• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 1,213 Views, 21 Comments

Equestria vs Discord - Epicdiscord214



Discord's in court now for a crime that crosses the line. The only problem is... he didn't really do it.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,213

A Time of Peace

Equestria was covered in chaos. The buildings were floating upside-down. Fish were swimming in midair. The clouds were made of cotton candy. And the orchestrator sat on his throne controlling the whole scene. He was a draconequus, a spirit of chaos that looks like the mixture of a bunch of animals. His name was Discord and his mischief was limitless. After his reign went for too long, the royal princess sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, confronted the spirit.

"Oh, this is so much fun." Discord chuckled excitedly. He held up a light-rainbow tail out of nowhere. "How about a game of 'Pin the Tail on the Pony'?"

Princess Celestia recognized it as her tail and saw it missing at her backside. She grew mad and approached closer to the draconequus.

"Playtime is over for you, Discord." Celestia declared.

"Oh, I doubt that." Discord said holding a bag full of black seeds. Whatever he didn't eat, he'd throw to the ground. He pointed the bag to the princesses. "Hungry?" The two sisters ignored the seeds thrown at their faces and kept watching Discord sternly. "Suit yourselves."

While Discord kept playing with the seeds, Celestia opened the bag at her side and pulled out six colorful gems. Discord was curious as he dropped his bag and his seeds scattered all over the ground.

"Ooh. What have you got there?"

"The Elements of Harmony." Celestia replied.

"With them, we shall defeat you!" Luna declared.

The Elements of Harmony began circling the two sisters and began to glow. Discord only laughed.

"Oh, you should see yourselves right now! The look on your faces; so intense, so sure of yourselves. Hahaha! HILARIOUS!"

Discord cracked up so hard, he couldn't see the rainbow blasting out of the Elements of Harmony and covered his body. Suddenly, his skin turned into stone. He was petrified during the middle of his laugh. As soon as he became a statue, all of Equestria had been instantly restored to its natural state and peace had come for Equestria.


"That is your objective!" the dark figure in the shadows said. He presented Discord's defeat to a hooded girl. The draconequus' downfall was revealed in a cloud of smoke coming from a bonfire. "Find Discord and bring him here!"

"Given the state he's in, Red Eye," the girl said, "I don't think he'll be easy to move."

"Let me explain," Red Eye said, "You see, a thousand years later, Discord escaped and attempted to resume his anarchic domination without the meddling of the Elements of Harmony. However, six ponies got through his obstacles and turned him back to stone."

"I don't see your point." the girl said.

"You didn't let me finish." Red Eye said. "A year later, Discord was then released by the same ponies in exchange for no more of his mischief. And the worst part is, he actually agreed to it and meant it. He actually believes that the ponies are his friends. I need you to go to him and refresh his love for his sins, whatever the cost. Only then will he join us."

"Equestria, huh?" the girl said. "No problem. I'll get the job done."


Discord had been the cause of several events after his reformation. It was revealed that the black seeds he planted in the past were meant to weaken the Tree of Harmony, the birthplace of the Elements, and render them useless. The Mane 6 had to give them up to stop the chaos.

Some time later, Discord came to the Mane 6 claiming to be sick of the Blue Flu. He went to Princess Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadence to make him feel better by bringing him a flower from the edge of Equestria. It was later revealed that Discord was faking being sick just to test Twilight's friendship to him.

Another mistake Discord made was when he made an alliance to the evil Tirek. Discord was meant to arrest him, but instead, he gave in to his words of evil and helped him grow stronger. But Discord wasn't prepared for when Tirek would betray him when he outgrew his usefulness. Realizing his mistake, Discord gave Princess Twilight Sparkle a gift that was the last piece she needed to defeat Tirek. Discord was forgiven and Twilight was given her own castle.

Two weeks after the battle with Tirek, everyone in Ponyville prepares for a celebration for their peace. To celebrate, everyone starts to build a festival and invites everyone in Equestria. Spike was in charge of the details of the Festival of Peace.

"All right, every pony!" Spike declared. "The Festival starts in two weeks, so let's start building!"

As the ponies started with the preparations, they sang to their work.

"What a fabulous time

It's a happy sign

Nothing can possibly go wrong

Oh, the sun is glowing

As soon as we're knowing

Nothing can possibly go wrong

As long as nothing goes amiss

It can't get better than this

As it's said in this song

Nothing can possibly go wrong"

The Mane 6 arrive to start helping to build.

"Hey, Spike." Twilight said.

"Hi." Spike replied. "Good thing you came! I got some roles I've been saving just for you. Pinkie Pie, you're obviously in charge of the party supplies. Rainbow Dash, you beta-test all the rides. Fluttershy, you can start keeping a petting zoo. Applejack, you cater. Rarity, you're with me at the kissing booth."

"What?" Rarity asked.

"Uh, I mean..." Spike said nervously, "Decorations! You're in charge of preparing the decorations. And Twilight, we'll need you to host the events we're planning."

And with that, the Mane 6 started with their work.

"Get the balloons and streamers," Pinkie Pie sang,

"Where are the ice-creamers"

"Nothing can possibly go wrong," Rainbow Dash sang.

"As long as every detail," Rarity sang

"Goes without a fail

Nothing can possibly go wrong"

"Get ready the banquet," Applejack sang,

"Every meal set

Let's hope their stomachs are strong"

"Nothing can possibly go wrong," everyone sang.

"Facing peril these past years," Twilight Sparkle sang,

"Now, they've disappeared

Absolutely no threat

Nothing now but relax

Sit down and brass tax

And never fret

AND TO THE WORLD, I'LL SHOW

THAT THERE WILL BE NO

DANGER AT AAAAAAAAAAAALL"

Spike continued walking through the area. Then, he felt two taps on his shoulder. He looked and yelped when he saw Discord standing over him.

"Oh no! No, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

"What?" Discord asked. "Spike, I'm only here to watch the show."

"Your definition of help is different from mine." Spike said.

"I didn't say I was going to help." Discord said. "After the whole Tirek fiasco, Princess Celestia made it very clear that I should know when I'm needed and when I'm not. So, until you say that you need me, I shall be seen, but not heard.

"I'll just stay at this spot

Don't do anything, no matter what

So that nothing can go wrong

I can't honestly blame them

I don't want to shame them

So nothing must go wrong

'Keep your magic to yourself

Until we need your help

Stay right where you belong'

Now, nothing can possibly go wrong"

"Well... I suppose that'll work," Spike said, "But no monkey business."

"So I should probably put this back?" Discord asked holding a banana.

Spike rolled his eyes and continued going through.

"Nightmares, chaos, deception, fear," Fluttershy sang,

"Pride, greed, and power

We've fought every threat to friendship

And now, the final victory is ours"

"EQUESTRIA IS FINE," everyone sang,

"THE SUN SHINES

TO EVERYOOOOOOOOOOOOONE"

"The festival is in two weeks," Spike sang

"And I'm going to show responsibility

So I'm going to detect all of the tweaks

And fix them with the best of my ability"

"Soon, we'll enjoy the sound of..." everyone sang

"The Festival of Peace

THE FESTIVAL OF PEEEEEEAAAAAACE

BETTER GET A MOVE ON

GET YOUR GROOVE ON

NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG

DO NOT IGNORE THE FACT

WE CAN POSSIBLY SEE THAT

NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG

WHEN THE FESTIVAL STARTS

WE'LL BE RACING OUR HEARTS

AND IT WILL BE THAT WAY ALL DAY LOOOOOOOOONG

NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO..."

"This can't actually go..." Fluttershy sang.

"IT WILL PERFECTLY GO," the Cutie Mark Crusaders sang,

"WITHOUT ABOUT TO ACTUALLY GO..."

"NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO..." everyone sang

"WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WROOOOOOOOOONG"

From behind a tavern, a hooded pony peeked to the crowd. She looked and saw Discord sitting and watching the ponies passing by. The ponies were getting uneasy around him.

"So he still believes that he belongs with the ponies." the pony said. "We'll have to fix that." She looked and found a support beam holding up bleachers. She extended her hoof and had a ghastly echo in her whisper. "Akala, etur, werlnuas." Suddenly, a small bit of the support beam disappeared. The pony exited the tavern and removed her hood.

The earth pony had gold-yellow hair with some faint, silver streaks up and down. Her body was completely yellow and she had a red flower as a Cutie Mark. Her eyes sparkled with a golden twinkle. She chuckled and marched across the festival.

Author's Note:

This story is a sequel to my Power Ponies stories. It won't take place in the Power Pony universe, but there will be some involvement. The pony here at the end is an original character. Her name is Golden Eyes and she plays a big role here in the story.

The song here has the same tune as the opening song from Swan Princess 3, "It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This". I hold no property over the song.