• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 1,669 Views, 74 Comments

Shooting Star - Phoenix Nebula



Twilight and Flash find out that Flash is one of the 6 guardians of Harmony. Flash discovers he has powers never seen by pony eyes before, when Twilight ends up in danger he must unlock these abilities to save her. Will he succeed, or will he fail?

  • ...
48
 74
 1,669

A new mystery

Author's Note:

OK chapter 3 I hope its better than the others.

I still don't have Dragon so it will still be some time before my next chapter comes out. Once I get Dragon I'll probably be posting a chapter a day. Maybe

Also I know this chapter is short my next one will be longer but I'll try to get it out sooner.

Chapter 3: A new mystery

Twilight opened her eyes as the morning light woke her up; she slept so well last night. Sleeping right next to her was the stallion of her dreams, just starting to wake up. He opened his eyes.

"Good morning gorgeous," Flash teased. Twilight giggled at his smart remark.

"Good morning handsome," Twilight returned his comment. Flash bounced his eyebrows causing Twilight to giggle again.

"Oh stop," Twilight playfully shoved him. He just smiled mischievously. She sighed and looked up."I guess I better check on Spike," She leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek, and then got up and walked out of the room. Flash sat up in the bed, and suddenly noticed how energized he felt. He felt like he had the energy to could move a mountain, but something didn't feel right. He had this nagging feeling but he couldn't put his hoof on it.

"Hmm..." Flash rubbed his chin. He suddenly remembered that Spike had scanned his and Twilight's energy levels last night. Maybe the data could shed some light on this strange feeling. He got out of bed and put on his armor, grabbed his spear, and his tape recorder. Flash suddenly had an idea, he hadn't taken Twilight anywhere yet, and she likes Pony City, he also knows the the band personally. Maybe sometime this week he could take her to a live performance. Flash smiled at the idea. He could imagine the look on her face. Flash walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

--------------------

Twilight peered into her's and Spike's room. Spike was fast asleep in his basket. Twilight smiled and chuckled. He was so exhausted after the party, he was out like a light last night. She quietly closed the door so not to wake him. She walked into the main library and looked at the energy readings from last night. She went and grabbed two other energy readings, one was hers and the other was Flash's. Twilight walked over to a chalkboard. She held up the energy readings as she wrote things on the chalkboard. Flash walked in and saw Twilight writing things on the chalkboard while' looking at the energy readings.

"Hey Twily whatcha doing?" He walked up behind her.

"Oh, Flash,” She turned around." I was looking at the energy readings."

"What have you found out?"

"I don't know, it's strange," She pondered a sec. "I'm not sure what I'm looking at, it's unusual." Flash walked up and looked at the readings and at the chalkboard."If you look at my separate readings its consistent it has a very high amplitude and frequency. It's flawless and if that wasn't weird enough look at your's." Flash turned and looked at his energy reading and he suddenly noticed something."Your's is the same except its a half step ahead."

"You’re right and if you look at our combined energy reading it's like a helix!" Flash exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I found that if our energy waves were in perfect alignment then-" She paused, "It could blow a hole right through the universe!" Flash turned to her, his jaw almost on the floor. This information was shocking, absolutely shocking, hearing you could possibly blow a hole through space itself would shock anyone. “My energy readings are identical to pure magic, but yours are different, they’re offset, so they doesn't align with magic, yet I'm not quite sure what they do align with." Flash just stared, trying to comprehend what he was just told. Twilight looked at him, thinking he was confused. "Oh sorry, was it to scientific?"

"No I understand completely, it's just shocking."

"Wait you understand, I thought it was a bit scientific,"

"Heh, well I did take an advanced science class in high school, and I guess it was kinda easy," Flash smiled weakly while rubbing the back of his head. Twilight smiled at him, not only was he nice, strong, and handsome, but he was really smart too. Just then Spike came running in holding a letter. He still looked tired, since he had just woken up, but there was an urgent look in his eyes.

"Twilight! Celestia sent an urgent letter," Spike yelled worriedly. Twilight quickly grabbed the letter, read it, and started growing worried.

"What does it say Twilight?" Flash asked in a concerned tone of voice.

"We’re needed in Canterlot immediately. But she only called for you and me," Twilight turned to Flash. She then looked over to Spike, and hugged him because he looked very worried. " Don't worry Spike, I'll be back quick." Spike nodded.

"Okay," He responded.

"We should probably hurry," Twilight said as she got up and turned to Flash. He nodded and the two hurried out of the library. Outside of the library, there was a pair of royal guards pulling a chariot. Flash and Twilight knew Celestia had sent them to pick them up. Twilight and Flash stepped on the chariot and they were off.
---To Be Continued---