• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 3,143 Views, 37 Comments

What is Love? - DiscordFan

  • ...
4
 37
 3,143

What is Life?

What is life? That's what the draconequus, Discord, was thinking about before going to bed. But he thrashing about because he was having a nightmare.

There was a mirror. It flashed and an evil smirking draconequus was on it.

"Discord," the mirror said, "where's the chaos?"

"I," Discord began, "am chaos."

"But your not causing any."

Discord pondered on this. But- But he was chaos! Why wasn't he causing any!?

"Because of that wimpy Pegasus that your always hanging out with," mirror Discord stated blandly.

"She's not a wimpy Pegasus! She's my friend..."

"Fine, fine. But let me help you cause some chaos!" The mirror flashed and now depicted... Fluttershy. Fluttershy was unconscious and hanging over boiling lava.

"No," Discord screamed, "No, no..."

"NOO!" Discord sat up shaking over the nightmare. It was just a nightmare, why was Discord so scared? Discord shook his head and looked at his clock. 5:37a.m. Maybe Discord will visit Fluttershy later, since she woke up to feed her animals at 6a.m. But first, food.

Discord teleported into his kitchen, snapped his tail, and made a bowl of paper, a spoon, and some orange juice appear. A lovely chaotic breakfast! He poured the orange juice into the bowl and began eating it with his spoon. He heard a pitter-patter and turned to see his new pet platypus, Mix-Up. The platypus slapped his beaver-tail on the ground a few times. If Discord remembered correctly, Fluttershy said that meant he was hungry. What was his pet's diet again? Didn't Fluttershy make a list? Discord snapped his eagle-talons and the list appeared. Let's see: worms, shrimp, crayfish. Simple enough. Discord snapped his lion-paw-fingers and those items appeared in a bowl that said "Mix-Up" on the front. The platypus looked up at his new master happily and began eating.

Discord looked at the watch that somehow appeared on his wrist. It read "5:42a.m." Fluttershy still wasn't awake. Might as well play with Mix-Up. Discord made the red-rubber ball Fluttershy gave him appeared and showed it to the platypus. Mix-Up stopped eating, looked up, and noticed the ball. He began jumping happily, excited that his master wanted to play.

Discord gently patted his cloven-hoofed leg, and Mix-Up followed, pleased to obey his kind master. Discord led Mix-Up to a garden full of Poison Joke, Heart's Desires, and other chaotic flowers. Discord bounced the ball a few times and finally said, "Fetch, Mix-Up! Fetch!" Mix-Up happily obliged, enjoying the exercise and playtime. Discord threw the ball a few more times until he heard the watch beep. "5:55a.m." That's not chaotic! Oh well.

"Mix-Up! Come 'ere Mix-Up! We're going to Fluttershy's," Discord called. The platypus came waddling, I suppose, over as quickly as he could, excited at hearing his old master's name.

Discord picked up Mix-Up and snapped his lion-paw-fingers and teleported to Fluttershy's house. He could hear her moving about inside preparing breakfast for all the animals.

"Angel Bunny, you know you're not allowed to have pancakes. You get sick every time," he heard Fluttershy's voice say. Discord chuckled. When wasn't somepony debating with the rabbit. Discord walked up to the door and knocked. "Who could that be," he heard Fluttershy whisper. The buttercream yellow Pegasus opened the door.

"Discord! How nice of you and Mix-Up to stop by," Fluttershy said softly, "Oh my, Mix-Up looks much happier than usual. Did you play with him, Discord?" Discord nodded. "I'm so glad you said yes to taking care of him. Angel Bunny was starting to bully him, and I felt so ashamed and sad."

"Yes, Mix-Up has been a good platypus," Discord said, "Um, Fluttershy? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Discord, but could you help feed the animals first."

"But of course, Fluttershy. I'm always willing to help a good friend." Fluttershy nodded appreciably. She walked back inside with Discord and Mix-Up following. She went into the kitchen and came out to give a bag of bird-seed to Discord.

"Could you please go outside and feed the birds, Discord," asked Fluttershy. Discord nodded and headed outside. He's done this routine before: gently sprinkle the bird-seed in front of the bird houses, and if the birds didn't come out, gently knock on the wood. Discord did that and only had to knock on two birdhouses instead seven. Quite the improvement, if Discord said so himself. He turned around to see Mix-Up slapping his tail again. Discord snapped his tail and Mix-Up's unfinished bowl appeared. The platypus looked up happily and finished eating. Discord snapped his tail again and the bowl was teleported home.

"All done," he heard a soft voice ask. He turned around to see Fluttershy balancing a tray of chopped up carrots and cucumbers on her wings. "I just need to give these vegetables out and you can ask me your question," she said, "Why don't you head inside? And don't mind Angel Bunny, he's in a time-out." Discord chuckled while nodding, and he headed for her cottage. Once inside he saw the white rabbit sitting in the corner, facing the wall, ears down. Discord held all the laughter he could back, but then remembered his question. He sighed at the thought. Perhaps he shouldn't do this. But then Fluttershy walked in.

"So what's the question," she asked innocently.

"Well, uh," Discord said, "What... What is life?"

Fluttershy looked a bit suprised at a question like that. She looked off slightly to side, deep in thought. Finally she looked back at Discord.

Then, she simply said, "What is love?" Discord nearly fell off the couch at the word "love." What is love?

"Well, love, I suppose, is strong affections between two crea-," Discord was interrupted when Flutteshy leaned over and kissed him. Discord blushed furiously.

"Do you have your answer," Fluttershy asked, wearing her own blush. Discord nodded, speechless. "Your right about it being strong affections between two creatures, but it's also something else, Discord. When you can tell me what you think it is, come back," Fluttershy finished. Discord thought for a moment, but then leaned over and kissed Fluttershy passionately on the lips and simply stayed like that for a little.

When he broke away, he said, "Well... I'll see you later?"

"Sure." And Discord left, leaving Fluttershy to think about what Discord did. She felt for him, but she never thought he felt back. She shrugged it off and went over to Angel.

"Are you done now," she asked. The rabbit stood up fiercely and stared her down, but then drooped his ears in defeat. Flutteshy giggled. "That's what I thought."