• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,104 Views, 67 Comments

You are the Music in Me - Mallory S Nocturne



(Title subject to change. Also found in Fanfiction) Sonata Dusk, a siren and a member of The Dazzlings, was abandoned by her fellow sirens and now she is alone. But, when a boy founds her by the alleyway, he invites her to his house. Summary isn't at

  • ...
8
 67
 3,104

Breakfast at Casper's

I was floating... Floating in a never-ending abyss of darkness.

Then, just as I opened my eyes, green mist started to appear out of nowhere. Then, three figures started approaching. Noises then came from one of the figures. And from the noises came pitch, pitch became tone, and the tone became music.

That music... I think it was the most beautiful music I've heard. But... Something isn't right. This music... Makes me feel furious about something... But what?

The two figures then started to go with the first figure. Then, I saw plenty of people around me arguing and the green mist below us starts to thicken. The smoke then started to move towards the three figures and absorbed by three gems on each figure. Then, out of the three figures came the loudest screech I've ever heard.

It was so loud, that I had to cover my ears, but to no avail as the sound continued to invade my ear. I knelt, praying to stop the dreadful noise that keeps pounding in my ears. Then, I saw a faint light and a swish from a blade, as well as two voices screaming. There was silence for a while. I looked up and saw that I was on a hill. On top of that hill, were two figures. The one was the figure from before, a girl with a long pony tail that reaches her waist, and a boy who was holding a white sword. I couldn't see both their faces because of the sun behind them. Both of them were looking at each other. They started to close the gap between them and as they were an inch , the sun brightly shined behind them, blinding me and waking me up to the new day ahead of me.

I woke up, feeling the rays of the sun shining brightly on my face. I tried to get up, only to find out that something heavy from my chest down is holding me down. I looked at my chest and saw Sonata sleeping peacefully.

Wait... Why is she here? Memories from last night came crashing down on me. That's right, I let her sleep with me... On... My... Bed.

"I SLEPT ON THE BED WITH HER?!" I thought to myself as I started to mentally scold myself.

"Idiot! Why in the seven seals of the apocalypse did you let yourself in this place?! Your mother taught you better than this, you stupid fu-" Oh, she's waking up.

She yawned as she opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Good Morning." She said, snapping me out of my stupor.

"Good morning." I returned. "Can you please get from me so I can make breakfast?"

She then realized the place she was in and quickly got off me.

"Sorry." She said with a slight blush as she rubbed the back of her neck. I have to admit, she's cute when she blushes.

I sat on the bed, opened my drawer, and took out some clothes. It was a sleeveless, white shirt and a pair of trousers. I then took off my shirt, when I suddenly remembered that Sonata was still here. I looked at her and she was looking at me, more preferably, by toned chest. Apparently, she started to blush as she realized that i caught her looking at me.

"Sonata, would you please wait downstairs while I change?" I asked. She nodded and left, closing the door on the way out.

I sighed. Today was a weekend and I was very happy that it is, due to the pressure in school and the late-night studies I had to pull out every night. After taking a bath and changing to my new clothes, I went downstairs to see Sonata is holding the TV remote and curiously looking at it. She then decided to press a button and it happened to be the On button, turning on the TV and showing a cartoon show that appears every 8:30. She tilted her head and continued to watch as Jerry outwitted Tom once more. I then approached her and tapped her shoulder.

"Hey, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

"Tacos." She said.

"Are you sure? We don't have the necessary ingredients for it." I said. She hung her head and looked at me with a pout. I managed not to fall for that and got an idea.

"But, I think I know what will be the next best thing." I said.

I unlocked my phone and attached my earphones as I went to the kitchen and played "Brazil- The Office" just for gags.

I started to grease the frying pan and placed it on an open stove. While the oil gets heated, I then cracked a few eggs into beat them into a bowl and wiped each side of bread and placed it in the pan, cooking the egg. After a few minutes, I flipped the cooking bread to let the egg on the other side cook. Finally, after making sure both sides of the bread had cooked eggs, I turned off the stove.

Basically, if you don't know yet, it's french toast. My style.

"Sonata, Breakfast is ready." I called her. But when she didn't, I started to find her still hypnotized by the television, which was now watching "My Little Puppies". I was never a fan of the show, but I tend to watch it for the sake of wasting spending time properly.

I then shook Sonata, snapping her out of her self-hypnosis.

"Ghuh? What?" She said looking around and spotting me. "Oh, hey Cass, what's for breakfast?" She asked.

"Um... French Toast." I said as I walked back to the kitchen. "It's ready, if you're going to ask."

She then followed me as I served the bread on a plate and placed it on the table.

"Careful, it's still hot." I said. After a few seconds, I took a piece of bread and began to eat it. Sonata did the same and she made a small sound of delight.

"This is good." She said with her mouth full.

"Sonata, please don't talk with your mouth full." I said after swallowing. She only nodded as she took another piece of bread.

I then noticed that she was still wearing the clothes she had yesterday.

"Hey, Sonata." I said, causing her to look at me.

"Do you have any spare clothes?" I asked. She was about to speak up when she remembered what I said to her. She swallowed and spoke up.

"Yeah, but Adagio threw them away. She said it attracted too much attention and she forced me to wear this sweater. I don't like it, it itches too much." She said as she scratches her arms.

"Ok then." I said as I stood up and started to go upstairs. "I'll change my clothes first, then we're going out." I said.

"For what?" She asked.

"You'll see." I said, adding a wink to her and the two of us hit the road.

Author's Note:

Yay! Update!... Ok, I'll try to update this every week at different days, so keep watching :derpytongue2: