• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 825 Views, 18 Comments

Less is more - SilverTongueOfCanterlot



I've always found Trixie to be rather impressive, yes her boasts got her in trouble with most crowds but she's a showman, she's only trying to draw their attention but when I find she has an amazing talent no one knows about? I just have to help her

  • ...
14
 18
 825

Pandora's music box

Author's Note:

Ok I had to rewrite this chapter after a glitch made me lose everything I had written so if this chapter seems a bit short, I apologise and I will try to make it up on the next chapter.

Either way I hope you enjoy it guys

Trixie took a deep breath, this was clearly hard for her, I gave a gentle smile to try put her at ease, she returned the smile and began, seeming a bit more relaxed. "I-it started when in was about seven." She explained "About five years before I got accepted to Canterlot High, my mother surprised me one morning with an odd purple box, it had the same pattern as my cap now come to think of it." She looked over at the mannequin wearing her cape and hat with assorted of distant far away gaze as though remembering some old fairy tale from when she was little. "When I opened it, there was this odd little wooden box inside."

"I take it that box would be the music box I saw you fussing over earlier?" I asked.

Trixie nodded. "It was so beautiful, then when I notice the key I asked my mom what it was for, she told me turn it thrice and find out." She giggled "she was always trying to get me to figure stuff out on my own, probably cuz my older sisters always got everything handed to them by dad. Anyway I turned the key and it started playing this beautiful music, I was completely amazed, it sounded so too thing, almost like a lullaby."

"Like the one you were singing earlier?" She nodded again.

"Then she hugged me tightly." She closed her eyes hugging herself as she pictured the tender moment in her head. "Stroked my hair and started to sing... The song was so beautiful I, I guess I fell asleep, cuz I woke up a few hours later to find the music box up on my dresser with a note attached." Trixie smiled looking up at me "I won't bore you with what it said but, it made me want to be a singer, so the next day I applied for one of those TV talent shows, I was so excited... Then i got up on stage." She suddenly frowned "the audience was way bigger then I'd imagined, I mean I was just a little kid at the time so it sort of made the audience seem even bigger. And with all of them staring at me we'll.. I just... Choked."

She looked down Solemnly, I put a hand on her shoulder to try comfort her. "I messed up a few notes, then because I'd forgotten to tie my shoes I tripped and landed flat on my face, the audience laughed and the judges all agreed I was the worst they'd ever seen."

"And.. That's why you don't like to perform infront of other people?" Trixie shook her head.

"No... That was just the start." She took another deep breath "a few years later after my twelfth birthday, I applied to be on another show, this one was live this time and with a much larger audience, I had grown a little more use to large crowds by this time, I did rather well infact.. Then my voice cracked on stage and I messed up on the high note at the end... I was so embarrassed, the judge said I sounded like a broken squeaky toy." Trixie's face collided with her heads again "I was so humiliated, I ran off stage crying."

I sat there for a moment completely speechless, I knew this attention grabbing Great tend Powerful stuff was just an act... But I never realised she was this... Fragile. "You ok?" I asked, Trixie nodded.

"Then.. When I was thirteen.. I got a gig filling in for a friend of mine when her backup singer got a cold... I was so excited and nervous, when the curtain opened I.... Ugh." Trixie facepalmed again. "I passed out at the start of the show."

There was an awkward silence as I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. If there was anything I could say, my brain was fop having trouble comming up with it.

"Anyway ever since then I've just given up, I only sing when I'm alone because I'm terrified if I sing infront of other people they'll just laugh at me, or I'll get nervous and mess up again. I transferred here two years later and I pay my rent by selling herbal remedies made using ingredients I get from a market across town, that and whatever I can scrap up doing my shows and washing laundry for the other people in the lot, not all of them like walking half a block to use the laundromat.. It's kind of depressing." As she looked down I gently placed a hand on her shoulder and used the other to tilt her head up by the chin to look me in the eyes.

"Trixie Lulamoon." I said. "You are the most amazing, and talented performer I know and I'll be damned if I let you squander this talent of yours." Trixie blushed slightly a small smile appearing on her face. "So starting tomorrow you and I are going to help you get over your fears and show the world just how great you are."