• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 825 Views, 18 Comments

Less is more - SilverTongueOfCanterlot



I've always found Trixie to be rather impressive, yes her boasts got her in trouble with most crowds but she's a showman, she's only trying to draw their attention but when I find she has an amazing talent no one knows about? I just have to help her

  • ...
14
 18
 825

Rehearsals

Author's Note:

For the first song I came up with the lyrics but the tune they go to is the Davy Jones theme by hanz zimmer (I think that's how you spell his name) from pirates of the Caribbean but only the slow quiet part not the dramatic, awesome, scary part.

The next day was Monday so Trixie and I were in school and for the first time when she sat infront of me during home room, she turned to face me... And smiled.

I smiled back and as we both turned away smiling nervously a few other students took notice. The day went by pretty fast and I'd managed to convince Vice principal Luna to let us borrow the music room for lunch so we could practice. "Ok." I said as I opened up the Piano which Trixie sat ontop of. "I'm just going to warn you I'm a little rusty and so year I can only play one song." I said looking at the sheet music which I had been translated into letters, a rag sat in a bucket of cold water next to me to clean off the letters I had written on the keys when we were done.

"Well that's fine." Trixie said. "I'm very good at adapting, no matter what you play I can guarantee I will do great." I chuckled and turned to my sheet music and slowly began to play familiarising myself with the notes.

After a few minutes I stopped. "Alright I think I'm warmed up enough, do you want to do some vocal exercises before we start?" Trixie shot me a confused look then brushing back her luscious silver hair said.

"You''red kidding right? Remember who your working with."

"I do." I said and. Trixie's confident smirk faded "That's why we're doing this remember? You don't need to keep up the act with me, remember I saw what you're really like last night." Trixie looked down, oh great now I'd depressed her. 'Nice going genius.' I mentally scolded myself. I opened my mouth to speak a few times but couldn't bring myself to say anything! Then finally... as I felt my spine reform. "T-Trixie." I said nervously "I-I didn't... All I meant was."

"It's fine." Trixie said putting her hand on mine which caused me to look to our hands first then back at her confused. "I get it, really." She said smiling at me. "It's just... Hmhmhm old habits die hard I guess." She chuckled.

I smiled.

"Ok then, we'll if you're ready." Trixie nodded and slowly I began to play, starting with a simple song I had learned during the few piano lessons I had from when I was thirteen. I watched as she cleared her throat, then against all odds somehow managed to keep my concentration as I heard her sing.

"Nooooble kniiiight on vaaaaliant steeed, come to take you awaaaaay. Doooo not fear the danger and cooold, for wiiiith you he shall staaaaay." A smile spread across her face and I wondered just where she got these lyrics from, what was her inspiration? "His aaaarmour shiiiines as brilliant as daaay, his shield is forged oof goooold, his siiiilver blade it shiiines like the moon, my heeeero brave and boooold." Her words felt as though they came from her heart, and her voice was soft and sweet.. I temporarily lost focus and hit a wrong note.

She suddenly stopped as did I. "S-sorry." I said. "I got a little distracted."

"I-it's fine." Trixie said. "I'm going to go get a glass of water, you want anything?"

"Um." I took out my wallet and gave her two coins "here get a bottle from the vending machine outside it's cooler, and um just a coke for me." Trixie smiled and nodded before walking out. I waited for her to leave before taking out a scrap of paper from my bag and scribbling down her words, they were so beautiful, so heartfelt.

Who could she possibly have been singing about?

I quickly stuffed the paper back into my bag as Trixie walked over to me with a bottle of water in one hand and a bottle of coke in the other handing me the coke. "Thanks." I said.

"No problem." She replied "oh here." She reached into her pocket and placed some coins on the table next to me. "Your change, so uh anyway up until you missed that note.. H-how'd I do?" She asked becoming noticeably nervous when she asked about herself.

I smiled "amazing, those lyrics were pretty cool too, how'd you come up with them on the spot like that?" The silver haired girl just shrugged and took a sip of her water.

"They just, came to me I guess."

I pondered that for a moment before removing the top on my coke bottle raising it up "well whatever it was, it was fantastic, you were fantastic." I brought my bottle closer to her in a toast "here's to a brilliant partnership."

Trixie giggled then clinked her bottle against mine, we'll not exactly a clink more like the sound of plastic bumping plastic but the word for the action we performed was usually meant for glasses.

A few more hours of practice later I started packing up, placing the papers into my shoulder bag after organising and paper clipping them together. "Alright I think that's enough for today." I said. "You really did sound great today, I think I might need a bit more practice though." This managed to get a chuckle out of Trixie which made me smile.

"Well I better get going, I've got english next." This time it was me who chuckled. "What's so funny?" Trixie asked.

"Sorry." I replied. "It's just, I know what class you have now, we're in the same class. In fact come to think of it, we're in a lot of classes together."

"What?!" Trixie asked surprised.

"Here take a look." I took my student schedular and compared it to hers. "See."

"Oh wow." Trixie said as she saw that indeed our schedular were almost identical except for two distinct differences, on Monday mornings I had science where as Trixie had math and vice versa in the afternoon. and then again on Thursday I had music class and Trixie had art. "Hm, odd I've never seen you, or I don't remember seeing you in these classes."

"Yeah we'll we're in different P.E groups and I normally tend to sit in the back, being up near the front row I'd actually be surprised if you did see me."

"But how come you never tried to talk to me?" She asked.

"Honestly?" I chuckled. "I never was the best at talking to pretty girls." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

Trixie blushed. "Y-you really think I'm... Pretty?" She asked rubbing her arm, her face revealing she felt both flattered and embarrassed, if not just about as nervous as me.

"Well.. Yeah." I admitted. "Especially your hair." Trixie blushed again brushing her hair back and turning her eyes away from me, a small smile on her face.

"Th-thanks." Was all she said before the two of us gathered our things and left for our respective classes.