• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,097 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie's Sweet Tooth - Atreyu



Pinkie Pie travels through the Mirror Portal...But she doesn't return alone.

  • ...
5
 30
 2,097

Monsters & Mares

Twilight and her friends stood wide-eyed and mouths agape starring in disbelief at the unknown and frankly quite grotesque figure that lay beside their friend. Celestia, beside her star pupil, looked upon the scene with a more eloquent, yet nonetheless concerned, demeanour. She didn’t know quite what to make of the mess that lay before her, but she had a feeling it was not good.

Twilight was the first to break the silence; her voice echoing slightly in the large hollow room “I don’t get it Princess. Why are they unconscious? I’ve teleported myself and friends around before without losing consciousness.”

“Yeah, because that’s the most nonsensical thing about this picture!” Rainbow Dash quipped.

“This isn’t exactly teleportation, Twilight. I’ve performed an: inter-dimensional extraction” Celestia noticed Twilight struggling to comprehend the term. “It’s a much more powerful form of teleportation” she elaborated. “ To put the science in laymare’s terms: we’ve dis-assembled their particles and re-assembled them here” she concluded. Twilight nodded several times as she processed the information.

“Well, I can pretend that made enough sense. But, who, or what ‘in the hay is...that thing?” Applejack asked Celestia.

“And just- what is it wearing!?” burst Rarity, more mortified at the monster’s choice of clothes than the monster itself “Polka dots!? And leather straps--What is this!? The Rocky Horror Picture Show!?”

Celestia took a moment to extract memory into words and words into sense: “I must confess, I’m not quite sure. But from my studies I understand it appears to be ...” she paused for a moment unsure of weather the term matched the subject “...a human. But--”

The previously dormant heap began to stir, causing everyone in the room to take a startled half step back.
Pinkie Pie shot up like a firework as she regained her consciousness.

“Ice Cream!?” she inquired, expectantly, looking from side to side to no-one and everyone.
“Pinkie!” Fluttershy tackled Pinkie Pie with a glomp of relief, “You’re ok!”

“What happened, sugarcube!?” Applejack asked urgently.

“Who is this guy!?” demanded Rainbow Dash.

“Him? OH, he’s my new friend!" Pinkie shrugged proudly. "His name is Sweet Tooth and he drives an Ice Cream truck! Pinkie nudged Rainbow with an elbow with all the pride of a bride to be. "I bumped into him after I went through the portal. I went into his truck to find some ice cream.” Pinkie linked shoulders with the still unconscious heap, “Now, we’re best buds!”

Twilight blinked rapidly before shaking her head, “Pinkie, are you sure you’re feeling all right? Do you need to take a lie down?”

“An ice cream truck?” Rainbow Dash repeated sceptically.

Pinkie rushed up to Rainbow making sure they were nose to nose “It’s true, it’s true! He even said he was going to make me some ice cream. But... then- everything went weird and tingly..." she looked in confusion before quickly pressing her face back to Rainbow's "--and then I woke up here... and now I’m talking to you” she added with a grin.

Before anyone could say anything else, Rarity let out a yelp.

The group jumped and let out a gasp as they turned to find Sweet Tooth holding Rarity hostage. With all eyes on Pinkie Pie, the group didn’t even notice Sweet Tooth pick himself up, take hold of his machete and take Rarity as a bargaining chip.
Rarity was in a state of shock, the cold steel against her skin, sent a cold sweat down her face and onto the blade.

“That’s quite a story, you’re telling there, pal. Mind if I finish it for you?” Sweet Tooth said with nothing but menace.

Everyone was stunned, speechless, on baited breath.

“Now, let me tell you how this story ends” Sweet Tooth threatened. “One of you is responsible for zapping me out of my truck and into here. And one of you is going put me right back, right now. Or else, this one bleeds!”
Rarity let out a shriek. The rest of the ponies looked on with horror. Celestia stepped forward, slowly, being careful not to agitate the maniacal clown,
“We will help you. But hurting Rarity will not help anyone. Let Rarity go and put the machete down” she reasoned with a cool yet firm tone.

“Is that right?” Sweet Tooth retorted with bitter condescendence. “Well then" he looked back to the machete, "consider this: pre-emptive motivation!”

“No!” Rarity screamed, flailing hopelessly.

“Shut up and bleed, you mothe—”

The moment Celestia had realised Sweet Tooth was not surrendering peacefully, she shot a bolt of magic that struck and disintegrated the machete. Rarity, now free, bolted with tears in her eyes back over to the side of the room her friends were on, where they met her with open arms.
Celestia stepped between her huddled subjects and Sweet Tooth, wings outstretched in a display of supremacy.
“That is enough” she declared. A stern expression accentuating her statement.

“That’s a neat trick you got there, cupcake" Sweet Tooth glared at the Princess --his contempt transparently-veiled "...Wanna see if I can match it!” he threatened.

“No.” Celestia replied flatly. Her furrowed frown gave way to a more diplomatic composure, “Please, enough games. Let us help you.”

Sweet Tooth didn’t reply.

“Yes, I brought you here; but unintentionally" Celestia conceded to the disgruntled foreigner. "You see, one of my subjects, Pinkie Pie, wandered off into your dimension, through the portal that you see beside you” Celestia explained, gesturing across the room to the portal.

“There... Now, was that so hard?” Sweet Tooth patronised as he stepped towards the portal.

Celestia almost winched, “I’m afraid it’s not that simple.”

Sweet Tooth froze in mid-stride and twisted his head like a rusted crane to face Celestia, “It had better be” he hissed.

“The portal works on a lunar calendar" Celestia explained "It will not open until the cycle harmonises with the other end on the full moon” .
“You mean to tell me: I’m stuck here for 30 days!?” Sweet Tooth exploded.
Celestia nodded with regret for her unintended detainee.
***

Sweet Tooth rubbed his sinuses-- as much as one can wearing a mask-- and let out an exasperated groan, “Perfect.”

“Believe me, we want you gone as much as you do!” Twilight spat as she stepped forward from the now recovered huddle of ponies.
Celestia shot her an unimpressed look.
“You think I’m taking that from a 3” excuse for a horse!?” Sweet Tooth fired back.
“Hey! Now, just because y’all are having a bad day doesn't mean ya can go lettin’ off steam—an-and threatin’ the lives a’my friends, y’hear!?” Applejack protested, uniting with Twilight.
“Well, do you or any of your little pony friends have the back-bone to actually tell me how I got here in the first place!?” Sweet Tooth retorted.
“Princess Celestia teleported—er, inter-dimensionally extracted, Pinkie Pie?” Twilight looked to her teacher for confirmation on her wording.
A nod, ushered her on with her explanation, “back from --whatever dimension she was in when she met you... However, why you came with her has me flummoxed.”

Whether from stunned bewilderment or pure irritation, Sweet Tooth didn’t reply.

“Were you in contact with Pinkie at the point of extraction?” Celestia asked.
“Yes.” Sweet Tooth answered simply, with an un-missably diabolical undertone.
“That explains it!” Celestia said as understanding dawned on her, and soon after, on Twilight as well.

“Of course!” Twilight chimed “Just like normal teleportation, he must have gotten mixed up because he was in contact with Pinkie at the point of extraction!” She chuffed in conclusion, trotting in place over her new-found understanding.

Sweet Tooth was fuming. He clenched his hands on his head and knelt down before finally exploding up and throwing his arms down as he looked to the sky and let out a roar of frustration.
The ponies had, understandably, become savvy to his explosive tendencies. This time they did not cower, but instead, stood their ground bracing themselves for any cruel tricks he had planned.

But much to their surprise, Sweet Tooth did nothing more than let out a deep, half-angry, half-defeated sigh.
“Just forget it—and forget you! I’ll just sit here and wait.” He conceded angrily and dropped himself to the floor with his legs crossed, arms folded and back turned.

The ponies decided it would be safest to take him up on his offer and clear out before he changed his mind.
They were turning to leave when they realised, someone was missing from the head count.

“Uhhm, Mr. Sweet Tooth?”

The gang were flabbergasted to see that Fluttershy had simply crossed the room and was now within arm’s reach of a trans-dimensional monster that, not even half an hour ago, tried to kill one them! Twilight started forward to collect her friend and speak some sense into her, but was stopped by Celestia’s outstretched wing.
Fluttershy consoled Sweet Tooth compassionately, “I know that you aren't happy to be away from home. And I want to apologise on behalf of all of us for getting you into this mess in the first place.”
Sweet Tooth turned his head and looked at her and then returned to his pouting position.
Fluttershy smiled in understanding, “It’s ok if you don’t feel like talking about things now. But if you ever do, you’re always welcome at my cottage by the Everfree Forest.”
Fluttershy’s friend’s jaws dropped even lower to the ground.

As Fluttershy floated herself back to rejoin the rest of the group, Celestia smiled at Fluttershy with her famous:' I'm proud of you ’ smile.
“Are you CRAZY!?” whispered Rarity to Fluttershy as the group left the room.
“Maybe...” Fluttershy replied, turning to look at Sweet Tooth. “...All I know for sure right now is: hurt people, hurt people. The best way to break that cycle is with love and kindness.”

The six friends left the room with Princess Celestia as she closed the grand doors behind them. The room itself was already fitted with video surveillance after the last incident involving the mirror and the Princess had summoned for an elite team of guards to guard the door to the room.

As the group of friends left for a de-briefing over tea, Sweet Tooth remained in the portal room mulling over his past and the words of the yellow pegasus.
“Hurt people...hurt people...” he echoed.

Author's Note:

I'm a first time writer so constructive criticism is encouraged!

I must confess, I started writing this before I had an idea of how I would end it. A fatal mistake, I know D:

So based on how this is received, I may or may not get a whole story out of it. (Hence the story being on Hiatus) 28/1/15