now, without the aid of the move. It’s about fifty five with the boost from Energy Whip.”

“I’m still not coming down!”

Percy slithered closer to the tree and looked up into the branches, “Wow, I didn’t realize I’d make her this upset. Do you need any help getting her down?”

Ali nodded in embarrassment, “I’m too big to get her down.”

The Serperior nodded and smiled in understanding, “I’ll lend you a vine.” He reached out with his vine, letting it slither up the opposite side of the tree from the Swabloo, until it was at equal level. Sweety was still paying attention to Percy, and didn’t notice the Vine as it suddenly wrapped around her abdomen, holding her in place as Percy sent up his other vine to bring her down from the front side of the tree.

“Let me go! Let me go!” the little Flying-Type screeched in anger as she was handed over to her trainer, who quickly pulled out her Poke-Ball and returned the tantrum thrower.

Lisia sighed heavily and sat down on a nearby bench. “I’m starting to regret not training Sweety much. She’s so behind the rest of the team, and now she just can’t compete in anything since I’m considered to be a much higher level as a trainer than she is a Pokemon. I could train her up more, but I’ve been planning on retiring from being a coordinator soon anyway.”

“Yeah, I’ve been having the same thoughts,” Kayla agreed as she sat down with the other girl. “I’ve been traveling almost eight years, and while I do enjoy contests, I’d love to be an actress back in Unova. There are these beautiful musicals that are performed back in Nimbassa, and I always dreamed of participating as a kid before I became a trainer and started doing contests. Now that I’m master rank in two regions, I think it’d be nice for a change of pace.”

Lisia nodded, “Even if I do retire, I’d feel awful for Sweety. She loves to travel so much, but she’s never really been a major part of the journey. Do you think I could maybe give her to a new trainer as a starter?”

“I think that sounds like a marvelous idea.” An aged man sat on the bench by the two girls, and gave a warm smile.

“Oh, hey Gordon.” Lisia gave a slight wave, her mood still solemn. “You have anyone in mind for that? I wouldn’t want to give my Ali’s darling to just anyone.”

“How about my nephew,” the man offered. “You may have heard this, but I’m planning to retire soon. When I return to my Evergrand, I’m going to take over my nephew’s job at my sisters Pokemart, so he can go on his journey. We had planned to get him one of the standard Hoenn starters, but I think this is a good opportunity.”

Lisia put her hand to her chin in thought. “I… I’ll have to think about it, find out what Ali and Sweety think.”

“Of course,” Gordon nodded, “Here’s my number,” he pulled a business card from his suit pocket, “Call me once you’ve made a decision.”


“And that’s how I got to travel with Tyler.” the Altaria finished. She waited a moment to hear Valerie’s opinion, but found that the Eeveelution had fallen asleep.

“Mew did warn that she’d be tired,” Shadow grinned. “I think she was awake for most of it.”

Author's Note:

Thanks once again to Thadius0 for editing
And even tho he told me not to credit him thanks to serperior for lending me one of his characters for a few chapters.