• Published 25th Jan 2015
  • 6,003 Views, 107 Comments

One Bump Too Many - Killjoy_Writer



Now that he is a new captain of the Ponyville Royal Guard, Flash Sentry will be seeing a lot more of Twilight. What are his thoughts?

  • ...
29
 107
 6,003

Epilogue - The Wedding

Epilogue - The Wedding


About one-and-a-half years later.......

The weather in Canterlot seemed to have an energetic electricity mixed in with the beautiful sun rays of spring-going-summer weather. Why you ask? Well, it's the day of the wedding between Princess Twilight Sparkle and Captain Flash Sentry! It's been a hoof-full of years since the wedding of Princess Celestia and Discord so of course the ponies would love this day. It's not everyday that ponies get to see the marriage of a Princess since it will be unsure if there will be any other princes or princesses after Prince Valiant Heart. But there was still hope because Celestia was showing a little that a new prince was starting to arrive, which is why Princess Luna was practicing her sister's usual part in the ceremony. Off in separate rooms, Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry had final adjustments made to their dress and suit; tailored perfectly by the skilled hooves of Rarity.

On Twilight's end, she stood in a room with her chosen bridesmaids: the other Bearers of Harmony, Cadence with the now one-year-old nephew Valiant Heart, and, of course, her highly aged mother, Twilight Velvet. Rarity, as Twilight stood in her chosen dress and regalia, moved from angle to angle to make adjustments. While her friends, minus Rarity but she would occasionally chime in a conversation, chatted, Twilight stared into the tri-folded mirror as if she was in a daydream. "Thinking about Flash, dear?" her mother asked, which caused all ongoing conversations to cease.

"What else is there to think about today, mom?" Twilight asked back while looking at her mother through one of the mirrors, "After all, you once told me after Shining's wedding that you can't wait for me to find that very special somepony. So I did."

"That you did, my sweet." Velvet answered back.

"Yeah...." Twilight sighed with a smile piercing her lips, "But I think I should owe my greatest thanks to Cadence. After all, she did get me thinking about my love life."

"I only nudged you in the right direction." Cadence chuckled, "It is my job, after all. But it was you who decided to say 'yes' to Flash after all."

"That's right, Twi." Rainbow chimed, "First you two were bumping left and right. Now you two are going to get married in a few short hours!" Then Rainbow Dash flew to Twilight's ear and started to whisper. "Maybe you and Flash will bump sometime later." Rainbow winked and nudged her. This caused Twilight, Rarity, and Cadence, who covered Val's ears from the statement, to blush a very bright crimson.

"R-Rainbow Dash!!!!" Rarity blurted out.

"You know I'm joking!" Rainbow laughed back before earning a few blushing glares.

"Well mind yourself!" Cadence shot at her a Val went over to Twilight, "There is a little colt in here after all!"

Rainbow just chuckled before sitting back on one of the many sofas. Rarity, Twilight, and Cadence shook off their blush and went to more casual and gossip filled conversations. The room fell silent a little time later except for Val who trotted happily as he chased a lavender butterfly conjured by Twilight. Val caught the butterfly but when he opened his hooves to see it, the butterfly conjuration dissipated into the air, causing the colt to pout.

Twilight smiled as she lifted the pouting colt into the air and held him with one of her hooves. "Yay! Auntie Twilight!" Val giggled as he hugged her.

"You know what I've noticed, Twilight?" Cadence asked.

"What's that?" she asked.

"You have been acting very motherly towards Val." Cadence pointed out as Rarity gestured for Twilight to turn towards the other ponies so she could make more adjustments, "More motherly than me, I have to say." Hearing that from the Embodiment of Love and Care, it was quite a shock.

"I-I hadn't noticed." Twilight lightly blushed as she set Val down to let him go back to his mother.

"I noticed that, too." Rarity added, still putting all of her focus in her dress, "But I kept it to myself."

"Not meanin' to steal yer thunder today, Twi," Applejack started, wanting to share something, "But Mac's thinkin' of proposin' to Cheerliee. You should'a seen 'em." Applejack chuckled lightly before continuing. "He was more nervous than you durin' yer little meltdown about not sendin' a lesson scroll to Celestia." This caused Twilight to sheepishly smile and chuckle while rubbing the back of her head as she remembered that "lesson zero" meltdown almost a decade before.

"That was a rather........interesting day." a voice chimed from the door and it belonged to Twilight's former teacher, Princess Celestia.

"C-Celly!?" Cadence spoke up as she moved towards her sister, "I thought you were not fit to be out an about today!"

"I am." Celestia added, "But a little morning sickness can't stop me from watching my star pupil get married."

"Thanks, Celestia." Twilight smiled as Rarity examined her one last time, "I couldn't have gotten to where I am today if it weren't for your teachings."

"Finished!" Rarity exclaimed through the conversation as she stepped down from the display stage that she and Twilight stood on, "Twirl around for us, darling." Twilight simply turned.

"Really?" Pinkie asked, unamused, "That's all?" Twilight blushed and this time, did a proper spin. Causing laughter of joy to erupt. Just then, a guard came in. "Three minutes to ceremonies. Please take your seat and places immediately." he informed before bowing and leaving.

"See you in the Throne Room, Twilight." Velvet smiled before giving her daughter a motherly kiss.

"See you guys." she smiled as everypony left to the Main Hall before the Throne Room.

Twilight looked over herself one last time as she lowered her bridal veil onto her head. She was in the most elegant wedding dress, probably more elegant than Cadence's. She was ready, though little nervous, to be wed to her very special somepony.


In a separate room from Twilight's, Flash and his chosen bachelors: Big Mac, Spike, who took up almost half the room, Caramel, Shining Armor, Pokey, Soarin, and Firefly. "Nice job getting this far, Flash." Fire congratulated as he adjusted his collar, "Though the suit's a little tight and I hate this sunlight."

"Figures." Spike chuckled, "It's not everyday you see a batpony out and about during Celestia's sun."

"True." Fire chuckled back.

"Not used to a wedding?" Flash asked as he sat down so he was facing all of them.

"Never been to one."

"You serious?" Soarin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"How many ponies do you see get married at night?" he asked.

"Fair point but still." Pokey answered.

"How did ya propose to her anyway?" Big Mac asked, earning a sigh from Flash like he was daydreaming.

"I took her on a tour of the Kingdom, put her on a cloud, and put us in the middle of an aurora." he chuckled as he rubbed a hoof on his chest, "Let's just say it worked without flaw."

"And what about the celebration at the Devil's Dance Floor I've been hearing about?" Spike asked.

This caused Shining and Flash to don looks of embarrassment and regret as they remembered. "I had forgotten how wild Twiley gets when she drinks, even Cadence." Shining groaned.

"The four of us agreed to never go there again." Flash added with a groan of his own.

"Well then." Spike smiled.

Then a knock on the door and a guard poked his head in. "Three minutes to the ceremony. Please make your way to the Throne Room and take your places so we can begin." the guard informed before bowing his head and heading out.

"Let's go then." Flash announced as he rose to his hooves and the group went to their waiting spot by the altar they set up.


Flash stood at the steeple as waves of ponies entered and took seats in the empty chairs that filled the Throne Room. He was astounded that there were enough to fill the seats and the ponies who arrived late were left with standing through the ceremony. Flash looked to his left to see his bachelors all ready. He let a small chuckle out as Spike adjusted the bow-tie he was wearing for it was the only thing due to the fact that his scales tore through even the thickest of fabrics. After that, he turned to the right as the now-arriving Luna stood next to him and nodded to her. Luna nodded back before looking towards the pianist behind her and nodded so that he could begin playing.

Once the first three noted rang out, the congregation stood and turned to the doors that we're being opened by the two guards posted there so they may watch the bride stroll to the steeple. Flash's heart seemed to beat out of his chested as he watched her stroll towards him. You've really out did yourself, Rarity. he thought as he examined Twilight's dress. Once Twilight and her bridesmaids reached the empty space next to Flash, the song ended and the congregation sat in almost perfect unison.

"You look absolutely stunning." Flash commented just below a whisper.

"Same goes for you." Twilight commented back as Flash lifted the veil from her face.

Luna looked and Twilight then to Flash before proceeding. "Dearly beloved," she began, "We have gathered here today to witness the marriage of Princess Twilight Sparkle and Captain Flash Sentry. All of those in opposition to this couple being wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

She paused before continuing. "Princess Twilight Sparkle," she continue as she turned to her right to face Twilight, "Do you take Captain Flash Sentry to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Twilight answered with a nod.

"And do you, Captain Flash Sentry," Luna spoke again as she turned to her left to face Flash, "Take Princess Twilight Sparkle to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Flash answered as he and Twilight faced each other.

"Please present the necklaces." Luna commanded. Valiant Heart moved to in between Twilight and Flash holding a cushion that held two gold necklaces.

Flash grabbed the necklace closest to him and latched it around Twilight's neck. Once he was done, Twilight copied his movements, without using her magic. "I know pronounce this couple: husband and wife!" Luna declared loudly but switched her tone to a calmer one as she looked at Flash, "You may kiss the bride." With that, Flash and Twilight embraced each other and shared their first kiss as newly-weds, causing the congregation to erupt in applause and whistles.


After all was said and done, Twilight and Flash led everypony out to the garden where the banquet was to be held, like Cadence's and Shining Armor's wedding, minus the Changelings, of course. The newly-weds, Celestia, Luna, Discord, Twilight Velvet, Cadence, and Shining Armor all sat at the longest table that overlooked all of the other tables. The largest round table was occupied by the other Bearers, Caramel, Spike, and Pokey while the rest of the congregation occupied the other tables. Once everypony settled and continued their idle chatter from before the wedding ceremony, Twilight grabbed a fork with her magic and lightly tapped it against her empty glass to get everypony's attention. After that, she grabbed a nearby microphone. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just really wanted to do that." Twilight joked and caused the congregation to laugh.

"But in all seriousness," she continued, "Thank you all for coming out today. I think I can speak for the both of us when I say it's good to see everyone." She turned to Flash and he nodded in agreement. "Now," she pressed on, "As everypony is eating, the microphone will go around to family, extended family, then to friends." With that, carts of food came into the garden and to the serving tables. The first to be put on the tables was the cake with the up-most caution. Once the cake and the other foods were placed, Twilight and Flash moved to the cake to perform the First Slice.

Once they did that and grabbed the rest of their food, they retreated back to the table. After they sat, Twilight Velvet grabbed the microphone with her magic and started. "My dearest Twilight Sparkle," she began, "I've watched you grow up from a little filly to the mare you are before me. You and your brother have made both me and your father so proud of you both. If he were here, he would say the same thing. My Faust watch over him." Then she passed it to her son, Shining Armor.

"Twiley," he began, "I know that ever since you were little, you have looked up to me as a role model. Please don't change, Twi. Oh, wait, you have." He chuckled as he handed Celestia the microphone.

"My former student Twilight," Celestia began as she looked at her, "I was happy to teach you at my school personally. Some might say that I was quite a motherly figure to you. But nonetheless, you were my star pupil. I wish you the best."

Before Celestia handed the mic, she turned to Flash. "Captain Flash Sentry," she continued, "You took over my Guard after Shining went to take over the Kingdom's. Without you, I don't know where my Guard would be without you. Equestria and I thank you for your service." After she concluded, she tried to hand Luna the microphone but she turned it down and levitated the microphone to Spike who took it gingerly in his claw.

He hesitated as he tried to find what to say to her. "Twilight," he finally spoke out, "You've raised me since I was hatchling and taught me much of what Celestia taught you. Also, like how you looked up to Celestia as a motherly figure through her teachings, you were mine through yours. I think I can speak for all of your friends when I say this, we only hope for the best for you and Flash. Good luck Twilight!"

After a few more shot speeches of thanks and good lucks, Twilight and Flash finally set out to a waiting carriage outside of the Castle. When she tossed her bouquet, it ironically landed into the hooves of Cheerilee.

After they rode of to wherever they wanted, they were finally ready to start their lives together. Through tick and thin. Love and heartbreak.


The End

Author's Note:

Time: 2358 hours
Listening to: Bullseye by KDrew

Welp........nice going on finishing my second fanfiction!

I will be posting and editing over the weekend so expect more!

Until next time!

-TheNightShade
(Revised February 15th, 2015 by me)

Comments ( 29 )

Good job with this story. It was a great read. My only complaint was that it was too short. Also you should have explained more about what happened after the proposal to the wedding.

5597725 I'll leave that so the readers can guess :raritywink:

Comment posted by Rainboom H Harmonia deleted Feb 21st, 2015
Comment posted by Killjoy_Writer deleted Feb 21st, 2015
Comment posted by Rainboom H Harmonia deleted Feb 21st, 2015
Comment posted by Killjoy_Writer deleted Feb 21st, 2015
Comment posted by Rainboom H Harmonia deleted Feb 21st, 2015
Comment posted by Killjoy_Writer deleted Feb 21st, 2015

5599724 please fix it already, it's getting annoying, every time I reread this my eyes go straight to it.

5612893 I'm trying but I've been busy with Pensacon related things and school. It's really hard. That will be gone by this weekend I guarantee it.

5606896 She didn't break it and it was just minir bleeding.

5651201 I see sompony's taking an interest!

5651310 You sure are a fast reader! Thanks for the fave!

I loved it! You did a great job!

5660800 Noted. Thanks for the help!

This was an amazing story! Too bad there no sequel but it's still good!

Nice Story. 9/10. The only thing that made me sad was the length. ;( so short (like Star Burst,heuheuheu) Well done. :)

6170479 Star: *flies and kicks your leg* I'M NOT SHORT!!!

Why not read Royal Marital "Problem"?

That was a great story and I enjoyed it very much. I hope you continue writing for a long while

Hey, I'm a fan of flashlight, #FLASHLIGHT 4 LYFE!!!!!!!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Luna looked and Twilight then to Flash before proceeding. "Dearly beloved," she began, "We have gathered here today to witness the marriage of Princess Twilight Sparkle and Captain Flash Sentry. All of those in opposition to this couple being wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

:rainbowlaugh: haters gonna hate. :rainbowlaugh:

Okay so over all I didn't like it. And it's not because of flash sentry. I don't like all these ships. I don't like that you skipped the first kiss. Or at least I would if you did. Which you did not. I don't like that..... that this is all I have to say about what I disliked. It's just I don't like these ships. Besides Flashlight. You messed up some sentences too.

Enjoyed the story. Liked it very much. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment