• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 5,139 Views, 33 Comments

A Really Unexpected Reunion - Killjoy_Writer



Princess Twilight Sparkle, now married to Flash Sentry and living happily with him and two children, was not expecting to see a rather distant family member.

  • ...
20
 33
 5,139

One - A Motherly Reunion With the Past

----A Motherly Reunion With the Past----

As the town of Ponyville slept, a mare crept into the peacefully resting town. Not with the intentions of stealing, but just to adjust to the massive changes. She hasn't been to this quaint town in decades. So she's bound to run into a few surprises. As she slowly walked through the cobblestone streets, a sense of nostalgia crept into her mind. She remembers when the town was being swarmed by Ursas, Scorpios, Lupi, Cerberi, and Hydras. How she saved the town and redeemed her past from her previous title of "monster" to "hero". Hello again, Ponyville. she thought with a smile on her face. The warm evening air blew gently through her lavender mane and along her jet-black coat. When she reached the town square, one thing caught her emerald green eyes. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. This was among the surprises she was going to encounter: the Castle of Friendship. She flew to the large crystalline palace's doors and opened it with her magic.

Her mouth dropped more as she took in the sights of the inside. It was elegant. So elegant that it could give the Canterlot Castle a run for it's money. The moon light beamed through the windows and glistened through the crystal walls, giving it a soft feel. This was entirely new to her. She slowly walked through the hall and noticed something that made her nostalgia elevate as if it were an elevator. On the banners above, she saw it: the cutie mark of her adoptive mother, Twilight Sparkle. She smiled widely. But there was one question in her mind: what happened to let her have such an elegant edifice? She heard hoof-steps behind her and knew that she had to hide. So she willed her body to break down into a soft blue cloud and she hid above one of the banners.

The pony she heard was a guard. His horn was glowing and he was using it to make a beam of light for his patrols. She now wondered: why are there guards in here? Multiple questions arose from that one. But there was one thing she needed to do: ask. So she came down and materialized. The guard jumped as he felt her hoof tap his shoulder. "Excuse me," she began, "What is this building."

"Why, m'lady," he began in his Ponish (British) accent, "This is the Castle of Friendship. Wait, who're you?"

"My name is Nyx." she answered.

"Well Miss Nyx," he continued, "The public library is closed between ten at night and six in the morning."

"I was unaware." she admitted. "Well, do you know where you keep the records? It's been decades since I've been here."

"Right this way, ma'am." he finished as he escorted her down the hall. She took in the view as they walked past the windows. Nostalgia spiked more as she saw Fluttershy's cottage and Sweet Apple Acres. She smiled as memories came back to her in full swing. They walked some more until they reached a descending spiral staircase lit by torches. "Right down there, miss." he concluded as he levitated a key. "Door's probably locked. Here you go." She grabbed the key and nodded.

"Thank you, sir." she smiled.

"Not a problem, ma'am." he saluted then was off.

She descended the staircase and was greeted by a door. She used her magic to inset the key into the keyhole and turned it. The lock clicked, signaling to her that she was free to enter. She opened the door with her magic and walked in. On the other side were a few bookcases filled with scrolls and books. She sighed heavily. "This is going to be a long night." she heaved. With that, she sat at a desk and one-by-one, she read each book and scroll.


The sun came up on a brilliant day in Equestria. Princess Twilight woke up and stretched with a yawn. Beside her was her husband, Flash Sentry, who snores lightly. She giggled as she saw one of his hooves twitch as he snored. With a slight nudge, he snorted and sat straight up. "Wha-! Huh?" he wondered as he blinked. "Oh. Morning."

"Morning." she smiled as she climbed out of the bed. She stretch her aching limbs once again then proceeded to a room beside theirs. With a turn of the knob, she opened the door. Inside, an orange pegasus lay in her bed, sleeping soundly. "Star? Time to get up." she announce a she nudged the body.

"Nooooo......" she groaned. "Too tired...."

"Star. Come on. I thought you were going to help Del with getting the apples again." she continued as she nudged her daughter again.

"Ugghhh......FINE...." Star groaned as she sat up. Twilight stifled a giggle as she saw the unkempt state her mane was in. "Yours doesn't look any better." Starburst pointed out with a smirk.

Twilight looked up and slammed a hoof into her face. That was the one thing she forgot: to brush her mane. Star and Twilight shared a small laugh. "Get fixed up and then wake up your brother." Twilight instructed. "It's his turn to fix breakfast."

"Alright." Star yawned with a stretch. Twilight proceeded through the halls as she held a brush in her magic that tidied her mane. She walked with a smile on her face as the warm sunlight woke her body. Nothing beats a summer day in Ponyville. Nothing. She proceeded down the hall and to the staircase that led to the public records. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she knew something was off. The door was slightly ajar and a candle's light shone through the crack. The door creaked as she nudged it open.

A wave of fear brushed over her as she saw the state of the room. Every scroll and book were open and unrolled and sprawled around the room. But there was one thing she noticed, nothing was burned or stolen. Fear changed into confusion. But she was caught off-guard when the door slammed and the candle went out. Her horn glowed and illuminated a small area around her. "W-Who's there?" she called out in the darkness.

"What do you call someone you haven't seen in a while?" a voice asked.

"A distant friend or relative." she answered as she looked around the room.

"Who has a coat like ravens and eyes like emeralds?" the voice questioned again.

"I-I don't know." she answered as her body shook.

Then she felt hooves cover her eyes and she yelped. Her ears perked as she felt the steady breathing of another pony. "Who has a sweet mother like you?" the pony asked.

Twilight teleported away and ignited the candles in the room. Her eyes widened, her jaw dropped, and a tear streamed down her cheek. The pony smile softly as Twilight's mouth curved upwards. "Hi, mom." Nyx greeted. "Long time."

"Same here." Twilight smiled as she embrace her long-lost step-child.

Author's Note:

Nyx belongs to Pen Stroke.
All others belong to Kilala.
My Little Pony is copyright to Hasbro.
Please do not steal.
All Rights Reserved.


If you haven't already, read Past Sins by Pen Stroke to know more about Twilight's and Nyx's relationship. Trust me. It is sad but at the same time adorable. It's a great read! So I really recommend reading that to know more back story or you'll just be like "WTF?" with everything Nyx related in this fanfiction.


With the reuniting of past "mother and child", there's going to be a lot of catching up to do. But how is Nyx going to react to what has happened over the decades of her absence? Found out more in chapter Two - Catching Up

Until next time!

-TheNightShade

P.S. I'm going to start that copyright thing from now on.