• Published 16th Jan 2015
  • 3,475 Views, 52 Comments

Big Baby Mac - Pensplatter



The CMC attempt to get their cutie marks as mommies and decide to use Big Macintosh as a practice baby. With the help of the Mane 6, the girls learn about taking care of babies and Big Macintosh learns a few things about himself as well.

  • ...
14
 52
 3,475

Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash had decided to spend the day outside playing various games with the Cake twins while Mr. and Mrs. Cake were out at a catering venue, when they saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders wheeling a large baby buggy by. Rainbow Dash flew up the group and asked what crazy shenanigans had the fillies gotten themselves into this time, and the fillies told her everything that had happened so far that day. Upon seeing Big Macintosh, Rainbow Dash had pretty much the same reaction as Rarity, although her rolling around on the ground busting a gut laughing indicated that she wasn’t one for subtlety.

Pinkie Pie then bounced over with the twins, and upon hearing the tale from Rainbow Dash, surprisingly offered him her sympathy. Big Macintosh raised an eyebrow in confusion at her reaction, but Pinkie simply jerked her head towards her own two charges and said, “It seems to come with the territory of taking care of kids these days. Just be glad it isn’t wet flour.”

Upon seeing Pinkie Pie holding the Cake twins, Sweetie Belle asked the older pony, “Pinkie Pie, since you take care of Pumpkin and Pound Cake so much, do you have any tips on how we can be better mommies to Baby Mac?”

Rainbow Dash chuckled at the nickname, while Pinkie Pie replied, “Hm, well something that always important when taking care of baby ponies is feeding them. Have you given Baby Mac anything to eat since you guys started playing pretend?”

Apple Bloom shook her head and said, “Nope, I guess we kind of forgot about that.”

“Well c’mon, we have plenty of goodies inside!” said Pinkie Pie as she led everyone into Sugar Cube Corner. Pinkie and Rainbow gently placed Pumpkin and Pound Cake into their playpen, while Scootaloo plopped Big Macintosh next to them. Upon seeing him, Pumpkin stopped chewing on her toy chicken and held it up to Big Macintosh. Big Macintosh was genuinely touched by her friendly gesture and reciprocated by offering her Smarty Pants.

Pound Cake busied himself by stacking a bunch of building blocks into towers, using his wings to help make them particularly tall, then flew over and nudged his sister. When she saw the towers, she babbled to Big Macintosh, indicating for him to follow. Together, all three ponies approached the block towers, where Pumpkin and Pound Cake took Smarty Pants and the toy chicken, and began to move them around the blocks. Big Macintosh stared on in confusion for a moment before realization hit him: the baby ponies were imitating ponies walking around Ponyville!

Big Macintosh couldn’t help appreciate how smart the two little ponies before him were, but then he had a rather clever idea of his own. He reached for a stuffed Ursa Minor doll nearby and circled around to the other end of the play city. Pumpkin and Pound Cake continued to be absorbed within their own little world, until they suddenly noticed that the blocks were shaking. It wasn’t a continuous shaking, but rather a thumping that indicate something was approaching. The stuffed Ursa Minor appeared from behind the block towers, accompanied by playful roars by Big Macintosh. The twins squealed in delight at this new development and quickly shifted gears into defending their beloved Ponyville from the rampaging Ursa Minor.

Pumpkin held Smarty Pants with her hooves and in a surprisingly accurate reenactment of Twilight Sparkle, used her own magic to levitate one of her own rattles in front of the stuffed Ursa Minor as a distraction, while Pound flew off and returned with his blanket in tow. With the Ursa Minor ‘distracted,’ Pound Cake dropped the blanket upon the toy as a snare, and then gathered him up in a bundle. Together, Pumpkin and Pound carried their captured charge back to the area where their other stuffed toys resided. Upon the completion of their mission the twins toddled back to Big Macintosh and cuddled against him, grateful for his part in the adventure.

Pinkie Pie returned at that moment to announce that snack time was ready, but she could not help but go, “Aww,” as she gazed upon the tender scene. She picked up both of the twins, placed them onto her back, and called Apple Bloom to carry Big Macintosh into the kitchen. Pinkie carried the twins over to their high chairs, and to Big Macintosh’s chagrin, he saw that Rainbow Dash had attached a spare tray to one of the normal chairs so that he would not feel ‘left out.’

His shame was all but forgotten though when he noticed Pinkie set a plate of freshly frosted cupcakes on the table before him. Admittedly, Big Macintosh had not eaten anything since breakfast, and the sight of the sweet treats actually made the stallion’s mouth water hungrily. However, just as he was about to reach for one, everypony else but the Cake twins plucked a cupcake from the plate, leaving none behind for him. Big Macintosh looked at Pinkie with a confused (and slightly despondent) expression, to which she replied, “Sorry Baby Mac, but since you’re playing baby pony, I thought you’d be eating the same food as the twins.”

Having said that, the Cutie Mark Crusaders each brought over a bowl of baby pony food and deposited them onto the trays before the Cake twins and Big Macintosh. Big Macintosh looked down at the bowl of unappealing green mush before him and stuck out his tongue in disgust. Sweetie Belle beamed at him and said, “We each made a bowl by ourselves, since good mommy ponies need to know how to cook for their babies.”

Big Macintosh stared at the twins’ bowls and saw that their meals did not nearly look as foreboding as his own while Sweetie Belle continued, “I made your bowl by myself!” Pinkie Pie then leaned towards Big Macintosh and whispered, “I’ve recently been having a bit of trouble getting the twins to eat, but just now it seemed like they really looked up to you. Could you please show them how good babies eat? Pretty please with a cherrychanga on top?”

Despite not knowing the heck a cherrychanga was, Big Macintosh could sense the earnestness in Pinkie’s plea. He steeled himself as Pinkie Pie scooped up the contents of the bowl into a spoonful and raised it to his lips. Big Macintosh saw that the twins were staring at him intently, and he knew there was no way out of the situation. He closed his eyes and opened his mouth as the spoon travelled forward and deposited its’ contents.

Upon seeing Big Macintosh eat his meal without any fuss, both of the twins accepted spoonfuls of mush from Apple Bloom and Scootaloo without any resistance. Big Macintosh chewed his own mush and contemplated its’ odd flavor and texture. Suddenly, he felt a strange heat begin to dance upon his tongue and his eyes began water as his internal temperature rose like that of a boiler under high pressure.

Rainbow Dash noticed that Big Macintosh was panting and she tasted a tiny remnant of what was had been in his bowl. She immediately picked up the spicy flavor of the mush and cried, “Sweetie Belle?! What did you put in this?!”

“Well the other girls had already used up most of the carrots and broccoli, so I grabbed some of those weird green things from the other bowl,” admitted Sweetie Belle sheepishly.

Pinkie Pie’s eyes widened as she exclaimed, “Green things?! Oh no, Sweetie those were holler-peño peppers that Mr. and Mrs. Cake were using in a special appetizer for the cutecinera that they are catering today. They are incredibly spicy!”

Big Macintosh was rapidly panting now and Scootaloo swore she almost saw wisps of smoke emitting from his mouth. Pinkie Pie grabbed the closest beverage by her and handed it to Big Macintosh, who quickly began to drink. The intense heat of the peppers quickly abated and Big Macintosh continued to drink the refreshing liquid, not even bothering to see what it was until he had almost finished it. When he was finally able to focus on what he had been drinking, he felt his cheeks regained the familiar pink glow as he saw that he had just sucked down the contents of large baby bottle that had been filled with milk.

“Wow, you just drained Pumpkin Cake’s all-day bottle in less than a minute! She’s got a big appetite so we usually fill up that bottle with milk and she nurses on it all day. Oh well, at least it was good that you drank milk. It naturally heals the burns caused by holler-peño peppers,” said Pinkie Pie in an amazed tone.

“It’s also had a good affect on the tykes as well,” noted Rainbow Dash as she pointed to the twins, who were gulping down their snack time bottles with just as much enthusiasm as they had seen in Big Macintosh. “As for you young filly,” continued Rainbow Dash as she turned to face Sweetie Belle, “You should always know exactly what you’re putting into a baby pony’s food before you give it to him. We should all be glad that Big Macintosh ended up with that bowl rather than one of the twins.”

Sweetie Belle lowered her head in shame and said, “I’m sorry. I’ll be more careful next time.” Big Macintosh then noticed that his tongue was still burning a bit and Pinkie Pie responded by refilling the large bottle with milk and said, “You should probably nurse on that for awhile. If you drink it slowly, the burning should probably stop by tonight.”

Big Macintosh took the bottle and silently wondered if it was even possible that he could face further indignation. His thoughts were answered when Sweetie Belle said, “Oh, I almost forgot!” She trotted over to Big Macintosh’s chair and carefully removed him from within. She then positioned him over her left foreleg and used the other foreleg to pat Big Macintosh upon the back. Big Macintosh felt a rumble from within his stomach and suddenly a monstrous belch erupted within him.

Anypony outside of Sugar Cube Corner would sworn at that moment that the building had jumped at least a foot in the air, but within the kitchen everypony’s hair was swept back as Big Macintosh said in a meek voice, “‘Cuse me.”

Author's Note:

So I've finally begun to respond to people's comments about my story. Thanks you for all your encouragement. For those of you who leave thumbs down on my stories, could you please tell me what you don't like? It's kind of hard to improve if I don't know where to start. Anyway, continue to favorite, comment, and give thumbs up and we'll see what crazy shenanigans Baby Mac and the CMC get into next week. :rainbowwild: