• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 4,954 Views, 78 Comments

Something lost, Something gained - natis120



After a horrifying accident, the newest princess in Equestria is left blind. Rainbow Dash blames herself for Twilight's loss of vision. Along the way, the two begin developing feelings for each other.

  • ...
12
 78
 4,954

Chapter 2: Tears of Innocence

Everywhere Twilight Sparkle looked there was only what she could describe as thick white fog. There was only fog, nothing more.
She could still hear clearly though. But her eyesight was no use. She couldn't see a thing, she knew she was blind and she she knew she couldn't do anything about it but just pray that it was all a dream. Which it unfortunately wasn't.

Twilight lifted her head and her ears pointed up as she heard a door silently creak open and then close shut. She heard several hoofsteps, as If there was more than one pony, coming towards her.
Twilight extended a hoof in hopes of getting the attention of whoever just entered her hospital room. She touched something. It felt soft, like the fabric Rarity had used for her Grand Galloping Galla dress last year, it smelled like roses, like the ones she remembered smelling in Canterlot's flower shop as a filly, and it was wet, wet with tears.

"W-who is this?" Twilight asked as she removed her hoof from the pony just to have it grab her hoof and press it to what Twilight could guess was it's chest.

"I-it's me Twi, mom." The pony, or Twilight's mother to be exact, said in a hoarse femenine voice.
Had she been crying? It sure looked like it, or rather heard like it.

The room was dead silent. So silent, you could hear a pin drop.

"Weren't you supossed to c-come here next w-week?" Twilight asked silently.

"She was." A new voice, also from a mare, spoke up.

Oh. Twilight thought, So there was another pony with her.

"Princess Cel-lestia?"

"Yes Twilight," Princess Celestia said softly. "It's me."

A small tear found it's way from behind the thick bandages covering Twilight's eyes and trickled down her lavender cheek.

This wasn't fair! Nothing about this was fair! It was frustrating!
Too frustrating! She was blind and she was hating every minute of it.

A sob escaped her lips. She wept. She wept in her mother's and mentor's embrace.

"I w-want to go h-home!" She shouted between sobs.
"I m-miss Spi-ike! I m-miss my fr-riends! I m-miss dad, S-shiny and Cadence!"

"Shhhhhh, it's okay Twily." Her mother comforted her.

"We're right here." Celestia assured her.

Twilight's cheeks were crimson red from all the crying.
All she wanted to do now was cry, nothing else. Just cry. Cry.

She cried for what seemed like hours before one last sob escaped her lips and she slowly drifted off to sleep in the arms of those dear to her.

For the first time in that day, she felt safe. Safe from all harm and evils in this world. Safe from the deep depression within her.

Safe from blindness.


Twilight flapped her wings gracefully in scynic with Rainbow Dash's. They spinned and moved elegantly over the water beneath them. Rainbow smiled at Twilight as they moved from side to side in perfect rythem. The moon cast it's moonlight on the winged slow-dancing couple. The scene was perfect, the stars were shining and the water was calm. They both floated above the water in peace for a minute before Dash leaned in and gave Twilight a peck in the lips. That caught her off guard but it didn't make her feel uncomfortable. Dash leaned in again, but this time, It wasn't for a peck but for a kiss. A very passionate kiss. Their lips met and both closed their eyes. Rainbow breathed down on Twilight's face. It felt beyond amazing! Twilight tried to hold back a moan but failed miserable. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up to end. Their mouths moved in perfect harmony as Rainbow's hooves made their way to Twilight's back and rubed it carefully. Twilight moaned, this time not even trying to hold it back. There was no other place the two would rather be right now. Slowly, their mouths parted. Twilight looked deeply into Rainbow's eyes as she looked deeply into Twilight's. Time seemed to stop as they stared at each other. Rainbow's mouth curved into a smirk as she looked at Twilight.

"I love ya," The smirking Rainbow Dash said. "And nothing can change that."

Twilight blushed as she giggled silently, "I love you too, Rainbow."

The mares held hooves as they kissed again.


Twilight drowsily lifted her eyelids. A void of nothingness stared back at her.

That was a weird dream... She thought.

As she thought about the...detailed dream she had that night a blush creapt into her face.

It was just a dream.

Author's Note:

This is my first time writing romance so please bear with me and don't be too harsh.
Also, I want to appologize for taking so long with this chapter, I have been awefully busy these days. Hopefully, the next chapter should be out this week since my spring-break starts today.

I hope you guys enjoyed and thanks for reading!:scootangel: