• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 2,125 Views, 101 Comments

A New World, a New Identity - Snek



Pokémon Trainer, Tyler Watsky, is sent to Equestria by the god of Pokémon himself. Now he’s stuck with a new body, a noble pony, and a man-made Eeveelution. Will he be able to adapt to this new world?

  • ...
8
 101
 2,125

Chapter 9

Author's Note:

Crossover Chapter With ThatOneVolcarona's story: A New World, A New Champion. Enjoy!

Also looking for anyone who wants to make me a cover pic. I can pay in shiny Pokemon.

Several days passed in a blur. Fancypants requested that Valerie and Shadow stay in town for a few days after the arrival of the Pokemon until things were cooled down some more, and told them they’d be free to go meet her relatives after. Valerie thought it fair since he would be paying her to go, and she was still nervous about seeing them after all this time.

They had all begun to receive a “paycheck” although it was more akin to an allowance, so the two had decided to spend it on a night out together.

“Who knew that pony plays were so good!” Shadow and Valerie were now returning home after a play, it had been surprisingly good in Shadows opinion. He had been expecting some girly musical with no real male appeal, but these ponies seemed to have plenty of surprises entertainment wise.

“I told you you’d enjoy it! Just because it looks girly doesn't mean it’s bad! I feel like some stranger watching us really appreciates that statement.”

Shadow shrugged off her odd statement and nodded. “I think that was an excellent choice for a first date. Even if we had trouble getting in.” He then leaned over and nuzzled his companion. “So do you want to do something else, like dinner, or just go home?”

“I dunno, I feel like theres so much more to do tonight, and I want it to last forever! But I am getting pretty tired.”

The Umbreon let out a wide mouthed yawn, “Yeah me too. But that theater food wasn’t all that filling.” He looked down the road, still thick with ponies going about nightly activities. Glancing into a nearby nightclub, loud dubstep music could be heard from the entrance, and a Flaaffy could be seen DJing at the Turntables. He smiled, it was good to see that Pokemon were already starting to settle in and be accepted more. His group had landed it pretty easy at Fancy Manor. Most that had been Pokemon before probably ended up back in the wild, but most former humans wouldn’t have the skills to “rough it.”

He stopped suddenly, “Hey Val, heres someplace we could hang out for a while.”

His date stopped, and looked to where he was standing. It was the donut shop they had gone to on that second day in Equestria. She broke out in a grin, “That would be perfect.”

The two went inside, the bell lightly tinkling as they entered. The same Unicorn as before was at the counter, and unlike most of his kind in Canterlot he was fairly welcoming, not looking down his nose or huffing disdainfully.

The two bought four to share, and went to the table by the window, so they could look out at the passing ponies and their fancy night wear.

The lovebirds looked up when the bell to the shop rang again, and in came a peculiar sight. A Whismur riding atop a dark blue Unicorn, with a shiny Scizor behind her, and a shiny Metagross outside. Valerie squinted at the whismur for a moment, thinking it was rather familiar but shrugged it off and went back to her jelly filled donut, up until it jumped off the Pony’s back and ran up to her, waving and squeaking.

The realization only hit her once the little normal type started signing to her. “Wendy?”

Shadow stopped eating his chocolate glaze and looked down to the strange Whismur. “You know her?”

“Yeah!” She exclaimed excitedly. “She was in the lab with me!”

The Umbreon smiled, “Well it’s nice to meet you Wendy. My name’s Shadow.”

“Uhm.. excuse me.” The blue unicorn interrupted, “Is this your Pokémon? We found the scared little girl outside, causing some mighty chaos.”

“Mine?” Valerie replied. “She isn’t anybodies Pokemon.”

“Oh, is that so? Well, she seems to know you. We’ve been chasing after this little rascal for a while now.” The unicorn chuckled, petting the small creature, “My friend here, Steven, told me that was she does isn’t normal for her species, so we were wondering if you knew what’s going on with her… er, ability?”

Valerie shifted uncomfortably, and looked to the abnormal Normal-Type, who just nodded at her, indicating it was ok to divulge her tender past. “She and I were both victims of a… a mad scientist by the name of Doctor Nurem. He did ‘experiments’ on Pokemon to try and augment us. She was given the ability of another Pokemon called a Jigglypuff, but much more potent. Every time she talks she puts people to sleep, so she has to get by on sign language.” She stopped and glanced down at her half eaten donut.

“So that’s why…” The Scizor interrupted,”One of Nurem’s experiments… damn maniac.”

“You know who he is?” The unicorn asked, looking at the small Whismur who seemed to be rather sad now, at the mention of her former captor.

“One of Earth’s most wanted criminals. Some even call him a myth, some say he doesn’t exist. A maniacal scientist that used to do extreme experiments on Pokémon. He kidnapped Pokémon from the wild, used extreme amounts of chemicals, messed with their D.N.A…. many Pokémon didn’t survive the procedures. Everytime we got reports of one of his labs, we usually just found corpses of his test subjects laying around, not a single trace of him.” The Scizor sighed, and took a soft look at Valerie, “This may be a fragile subject, but if I may, what did he do to you? I can’t recall any Pokémon with your appearance”

Valerie, seeing the shift in mood, handed the Whismur Shadow’s remaining donut. The Umbreon almost protested, but thought better. “I was one of his most successful. His goal was to discover whole new Eeveelutions. He injected me with the contents of a Toxic Orb and force fed me liquefied Rare Candies. I evolved into this, he dubbed me a Veneon, since apparently that’s what I say in Pokespeak.”

“That sounds… horrible” The unicorn sighed.

“New.. types of Eevelutions? That idiot… I deeply apologize for bringing the subject up. And to interrupt your meal.” The Scizor said softly.

“It’s fine, really. I’m glad to see Wendy again. She identifies with me the most out of most of the Pokemon there. We both have to watch ourselves so we don’t inflict our friends with status conditions by accident. I have a very overactive Poison Point ability you see.”

“Hey, thanks for leaving me behind you pricks” A dry voice interrupted from behind the Scizor. A cream, cat-like Pokémon came into scene, his ribbons cleaning the mess on his face, as signs of ink were distributed messily all around his head. “What kind of marker did that annoying brat use? I swear this is harder than what it should be”

“So you’re awake, huh?” The unicorn chuckled, “This is Frederick. Please forgive his attitude, he can be a bit… rude”

Valerie’s eyes widened. Tears slowly creeping into the edges. Shadow was about to ask what was wrong when the Veneon yelled “Freddy!” and then launched herself across the table and tackled the Sylveon in a hug. Completely forgetting about her poison.

“Uhm… can someone get this freak off me? My body is itching like crazy” The Sylveon replied coldly.

Valerie was now sniffing, and on the verge of full on tears, and Shadow was getting up, mad at the strange Sylveon for his blatant insult. Before he could do anything the Poison-Type mumbled “You don’t recognize me. Of course you don’t. Who could.”

“Uhm… forgive me, but do I know you from somewhere? I think I’d recognize a purple cat creature.”

“It’s me, Valerie. Your sister.”

The Sylveon went silent, as a single tear began forming on his eyes, yet his face was of anger, “No, you… can’t. This is a joke, isn’t it? That damn iron asshole went into my brain, didn’t he? HA, very funny guys, you pricks… don’t you… don’t you fucking play with my past!” The Sylveon violently forced Valerie off himself, standing up and glaring at them with a disgruntled look

Valerie was simply shocked. She had finally found her final surviving brother, and he was convinced that a psychic was just playing a trick on him. That was the straw that broke the Camerupts’ back. She now burst into tears. And Shadow jumped down to comfort her, shooting a glare at the Fairy.

Valerie sobbed uncontrollably into her mates shoulder. He just stroked her back, and said nothing. One broken word escaped from her lips, “Freddy…” and then she choked up again.

Something seemed to spark on the Sylveon, whose eyes became full of tears, as he got closer to the crying Poison type, “That voice… those tears… no, it can't be... after all these years.” The Sylveon rushed towards Valerie, and hugged her with force, launching off Shadow, who landed with a thud to the side.

“Lil sis… Valerie. I’m so… sorry. It was all my fault, I had to protect you, and now I just keep hurting you. What... what happened, who did this to you!?” Frederick sobbed, tears running wildly on his body.

“I… It doesn't matter now. He’s gone. We’re together again!”

“Where are the others… are they with you?”

The Poison-Type’s eyes just watered up more, and she sobbed into his shoulder again. After a moment, she whispered, “It was shorter for them.”

“No…” Frederick dropped Valerie, and got away from her, “This… this is all my fault. She told me to take care of you, it was… it was my FUCKING DUTY!” Frederick started moving backwards, searching for the exit, as his now red eyes let out more of the waterfall of tears.

“NO IT WASN’T! IF YOU HAD BEEN THERE YOU WOULD HAVE JUST GOTTEN CAPTURED WITH US!”

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA…. OF HOW I FUCKING FELT WHEN I ARRIVED THERE, AND JUST SAW THOSE DAMN HUMANS TAKE YOU!? I COULD HAVE FOUGHT, I COULD HAVE SAVED YOU, BUT I WAS, AND I WILL ALWAYS BE AN IDIOT, A COWARD!” Frederick rushed for the door, yet his paws started shaking mid way, as his body seemed to lose color, and his eyes closed. The poison had taken effect, and the Sylveon was now laying down in the floor, unconscious.

Shadow quickly dashed forward and used Heal Bell on the unconscious Pokemon, who stood mindless on the floor, his body slowly regaining color.

Valerie just backed up, in shock at how quickly the poison had worked. Usually when not in battle it was much slower. All of the emotions from the moment must have sped it up.

Before she could ponder it further there was a loud crash and a Flareon flew through the window of the shop, his head banged on the table and he then fell into to the ground. Shouts of the word “anarchy” could be heard from outside, and a Raticate and two Rattata came in.

“Grab the False Prophet!”

The Rattatta scampered over to the “false prophet.” It started to rise again, but they quickly used a bite attack on it, fully fainting it.

“You two!” The Scizor exclaimed, “Leave that Flareon alone, at this rate you’ll end up killing it!”

“Butt out, heretic! This is our business!” The Raticate proclaimed in a pretentious voice.

The Bug type extended his wings, while his claws started glowing a soft red, symbolizing an attack, “I said, leave the Flareon alone.”

“Make us, heretic! You shall fall before the mighty might of the Disciples of Helix!”

“You asked for it. Bullet Punch!” As swift as a bullet, the Scizor rushed towards the two Normal types, his glowing pincers delivering punch after punch, sending them both back, and knocking the small Rattata out. “Pickett, get the Flareon, and Frederick out of the way!”

“On it!” The unicorn replied, rushing forwards and grabbing the two seemingly unconscious Eeveelutions, dragging them back on a safe distance.

“You asked for it heathens!” The rat Pokemon’s teeth began to glow a bright white, and he yelled “Super Fang!” before rushing the scizor. Before the attack could land, a black blur jumped in front of him,

“Protect!” The attack bounced off the glowing yellow shield, and the fuzzy brown Pokemon landed on his back, on top of all the broken glass he and his comrades had knocked in. Before he could right himself the Umbreon moved again, “Foul Play!” Shadow grabbed the Raticate, lifted him of the ground, and spun him around until releasing him, letting him fly into the table.

That did it for the invading Pokemon, his eyes now consumed by spirals..

“Maniacal idiots. What were they thinking?” Steven mumbled to himself, looking at the ones present, and seeing that nobody got hurt. “Who were they?”

“The Cult of Helix” The Flareon suddenly stirred, struggling to stand up, bruises all over his body. “Insane bastards, they’ve been following me for a week now. They claim I’m some sort of ‘False Prophet’, their ideologies have lead them to follow me around to ‘bring me to Helix’s justice’ “

“What did you do?” Inquired Valerie.

“I left…” The Flareon sighed, before giving up on the attempts of trying to keep steady, “or rather they kicked me out.... long story.”

“Cult of Helix?” Steven asked, before looking outside at the Metagross that was still out there, watching them from a distance. “I see… well, there’s no point in dealing with them now. We need to heal your wounds, and we also need to check on Frederick. Now it’d be a good time to find a Hotel, Pockets.”

Valerie chimed in again, “If you like you can come stay with us. We’re living with a noble by the name of Fancypants. We’re supposed to be security, and you guys look pretty tough so I’m sure he’d appreciate extra help.

“I have yet to have a pleasant experience with nobility in this world,” The Metagross interrupted, sneaking his head up on the hole in the window, “I will keep my distance. I’ll dedicate myself to scouting the area, and to prevent more cultists from causing more trouble.”

“Oh yeah, Layton messed up the mansion of a Mayor” The unicorn chuckled

“Well then maybe you should stay away, after all, it would be our job to prevent that.” The Umbreon replied, chuckling along with Pockets.

“I appreciate the offer. Although I think it would be too much--”

“Oh quiet Steven, don’t go all humble here. We can stay in the house of a freaking noble. Sides, I’ve heard that Fancypants is a cool guy, so it should be fun.” The Pony interrupted, before looking at the duo, “So yeah, we will gladly accept.”

As the group started moving out to the mansion, Steven picked up the still unconscious Sylveon, and cradled him in his chitinous arms. Valerie staying close as she kept an extra eye on her freshly reunited brother, and she couldn’t help but be reminded of her younger brother.

“Please, please give him an antidote! He’s going to die! Please you have to!”

“Vincent, restrain that... that new Pokemon!”

“She’s right! You can’t just let him die!

“I have to know the effects of the poison Subject 37! Now restrain her so it can properly spread, or else I’ll have to use more of our subjects to test it.”

“NOOOOOO! PLEASE!”

The Veneon flinched at the painful memory, but blinked away her tears and continued onward. No time to reflect on past mistakes, when there was a whole new world of opportunity, to make a new identity.