• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 3,771 Views, 38 Comments

The Kings Bride - Rainbow__Sparkle

  • ...
11
 38
 3,771

The Commitment

Rainbow walked onto the train with the four alicorns, one unicorn, one Pegasus, and two earth ponies. Rainbow Dash looked down the whole train ride. “You okay?” Fluttershy asked,

“Not really” Rainbow sighed,

“Well, maybe I could help … if you want me too … not pushing you or anything,” Fluttershy whimpered,

“I just didn’t think my life would come to this,” Rainbow said, “I’m never going to see you guys again, unless Sombra allows visits, I’m guessing not though.”

“You don’t have to do this Rainbow, you don’t have to go,” Twilight said,

“No, I have to do this, I want to protect Equestria, it is my duty,” Rainbow said. A tear went down her face, “I just don’t want anypony get hurt or anything.”

“Rainbow Dash, please don’t cry” Luna pleaded as she put her wing around Rainbow Dash, puller Rainbow to her for a hug, “We’ll figure something out, once we find a way to get you back you’ll never have to see that monster again”

“Thank you, Luna,” Rainbow said hugging her back.

The train made a fast stop, which made the girls on the train fall over. “We have now entered the Crystal Empire,” the conductor announced. Everypony got off the train, “Last chance, are you sure you are up for this?” Celestia asked Rainbow thought for a moment, do I really want to do this, am I up for this? Rainbow Dash nodded and the ponies continued to the palace. They approached on what used to be a bright blue beautiful palace, which now turned into a dark deadly evil fortress. Rainbow took a gulp and though, okay maybe I am a little scared, but I must do this, I have to do this for the Crystal Empire.

“Ah, Celestia it’s been awhile. Luna, my pretty have come to marry me? Or are you here to play video games?” A deep scary voice asked,

“First off in your dream’s Sombra, and second off … um we’ll play video games later” Luna answered,

“Lulu will not marry you, you snake!” Celestia yelled, “Now show yourself you coward!”

“First a snake, now a coward, what am I next a bunny?” King Sombra laughed,

“A bunny would be nice” Fluttershy started, “you could be grey, or brown, or white, maybe even a brown, grey, and white bunny, oh you’d so cute! I would love to snuggle you and hug you!” everyone stared at her, “or maybe not.”

“That joy kills me,” King Sombra moaned,

“That’s girls! We found King Sombra’s weakness!” Pinkie cheered, “Well you mean old Sombrie, take this, joy! Joy, joy, joy, joy bunnies, joy, don’t forget the joy! Happiness sunshine, joy, joy, joy, JOY!”

“Cough, cough I’m dying” King Sombra moaned,

“YES! We did it! Now Dashie doesn’t have to marry him!” Pinkie cheered,

“Rainbow Dash?” King Sombra asked, suddenly a black smoke surrounded the ponies. The Wind gushed from every direction, and the sky turned darker. The chained crystal ponies around them ran in fear. Out of nowhere a big blast of dark magic blasted right in front of Rainbow Dash. “I didn’t know I was getting a Pegasus, Miss Dash” King Sombra said, suddenly out of the dark magic came a black unicorn with red accents. Celestia teleported right in between them. “Touch her and your dead!” she yelled, “Oh but my dear” Sombra started while pushing her out of the way and walking around Rainbow Dash, “How can I possibly marry her if I can’t kiss her?”

“So Miss Dash, are you mine?” King Sombra asked,

Rainbow looked at her hoof, then at her friends. Was she really going to do this? Was she really going to give up her life? There was a long pause, “Let me think about it” Rainbow cried. She dashed away from the ponies and Sombra. “Tick tock Cadence,” Sombra said as he teleported away. “Do you think she’s going to marry him?” Applejack asked, “I don’t know” Twilight sighed, “She’s going through something rough, we can't push her,” Cadence said.

“Poor Dash, this must be so hard for her” Rarity mumbled,

“We have to help her!” Twilight said, “Split up girls, we need to find Rainbow! She needs out help!”

The ponies ran and flew through the streets and skies of the Crystal Empire. Applejack jumped on the rooftops searching through the ally ways. Fluttershy searched the skies and in the clouds. Pinkie pie looked through the streets where the sad and scared crystal ponies roamed. Rarity looked through the old fashion stores in the empire, she didn’t really look for Rainbow she mainly looked for dresses that might still be in there she could buy, but … she helped? Twilight looked all over the place to find her, she didn’t want her friend to be in pain.

Fluttershy flew straight to Twilight. “Twilight … um if you don’t mind I think I might have found Rainbow” Fluttershy said, but Twilight didn’t hear her, “This is bad this is very, very bad!” Twilight panicked, “Twilight,” Fluttershy said, “We’ll never find Rainbow again, goodbye friend and element of loyalty” Twilight shouted, “TWILIGHT!” Fluttershy screamed, “Oh hi Flutters what’s up?” Twilight asked. Suddenly discord appeared, “Hello Twilight isn’t just a scream to see you?” Discord cheered, “Hi Discord,” Twilight said in a very disappointed voice, “Well that was a ‘nice’ voice to say to a friend who has found Rainbow Dash” Discord pouted.

“Wait you found Rainbow?” Twilight asked eagerly,

“Yes, you know I can teleport to anyone right? Geez what kind of draconequus would I be?” Discord laughed,

“Well, where is she?” Twilight asked,

“Oh right,” Discord said, “She is in a dark ally, but I’m not telling you which one!” suddenly Discord disappeared into thin air. “Oh, that guy with his games!” Fluttershy laughed, she looked over at Twilight to see an are you kidding me right now looked smacked right in the middle of her face.

After Twilight told everypony about what Discord told her Luna was tired of the king not doing anything about it. She teleported inside the dark fortress and ran straight up to a pitch-black throne which Sombra sat upon. “Okay ‘your highness’ you want a bride? You’ll get a bride if you help us look!” Luna shouted, “She said she has to think about it, she will come Lulu. Also what if she thinks no? It’s a waste of my time” Sombra said while reading a book.

“First off nopony calls me ‘Lulu’ besides Tia! And second off, I know Dash; she wants to do it, yet she doesn’t. I sort of relate to her with the whole Nightmare Moon thing; I wanted to take over the day with my night, but at the same time I didn’t” Luna explained, “Just help or you’ll regret it!”

“Fine I’ll ‘help’!” Sombra yelled. He puts his book down on top of a crystal pony slave who was chained to the throne. Luna levitated the book off of the crystal pony and onto the ground. Sombra scolded Luna and levitated it onto the pony again; right after Luna levitated it off of the pony. Suddenly it was levitation war between them. In the end, Sombra felt as if he didn’t have time for this so he let Luna win, which Luna did enjoy the winning part. Luna loved to win.

Luna and Sombra walked out of the castle together. When they got outside dozens of crystal ponies fled in fear or was petrified that he was so close to them. “Discord said that she was in a dark ally, let's look through all of them okay?” Luna asked turning to Sombra waiting for his response, Sombra nodded then leapt to a rooftop. Luna stood there in shock that he could jump that high. “Am I going to find her alone, or are you going to help?” Sombra asked, Luna stood there for a minute then shook her head a couple time to focus herself again. She bolted into the air while Sombra ran across the rooftops.

The houses and shops were made a crystal and were washed every week, which made running on them tricky, but Sombra managed to run on them without slipping once. He jumped over chimneys and leaped from roof to roof. Suddenly he heard hard cries from below him. He checked the dark ally he was above and saw a blue Pegasus crying in a cardboard box.

“What is this?” Sombra asked himself, “She’s not crying because I took over the empire, she’s not crying from a sad song, she’s not crying because she’s ugly … WHY THE HECK IS SHE CRYING?”

Sombra sat down and watched the blue Pegasus for more information on this topic he knew nothing about. Rainbow put her hooves to her face whipping away the tears that were dripping down her face. Sombra tilted his head to show that he was confused still, but then he realized that he was the only guy there so he felt a little stupid doing that. Suddenly a little filly came out from behind the box. She was a cyan blue color with a straight hot pink mane. She had a collar on with half of a broken chain hanging from the front of the collar. She looked like she hadn't eaten in days and there were buses and blood spots all over her body as if she has be whipped a couple times.

“Excuse me Miss, but why are you crying” the filly asked. Rainbow looked up from her hooves and saw the filly. Sombra leaned in closer to hear well. “Who are you?” Rainbow Dash asked, “My name is Coral Blast” Coral Blast answered in a quiet voice.

“Chloroplast?” Rainbow asked,

“No Coral Blast, Cor-al Bla-st,” Coral said,

“Oh, Floral Last!” Rainbow cheered,

“Nevermind” Coral Blast mumbled, “So why are you crying?”

“Oh you see,” Rainbow started as she pulled Coral closer to her, “You see Floral, I am a Wonderbolt and due to being a Wonderbolt I have to protect Equestria and the princesses but to protect them I have to marry King Sombra. I’m in love with someone else though. I want to help the Crystal Empire, but at the same time, I don’t.”

“Luna was right,” Sombra told himself,

“Well, I don’t think you should marry that jerk,” Coral said,

“JERK!” Sombra yelled, luckily Rainbow didn’t notice him,

“Really? But you will be enslaved!” Rainbow shouted,

“It doesn’t matter. I know the princesses will figure something out; hopefully, you shouldn’t have to marry a stallion you dislike. No matter how hard anypony or anything hurts me, knowing that you are not with the stallion you love will hurt me even more” Coral said,

“Really?” Rainbow asked. Coral nodded then leaned in for a wing hug then asked, “Why are we in a rundown cardboard box Dash?” “To feel like trash” cried Rainbow.

“Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie yelled, “Girls I found her!”

All of Rainbow Dash’s friends came running to her. “I’m sorry we pushed you hon, we didn’t mean to!” AJ yelled then gave her a hug. Rainbow got out of the cardboard box and helped Coral asked, “Don’t worry Rainbow, we’ll never make you marry that monster” Twilight cheered.

“MONSTER!” Sombra yelled, and yet nopony noticed him,

“Thanks, girls, but” Rainbow paused, “but what Chloroplast said to me.”

“CORAL BLAST HOW HARD IS THIS DASH?” Coral yelled,

“Sorry,”, Rainbow said, “Floral is being tortured!”

“JUST FORGET IT!” Coral yelled,

“It may hurt you to see me with a stallion that I don’t love,” Rainbow said to Coral, “but it will hurt me more to see you hurt Moral,”

Coral slapped her face in disbelief, “So are you saying what I think you're saying?” Rarity asked, “Yes, I’ll marry Sombra” Rainbow sighed, “This time for sure.”

She’s going to marry me, Sombra thought, but I’m a monster, I can’t believe what she’ll do for Equestria.