• Published 25th Jan 2015
  • 6,010 Views, 107 Comments

One Bump Too Many - Killjoy_Writer



Now that he is a new captain of the Ponyville Royal Guard, Flash Sentry will be seeing a lot more of Twilight. What are his thoughts?

  • ...
29
 107
 6,010

A Really Awkward First Date

A Really Awkward First Date


That Saturday........

Flash stood in front of a mirror and examined his reflection. He noted every detail. His mane and tail, brushed and combed back. The suit of his choice, tailored to perfection. He smiled and nodded in approval before heading to the door. Just as he was approaching the door of his quarters, he felt his nervousness catch up to him. He stood there shaking as he thought of the possible outcomes. Then he came to his senses and shook his head. Who am I kidding? he asked himself, Tonight's going to be awesome! Pumped, he opened the door and proceeded to Twilight's chamber.

He seemed to have a little bounce with each step he took. Probably because of how love-struck he was. He trotted through the throne room but stopped when he heard hoofsetps descending the stairs in the back. His heart skyrocketed when he saw who it was. Coming down the stairs in a soft magenta and lavender dress with gold regalia and crown with purple crystals was the astonishingly beautiful Princess Twilight Sparkle. She........is......... "B-B-Beautiful..........." he sputtered as she stood in front of him.

"I-It's a little much, don't you think?" she asked with a blush and a nervous look to the ground.

"No. I don't." he smiled as he lifted her head so that they looked eye-to-eye, "You look stunning." She blushed more as she heard another compliment. Spike and Rarity descended the stairs shortly afterwards. "You're welcome." Rarity smirked, "I put this together in four days, seven hours, thirty minutes, and seven seconds."

"Thanks." Flash smiled.

"Rares and I'll watch the castle while you're gone, Twi." Spike informed as he and Rarity passed them.

"Okay." Twilight nodded.

"Ready to go?" Flash asked as he moved to beside her and hovered a wing over her back.

"Y-Yeah." she nodded and then blushed as she felt the wing gracefully land onto her back. When they passed the private study where Spike and Rarity were enjoying one's company, Rarity called out. "Enjoy yourselves, lovebirds!" she called out with a smile. That caused both Flash and Twilight to blush but they didn't stop. Instead, they put a little more pep in their step.


They stepped out of the castle and shuttered a little at the cold wind. "Packed a little light, huh?" Flash asked.

"Y-Yeah." Twilight nodded. She then felt his body press against hers and blushed. "How about we return these to Rarity's boutique and get something a little warmer?" Flash recommended.

"Good idea." she chuckled as they headed to her boutique.

A few minutes after talking to Sweetie Belle, getting winter clothes, and writing a note to Rarity, they finally headed out and started their night together. After going a long for a little, they decided to head into a quaint little restaurant simply called: The Sleeping Pony. They entered and were seated in a booth shortly after. It was quiet except for a few more ponies there together or by themselves. "What would you like to drink tonight?" the waitress asked as she pulled out a note pad and a quill.

"What would you like, Twi?" Flash consulted his date for her opinion.

"Hm," she thought as she read the list of drinks, "How about some Strawberry Wine?"

"Good choice." the waitress commented as she wrote it down, "I'll be back with your drinks." Then the mare trotted off and left Flash and Twilight alone.

Flash stirred a little before starting a conversation. "So.....I hope you don't mind me asking about how your talk went with Cadence." he started.

"Well," she chuckled, "It was interesting." She smiled as she remembered her feeling when she felt the bump. "I got to feel her bump." she stated.

"How was it?" he asked.

"It was......interesting." she answered as she looked at her hooves with a smile, "It made me feel a combination of hope, love..........and care."

"How so?" he asked.

"I have never felt something like that." she answered.

"Like what?"

"Life." she smiled as she remembered every second of the touch.

"Your drinks." the waitress stated as she brought back a wine bottle and two glasses. She set the glasses down and poured the wine into them and placed the wine in between them so that they could refill themselves. "Do you know what you would like to eat?" she asked as she pulled out the quill and pad again.

"Two medium-rare sirloins please." Flash ordered and she wrote it down, "What would you like, Twi?" They shared a small laugh before the waitress went off again with rolling eyes.


After a few drinks, two sirloins, and lots of laughs from telling stories, the daters went back out to enjoy the rest of the night together. They trotted along before entering the park. They moved slowly side-by-side, taking in the incredibly romantic moonlight against the ground. With each step, their love grew. "So, Twilight," Flash started, "A-Am I doing good?"

"Yes." Twilight nodded with a small blush, "Wanna play a little game?"

"What's that?" he asked.

"Tag!" she answered as she tapped him with a hoof and ran off.

"Oh, it's on!" he smiled as he chased after her. They ran around a while before they reached the top of a hill which is when Twilight tripped and tumbled down from in front of Flash, barreling into him and when they stopped at the base of the hill, things took a really awkward turn: Flash was on top of Twilight with their muzzles touching.

This caused Twilight and Flash to blush enormously. "I-I-I-I........." Flash started but was interrupted by one thing: a kiss. The kiss was not because of the wine they drank, but from a different source. Her heart. OH MY SWEET CELESTIA!!!!!!! he screamed in his mind, IS THIS A FANTASY OR REAL LIFE??? He shook off the question when he closed his eyes to cherish this moment. They broke free of the embrace with small blushes and stared at each other. Flash flopped to Twilight's side and held a hoof. "Well....." he huffed slightly, "That was really unexpected."

"I'm so sorry for that, Flash." Twilight apologized.

"Don't be, Twi." he reverted the apology as they turned their heads to face each other, "That was amazing for a first time."

"You really think so?" Twilight asked as she blushed slightly.

"I know so." Flash nodded. What interrupted this small talk was not a pony nor a creature, but something else. A snowflake.

Flash got up and helped Twilight get to her hooves as they watched the first snowflakes fall. They stood there in silence with amazement. But then Twilight's body jumped slightly when she felt Flash's wing on her back again. "Ready to go back to the castle?" he asked as she looked at him.

"Yes." she nodded and they went back to the castle. As they walked, a question was bothering Flash like there was no tomorrow. "Um, Twilight?" he started, "I have a question."

"What's that Flash?" she replied.

"Would you like to.....um....." he hesitated but then sighed, "Would you like to be my marefriend?" Twilight blush again at the question as she tried to find the right answer.

"U-Um...." she began.

"You don't have to if you don't-" Flash was cut off by the sweet and savory touch of Twilight's lips against his.

"I don't mind." Twilight stated as they broke the kiss. AWWWWWW YEAH!!!! Flash thought. They entered the doors to the castle and saw Spike as they passed the study sleeping in front of a small fire. They walked passed and headed up to Twilight's quarters. "See you tomorrow then, Twi." Flash yawned as he started to walk away.

"See ya." Twilight yawned back as she went into her room. She shut the door and sighed daydreamingly. I never thought his lips were that soft. she thought as she took off her apparel, I hope he's happy with our first date. She climbed onto the bed and closed her eyes to drift into the land of dreams.

Flash closed his door behind him, his heart beating rapidly. "That wasn't a dream." he spoke to himself as he remembered her lips, "That was reality." He undressed and climbed into his bed. That was an amazingly awkward first date. he thought as he stared at the ceiling. He sighed and closed his eyes to dream happily.


Meanwhile.....

Rarity opened the door to her boutique and her home, causing the bell above it to jingle. No one came. She must be asleep by now. she thought as she hung her scarf on a mannequin. Then she heard a yawn from in the living room. "Is that you, Rarity?" the pony yawned.

"Yes it is, Sweetie." she answered back as she found her little sister on the couch.

"I......" she yawned, "Waited for you."

"What for?" Rarity asked as she sat beside her sleepy sister.

"Twilight and Flash came by earlier." she answered.

"Why?"

"They wanted some warmer clothes." Sweetie Belle then pointed a hoof at two mannequins with Flash's suit and Twilight's dress on it. Rarity approached one of them and saw that there was a note. She grabbed it with her magic and it read:

We'll wear these when it's warmer. but thanks anyway!
-FS and TS

"I hope it went well for them." she said aloud but was only answered by her sister quietly snoring. She smiled as she kissed her sister's cheek and covered her with a blanket. "Night, Sweetie." she whispered as she went upstairs to her room for some sleep.

Author's Note:

Time: 1212 hours
Listening to: Tomorrow Comes Today by Gorillaz

This was really awkward for them, don't you think so?
But I made sure to put some heavy romantics in there, too. :raritywink:
Looks like they're finally opening up to each other.

If you hate this, tough. Because I'm going to add a few more chapter into this. :trollestia:

Stay tuned!

-TheNightShade
(revised on February 8th, 2015 by me)