• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 1,787 Views, 15 Comments

Light and Darkness - Evil Twilight



Even the most caring and loving of ponies, have a dark and evil side that's waiting to be unleashed.

  • ...
10
 15
 1,787

Chapter I: Welcome to Ponyville

Princess Celestia was reading her weekly letter from Twilight on what she learned today about friendship! At the end of the letter she was saying how she was so thankful that Princess Celestia sent her to Ponyville to study friendship and how she loves her friends and so on and so forth.

Celestia then had an idea, she wasn’t sure if it going to work or not, but it was something she could indeed try. She walked out of her chamber and walked over to Princess Luna’s room, which was lock oddly enough.

“Princess Luna?” Celestia started to knock on the door. “Can I talk to you please?”

Luna on the other side of the door hesitate before she made her reply. “Sure, just give me a minute.”

Celestia waited outside her room for several minutes before Luna finally opened the door. “Sorry sister, I was just getting settled into my new room, I haven’t seen it for a thousand years after all.”

Celestia walked in while nodding. “That’s fine Luna,” the solar sister walked over and sat on a pillow that just so happened to be on the ground.

Luna grabbed a cup of tea and placed it next to her sister. “So what is it that you want sister?”

Celestia took a sip of her tea and placed it down next to her. “I would like you to go to Ponyville, where Twilight Sparkle and the other elements of harmony are and see if you can make some new friends! After all, you haven’t really interacted with anypony in over a thousand years.”

Sitting down across from her sister, Luna gave it some thought before making her reply. “I don’t know if that is such good idea sister,” Luna replied with a concern look. “Some ponies may still know me as Nightmare Moon, or may think I might transform back into this beast.”

Celestia knew where Luna was coming from this, but she still laughed at her remark. “Princess Luna,” she started off. “Nopony is going to think you’re some sort of beast! The only way ponies will think that is if you act like one! So to avoid ponies thinking you’re a beast, don’t act like one!”

Luna shrugged as she poured her sister some more tea. “I guess what you are saying is rather true in a sense, but I still do not know if this is good idea sister.”

“Come on Luna!” Celestia stood up after finishing the tea. “I think it would be fun! Tell you what, you only have to interact with only some of the ponies, like I defiantly want you to talk to Twilight Sparkle. If you want to talk to her friends that’s up to you but I would like you to talk to her the most out of them all.”

Luna finally conceded. “Fine, I will.”

Thank you best sister ever,” Celestia giggled.

“You owe me ‘tia,” Luna said as she walked out of her room.

Sure I do, Luna!”

Luna walked over to a balcony that had a wonderful view of Ponyville, Cloudsdale, and you can even see Manehatten. She was gazing at Ponyville, it looked so peaceful, but she didn’t know if she was ready or not.

“What will I do if the Ponies in Ponyville don’t like me?” Luna thought to herself as a frown formed on her face. “I guess it doesn’t hurt anypony for me to spend a couple of hours in Ponyville! I hope…”

Luna walked away from the balcony and back to her room. When she returned Celestia wasn’t there and her room looked more clean than usual. “Hmm, that was nice of ‘tia to clean my room for me.”

Luna walked over to the window that overlooked the sun as she saw it set. She used her powers to raise the moon to make way for the nighttime.

“It still feels weird doing this all again after a thousand years have passed,” Luna thought as she walked over to her bed and got into it. “Since there is nothing special going on tonight, I think I’m in the clear for some sleep. Tomorrow I shall head out for Ponyville, I just hope nothing goes terribly wrong.”

Morning arose as Luna got out of bed and walked over to lower the moon for the sun. She walked to Celestia’s chamber and walked in to see if Celestia wanted her to leave now or not.

Celestia already awake and raising the sun, looked back at her sister and smiled. “Morning Luna! Ready to have a fun and exciting day at Ponyville!”

Luna rolled her eyes as she just stood there in the doorway. “I guess, if you are sister.”

“Don’t you remember me saying yesterday? You’re going alone!”

“Oh, yeah, I remember,” Luna had a sad look on her face.

Celestia walked over to her little sister and put her hoof on her shoulder. “Come on Luna, you’ll be fine, I promise,” a huge creepy smile formed on Celestia’s face.

Luna giggled as she conceded once more. “Fine, you win sister. So when do you want me to head out?”

“Probably now being that Twilight is usually up by now and maybe even her friends are,” Celestia escorted Luna to the same balcony she was on yesterday.

“Remember, don’t act too monstrous now, you want Ponies to like Princess Luna, and not Nightmare Moon,” Celestia patted Luna on the shoulder.

“I understand ‘tia,” Luna said as she unfolded her wings prepared to take flight.

“Good luck Luna,” Celestia smiled as she saw Luna lift off.

“Thank you Celestia, I’ll need it,” Luna said as she flew off.

The morning breeze felt good against Luna’s body as she started to fly over the train station. A couple of the Ponies on the ground started to wave at her as she was flying overhead. Luna politely waved back as she went back to complete focus on the flight to Ponyville, which probably wouldn’t take that long in the first place.

Luna touched down right outside the walls of Ponyville, slightly unsure what would happen if she walked in unannounced like this. Holding her bravery, she walked into the walls and looked around. Everypony didn’t seem to pay much attention to her, just went about their business.

Once Luna entered and started to walk towards the centre of Ponyville towards the town hall, that’s when Ponies really started to notice her. They would wave at her with bright smiles or maybe just get flashed a smile or two but that’s really about it, nothing too special.

Mayor Mare just so happen to be walking out when she noticed Princess Luna. “Oh hello Luna!” the mayor got a little bit fugitive. “Um, should I bow before you?”

“No need to Mayor of Ponyville I am here just as a visitor. I would like directions to the place that Twilight Sparkle is staying at if that’s okay,” Luna smiled at her as the mayor began to calm down.

“That’s it? She lives right over there, inside that big treehouse,” Mayor Mare pointed to their left.

Luna looked over and saw the giant treehouse. “Thank you mayor,” Luna said as she started trotting towards the direction of the treehouse.

“You’re welcome Luna!” Mayor Mare waved as she started to walk away from the town hall.

It wasn’t that far of a walk to the giant treehouse, in fact there weren’t that many houses between the town hall and the treehouse. It was rather strange but Luna didn’t care, Ponyville was built quite a while after she was banished to the moon after all.

Luna reached the treehouse and saw a sign right next to it that read out: “Welcome to the golden oak library.” ”Of course Twilight would live in a library during her time in Ponyville.” Luna thought to herself as she walked up and knocked on the door.

The door flew open and she was greeted by Spike rather than Twilight. “Oh hey Luna! What’s up?”

“What? Where is Twilight Sparkle?” Luna looked confused.

“You don’t know who I am do you Luna?” Spike looked at her weirdly.

“No I do not, sorry,” Luna looked rather sad.

Spike smiled at her. “No biggy! I’m Spike, Twilight’s assistant,” Spike turned his head so he was looking inside of the treehouse. “TWILIGHT! LUNA’S HERE TO SEE YOU!” he yelled.

“Alright Spike, tell her I’ll be down there in a minute!” she replied.

Spike turned his head so he was looking at Luna again. “Sorry, just rearranging her room for the fifth time in the past week!” Spike giggled to himself.

“I heard that Spike!” Twilight called back to him annoyed.

“Just get your purple butt down here Twi!” Spike called back to her.

”Hehe, purple butt,” Luna giggled to herself.

Spike opened the door all the way to let Luna in. Luna saw rows of books and a moa looking thing in the centre of Twilight’s library. She giggled at that sight and walked over and sat down on a couch that was adjacent from kitchen doorway.

Twilight started to walk down carrying some sort of book that she put on a bottom row shelf. After she did that, she saw Princess Luna sitting on her couch and walked over to greet her.

“Hello Prince- Ahhh!” Twilight was cut off by a massive headache that caused her to fall to the ground. “What is, happen-ing?” she yelled as she gripped her head and started to twitch violently on the floor.

Spike panicked and started to walk toward the exit of the golden oak. “I-I’m going to go get N-N-Nurse Redheart, stay here with her!” Spike ran out the door and out of sight

.

Luna jumped off the couch and kneeled down next to her. “Twilight, can you hear me?”

Twilight slightly nodded before she moved her hooves from her head to her torso. “Now the pain is starting to shoot through my body! Why is this that is happening?”

Luna looked around to try to find something that could help her. Just then there was a knock on the door that caused the door to open all the way.

“Hello, I heard screaming going on-What is going on?” the light brown stallion saw Twilight twitching and Luna next to her.

“I didn’t do this, this just happen randomly!” Luna got up and pleaded at him.

“It’s t-true,” Twilight backed her up.

The light brown stallion walked over to Twilight and knelt down next to her. He put his hoof on her head and started to count silently to himself. “Twilight, how many books do you own?” the stallion asked her.

“Five-hundred and-and, I don’t know!” Twilight shouted as her seizure like movements got worse by the second.

“I think she’s going into a coma,” the light brown stallion said. “We have to get ahold of an evac team!”

Just then, Spike came back with Nurse Redheart and a medical team behind her. Redheart was relieved to know that the light brown stallion and a Princess was watching over her. “Doctor Whooves, what is her current condition?”

Luna looked up at her. “She’s going into a coma we think, it seems she cannot think straight or interact that well,” Luna looked back down at her.

“Thank you Luna,” Whooves looked at her. “She hasn’t been acting like this for long, I think. But I do know it’s getting worse by the minute, we have to get her to Memorial Hospital!”

Redheart nodded and looked behind her. “Get the stretcher!”

Two buff stallions walked around her and unraveled the stretcher and gently placed Twilight on it. Her seizure like movements were going to make it difficult to transport her, so Luna used her magic to refrain the mare from making too much movement.

All five ponies including Spike walked out of the treehouse and dashed towards the hospital. There were security ponies keeping the crowd in check while all of them were transporting the mare. Lot’s them had horrified looks on their faces as they saw their beloved Twilight suffering like that. Some of the Ponies even thought that Princess Luna was the one causing this, even though even they knew that they were wrong for the fact that there were four medical Ponies transporting the mare.

Once they finally reached the hospital as fast as they could make it, they put Twilight on a surgical bed and rushed her to a room. Once Princess Luna canceled the spell that was refraining Twilight from moving, they found out that her seizure like movements had faded a bit.

When they hooked her up to all the medical machines and put an IV into her lower right hoof, they soon found out that her brain activity was going down. The doctors in the room didn’t know what was causing all of this so they didn’t really know what to do. When they tried to talk to Twilight, they go no reply out of her, just moans and mumbles.

They injected her with a medicine that you use to calm a person down during seizures, it did nothing. After about five minutes of trying to figure out what to do, Twilight passed out.

Spike began to cry as Luna tried to comfort him. Soon a tear ran down Luna’s eye as they were sure she was going to die. Her heart rate was dropping, so there was almost no hope for the mare.

Doctor Whooves was looking at the mare closely, opening her eyelids to look at her pupils, then to see if her breathing was normal. Whooves shook his head as he walked over to Spike and Luna who were still crying.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think Twilight is going to make it. We don’t have the slightest idea on what’s caused this, if we knew we would have certainly done something about this by now! But we just don’t know, I’m sorry. For now she’s going on life support, but if she doesn’t get any better by tomorrow afternoon, we have to pull the plug,” Whooves looked down in shame.

This only made Spike and Luna cry harder. “If it’s okay,” Luna looked up and said. “Can we stay here with Twilight, for this one night?”

Whooves nodded and smiled as he stepped out of the room. From all the commotion that went on today it was already nightfall. Two nurses walked in and brought two sleeping bags for both of them to stay the night with. They then enclosed the curtains around Twilight’s bed covering her almost lifeless body.

The two nurses walked out as Spike hopped into his sleeping bag. “You okay Luna?” Spike asked as she was crying more intense than a little bit ago.

“No Spike, this is all my fault! I shouldn’t have come here in the first place! Celestia said I should visit Ponyville to try to make new friends but what has it caused me! To lose another friend! I’m sorry Spike, but tomorrow I’m leaving and never coming back here. I might even have Celestia banish me to the moon again, because the only thing I bring to Ponies are pain and suffering! I’m sorry Spike,” Luna shoved her face into her hooves.

Spike got out of his sleeping bag and sat next to Luna again. “Princess Luna, the beautiful Princess of the Night, please don’t blame this on yourself. This isn’t the first time Twilight has had random headache, this is the worst it’s been but it isn’t the first time! You didn’t cause Twilight to go into this coma, I promise. Please don’t beat yourself up over it,” tears were starting to form in Spike’s eyes.

Luna looked over at him and smiled. “You’re right Spike. Come on, we can discuss this more in the morning,” Luna said as she walked over to her sleeping bag.

“You’re right Luna,” Spike hopped off the chair and into his sleeping bag. “Goodnight Luna,” Spike said as he closed his eyes.

“Goodnight Spike,” Luna said as she closed her own eyes. Luna did have a couple of thoughts that came to mind before she drifted off to sleep.“This is possibly the worst day of my life, and tomorrow when it is revealed that Twilight is dead won’t be any better. They’re going to accuse me and have Celestia banish me to the moon again. I just hope by some miracle that she wakes up, hopefully.”