• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,104 Views, 67 Comments

You are the Music in Me - Mallory S Nocturne



(Title subject to change. Also found in Fanfiction) Sonata Dusk, a siren and a member of The Dazzlings, was abandoned by her fellow sirens and now she is alone. But, when a boy founds her by the alleyway, he invites her to his house. Summary isn't at

  • ...
8
 67
 3,104

Finding the Rainbooms

After getting ready, and planning a few things, we head over to CHS. It was still a Sunday, so not many students will be there, thus making our spying easier. Actually, now that I thought about it, they were in a band after all, so they might be in the Music room.

We were at the front of the school and saw that there were only a handful of cars parked, so we weren't alone. The school was mostly unlocked because of the club students, so we walked in.

A bit of chit-chat echoed down the halls, but no type of musical instruments of the sort were played. I turned and looked at Sonata, who was glancing around, slightly worried. I took her hand and I squeezed it gently.
"Don't worry. I won't let the girls get you if they see you." I said. She seemed to relax at this, but I could still see her worries. Walking down the hall, we passed by a couple of students, either giving me or Sonata strange glances, but none of them were extreme.

As we passed the library, I noticed from the corner of my eye soft, pink hair. It was Fluttershy!

We ran to the library and tried to talk to Fluttershy. When she turned around, she gasped and ran away before I could even ask questions. We tried to follow her, but she managed to get away with the help of her bike.

"Do you think that girl will tell the others about me?" Sonata asked.

"No doubt about that. But if you would think about it, what can they do to you? Sing at you? You don't have any magic left right? So, I don't think you're in danger." She chuckled.

"Yeah, I think you're right. I still wish I could sing, though." She said, frowning a bit. I also frowned a bit at this.

"... You really didn't know what you had 'till you lost it, huh?" I said. Her silence and her longing and guilty expression told me enough. I gave her a hug and whispered in her ear.

"Don't worry. We'll get you your voice back." I said, pulling myself out of the hug. "But you have to promise me not to use it for evil, okay?" She nodded.

"Right, now let's go eat at Sugarcube Corner." I said. Suddenly, we both heard a pair of growling stomachs. Both of us blushed in embarrassment.

"Looks like we'll change that one into a more heavy lunch, don't you think?"

We then approached Sugarcube Corner, and surprisingly, the Rainbooms were there. We were surprised that the girls we were looking for was in here. And it seemed that they were all surprised as well. Fluttershy was behind Rarity, maybe scared of Sonata, perhaps? Anyway, Rarity and Sunset Shimmer looked at us with wide eyes, Applejack was looking at us, trying to see what will we do, and Rainbow Dash was glaring at us.

I ignored them for a second to buy me and Sonata's lunch, which were half a dozen cupcake. For our drinks, I asked for a milkshake while Sonata asked for a strawberry milkshake. And when we got our order, Pinkie decided to hit me with questions like a minigun.

"Whyisthisgirlwithyou?Didyouknowthatshe'sasiren?Issheusinghermindpowerstocontrolyou?Orareyoufollowingherordersbecauseyouwantto?Doesthatmeanyouhaveacrushonher?Ordoessdhelikeyou? ' ?Isthatwhyyouturnedhimintoamind-controlledzombie?Wait,what'sthatsmell?Ohno,itsmycupcakes! 'tgoanywhere." And with that, she ran inside. I quickly grabbed Sonata and our food and took off.

"HEY! I WASN'T FINISHED TALKING TO YOU!" Pinkie screamed as she goes out of the store

We finished our lunch and properly disposed our trash, we went home and decided to practice on Sonata's voice, only to find a very special surprise.

"Ok, let's try this one more time. I know that you can do this." I said. "You just need to believe in yourself." Sonata was tired, but she tried one last time. She inhaled deeply and what came out of her mouth surprised me and her.

"Aahh, aahh, ahh, ahh~"

She stopped singing and her eyes widened, as well as mine. We both looked at each other for a while until tears started to come out of her eyes.

"I can sing again." Sonata whispered. "I can sing again!" She exclaimed as she smiled widely and gave me a bear-hug, lifting and spun me around until I got dizzy. When she stopped spinning me, she then kissed me. And it wasn't on the cheek. No, it was a full-on kiss on the lips.

I think I'll quote on Ingrid Bergman on this one.

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous"

And I never knew it was so lovely.

Author's Note:

Yeah... sorry for the short chapter... I'll try to make it up for you guys after the next two weeks... since next week will be my finals and my parents won't let me use the computer for the week... And on that bombshell, G'night. :pinkiehappy: