• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 1,213 Views, 21 Comments

Equestria vs Discord - Epicdiscord214



Discord's in court now for a crime that crosses the line. The only problem is... he didn't really do it.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,213

Day 3

The next day, Discord was first to be called to the witness stand by Golden Eyes. Meanwhile, Spike was reading the latest issue of the Power Ponies comic.

"Discord, a year ago do you recall several black vines from the Everfree Forest that kidnapped Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?"

"Yes, I do." Discord answered.

"Would you care to tell everyone what happened?" Golden Eyes asked.

"Sure thing." Discord said. "It was all because of some special seeds. They drained the magic from the Tree of Harmony and caused the Everfree Forest to run amok."

"And how did the Plunderseeds get into the dirt in the first place?"

"Um... I planted them."

The ponies in the crowd began to talk among themselves.

"Wait! Wait! You don't understand! I planted them right before I first became stone years ago. That was long before I was reformed."

"How long did it take for you to tell your 'friends' that you made the mess?" Golden Eyes asked.

"...After they fixed it."

"And what were you doing during the growth of the Everfree Forest? Did you even help?"

"I... Not really. I was sunbathing and sharpening my claw with Gummy?

"I KNEW IT!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"YOU KNEW NOTHING!" Discord shouted back.

"Your honor, this proves that not only Discord refuses to confess his crimes," Golden Eyes said, "But he also abused his powers by relaxing himself. That will be all for now."

When she turned, Golden Eyes was confused when she saw Derpy Hooves gnawing at the stand. "Don't you find the justice system fascinating?"

"I'm surprised you know how to breathe." Golden Eyes groaned.

"Princess Twilight, would you like to cross-examine the witness?" Iron Will asked.

"Indeed, your honor." Twilight said. "Discord, I happen to believe that you did help stop the disaster. Do you remember your conversation with me during the search for the Tree of Harmony?"

"You mean when you were moping around thinking your own safety was more important than finding the Tree?" Discord asked. "Sure."

"Ladies and gentlecolts of the jury," Twilight said, "I was willing to give up while my friends searched for the Tree. Then, Discord took me on a guilt trip that eventually led me to go in after my friends. If Discord hadn't convinced me to return to the Everfree Forest, we wouldn't have all the Elements of Harmony returned and saved Equestria. Do you think so, Discord?"

"Now that you mention it... you're right." Discord said. "I did help!"

Twilight ended her questions and Discord returned to his seat.

"Does the prosecutor have one last witness before we wrap up this session for the day?" Iron Will asked.

"Actually, I do." Golden Eyes said. "I call Princess Twilight Sparkle to the stand."

Confused, Twilight got up and got into the witness seat.

"Princess," Golden Eyes said, "Do you really think Discord caused more good than harm? How do you know Discord didn't cause the Everfree Forest to grow on purpose?"

"I'm sorry," Twilight said. "I don't understand."

"Well, the Plunderseeds never bothered Equestria for hundreds of years," Golden Eyes explained, "And yet, a few weeks after you 'reformed' Discord, the Tree of Harmony conveniently lost its magic and submitted to them. It only makes sense that Discord drained the Tree of Harmony from its magic so that you could get rid of the Elements of Harmony. That might also be the same reason he sent you back into the Everfree Forest."

"Objection!" Fluttershy said. "That's only a claim."

"A fair claim." Golden Eyes said. "Princess, how do explain how the seeds just did that?"

"I... can't. Discord?"

"I don't know." Discord said. "It would take a unique form of magic to remove that much strength from the Tree."

"Exactly." Golden Eyes said. "That will be all, your honor."

"Very well." Iron Will said. "Iron Will declares another recess."

At that moment, Fluttershy watched Golden Eyes grin. Fluttershy then got suspicious and began to rub her chin.


Later that night, almost all the Mane 6 and Discord were pacing around the throne room.

"I'll give it to this to Golden Eyes," Rarity said, "She knows how to turn an argument around."

"I know what to do." Discord said. "Just say the word and I'll turn her into a toad."

"Discord, no!" Twilight said. "We're trying to prove your innocence, not make it worse. I promised I wouldn't misuse your powers."

"Did you get that promise in writing?" Discord asked.

"I just have one question," Rainbow Dash said, "How did the Tree of Harmony lose its magic in the first place?"

Suddenly, the door opened and Fluttershy ran inside all tired out. "AAAHHH!"

"Fluttershy, what's wrong?" Spike asked. "Did you break something?"

"AAAHHH!"

"Is it your leg?" Applejack asked.

"AAAHHH!"

"Is it your wing?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"AAAHHH!"

"Is it your mane?" Discord asked.

"AAAHHH!"

"Oh, for goodness sake," Twilight said, "Fluttershy, what's wrong?"

"Okay." Fluttershy breathed in and out. "You would not believe what I just learned. I had a suspicion on Golden Eyes so I followed her in a cave...


I looked inside and didn't see her, but I also saw that the cave could go on for a while. I found her bag and looked inside. I saw a bunch of jewels and a book. I opened up the book and found a strange language written. I couldn't read it at all.

Suddenly, I overheard footsteps, so I put the book back and hid behind a rock. I peeked and saw Golden Eyes talking to Rover, Spot, and Fido. They were working together.

"My fellow dogs and I are getting impatient, Ms. Eyes." Rover said. "Where are the gems you promised us?"

"I'll get it." Lok spoke. That's right. He can speak like anyone else. He opened the bag and the Diamond Dogs were amazed by how beautiful the treasure was. Suddenly, Golden Eyes closed the bag.

"Not yet." Golden Eyes said. "All you have to do to earn this is to not call Discord innocent. Convince the rest of the jury to do the same. As soon as the case is settled, you'll have to earn these gems."

"Maybe, but we have loose lips." Rover said. "We might let slip that not only did you ruin the Festival of Peace, but you were also the one who stripped the Tree of Harmony of its magic, brought the worm monster to the edge of Equestria, and convinced Tirek to recruit Discord."

"Actually, I brought the worm." Lok said.

"Those were all necessary." Golden Eyes said. "And you will keep your traps shut if you know what's good for you! I have to keep up with this deception.

"I'm the mistress of masquerade

The lady in charge of this charade

And no one in the worlds could have this trick made

I'm an innocent-looking mare

You wouldn't even care

Without even wondering how I came out of thin air

The ponies have all been played

By the mistress of masquerade

Without me, you dogs have been hurt

Living in your economic problems

But now that I'm here, you'll be out of the dirt

Soon, you'll be rolling in gems

Who weaved this web of lies

No one else but Golden Eyes

And boy, are they all in for an unpleasant surprise

You don't want to cross my trade

As the mistress of masquerade

To you, I may look like an angel

But it's only skin deep. Inside, I'm something

You never thought that my whole charisma

Was an act to rival a Changeling's"

"That's all understood." Rover said, "But could you explain what we have to do again?"

"You influence the rest of the jurors

To just look at Discord's errors

And then, Discord's guilty verdict will finally occur

So Discord, your goodness ends

You'll soon regret making friends

You could've stayed bad, but guess what

IT'S TOO LATE FOR AMENDS

DISCORD'S CHANCES WILL FADE

AND NO ONE WILL COME TO HIS AID

THE SET-UP'S ALREADY LAAAAIIIIIIID

I'M THE MISTRESS OF MASQUERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE"

I ran out of the cave without anyone noticing me just so I could tell you.


"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Discord shouted. "Golden Eyes did all that stuff, and now, she's framing me! When I get my paw and claw on her..."

"Discord, you can't." Twilight said. "We can't just tell the court. It'll be our word against her's."

"But I really, really want to." Discord said.

"Honestly, Discord," Twilight groaned, "Sometimes, you're just out of control."

"If only we had Pandora's Box," Spike said, "Then that can end."

Everyone turned their eyes to Spike.

"WHAAAAT?!" Applejack asked.

"It's in this month's issue of Power Ponies." Spike said holding up an open comic book. The Power Ponies were fighting familiar-looking characters with a stone box. "In the comic book, there was an evil spirit called Anar D who could only be controlled by his sister's magic box. In an earlier issue, Anar D became good and decided to right his wrongs by facing the dark demon, Arcanus, and his henchgirls, the Siren Sisters."

"Hang on." Fluttershy said looking at the book. "This Anar D looks like Discord."

"And Arcanus reminds me of Tirek." Rainbow Dash said.

"And the Siren Sisters has a strong resemblance to the Dazzlings." Twilight said.

"And that stone box reminds me of that box I found." Discord said.

"What box you found?" Spike asked.

"This one." Discord held up a box that looks exactly like the one in the comic book. "I found it nearly buried in the dirt and I thought it might be a nifty accessory."

"That's weird." Twilight said. "But that's not the issue here. We've got to prove Discord innocent and Golden Eyes guilty."

Discord looked at the box in his hand and stroke his beard. "Hmm."

Author's Note:

Now, the Mane 6 know who the real criminal is. The question is, how are they going to prove it?

The song here is based off the song "Creature de la Nuit" from American Tale: Mystery of the Night Monster. I have no claim for that song either.