• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,096 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie's Sweet Tooth - Atreyu



Pinkie Pie travels through the Mirror Portal...But she doesn't return alone.

  • ...
5
 30
 2,096

Pins & Needles

Rarity levitated an assortment of fabrics, cloths, and other textile materials as she hummed a tune to herself, merrily buzzing about her boutique. She placed the sewing kit she had been carrying in her mouth down on her workbench by her sketches and lowered the textiles down neatly beside the bench as well.
Just moments earlier, inspiration had burst through her front door and swept her off her feet.

“Oh, Rarity, I dare say, you’ve outdone yourself, once again!” she complimented herself, turning her head in dignified pride before breaking her refined demeanour--springing to her hind legs and let out a giggling spurt of uncontainable zest.

She set about her work--her art: her years of experience evident through her laser-beam attention to detail, sizing and measuring selections of textiles to a series of mannequins. She continued to cut the textiles to the appropriate proportions and assorted shapes with: precision, poise--proficiency. Her meticulous eye for detail, rivalled, only by the ease at which she breezed through the exacting process.
Her cat, Opalessence, pompously wandered over to sticky-beak at what her owner seemed to think was more important that paying attention to her.
“Oh, Opal, these dresses will be simply smashing at the Princesses' Lunular Reunion Anniversary celebration!” Rarity proclaimed, making a few editions to her initial sketches.
Rarity turned to her sewing machine-- there was a knock on the door. Her head pricked up, “Who could that be?” she thought curiously to herself.

She opened the door and greeted the visitor: “Welcome to Carousel Boutique! Where every piece is: chìc, unique and magnifique!--”
Rarity was bewildered by who was on the other side of the doorframe.

“Hello, Rarity!”

“Oh--" Rarity lifted a hoof to her face, she couldn't believe who stood before her.
***


"What are you doing here, Twilight? I thought you would be in Canterlot to help oversee the preparation for the anniversary celebration” Rarity inquired.
“Things...” Twilight Sparkle gazed upward sheepishly, lost for words for a moment “...sorted themselves out much quicker than we first thought they would” she rolled her eyes with a smile and rubbed her neck awkwardly.
Rarity detected that there was a tale behind that under-statement.

Twilight blushed, “So, I thought I might just stop by and see if you’d had any luck with your recent 'creator’s block' ”
“Well, please, do come in and make yourself at home, darling!” Rarity invited as she turned to resume her work. “Please, excuse the mess; I’ve received a revelation!” she explained triumphantly, levitating her preliminary sketches over for Twilight to inspect.
Twilight took telekinetic control of the sketches. She brought them closer and studied them in awe at her friend’s remarkable vision. “Wow, Rarity! These are dazzling!”
“Why, thank-you, dear!" Rarity placed her hoof to her chest with light-hearted prestige, "They are sure to be among the halls of my greatest works!” she declared before turning back to her textiles and sewing machine.

As Rarity set to work, she suddenly realised that some critical material was missing from its usual spot. She felt a stab of panic! “Where is the gold silk!? Pull-ease tell me I have golden silk!” she began throwing herself around the room, frantically searching everywhere. Upturning every loose item, digging through every drawer and cabinet. She suddenly lifted her head in realisation, “Sweetie Belle” she growled.
She inhaled...
...exhaled, and then turned with grace to her curious friend, “Twilight, darling?”
“Yes, Rarity?”
“I hate to be a bother, but could you perhaps be a dear and check upstairs for my golden silk? I’m fairly sure SWEETIE BELLE has miss-placed it. It’s more than likely still in her room.”
“Certainly” Twilight chimed, happy to help a friend. She made her way upstairs.


“I swear, that Sweetie Belle will be the death of me” Rarity muttered to herself.
She began levitating the miscellaneous items of the boutique, that she had tossed into a whirlwind in her search for her gold silk, back to their proper places.
Her tidying was interrupted by yet another knock at the door.
She wondered if she’d ever get her deigns started.

“Welcome to Carousel Boutique! Where every piece is: chìc, unique and magnifique--”

“Hi!” Pinkie exploded, bounding through the door into Rarity’s boutique.
“Pinkie Pie?” Rarity stood with warm-hearted surprise. She couldn’t help but let out a small grin at her friend’s effervescence “To what do I owe this lovely surprise visit?”
Her question was quickly answered.
Sweet Tooth, following shortly behind Pinkie Pie, lowered himself through the door, seeping into the pristine boutique like a bloodstain.
The rolls of fabrics and textiles Rarity was levitating all crashed to the ground. She froze with terror as her mind raced back to the only memory she had with the gargantuan monster.
***

The room was locked in a vice. Sweet Tooth didn’t know what to say and Rarity was simply mortified. The grotesque—thing that had attempted to kill her just days ago was in her home!
Time had slammed to a grinding halt. Pinkie Pie realised that this was going just as badly as Sweet Tooth had predicted. She attempted to mediate for the two. “Rarity, this is Sweet Tooth. Sweet Tooth, this is Rarity” she chirped. “I know that you two got off on the wrong hoof. But, Sweet Tooth has changed!”
Pinkie Pie’s testament was met with crippling silence.
From the stillness, Rarity could only shake her head in a combination of fear and disbelief. Her eyes darted between Pinkie Pie and Sweet Tooth.
What is Pinkie Pie thinking!? Surly she knew who this is! How did she bring him here!? What did he have planned!? Changed? Did he say that!? What does that mean!? --How can I get out of this alive!? Can I get out of this alive!?
She started breaking down into stammering “...Pinkie...wha-whe--wha--why—how-wh-... I can’t—I don’t--”

Pinkie Pie realised that Rarity had not recovered from her near death experience quite as rapidly as she had.

Pinkie’s bubbly nature simmered to a more sensitive demeanour as she drew close to her distressed friend. “I told him... about our childhood” she informed Rarity softly.
Heart still pounding, Rarity broke her terror-griped gaze from Sweet Tooth. Her eyes met with Pinkie’s.
“Please, Rarity? He says that he wants to change, and I believe him. Just give him a chance.”
Rarity remembered how she had asked a young Pinkie Pie to “just give me a chance”.
Hesitantly, she placed a hoof forward, looking to Pinkie for reassurance as she stepped towards Sweet Tooth.

Sweet Tooth slowly crouched to one knee in an attempt to extend a warm greeting to the still petrified unicorn, “Rarity.”
Rarity summoned her strength to compose herself. “...Sw-Sweet Tooth.”

Unfortunately, In spite of all their efforts, the scene was still on its way out of its awkward bog when it was shot down by a sudden and unexpected interruption.

“You not going to believe where I found the golden silk!” cheered Twilight, reaching the base of the stairs.
Silence met her.
She opened her eyes to find: a dumbfounded Pinkie Pie, stunned Rarity and the still kneeling villain all staring back at her.
“What are you doing here!?” Twilight demanded throwing herself between Sweet Tooth and Rarity. She lowered her head and was poised to charge.
“Look, I don’t have a beef with you. I just—” Sweet Tooth began impatiently.
“Came to ‘finish the job’!?” Twilight interjected.
“Wait!” Pinkie Pie jumped into the air and zoomed across to Twilight in wide-eyed haste. “You don’t understand! Sweet Tooth has changed!”
“Oh, has he now?” Twilight spat sceptically, not breaking her laser-locked stare with Sweet Tooth.
“Yeah!” Even with her 6th sense, Pinkie Pie failed to detect Twilight’s obvious disbelief. “He came here to apologise to Rarity! Not to cut her up into pieces!”
Twilight looked to Pinkie condescendingly “I’m sure that’s exactly what he wants you to think” she countered sweetly.
She snapped back to Sweet Tooth before elaborating “...He tricks you into lowering your guard—then he strikes!” she finished angrily with a stomp and a sweep of her front hoof.
Sweet Tooth was back on his by feet now, he jabbed a finger towards Twilight “You don’t know what you’re talking about! You’ve got it all wrong” he explained, exasperated by Twilight’s incredible interjection.
“Oh, I don’t think I do!” Twilight retaliated venomously “I’ve done my homework on you.”
Sweet Tooth leaned back slightly. Twilight realised she had hit a nerve on the behemoth.

“That’s right. You can’t fool me: You’re a monster! A cretin! Not just inflicting--but... delighting in the suffering and death of the helpless. You may have deceived my friends, but you’re mind-games are no match for me! I don’t know what you’re trying to pull in coming here. But let me tell you something--right now: if you think you can lure my friends into your-- den of death, then so help me... I’ll make sure Celestia sends you on a one-way trip to the sun!” she returned Sweet Tooth’s burning glare with her a glare of her own. “For a scumbag like you, banishment to the sun wouldn’t be punishment enough."
Sweet Tooth chuckled devilishly “Alright: No more Mr. Nice Guy” he advanced towards Twilight.
He may not have his: machete or his truck or his weapons, but he didn't need them. He knew other ways of getting his message across.

Twilight fired a large bolt of magic at him, the otherwise powerful bolt, failed to knock the titanic man over but sent him skidding back across the room as he absorbed the shot. Pinkie Pie reached a hoof out absently to Sweet Tooth, Rarity looked on in shock.
The vapour settled. Throughout the blast, Sweet Tooth hadn’t even broken his death stare with Twilight.

“I think you’d better leave” Twilight threatened.
Sweet Tooth was internally combusting with frustration, infuriated at what his attempts to clean up his life had yielded.
“What do you think I’ve been trying to do!?” he exploded defensively.
The door slammed shut. Twilight flared her nostrils with a huff before turning to face her friends. She let out a sigh “That takes care of him, right girls?”

"..."