• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 3,771 Views, 38 Comments

The Kings Bride - Rainbow__Sparkle

  • ...
11
 38
 3,771

Across the Ice

“Well, Cadence I may be evil, but I am a colt of my word the empire is yours” Sombra groaned as if he was disappointed, “Come Rainbow we shall go to my palace.”

“Wait! What about the crystal heart?” Cadence asked,

“What? Did you think I took it? I don’t know where it is.” Sombra said,

“Now that I am thinking about it, maybe we shouldn’t have left the item that protects the whole entire empire in plain site with no guard,” Cadence thought out loud,

“We’ll miss you Rainbow” Twilight cried,

“Are you crying Twilight?” Rainbow asked,

“N-No!” Twilight said whipping away her tears, “Your c-crazy!”

“Keep telling yourself that” Rainbow laughed, they both hugged and then Rainbow looked at Fluttershy,

“Flutters take care of Tank will yah?” Rainbow Dash asked,

“Of course!” Flutters cheered, she tried to hold her tears but they all fell out, “I’m going to miss you so much!”

She grabbed Dash by the waist pulling her into a hug. She started to ball with tears.

“Um … okay Flutters I think that’s enough” Rainbow said trying to be polite with the situation,

“Sorry Dash! I-I-I love, love, love you sooo much!” she cried, “DON’T LEAVE PLEASE!”

“Don’t worry, you have Discord!” Dash said, “Flutters I have to go.”

“O-okay” Fluttershy cried, she stopped hugging Rainbow and cried some more.


Rainbow Dash turned to Rarity who’s was balling with tears and her mascara was running down her face. Rainbow has never seen her cry this much before, she would think that she would cry more at her first runway, but those tears would be tears of joy, so this would be different.

“Rarity, I’m going to miss you so much,” Rainbow said,

“Don’t get me started, or else my makeup will run!” Rarity cried. Like her makeup, hasn’t been running down this whole entire time Rainbow thought. Rarity whipped her tears away with a hanky she brought.

“Is my m-makeup r-running?” Rarity asked,

“N-no y-your good” Twilight lied,

Rainbow walked over to Pinkie Pie who couldn’t stop crying. “Pinkie keep up good pranks for me okay?” Rainbow Dash asked,

“They’ll never be as good as the ones you and I made together, but they’ll be good!” she cheered,

“That’s my Pinkie” Rainbow laughed,

“Maybe I’ll somehow prank you at Sombra’s castle, that would be gold!” Pinkie Pie cheered,

“Yeah, you do that,” Sombra moaned.

Rainbow looked at the little filly whom she always got her name wrong, Coral Blast. “Morsel Cast” Rainbow Started,

“Coral Blast”

“… gazuntite,” Rainbow said, “Don’t worry I’ll be alright Portal.”

Rainbow Dash finally came to Applejack. She hid her face with her cowpony hat trying to make Rainbow not to see her tears.

“Applejack don’t cry!” Rainbow pleaded,

“O-okay,” Applejack cried, “I’ll try.”

“It will be okay Applejack,” Rainbow said as she pulled AJ in to hug her, “just think about it now, you’ll be the strongest and most daring pony in Ponyville!”

Applejack came close to Rainbow and whispered in her ear, “I never wanted to compete against you because” she paused, “you were always the best.”

Rainbow Dash stood there with a look on her face that saddened her more than anything. A tear went down her face. For a minute, the world paused and Rainbow remembered all of the things that she had done with her friends in the past years. She remembered the first time she saw Twilight, and the first prank she had with Pinkie. She remembered the competitions she had with AJ, and all of the songs that she had to sing with her friends, but most of all she remembered her second sonic rainboom she did. She remembered how she saved Rarity, and how dazzled her friends were.

“Well, I am getting impatient, let's go Rainbow!” Sombra moaned. He pulled Rainbow’s wings with his magic, “Buh-bye!” he moaned,

“See you guys!” Rainbow said with her wings being pulled by Sombra who was viciously walking away.

Rainbow Dash and Sombra walked out of the Crystal Empire together. Before they left Luna ran up to Rainbow Dash. “Dash, Dash!” she yelled trying to get her attention. Dash turned around to see the blue alicorn run towards them. “Luna?” Sombra asked, “Dash wait!” she yelled. Rainbow Dash walked up to her to see what she had to say.

“Dash, I just wanted to say,” she started, “that once we fin a way to get you out of there we will.”

“Thanks, Luna!” Dash said. She gave Luna a hug then left with Sombra. The traveled around a mile to get out of the Crystal Empire until they reached a dark frozen tundra. Rainbow stopped and watched Sombra walk a couple steps into the tundra. “Were going through there?” Rainbow asked nervously, “Where else would my castle be?” he asked. Rainbow dash looked at the snow that was in front of her. She lifted her hoof and stepped on the snow. The snow was colder than anything Rainbow had ever felt, and she quickly pulled her hoof away from the snow.

“Come on slowpoke!” Sombra called to Dash,

“One minute!” Dash called back. She lifted herself off the ground by flapping her wings. She soon followed Sombra into the tundra and was ready to face the cold. “Don’t fly Rainbow Dash, your wings will freeze and we will have to thaw them out, and I really don’t want to do that” Sombra moaned, “I can do whatever I like, you might be my new husband, but you will never control me” Dash said. They continued through the cold tundra. The wind blew through Rainbow’s wings, which slowed her down and made her cold. She shivered all throughout her body, and her chattering teeth annoyed Sombra very much.

It grew colder and colder and Rainbow’s wings could barely flap. Dash’s wings flapped slower, and slower until her wings froze solid. Rainbow Dash fell to the ground. “Come on Rainbow! I told you not fly! You should listen to me next time.” Sombra groaned, but Rainbow Dash didn’t answer. She laid on the cold hard snow motionless. “Rainbow this isn’t funny, now come on we have to keep going!” Sombra yelled, “Rainbow?”

He walked closer to her. Her motionless body was cold, and she started to freeze up. He flipped her over with his magic to see frozen Rainbow Dash with a bloody head. He looked at the ground Rainbow Dash fell onto to see a decently big frozen shard sticking out of the ground. “R-Rainbow,” Sombra said looking at her body. This isn’t happening, he thought, I didn’t really like her in a relationship b-but.

Suddenly Sombra had a flashback of him before he turned evil. He and an old friend of his were skating on a frozen lake. It was a cold day, but warm enough to go outside. The frozen lake was hard, and it couldn’t melt for days. Sombra had a red scarf on and had a close eye on his old crystal pony friend. She was a purple pony with a blue curly mane. She wore a light green scarf and a light green hat, and her cutie mark was three-crystal leaves. “Sombra wait up!” the pony called, she tried her best to stay up on her skates, but she constantly fell down. Sombra skated over to her, “Need help?” Sombra asked as he pulled her up, “How come your so good at this?” She asked.

“I used to come to this lake when I was little, it was always really fun for me. I am happy I can share this with you.” Sombra said in a cheery mood. The two of them skated across the lake and did fancy tricks on the ice. The pony saw some beautiful crystal shards on an oak tree. They didn’t seem too sharp, and they were quite lovely. They could easily be made into gems. “Hey Sombra, can you get those crystal shards for me, I think I can make them into jewelry” the pony called, “Of course!” Sombra cheered. He used his magic to pick up the shards from the tree. The shards easily slipped out from the tree and they were light. They sparkled from an angle of the sun.

“Want to see something … magical?” Sombra asked the pony nodded and watched the shard carefully. The shards started to spin around the pony and made cool movements. The pony watched in awe as she saw the crystals move in no movement she had ever seen. “May I?” Sombra asked as he lifted his hoof out to the pony. The pony took his hoof and they both glided across the ice. Sombra lets go of the pony and the pony started to do spins on the ice and graceful dance moves. Sombra glided backwards on the ice and saw the pony do tricks. The ice shards spun around her gracefully. Suddenly Sombra slipped and fell on the ice. He got dizzy and everything was blurry. “Sombra!” the pony called. Suddenly everything went black, and all, he could hear, was a scream.

Sombra snapped out of his flashback and saw the bleeding pony lying on the ground. He froze for a minute not knowing what to do. He used his magic to pick up Rainbow and put her on his back. He made sure she was secure on his back then dashed into the snow. He dodged giant snow piles and he wasn’t going to let anything stop him from helping this pony. Suddenly a big dark cavern arose from the ground and Sombra jumped into the darkness.



When Rainbow woke up she saw herself in a dark room. The walls were black with colored crystals on the floor and walls. She was lying in a black and red canopy bed and everything was a little blurry. She put her hoof on her head and felt bandages on her head. They were wrapped around her head and her waist. Her wings felt stiff and she could barely move her legs. She hopped out of her bed and walked around the room. For her the world was still spinning around and when she walked around the room she fell over a couple times.

When Rainbow finally got her balance she walked out of the room to see a dark hallway with many, many doors. What kind of pony needs this many rooms, Rainbow thought. She walked through the hallway and opened a random door. The room held a silhouette of a huge beast that was chained. She heard a growl from the room and quickly shut the door. “Note to self: don’t open that door again!” Rainbow said.

Rainbow continued through the hallway and saw the dining room where Sombra was in. another pony was with him, but Rainbow didn’t know whom. “I’m sure she is fine” the pony said, “I just don’t want anypony to get hurt” Sombra sighed. He cares about me, he cares about other ponies wow I didn’t expect that from him, Rainbow thought.