• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,096 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie's Sweet Tooth - Atreyu



Pinkie Pie travels through the Mirror Portal...But she doesn't return alone.

  • ...
5
 30
 2,096

Invitation

The touching scene was shattered by Rarity’s window doing the very same.
Fluttershy flinched and let out a microscopic squeal of fright.
“My window!” Rarity cried in horror.
“I brought you a letter!” sung a familiar voice from outside, flying off busily to continue her blitzkrieg mail route.

“Ooh” Rarity whined angrily. “That derpy mare! What will we do with her?” she huffed to nopony as she trotted over to collect the pouch of letters.
She was levitating it over to place on her desk when she noticed that, among the letters, were some that had the Royal Seal stamped upon them! She quickly brought the pouch back across to herself. Upon opening and inspecting the contents, Rarity tilted her face slightly, raising an eyebrow, and a hoof to her chin.

“What is it, Rarity?” Fluttershy had already started over to Rarity “...Is it about the Princess’ Lunular Reunion Celebration?” she asked with shy curiosity.
Sweet Tooth rolled his eyes and retired to the sofa to drink and let the two ponies fuss over their ‘Royal tea-party’.
“Oh—umm” Rarity looked over one of the Royal letters in befuddlement. “Yes, it is dear. But...” she hesitated.
Fluttershy’s curiosity turned to mild concern, “But what?”
“Well...” Rarity lowered her voice to a whisper, Fluttershy leaned in close. “I don’t want to over-step the mark. But, there is a letter here addressed to Sweet Tooth from the Princesses and... well” --in an instant, Rarity combed her mind again for any plausible reason the princesses would be addressing a written letter to Sweet Tooth. And again, she had only one plausible conclusion --“Well, I think it might be...an invitation to the Celebration?”
Fluttershy pulled back in a reflexive fit of jubilation “You mean Sweet Tooth’s invited!?” she asked, just a little bit louder than she intended.
Across the room, Sweet Tooth spit out his mouthful of bourbon, his flaming head somehow causing it to have a flame-thrower effect, “What!?”
“D’oh” Fluttershy winched. “Me and my big mouth” she scolded herself quietly.
Rarity smiled awkwardly to Sweet Tooth and forced a laugh...that fooled no-one.
***

Sweet Tooth stretched the parchment invitation out in front of him, hoping he could find some fine print hidden in the corners to say this was a joke, “What does a...lunelar...looney reu—loo—la—whatever the hell this says even mean!?” he slapped the sheet.
“Sweet Tooth, darling!” Rarity reeled in shock at Sweet Tooth’s lack of knowledge on historic Royal Equestrian holidays. “The Lunular Reunion Celebration is a key annual event! Even those who live under rocks know about it” she stated.
“It is the anniversary of Princess Luna’s return from her banishment on the Moon” Fluttershy elaborated.

“It’s a special day to us as well” Rarity placed a friendly foreleg around Fluttershy. They pressed their sides together and nuzzled cheeks in a warm display of companionship.
Fluttershy smiled delicately at Sweet Tooth, “It marks the anniversary of our friendship. And discovery of the Elements of Harmony.”
“Then why I am getting dragged into this!?” Sweet Tooth inquired tactlessly, throwing his hands into the air.

The two ponies looked at each other. That was a very good question: Why is he being invited?

“Well...” Rarity started forward “...Maybe—the Princess is— impressed by your progresses since arriving here and now she wants to...see you again” she rambled as confidently as she could. “Right, Fluttershy!?”

Fluttershy was never very good at improvising under a spotlight, “Oh! Well, umm, I—uh, maybe...she—yes?” she recoiled, tucking her face behind her front hooves, blushing with a sheepish smile.

Sweet Tooth dragged his palm down his face with a groan.

“Well, it doesn’t really matter, does it?” Rarity reprieved. “If the Princesses want you at their --quite prestigious party, then I can’t see the harm in: ‘stopping by’...right?” she charmed, sidling up beside Sweet Tooth, head tilted, nudging his hip, eyes fluttering.
“Besides, everypony who’s anypony will be there!” she added nonchalantly.
Sweet Tooth stepped away to face her, immune to her charms “Everypony?” he repeated, folding his arms with a raised eyebrow.
Rarity tried not to let her confusion show “...Why, of course!”
“So, I’m guessing that will include –‘Little Miss know-it-all’!” he snapped.
Rarity smiled uncomfortably, tugging on the collar of her invisible shirt. She glanced to Fluttershy for support. Of course, they both knew exactly who he meant.
“Don’t worry about her, dearie...uh” Rarity assured. “After all--you might not even see her!”
Sweet Tooth's stony scepticism remained untouched.

“I’m sure she’ll come around” Fluttershy looked up to Sweet Tooth, placing a tender hoof to his leg. “You’ve made a real change! And if she needs help believing your testament: Pinkie Pie, Rarity and I are happy to back you up” she reassured him confidently.
“She’s right!” Rarity asserted. “We’re your friends now. And a friend loves at all times, a sister is born for times of adversity!” Rarity proudly stamped a hoof to the ground.

Sweet Tooth looked at the two ponies, with their puppy dog eyes.
“Alright, I’ll go” he slumped, conceding with a sigh.

The two ponies smiled cheerfully, eyes closed sweetly in glee.
Rarity suddenly jumped to her hind legs with a gasp “Ideeeeeaaaaa!” she sung. “We need to get you fitted for an outfit!” she declared with euphoria.

Sweet Tooth had never felt more threatened in his life.

Author's Note:

:yay: <( Since her return from her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and talks like June-eh-eh-eh-eeeh!)
No. Lunular is not found in a dictionary. But it should be.