• Published 25th Jan 2015
  • 6,021 Views, 107 Comments

One Bump Too Many - Killjoy_Writer



Now that he is a new captain of the Ponyville Royal Guard, Flash Sentry will be seeing a lot more of Twilight. What are his thoughts?

  • ...
29
 107
 6,021

Back To Our Normally Scheduled Program

Author's Note:

Time: 1812 hours
Listening to: Hero by Skillet

After a long chapter I have decided to speed things up a bit more but keep the romance in it.
I'll be posting the next chapter, A Really Awkward Date, tomorrow.

Till next time!

-TheNightShade
(Revised February 8th, 2015 by me)

Back To Our Normally Scheduled Program


Three weeks later......

The train stopped at Ponyville with a hiss and all of the ponies on board piled out. They all separated when they exited the station to resume their personal duties. "Jeez......" Twilight shuttered, "When did it get this cold?" She and Flash were recently in Canterlot for a royal meeting with some foreign dignitaries from Gallopfrey to discuss future plans.

"Dunno." Flash answered as the trotted along to get back to the castle, "Must be getting close to winter now." Another step.....

"No kidding." Twilight chuckled. Her ears perked upwards when she felt something fall onto her back. She turned and saw Flash's wing sprawled across her back and saw that he was looking away with a slight blush. She, too, formed a small blush and looked away but there's one thing she noticed. She was smiling. Is this what love feels like? she asked herself before shaking her head, NO! He's just a friend who is helping me with my royal guard! They entered the crystal castle and was greeted by the warmth of a lit fireplace. "Spike?" Twilight called out as she trotted away from Flash who folded his wing and sighed. Better luck next time, sport. he thought to himself.

"Over here!" Spike called out from another room. Twilight and Flash found the room where the assistant was. He was lounging in front of a lit fireplace near a table that had two hot chocolates on it. He sipped his hot chocolate before speaking again as they entered. "How was it?" he asked as he wiped some whipped cream from his mouth.

"Same as the others, Spike," Twilight sighed, "Long and boring. I don't know how Celestia and Luna could do that for over a thousand years."

"Must be something they're used to." Spike added, "What did you guys talk about?"

"Well," Twilight thought as she and Flash sat down and grabbed their hot coco, "First we discussed trade, then we discussed about how they're going to cope without extra land for their crops, and finally we decided to give them some unclaimed land here in Equestria." She sipped some and set the mug down before sighing.

"Still stressed?" he asked.

"Yeah...." she sighed again, "I'm still getting into the routine of being a princess." Her body jumped a little as she felt familiar hooves on her shoulders and blushed as she knew it was Flash.

"This better?" he smiled as he blushed a little.

"Yeah." she smiled back while continuing her blush.

"Well," Spike smirked, "I have to go. Rares needs help with a new line she's making for Sapphire. See ya in the morning!" With that he left them alone. Flash kept his massage going as Twilight tilted her neck and smiled with closed eyes. "Right there......." she sighed from the soothing touch of his massage.

"Um......Twilight?" he started to ask as he moved his hooves to massage her neck.

"Yes, Flash?" she responded as her blush grew slightly.

"I-I have a question for you." he continued as he moved to beside her.

"Hm?"

"W-Would you like to......um......" he hesitantly began as he rubbed the back of his head in nervousness, "Go out sometime.........?" Twilight's eyes widened as she registered the question.

"A-Are you asking me," Twilight started as a bright pink blush formed on her face, "O-On a date?"

"Y-You don't have to if you don't wanna," he sighed, "It's a dumb question anyway."

"Then why did you ask it?" she asked as thought for an answer.

"Because I love you!" he answered loudly. His sudden outburst of an answer echoed around the room and in her mind. What followed was a silence that lasted for a few minutes before Twilight put a hoof on his chin and lifted his head so they were eye-to-eye. "I'll work it into my schedule." she smiled through a small blush.

Flash's face changed to that of one who would be surprised. This isn't how I imagined it would go. he thought as a smile painted his muzzle, But I am literally going on a date with a princess! "Thank you, Twi." he thanked as he hugged her. This sparked a fire that would eventually turn into a wildfire to show that there love will forever grow. They got up and headed their separate ways to rest for the night. Upon entering his quarters, Flash smiled and sighed. Love-struck, he put his armor on the display and flopped onto his bed. I am going on a date with a princess! he thought again as he stared at the ceiling. Then there was a knock on the door. "Enter!" he called out as he sat up. The pony that entered was Firefly.

"Sorry to disturb you, Flash," Fire apologized as he entered, "But you have a message from the princess." A message? What could it be this time? he wondered as he opened the rolled parchment that Firefly handed him. It read:

Flash,
I have freed my schedule on Saturday for the date. I'll be ready at eight-thirty. Meet me at my quarters and we'll begin.
-Twilight Sparkle

P.S. This might be a little awkward for me seeing as though this is my first time dating so if things don't go as planned, don't worry.

It's my first time as well. he thought as he smiled and looked up. "Thanks, Firefly." Firefly nodded and went to resume his patrols. It's going to be a fun night on Saturday. he smiled as he went back to his bed. His smile stayed on his muzzle as he drifted off to the land of dreams.

I know it.......