• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 1,213 Views, 21 Comments

Equestria vs Discord - Epicdiscord214



Discord's in court now for a crime that crosses the line. The only problem is... he didn't really do it.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,213

Accusations

Spike and Twilight arrived at the main audience bleachers and observed them.

"Perfect!" Spike said. "Just as I thought it'd look."

"Uh, Spike," Twilight said nervously, "Are you sure it's safe? I mean, it doesn't look sturdy."

"Relax, Twilight," Spike said. He jumped up to the stands and climbed to the top seats. "See? Solid as a rock. And to prove it..." Spike began tap dancing and jumping on the stands. Twilight giggled at the sight of it.

Then, Twilight looked and saw that the stands have slightly started to tip over. She looked and saw a gap in the stand legs. Spike took a big jump and when he landed, the impact shook the stands and it started to topple over.

"SPIKE!" Twilight shouted. She pulled out her wings and flew towards Spike. She caught him right before the bleachers fell to the ground. It broke into pieces and there was a large pile of broken wood.

"Glad that didn't happen when the real audience showed up." Spike said. "What happened?"

"I saw a support beam." Twilight said. "There was a large piece of it missing."

"How is that possible?" Spike asked. "Wouldn't the construction guys see that some wood was missing?"

"TWILIGHT!"

The rest of the Mane 6 appeared and they were slightly out of breath.

"The fake lances we were supposed to use for the jousting were real!" Rainbow Dash said. "Glad I stopped the demonstration before any accidents happened."

"My streamers were found wet and the cotton candy had anchovies!" Pinkie Pie said. "Who wants cotton candy with anchovies?!"

"All my decor have been stained with soda and grape juice!" Rarity said.

"Instead of rabbits and rams at the petting zoo, I found rabid wolverines and wild rhinos!" Fluttershy said.

"All my family's food has gone missing!" Applejack said. "We left the room for only 10 minutes, and when we got back, we've been picked clean with an I.O.U. note!"

"Looks like it's not just us." Twilight said. "Someone's trying to sabotage the fair. But who?"

"Let's put our thinking caps on." Pinkie Pie pulled out a white, pointy hat and placed it on her head. She then sat in a Thinker pose. "Hmm."

"Broken bleachers..." Spike said.

"Stolen food..." Applejack said.

"Real lances..." Rainbow Dash said.

"Wild animals..." Fluttershy said.

"Defacing art..." Rarity said.

"And cotton candy with anchovy toppings." Pinkie Pie finished.

All of a sudden, everyone got the same idea. They grew angry and shouted from the top of their lungs...

"DISCOOOOOOOOORD!"

All of a sudden, Discord appeared in a flash of light.

"Ay, ay, ay!" Discord shouted. "There's no need to shout! What do you want already?"

"How could you do this, Discord?!" Twilight asked angrily. "How?!"

Discord stayed silent for a moment before he spoke. "Is this a trick question? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You've been messing up the fair!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"What?" Discord asked arcing an eyebrow. "No, I didn't."

"Don't play dumb with us, Discord!" Applejack said.

"Who said I'm playing?" Discord asked.

"Look around, Discord!" Rarity shouted. "You've been sabotaging all our hard work!"

The argument was drawing up a crowd. Discord looked and saw how everyone starting whispering to each other and giving him angry glares.

"Okay, okay, okay!" Discord shouted. "You ponies are accusing me of something I swore not to do! Look, Princess Twilight, why don't we take this to Princess Celestia? We'll get this misunderstanding straightened out then."

"All right." Twilight said. "Come on, everyone."

The Mane 6 and Discord walked away. Watching them, the golden pony watched and pulled out a devilish smirk.


"Look, everyone," Discord said before the Mane 6 and the princesses in the throne room, "I swear, I didn't go anywhere near those events. I wasn't even at the fair during the time."

"Yes, you were!" Spike said. "I saw you there! We talked."

"Right, but after that, I grew bored." Discord said. "I couldn't stand staying in one place for so long, but I also knew I promised not to cause trouble. So I went on a stroll through the Everfree Forest. That's where I found this." He pulled out something.

"A little, metal, hollow ball with a hole?" Twilight said observing the item. "You're telling me that your alibi rests on a piece of garbage?"

"Well, when you put it that way, it sounds kind of dumb." Discord said putting the ball away. "Come on, I sensed a tiny amount of darkness in that thing."

"It's the Everfree Forest!" Applejack said. "It's full of darkness!"

"Come on, ladies." Discord said. "It's me? I know I did some bad stuff in the past, but I did some good things to. Twilight, who gave you Tirek's amulet? I did. Fluttershy, who gave you a good dinner party for your friends? I did. Pinkie Pie, who created chocolate rain that you love? I did. Applejack, who thawed your family's land? I did. Rarity, who helped you see a diamond? I did. Rainbow Dash, who threatened to destroy Cloudsdale? I did. Oh, yeah. I guess that was a bad thing."

"Discord, none of this proves anything." Princess Celestia said. "Do you deny that you've been using your powers for your own humor even when it could've brought harm to others?"

"Completely!" Discord replied.

"Of course, he'd deny it."

Everyone looked and saw the golden pony at the doorway. There was a parrot resting on her back.

"It's official," Discord said, "Shining Armor will let anyone in here!"

"Who, might I ask, are you?" Rarity asked.

"You can call me Golden Eyes. This bird is Lok."

"LOK!" the bird squaked.

"Aaawwww." Fluttershy exclaimed. She pulled out a square cracker. "Is little Lok hungry?"

Lok tried to shake his head no, but Fluttershy placed the cracker in his beak. Lok had no choice but to eat it. Golden Eyes just laughed.

"I bet this little pegasus has such a way with dumb animals." Lok looked at Golden Eyes angrily

"HEY," Discord shouted, "I'm one of those dumb animals! Wait, that didn't come out right."

"Oh, well." Golden Eyes said. "Back to business."

"What do you mean it'd be obvious for Discord to deny the accusations?" Luna asked.

"The guilty always do." Golden Eyes explained.

"I'm not guilty." Discord stated.

"That's what you'd say when you're guilty." Golden Eyes said.

"And what if I'm not guilty."

"You're always guilty."

"Am not!"

"The always guilty says what."

"What?" Discord widened his eyes at what he just said. He then palmed his forehead. "Can't believe I fell for that old gag."

"Case in point," Golden Eyes continued, "Discord is obviously beyond the point of reformation. He hasn't changed from his evil ways."

"Don't be ridiculous." Fluttershy said. "I personally counseled Discord's reformation myself."

"You called him a friend." Golden Eyes stated. "By that logic, giving King Sombra a bundle of flowers would convince him to let the Crystal Ponies go."

"Look, if you all need to see that I've changed, I can show you." Discord said. "Princesses, pull out the Uniscope."

The princesses then grew nervous. They opened a hidden compartment in front of the thrones and revealed an orb as black as the night sky with stars on it.

"Uh, Twi, what is that?" Applejack asked.

"The Uniscope!" Twilight gasped. "I've heard about it, but I thought it was a myth! It's a powerful artifact that can show the past, present, and future. Whatever you want to see, it can show you."

"Indeed." Princess Celestia said. "It's how we found the Tree of Harmony the first time. It's also how we knew when Discord had to be released to be reformed."

"Hold the phone." Rainbow Dash shouted. "You mean you had that thing all this time and you didn't use it to help us? You could've used that to find out where Discord hid the Elements of Harmony or find the Crystal Heart or even locate Tirek!"

"It's not how it works." Princess Luna said. "The Uniscope is so powerful, it is a living, thinking object. It will only answer if our request is pure and there's no other way."

"And that's just the kind of request I'm making." Discord said. He swiped the Uniscope and peered into it. "Okay, Uniscope, I want you to work your abracadabra. Show them the real reason why their attractions fell apart."

He held the Uniscope in the air and awaited for its work. But something went wrong: it didn't work. It didn't show anything but its usual stars.

"Uh, hey, Uni," Discord said, "This is no time for dramatic effect. Show something."

When the Uniscope didn't show anything still, Princess Celestia took it back.

"Obviously, he has no self-control." Golden Eyes said. "An obvious sign of his criminal actions."

"But wait," Fluttershy said, "What if Discord really didn't have anything to do with what happened at the fair?

"He was responsible for the Plunderseeds, didn't he?" Golden Eyes asked. "And, if memory serves, he turned over a bunch of ponies to Tirek. Plus, he nearly fed two princesses to that giant worm monster at the edge of Equestria."

"Hey, that was different!" Discord shouted. "I was merely trying to test Twilight's friendship. I had no idea that giant bug was going to be there."

"So you claim." Golden Eyes said. "And due to the chaotic acts at the Festival of Peace, Discord's actions can't be looked the other way. He must be punished!"

"Good luck with that." Discord said. "I can get out of any imprisonment, especially with the Elements of Harmony out of the picture. And since I'm immortal, execution is out of the question. And that leaves..." He widened his eyes and got worried. "Exile."

Author's Note:

The parrot, Lok, is an original character also. The Uniscope is also a story element of my own creation. It will return near the end of the story during a critical event.