• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 2,220 Views, 9 Comments

Return of a King - Fullmetal_Pony



King Sombra returns retakes the Crystal Empire and captures the main 6 and that's just the begining.

  • ...
9
 9
 2,220

Chapter 1

Twilight, her friends, and Spike were visiting the Crystal Empire. Twilight was there to attend a royal summit between the princesses and other heads of state from neighboring lands. It was mostly just boring politics consisting of land disputes, trade agreements, etc. but Twilight didn’t care. She looked forward to being able to visit her brother and sister-in-law. With the meeting over the dignitaries began to leave. Celestia and Luna had to return to Canterlot as well. But it was getting late and Twilight along with her friends and Spike decided to spend the night and take the morning train, so everypony retired for the evening. But what they didn’t know was that there was a cloaked figure making their way through the streets under the cover of darkness being very careful not to be seen. Once the coast was clear of guards or anypony else that may be out at that time of the night, it made its way toward its target the Crystal Heart, they reached out, grabbed it and ran as fast as they could. Seconds later all the crystal ponies coats dulled, the guards on duty took notice of this immediately and knew something was wrong but it was too late.

A shadow went surging though the streets heading toward the Crystal Palace. The palace doors burst open, the guards eyes widened for there stood King Sombra. He quickly cast a spell to gain control of their minds before they could react, but one guard at the top of the stairs bolted intent on warning the others of his return, Sombra quickly gave chase. The lone guard made it to Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor’s room but all he managed to say was “Princess its-” before being hit by a blast of dark magic. Cadance and Shining woke with a start, they looked around and saw King Sombra standing in the doorway, he fired off a shot and everything went dark.


Cadance was the first to wake, slowly opening her eyes. Once they came into focus she realized they were in the dungeon, in cells that were enchanted to negate magic. Cadance, Shining, and Twilight were in one cell, Twilight’s friends and Spike in the next, and in the third cell was a lone crystal pony mare with a light gray coat and a dark gray mane with a flower for a cutie mark, with two guards in black armor standing at the entrance. From the light coming in through the window she figured it had to be morning or maybe even in the afternoon for all she knew. The others started too wake when they heard a voice. “So you’re awake.” Everypony turned their heads to see King Sombra stroll through the entrance smirking.

“King Sombra….how-” said Cadance.

“Did I survive?” his smirk turning into a smile. “Well the Crystal Heart did do a number on me but I managed to escape before it finished me off.” He turned his attention toward Twilight. “So you must the pony along with your little dragon that thwarted my return to power last time.”

Twilight and Spike were looking nervous, she nodded. “H-How did you get past the Crystal Heart?”

Just then a crystal guard walked in and whispered something into Sombra’s ear. “What timing, send him in.” In walked a crystal pony by the name of Silver Shield, he had a tan coat and mane, with a cutie mark to match the name, head hung low unable to look at the prince and princesses. Shining recognized the pony. He was a crystal guard. He didn’t seem to be under Sombra’s influence and wondered what he had to do with this.

“Silver, I trust our little problem has been taken care of.”

Silver let out a sigh. “Yes it has, I made sure to hide the Crystal Heart were no pony will ever find it.”

“What!?” Shining couldn’t believe that one of his own men would do such a thing. Sombra gave Shining a look but otherwise ignored the outburst, while Silver only looked more ashamed.

“You’re sure?”

“Yes I am. To be honest I probably did too good a job of hiding it.”

“Good.”

“Alright I did what you wanted, now let her go.”

“Very well.” One of the guards opened the cell with the lone mare inside and Silver quickly ran to her as she made her way out of her cell.
“Daisy,” he called out as he made his way to his marefriend. They embraced in a hug. Both had tears in their eyes.

“You-you big idiot why did you do that.”

“I just didn’t want to lose you.”

“So you put the entire kingdom in danger.”

“I-I’m so sorry.”

“How touching. Guards arrest them!”

Silver whirled around and looked at Sombra. “But you said you’d let us go.”

“No I said you two could be reunited and you have. But I can’t just let you go, what with you being the only pony that knows the location of the Heart. You’ve become a liability.”

“But-”

“And put a muzzle on him so he can’t divulge any sensitive information to the others just in case.” The guards moved in, grabbed Silver and held him down while they strapped his muzzle shut. Daisy could only watch as she was forced back into her cell, Silver followed soon after. He tried to protest but all he could do was make grunts and muffled sounds.

“You won’t get away with this!”

Sombra turned his attention toward Cadance and smiled. “Oh I thing I will, with you all as my hostages the other Princesses won’t dare make a move against me, further more even if you cloud escape you lack the one item that can truly defeat me.” Sombra looked back at Silver. “As for you, I’ll have you executed after I’ve taken care of some business first. As for your marefriend I have yet to decide, maybe I’ll publicly execute both of you to remind the other slaves who’s in charge.” Sombra started to leave then stopped and looked back at a certain yellow, pink mane pegasus, who withered under his gaze. “Guards I wish to take the yellow pegasus with me.”

“Yes your majesty.”

“Like hell you will!” said Dash.

“W-w-what do you w-w-want with me?”

“You’ll find out soon enough.”

One of the guards opened the door to her cell and stepped inside. Rainbow Dash immediately charged the guard who then took his spear in both hooves and turned it horizontally and braced himself, they collided. The guard slid back little but otherwise held his ground, Dash grabbed on to the spear and both pushed against each other. Then the guard managed swing Dash around and pin her against the bars of the cell, while another guard leveled his weapon at the other four. Fluttershy couldn’t stand to see her friends in danger and reluctantly made her way out of the cell. The guard pinning Dash smacked her to the ground and she lost her grip on the spear, he made his way out and locked the door behind him. Sombra gestured for Futtershy to follow him which she sheepishly did with one guard following behind her to make sure she didn’t try and run for it. The other two guards resumed their posts at the entrance. All the others could do was watch as Sombra and company left with the door closing behind them.