• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 3,742 Views, 54 Comments

The Little Pony Legend 4: Balance of the Heart - MaggiesHeartLove



It's been three years since Korra met the Mane Six, united two worlds, and became a princess. And now, at the peak of her success, the young Avatar mysteriously goes missing and it's up to her friends to find her.

  • ...
15
 54
 3,742

Day of the Siren

*(~)*

John 15:13~

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.

*(~)*


Day of the Siren

White ashes fell upon the rubble that was once the Future Industries warehouse. The thick black smoke had faded to a pale gray color, yet it still masked much of the catastrophic damage caused by Kuvira's cannon. Amongst the rubble, a massive piece which was once part of the building's roof became encamped with magical auras of gold, blue, and magenta, willing it upwards. From underneath, the Alicorn Princesses, Celestia, Luna, Twilight Sparkle and Korra had used their magic to shield everyone from the intense blast. It may not have been enough to prevent the destruction of the building, but at least the lives of everyone inside were spared.

While the four of them magically levitated the wall up, Bolin jumped out. "Okay, move along folks, take your time, just four alicorns levitating a giant wall." he said while assisting both ponies and humans out of the rubble. Suyin and Bumi both carried an unconscious Bataar Jr. His mother held him by the arms while Bumi hoisted him by his feet.

"Man, we've got a lot of people here. Is that everybody?"

Once they were all out, Bolin stepped aside, allowing the Alicorns to lower the wall down. Princess Celestia spread out her wings and rose upwards to land on the roof of a nearby building. Leaning against the edge, she witnessed the mecha suit marching its way towards the city through the bay, right next to Kyoshi Bridge, where her entire army of mecha suits marched on alongside it.

Celestia gasped in horror and then flew back to the others where Suyin was tending to the unconscious Baatar Jr.
"Kuvira is heading our way, with a platoon of mecha suits!" the princess warned.

"What should we do?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"This is my hometown and I hate to say it, but there's no use risking all our lives to fight that giant thing!" Bolin said, visibly unhappy with his own choice, but he was trying to think rationally. "Let her take the city for now! We'll think of some way to come back and beat her!"

"What about all the people who haven't been evacuated yet?" Mako said, "If Kuvira finds out that Wu is with them, she might fire that spirit cannon at him and take them all out."

"We can't let Wu get hurt!" Flash exclaimed, before rubbing the back of his neck, "I hate to admit it but, the little guy actually kinda grew on me. He's annoying sure, but he's got good heart when it counts."

Korra looked back at the city. She knew Mako was right, there were still innocent people out there, if they left now they'd be abandoning al of them. She turned to the others, her eyes fierce and her posture straight, tall and powerful. "I couldn't stop Kuvira from taking Zaofu. I'm not letting her conquer Republic City. The world isn't safe as long as she has that weapon."

"I agree. We take down that giant today." A familiar voice spoke out. All heads turned to see the eldest Beifong sister, standing on a small pile of rubble, with Queen Leilani beside her.

Korra smiled to see the metalbender. "Lin!"

"Mother!" Luna and Celestia rushed towards their mother.

"Oh, thank goodness! I was so worried!" Leilani kissed her daughters' cheeks and stroked their manes.

"We both were." Lin said. She nearly lost her footing when Pinkie Pie ambushed her with a great big bear hug.

"Awwww! You do love us!"

Lin rolled her eyes at the gesture but patted the anthro pony's back none the less. "Don't push it, Pinkie."

"Well, you people and ponies are going to have to fight her alone." said Varrick, "She just blew up our factory with all our hummingbird suits."

Sunset Shimmer's face lit up, "Not all of them. There are the prototypes back at Asami's office. If we can get those ready to fly, we'll at least be able to offer a little air support."

Korra turned to the Beifong family, "Su, you take Baatar Jr. and the rest of the wounded back to Asami's office." she said before turning back to her friends, "Get those suits working as soon as you can. The rest of us will just have to face Kuvira on our own."

Before they could head out, their ears caught the sound of singing in the distance. Their heads all turned to see Kuvira's mecha suit approaching the city through the waters. As the singing grew, sparkling green mist spiraled around the machine from the head down. Extra pieces of metal started to grow from its legs and arms, resembling fish-like webbings. The suit's humanoid body became curvier and more attractive and thecockpit of the machine opened up like the petals of lotus flower in bloom. Three round objects emerged and the hauntingly mesmerizing vocals could be heard even from where the heroes stood.

Aaaaahhhh

Ah, ah, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

One by one, the objects unraveled their wings and tails from around their bodies, revealing themselves to be three beautiful woman with fish-like features. Their ears were pointed and semi-transparent like that of a fish, their bodies didn't appear to have any form of clothing on, but their scales and fish-like patterns covered their private parts like swim-suits, keeping their midriffs were visibly seen.

Their legs were long and curvy with scales on the back and wore shoes that resembled like cloven hooves. They had long fish like tails with transparent fins that moved with fluid grace like a ribbon dancing underneath the waves. Their arms were partly colored and covered with scales and fins. On their chests they each carried a diamond shaped stone that glowed as they sang. A pair of fin-like wings grew from their backs, moving gently and slowly with effortless grace.

They were Adagio, Aria…and Kuvira.

Now with their magic restored, they had transformed into their own anthro siren forms, and since Kuvira had already been exposed to their magic, choosing their darkness over the Magic of Friendship, she had become one of them. Her design was identical to that of her new fellow sirens, only her color scheme was green like her stone, her hair was in a bun with long strands framing both sides of her face. Her hair was now tainted with a very dark green hue which blended with not only the blackness of her hair, but also the blackness of her heart.

Adagio's color was yellow while Aria's was purple. Their singing was heard far and wide, the machine moving in flawless sync with their notes.Kuvira's voice was loud and gorgeous like herself, but just as wicked and terrifying as well.

Korra's eyes widened in horror at the sight. It was too late, Kuvira had bonded with the sirens. Now they truly were unstoppable.

"This doesn't look good." said Bolin, looking on in terror.

(~)

Back at the train station, the remaining civilians gathered together, trying to shield themselves and each other from the falling debris around them. The station itself trembled, frightening the smaller children, some had already started to cry. Pema climbed on top of a bench, grabbing the frantic crowd's attention. Princess Cadance and P'Li stood by her side.

"Everyone, please settle down. The trains should be returning to pick us up soon."

"Tell that mecha jerk to settle down." a man in the audience shouted, pointing his finger towards the skylight, where they could see the mecha suit marching its way towards them. "She's the one blowing up the whole city!"

The train conductor climbed up onto the bench, standing right next to Pema. "I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but I just heard on the radio that Kuvira's army has destroyed the train tracks. We're not getting out of the city by rail."

Mako and Bolin's cousin Tu, accompanied by Mako's spirit children, Ali, Mika and San, also jumped up onto the bench behind Pema, pinning her between himself and the conductor. "Everyone! I was just up on the observation deck and saw a bunch of mecha suit soldiers heading this way! And Kuvira's now turned into an evil fish-like monster with other two just like her!"

The man from earlier frantically pulled on his his air, "Oh great! The giant wasn't enough, now we've got evil fish monsters?! It's over! We're all gonna get blown to bits!"

Wu then jumped onto the bench right behind the conductor, holding onto his back shoulders for support, cramming all four people at once. Tu nearly fell back due to the many people now standing on the small bench all at once, only to have Ali, Mika and San balance him back by tugging onto his short sleeves. They certainly had good muscles for such little spirits.

"Listen everyone, I can get us out of here if you just sit tight." Wu said to the crowd, then addressed the conductor himself. "Can you step off the bench, please? It's a little crowded up here."

"Sure. I'm only the conductor. No one needs me on the bench." the conductor muttered bitterly as he stepped down, and Wu took the center to try and ease the frantic audience.

"Just stay calm. I'll be right back. Tu, you're coming with me." The prince turned to Tu, grabbing his wrist and leading him off the bench.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Where are you going?" the man in the audience asked, causing the two boys to nearly fall off. The two regained their balance just in the nick of time, thanks to the three lizard spirits.

"I'm going to get some help." Wu said before turning back towards Pema, Cadance and P'Li. "You ladies think you can handle this unruly mob for a little while?"

Cadance smiled confidently, "Please, I once faced a changeling queen, a shadow king, a giant pony-eating worm and raised a super powerful baby alicorn."

P'Li scoffed, "I took down a former FireLord and a dragon in one blast."

Pema smiled confidently, "Yeah, well, I raised Meelo."

The other two remained silent, their eyes darting towards one another then back at Pema. "You win." they both said in unison.

As Wu made his way across the crowd with Tu behind him, he was stopped by his aunt. "Wu, you better not be up to anything fishy." she said seriously.

"Trust me, Aunty. I'm gonna make you the proudest retired-queen ever!"

(~)

The group managed to get away from the machine and the sirens by hiding in an alleyway. The streets were completely deserted. Fluttershy peaked her head before turning back to the others. "I don't see them."

Korra and Sonata both sat on the ground in distraught. Neither of them could believe what they had just seen. Especially Korra. "It's over. She's one of them now." she hugged her legs, her voice cracking. Both Mako and Twilight crunched down in an attempt to comfort her.

"How are we suppose to stop them and that giant machine?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"There's only one way." Sonata said, now all eyes were on her. Her voice was serious and deprived of emotion, which was rare to hear. "They now control it with their singing. If we can take them down, the machine will be powerless. And since Kuvira is the one who gave them their power…."

"No! I can't hurt Kuvira!" Korra protested.

"Believe me, it's the last thing I would ever suggest, and I don't like it anymore than you do, but--"

"No, I mean I really can't." Korra clarified. Sonata was surprised by this until Korra revealed, "Alicorns can't kill. It's not in our nature."

Sonata turned to the other alicorns, who remained silent. Korra spoke the truth, none of them could take away a life. They could help fight, but that was it. For them, killing was not an option.

Twilight stood up, "No one is killing anyone. We have to think of another way to stop them."

"You guys think that musical counter spell is back on the table?" Mako asked hopefully while assisting his fiance back to her feet.

"If we can unleash it from the highest building we can find, we may have a chance. First we have to figure out a way to distract them so they don't see it coming. For that, we're going to need everyone's help."

They heard the sound of faint singing in the distance. Everyone emerged from their hiding place and raced down the empty streets. Meelo came to an abrupt half near the window and pressed his hands against the glass.

"A paint store? That's it!" Meelo then blew the door right off its hinges with a single air blast.

"What are you doing, Meelo?" Lin asked in an authoritative tone. For a woman who never wanted kids, she certainly had the maternally stern tone down.

"I just got an idea how to beat the giant. Now, everyone, grab some paint and find me some balloons!"

"Here you go!" Right out of nowhere, Pinkie Pie handed him a handful of balloons on strings. Meelo happily took them without question.

"Thanks!"

"Where did you get those?" Lin asked the pony.

Pinkie Pie scoffed. "After knowing me for years you still don't know how I work?"

(~)

Aaaaahhhh

Ah, ah, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

The sirens's song willed the machine to continue marching through the streets of the city. Their bodies moving swiftly and elegantly, synchronizing their seductive movements with the steps of the machine, the rounded surface from where the head should have been served as the perfect stage for them to showcase not only their great weapon, but also their own monstrous beauty.

Sirens always loved the attention, especially when no one else had any say in the matter. Kuvira moved alongside Adagio and Aria, her song flowing out of her like a river, and twice as clear. The other two wore broad smiles as they sang, but Kuvira's was lukewarm. Her eyes and overall expression was stern and focused, yet the smallest hint of a smirk was still evident upon closer inspection.

The rest of the airbender brigade flew over the city, each with brightly multicolored balloons strapped to the front of their bodies. Humans and pony airebenders ran across the rooftops before taking to the skies in perfect formation. Among them were Opal and her friend Starlight Glimmer, along with the rest of Tenzin's family.

Adagio briefly stopped singing when she spotted something in the distance approaching them. As they drew nearer, she recognized them as the airbenders.She chuckled coyly.

"Awww, it's the brave Airbenders coming to save the day." Her eyes narrowed, but her devilish smile grew even wider with wicked glee. With all three of their voices harmonizing as once, the sirens created a sonic wave that would be sure to get them all under their spell. But, to their surprise, none of them airbenders appeared to be effected. They kept coming at them with expressions of disapproval, anger and rebellion. Adagio, Aria and Kuvira's eyes widened in shock.

"What? Why isn't our spell working?"

"Because they know what they are up against!" The sirens turned their heads up to see Queen Leilani hovering over them. Their old foe.

"Leilani!"

"You may have been able to control others before with your magic, but these airbenders carry within them something far greater."

The sirens's anger grew. They knew that love weakened their spell, and these airbenders now knew that. The love in their hearts protected them like a shield.

Never the less, Adagio chuckled, "No matter. By the time we're through, you airbenders are going to wish you stayed extinct."

The sirens vocalized in order to get the machine's weapon to aim and fire at the brigade. The beam began to manifest and strike the airbenders, but was deflected by a shield created by Leilani herself. The queen and the beam fought for dominance but Leilani could feel her energy fading fast. This power was a convergence of two types of magic; Equestrian dark magic, spirit vine magic and technology.

Thankfully, her plan wasn't to defeat it right then and there, but to give the airbenders the chance to scatter away. The sirens sang louder and louder as Leilani continued to fight the beam with all of her might. Celestia and Luna flew down and assisted their mother, striking it with their own magic.

The battle between sirens and Alicorns commenced while the airbenders took flight and swarmed around the sirens who continued to attack the alicorns. Aria unleashed sonic wave from her mouth at Kai and Bumi, both of which fell out of the sky, only to be caught in mid flight by Starlight Glimmer's magic.

The impact of the siren's magic as well as the spirit powered energy beam began to take its toll on the alicorns. They couldn't hold off much longer.

On the ground, Lin, Wei, Wing, Mako and Bolin looked up at the machine from behind a building down bellow. A large spool of wire for the metalbenders to use stood behind Mako.

The alicorns's energy finally gave way and they nearly fell to the ground, until regaining momentum with their wings. The sirens aimed their weapon at the airbenders, but they kept on coming. Adagio growled in anger and attempted to swat them all away. Meelo, seeing his chance, landed and ran across the outstretched arm that held to the arm cannon, using his airbending to spin his balloons around and aimed them towards the sirens.

"Bombs away!" he shouted.

Jinora and Tenzin flew by, unleashing the same balloons at them, covering their bodies, hair and faces with nothing but purple paint. The sirens shrieked in anger. More and more airbenders continued throwing their paint, which prevented them from being able to see where they were.

They continued unleashing various sonic waves from their mouths at random, while trying to rub the paint from their eyes, unable to tell where they were striking, the airbenders nimbly avoiding the uncoordinated attacks. The sirens were forced to lower down their stage back into the machine into the control room cockpit. They managed to clean their faces off of the purple wet substance, but grew even more agitated when more of the paint got splattered on their windshields.

With them distracted, Korra and the Mane Six teleported onto a roof of a nearby building, facing the machine as the airbenders continued assaulting it with paint.

"Clear the glass!" Adagio ordered. With their converged singing, they activated the nozzle sprays of water, which cleared up the windows, allowing them to have a clear view of the airbenders… and the Elements facing from not too far away.

Tenzin landed on the lower half of that very same building, his feet siding off the surface until he stopped, and called out to Korra.

"Now!"

The Mane Seven placed their fists against their palms and started harmonizing as one. Elements of Harmony manifesting onto their chests, increasing the sounds of their voices.

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah, ah,

Aaahhh, ahhhh

Adagio Aria and Kuvira hissed and snarled savagely as the voices of the heroines penetrated even through their thick glass. They quickly caught onto their plan. They were using a magical counter spell like they used to defeat them last time.

Korra;

You think you got the best of me

Think you had the last laugh

Bet you think that everything good is gone

Twilight;

Think you left me broken down

Think that I'd come running back

Baby, you don't know me

Cause you're dead wrong


The Mane Seven;

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely

When I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes you a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean we're over

Cause you're done

What doesn't kill you makes you

Stronger!

Stronger!

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

The seven friends sang louder and stronger, making the siren Kuvira cover her hears and shriek with pain. The pure singing was like a knife cutting into her head. As the song continued, Lin swung on down, landing on the mecha suit's right foot while her nephews landed on the left one. At the same time they attempted to metalbend the joints apart, but to no avail.

"The joints are platinum, too!" Lin cried out before leaping off with her nephews in tow. "We can't metalbend any of it!"

Bolin ran forward, "You're about to get the world's largest hot foot, sirens!" he shouted, creating a pull of hot lava around the mecha tank's left foot, spreading it out an causing the foot to sink into the ground. The sirens nearly tumbled over one another at the sudden shift in balance.

The Mane Seven's singing grew even stronger. Siren Kuvira clenched her head, palms over her ears in a desperate, but futile attempt to block them out. She felt she was loosing her mind. Or at least, what remained of it.

Mane Seven:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely

When I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes you

Stronger!!!

Kuvira shrieked louder and louder as the singing continued, trying pathetically to shield her ears from the noise. Adagio clenched her teeth, "Quit your whining, you pathetic fool! Use your voice!"

The siren Kuvira managed to snap herself out of it long enough for her and the other sirens to sing in unison. Their song in same tune with the Elements' counter song.

Kuvira and sirens;

Oh, now we're starting over with something new

Think that you can take us on

Well, news for you

At long last we've come back

We've come back swinging

You try to break us, but you're dead wrong

Ah, ah, ah, aaaahhhhh

As they sang, Lin and the twins bended the spools of wire around the mecha's legs, tangling them together.

"Hit it now!" Bolin called out from above, and Korra and the Mane Six harmonized once more as they entered the Avatar state, hitting the high note,

Mane Seven;

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Stand a little taller!

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!

Stronger!!

Nowhere you can hide

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Stronger!!

From their voices, the girls unleashed a sonic rainbow wave at the machine, causing it to lean back. The sirens screeching in agony from the inside, trying so hard to cover up their ears as the sonic wave of beautiful harmonizing female voices. The hot lava on their large foot and their legs wrapped together by the metal wires, and the entire air nation unleashing a converged wind blast only furthered the machine's evident, and literally, downfall.

In a desperate attempt to get back on track, Kuvira unleashed a powerful sound wave from her mouth, her haunting harmonizing, alongside the sirens activated the arm cannon, causing it to fire aimlessly all around.

The girls quickly ducked when the beam came over their heads, shielding one another. Their singing stopped due to the fire and witnessed the beam strike several buildings behind the one they currently stood on, causing them all to explode all at once.

The airbenders continued blasting at the machine and the girls carried on with their singing, creating yet another sonic sound wave at the machine.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely

When I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes you a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over…

What doesn't kill you makes you

Stronger!

Thanks to their singing, along with the airbenders's help, the machine was knocked back even further. It desperately grabbed a nearby building, the pressure of its hand crushing it into crumble.

The metal cables around its legs finally snapped and broke loose. If the sirens weren't angry before, they certainly were now. Fusing mad with the eyes of psychopaths, the sirens aimed their weapon at the airbenders.

Witnessing the cannon about to fire, the airbenders scattered right before the beam struck the building. The impact knocked them off balance, sending them flying and falling onto the ground, or striking against other building that--for the moment--were still standing.

That same blast also knocked Korra and the other Elements off into the air. Using her magic, and quick thinking, Twilight teleported all of them safely to the streets bellow, witnessing the cannon strike several more buildings, leaving behind an array of fire, thunder and destruction in its path.

Smoke rose from the damage and small specks of ember fell from the sky, disappearing into nothingness once they hit the ground. Scattered across the streets airbenders were spread out. Some groaned as they stood back up, their cloths torn and singed, while others looked either unconscious or unable to get up due to possible broken limbs.

Guilt flashed before Korra's eyes. The last thing she ever wanted was for anyone else to get hurt. Mako, Bolin and Lin came in through an alleyway, rushing to assist the other airbenders.

"Opal!" Lin cried out in distraught, rushing to her niece and cradling her in her arms. She was in tact, but groaned and weakly nodded to her aunt in an attempt to let her know she was alright.

Clouds of fire rose up, but they weren't enough to hide the upper torso of the mecha suit. Gears went off as it turned around, looking at the airbenders, ready to finish the job. The Elements each assisted an injured airbender.

While hoisting Moon Dancer's arm over her shoulder, Korra quickly started barking orders. "Everyone retreat! Take the wounded back to Asami's office!"

"I'll meet you there!" Lin exclaimed, "I'm going to see if I can find any help!" she gently handed Opal to Bolin, who took her bridal style, and hurried back to the side alleyway from which she had previously emerged.

With their singing, the sirens fired the spirit energy cannon at the others as they fled into the alleyways of the city, using the smoke to hide themselves as they made their escape.

(~)

At Future Industries, Varrick twists the wreck to tighten the bolts as firmly as he could. The hummingbird suit was exactly as depicted in Asami's schematics, right down to the details of the wings. The machines were built for two people in order for it to work. Asami took the top half while Zhu Li took the lower half.

Spike and Flash Sentry stood by observing. The two boys remained with them, helping in any way they could. Flash understood plenty about engineering, he wasn't an expert but he understood the basics, and Spike was always the best assistant.

Sunset Shimmer was adding the finishing touches to a special new gadget she and Asami made just for Spike. It was like a jetback, only with bat like wings to strap into his back. It had two handles for Spike to control it with.

"Okay, Spike. Give it a test run."

Spike pressed the button on one of the control handles and pushed them forward to stir. Soon the little dragon was flying across the room, the rocket's smoke emitting from behind.

"Whoa! This is awesome! Now I can be a firebreathing AND flying dragon! Yahoo!" he cheered before landed perfectly. "Thanks Sunset!"

Varrick wiped the sweat from his brown and closed the hatch. "Alright, let's fire it up again!" he proudly tossed the wretch into the air, where it spun several times before he caught it flawlessly in his hand.

Asami closed the lip of the first cockpit and began tampering with the controls, silently praying it would work this time around. The mechanical, yet feathery wings sprung out and flapped about rapidly, mirroring their namesake counterparts to a T.

Spike, Flash and Sunset watched with eagerness, and crossed fingers, as the machine took off, hovering a couple feet above ground. For a few seconds, it looked to be in good shape, until the machine started to go about erratically. Asami tried to force it upright, but when that didn't work she went forward, but the machine refused to comply.

"I can't stabilize it!" Asami exclaimed from inside.

"I thought you said you fixed the hydraulics." Sunset snapped at Varrick.

"I did!" Varrick snapped back before addressing Asami, "Twist harder!"

Asami, unsurely, did so but the machine went about like a disoriented moth and crashed into a pile of boxes. Sunset, Flash and Spike grimaced while covering their eyes, but daring to peak through only after the machine had stopped working and the two cockpits opened up.

Asami blew a strand of hair from her forehead before stepping out at the same time as Zhu Li.As Varrick hurried over to assist them, Starlight Glimmer bursted into the room.

"I hope you have something in here that can take out a platoon of mecha suits. Kuvira's troops are headed this way!"

Varrick tapped on his chin for a few seconds, the gears in his brain turning and a metaphorical light bulb went off in his head. "I know how to take down some mecha suits and it just might take down that giant, too. Asami, disconnect anything electrical in here until we get back. Zhu Li, let's go."

As the two engineers ran out, Spike rose a claw, ears dropping. "Um, should we be relieved, or concerned?" the young dragon asked.

"Yes." Asami, Flash and Sunset all replied in unison, which didn't reassure him in the slightest.

(~)

On the factory's upper floor, Suyin watched the group through the glass window. Hearing a low moan coming from the other side of the room made her return to her chair, facing her eldest son, laying on a flat table.

He stirred awake, his hair a mess and cloths torn, but he was physically in tact, aside from a few minor scars on his left cheek. "Where am I? Mom?"

"Just rest, son. I'm here." Suyin caressed his head like she used to do when he was young. But Baatar Jr. couldn't even look her in the eye. How could she be so calm after everything he had put her through?

"Mom…I'm so sorry. I betrayed you, the whole family. I gave my life to Kuvira and she just fired that weapon at me."

He finally dared to look at his mother, wanting some form of comfort after experiencing such a crippling betrayal from the one he assumed loved him as much as he loved her.

"How could she do that?"

"I don't know, sweetie." Suyin replied, unsure on how else to explain what happened. "She's a complicated person."

Baatar Jr. turned to his side to push himself to sit upright. His body didn't ache, but his heart certainly felt heavy within his chest. As if he had just swallowed concrete and his legs were now nonexistent.

"Wing and Wei will never forgive me. And Opal." He bit the inside of his cheek as a form to punish himself. She tried to warn him about Kuvira, they all did, but he wouldn't listen. He refused to.

"Yeah, they might take some time to come around. But, maybe if I hadn't been so stubborn, I would have said things differently. To both of you." Suyin gently took her son by the hand, kissing his cheek. "We can't change what happened, but we'll all work it out. As a family."

Baatar Jr. still wasn't sure how he was going to get over this, but seeing the forgiveness and unconditional love in his mother's eyes reassured him of her words. Kuvira may have turned her back on him, but regardless on what he did, his mother never truly gave up on him, even when she was angry. No matter the mistakes he made, it did not change her love for him.

He finally realized where his home truly was… it was right here.

(~)

Do you think this plan will actually work, sir?" Zhu Li asked as she climbed behind Varrick up the metal tower on the roof of the warehouse.

"I know I can stop the mecha suits with an electromagnetic pulse, so it stands to reason that I can stop a giant mecha suit with a giant electromagnetic pulse!"

Zhu Li simply shrugged and went along with his plan. It was second nature to her now. Once at the top, the two got to work on cutting and rearranging the wires. All the while Varrick kept darting his eyes back and forth between his work and his assistant. A light breeze caught her hair, causing a few strands to stick to her face.

"Zhu Li, I've been thinking."

"You're always thinking, sir." she replied somewhat blankly.

"Yes. But lately, I've been thinking about you."

Zhu Li looked up from what she was doing as Varrick continued talking. His voice--and his eyes--were soft. It was very unlike him.

"I know we might not make it out of this mess alive, and I feel like there are some things I should tell you."

"There are?" Zhi Li couldn't stop the smile that formed across her lips.

"I remember when I was a boy, I had an ostrich horse. Named her Mrs. Beaks." Varrick said as he continued working on the wires. Zhu Li's smile evaporated and her brows furrowed. She should have expected as much. She allowed the disappointment to roll of her shoulders and proceeded with her work, letting Varrick ramble on about his ostrich-horse.

"I grew up on a farm. Did I ever tell you that, Zhu Li? This was before the circus people took me away. Anyway, I loved old Mrs. Beaks, but I took her for granted."

Zhu Li's eyes looked up at her boss, but her attention was targeted at what was behind him. "You'll have to finish your story later." Varrick turned his head around to see what she was talking about. Kuvira's troops were range.

The two quickly headed down from the tower, where spools of metal wires were spread out and connected to the tower bellow. Zhu Li puled out a small control with a single switch in her hand. She took in a deep breath to calm her agitated nerves.

"Okay, I hope this works." she flipped the switch and the top of the tower buzzed loudly it nearly pierced through Varrick and Zhu Li's ear drones. They covered their ears as the buzzing grew louder. Just like before at the outpost, an electromagnetic pulse shot from the tower, spreading across the city.

Varrick and Zhu Li stood upright, lowering their hands from their ears and pulled out their binoculars to watch the platoon of mecha suits all stopped working, falling into a hep of useless metal.

Varrick thrusted his fists into the air. "Yes! Dead in their tracks." sadly, his victory was short lived, for the siren-mecha was still approaching. The electromagnetic pulse had no effect on it whatsoever.

"Oh, rats! She's still coming. Zhu Li, do the thing!"

But for the first time ever, the calm-under-pressure woman froze in place. "I'm afraid there are no more things to do."

(~)

"What was that?" Aria asked her sister.

"I don't know, but it shut down the mecha suits."

"Varrick…" Kuvira managed to say. Since transforming into a siren, her mind began to wonder. She could hardly speak, only sing. As if singing was all she was programed to do now. There was still a bit of her human mind left inside, but it was fading bit by bit.

"What?"

"Varrick…electric…pulse."

Adagio clenched her fists in anger. "I never did like him."

"Now what?" Aria asked.

"Now, we find the source of that pulse. Wherever it is, that's where we'll find the Elements of Harmony." she turned to the speakers within the cockpit, commanding the rest of Kuvira's troops, which were now under Adagio's command now.

"Third and forth mecha platoons, move in and capture anyone left in the city… show no mercy."

(~)

"Varrick, how come your electro-thingy shut down the small mecha suits but not the big one?" Sonata asked.

"Because it's powered with spirit vine energy." Baatar Jr. explained. He, and the rest of Team Avatar Harmony, along with his mother, Tenzin and his children, the alicorns, and Suyin were all gathered within the Future Industries workshop.

"Not to mention the added dark magic from the sirens." said Rainbow Dash.

"So, it's magic and technology completely converged into one being." Sunset concluded, unable to contain her astonishment. "Incredible. Nothing like this has ever been achieved before!"

"Indeed. Too bad it's being used to eradicate everything and everyone within a hundred yards!" Rarity exclaimed with a huff and folded arms.

Sunset bashfully scratched the back of her neck. "Well, yeah. Cool discovery, but very, very bad use of it."

"How are we supposed to beat something like that?" Flash asked, his attention more on Baatar Jr. "You built that thing, you must know some way to stop it."

Baatar Jr. hung his head in regret from where he sat. "I'm sorry. I wish I could help you, but it's unstoppable."

"It's not."

A voice, once many had not heard in years, was heard. Silence quickly engulfed afterwards and a figure emerged from the door. An elderly man with spectacles stepped forward, his eyes worn and softened after years of imprisonment.

"Dad?" Asami's breath caught in her throat. By pure instinct, Bolin placed a protective hand on his fiance's shoulder, eyeing the man suspiciously.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Pinkie Pie suddenly started screaming in terror, making everyone cover their ears. At the annoyed looks she got, the pony covered her mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry! Force of habit."

Luna arched an eyebrow, "What is Hiroshi Sato doing here?" she asked rather suspiciously.

"I got him out of jail to help." Lin said as she walked in and stood beside the man, "I figured we need all the geniuses we can get our hands on. If the prison's still standing after all this is over, we can throw him back in."

Hiroshi lowered his head in shame, "I know what you all must think of me, but I love Republic City and I would do anything to save her."

Korra and the rest of the team looked at one another, all sharing the same thought on whether or not to let Hiroshi help them. They've had their fair share of reformed villains, but just because they were forgiving that didn't mean they were naive or foolish.

Seeing their hesitation, along with the regret in Hiroshi's eyes, and Asami's own internal struggle evident in her expression, Bolin stepped forward and spoke on the older man's behalf.

"Come on, guys. Give him a chance. I know Hiroshi's made some mistakes in the past but, who hasn't?" from the back, Sunset, Varrick and Baatar Jr. all shared looks of remorse. "Besides, criminal or not, he's still Asami's family. That makes him my family too."

"You must be Bolin, Asami's boyfriend." Hiroshi said, smiling at the earthbender. "My daughter has told me so much about you."

"He's not my boyfriend, dad." Asami said. Bolin's eyes flashed with worry until she smiled and intertwined her fingers with his. "He's also my fiance. And he's right. You do deserve a second chance. I trust you."

Asami turned to the others, all of which nodded in agreement. If their friends were going to trust Hiroshi, they all were.

Hiroshi smiled in relief, and his eyes beamed with pride. "Thank you. I'm very happy for you, sweetie. And I'm especially happy you choose someone else instead of that firebender boy."

Mako cleared his throat and waved his hand, "Um, I'm right here."

"Don't get me wrong. It's not because you're a firebender, you just never really seemed like the right fit for my daughter. No offense."

"None taken." Mako replied with a casual wave of the hand, while Korra smiled at him.

"So, you have an idea on how to defeat this thing?" Applejack asked.

"You must act like an infection. Break the skin and attack its vital organs, disconnect the heart and the brain and this beast cannot live."

"Okay, but how are we going to get inside?" Twilight asked. "The suit's a combination of magic and technology. Even our counter spell wasn't enough."

"We may not have a giant mechanical monstrosity like they do, but we do have magic and technology on our side. We just have to use them hand in hand."

"How do we do that?" Fluttershy asked.

"Future Industries has plasma saws for cutting platinum." Hiroshi said, "If we had one on the mecha suit--"

"But the saws are way too big." Asami stated, "We'd never get the suits off the ground."

"I think I can add an electrical element to the welding torch on your suit and convert it into a plasma saw. Then we'll just have to land on the giant an cut open a hole big enough for someone to get in."

"What if the saws aren't enough to cut it open?" Luna asked.

Celestia's ears perked upwards in realization. "Maybe not alone, but with our magic we can create enough physical damage to the exterior!" she turned to Hiroshi, looking determined. "We'll strike the beast with everything we've got. All you have to do is land on the exact spots of the damage where the surface will be at it's weakest and cut it open."

Korra's eyes widened, "Magic and technology, hand in hand. It's brilliant!"

"Told you." Sunset said with a smug.

"We'll have to attack in a swarm to try to keep you all safe in the hummingbird suits." Leilani said.

Twilight nodded in agreement, "Let's do it."

"Good luck, everyone." Leilani said, "And may the Rainbow be with us."

(~)

"Oh, first he ate the fruit, then he ate the leaves. Hungry little lemur, ate up all my trees." Pema clapped her hands once she finished her song, "Okay, great job everybody. Who's got another song for us?"

The air acolyte woman sat cross legged on the bench, having tried everything she could to entertain the crowd, which had already grown bored. As tired as they looked, at least they weren't screaming in panic, which was good. But, Pema wasn't sure how long she could keep it up.

P'Li stood behind the bench, straight and keeping guard while Cadance hovered over the audience, using her magic to generate a protective force field around the station.

"This is ridiculous!" said the one man who snapped at Wu earlier. While everyone else looked tired and bored, he was just irritated."We can't just sit around here singing old airbender songs until we're all captured, or worse."

Pema tried to once again even the tension. "Should we play the button game? Who has a button?"

P'Li groaned, the first sound she had made in a while. "What's taking that prince so long? How you holding up there, Cadance?"

The alicorn princess grunted as she maintained her arms up, her horn glowing along with the blue forcefield around the place, "I'm a little rusty with large force fields, but other than that, pretty good."

The evacuees, Pema, P'Li and Cadance suddenly turned their heads when they heard pounding noises coming from the opening. Everyone gasped and stared in astonishment, and or bewilderment when two large badgermoles came into view, with Tu and Wu ridding on their backs. The large furry brown creatures stopped in front of the evacuees and started sniffing them. A few little ones walked on up and happily petted their wet noses, which pleased the furry beasts quite a lot. As massive as they were, they were gentle giants.

Hou-Ting's eyes were comically wide and her jaw had dropped, leaving for P'Li to close it for her. "Wu, where did you get these badgermoles?!"

"The zoo! Mako and Flash always hated my singing, but they love it!"

Cadance turned her attention to the prince down bellow, her arms trembling and droplets of sweat starting to run down her face. "So, how exactly are these badgermoles suppose to help?"

"They're the best earthbenders around! We can use them to tunnel out of the city without Kuvira's troops spotting us."

Hout-Ting smiled proudly, "That's my boy." then her nose began to twitch, "Ah..ah….AHCHO!!" she sniffed and rubbed her nose, "Still proud."

"Are you sure this is the best plan?" The frustrated evacuee from earlier asked, reluctant to follow a buffoon prince riding a giant rodent…. right up until another blast from the spirit cannon came firing onto the side of the station, nearly bouncing off of Cadance's protection spell. The blast was so loud and powerful, even Cadance herself was thrown back in mid air, but managed to keep herself airborne, despite feeling the hit through her force field.

The man pointed onwards, "Let's follow the moles!"

"Everyone hurry!" Cadance instructed, still keeping her force field up.

"What about you?" Pema asked.

"I'll be right behind you. Go, now!"

Wu then started singing which, strangely enough, sounded somewhat worse than when he did a whole musical number before his coronation. "Badgermoles, digging holes, under Republic City. Got to run away from Kuvira today, although I do still think she's pretty."

As he sang, the badgermoles earthbended a hole beneath the train tracks, wide enough for everyone to walk in. Once everyone was safely out, Cadance ceased her magic and followed the others, joining with P'Li and Pema.

(~)

Burning buildings were seen everywhere, while Adagio, Aria and Kuvira continued walking across the city, looking for their pray. Since they no longer needed anyone to help control the machine, they did all the technical work using their magic to find the source of the magnetic pulse.

Adagio spoke to their followers through the speakers. They were by far the ones who were much deeper under their spell, having been exposed to their magic and power almost as long as had Kuvira. Their hold on them now was even greater than before. Unlike with Varrick and Bolin who managed to break free due to 'love'. These people were completely devoted to Kuvira, and as a result, devoted to the Sirens.

"Mech platoons, report." Adagio said to her people through the receiver.

"Third platoon, no sign of anyone so far."

"Fourth platoon, en route to train station."

Kuvira's eyes widened when she spotted Future Industries toward from afar. She had seen the place and looked up at the metal tower at the very top. Something inside her mind just clicked. She pointed her finger forward, the only thing that came from her mouth was a wordless vocalizing and Adagio and Aria directed their eyes to the building.

"You think that's where the pulse came from?" Aria asked.

As Adagio looked at it, she could already sense the positive, disgusting energy coming from within it. She knew they were there. She smiled wickedly.

"That's the place."

(~)

Team Avatar and their allies awaited as Asami, Hiroshi, Varrick and Zhu Li worked on the hummingbird suits. Korra tapped her foot anxiously until Daw came running in with dire news.

"Kuvira is headed our way!"

Korra's eyes widened. Kuvira and the sirens were drawing near and the engineers were still hard at work. "How long will it take to get the plasma saws ready?" Korra asked.

"Just a few more minutes." Asami replied under her welding mask.

"Get out there as soon as you can."

"If you do manage to get inside, find the engine room." Bataar Jr. said. "There are two emergency levers. If you switch them off at the same time, you'll cut the power."

Korra nodded her head in gratitude. "Thank you."

Twilight spoke next, "We may not be able to fight the sirens and that machine at once, but if we manage to slow it down we can take them head on."

Korra placed her knuckle hear her chin, "It's still risky, but risky is what we're best at. Let's go!"

"WAIT!!"

Everybody flinched at Rarity's incredibly loud shriek, "If we are going to be saving the world, we should do it…in style!" she pulled out a clothing rank, filled with epic-looking two piece jumpsuits. Korra and the Mane Six's were identically, but each designed with their cutie marks on the sides, fingerless gloves, and open shoulders, around the sleeves. She also had some jackets and pants with cool-looking boots for the boys, Mako's was styled with flames and was red while Bolin's was green. She even had one for Asami and Sunset Shimmer.

"When did you make all of those?" Mako asked, rather surprised.

"After knowing me for years, you still don't know how I work?"

(~)

The giant mecha suit strolled through the city like it owned it, which in Adagio's mind, could not have been more true. It turned to a street corner, where the three sirens spotted an amusing sight.

Team Avatar Harmony, including that meddling Sunset Shimmer and their bubble headed traitor of a sister, stood alongside the Alicorns and Beifong family, all ready to fight against their might. Adagio had to suppress a chuckle. If she laughed anymore at this her sides would hurt.

They all looked so certain they could actually win this time. For grown adults, they were as idealistic as preteens. It was high time they woke up.

The rest of the team scattered on opposite sides, leaving only Korra, Twilight, Celestia, Luna and Leilani to face the mechanical beast. Spreading their wings they rose just as the mecha siren prepared to fire its cannon.

Korra and Twilight flew side by side, evading the blast which tore up the city street and destroying even more buildings in its path. While the two were keeping it busy. Leilani, Luna and Celestia flew above it's head, and started blasting at it in specific spots from behind. Areas where the others could cut right through.

They didn't hold back, they channeled all of their righteous fury onto these attacks to make certain these dents were big enough.

The machine whirled around, and prepared to blast at the alicorns. Seeing their chance, Twilight and Korra flew up from behind the machine and continued blasting it from behind, while the other alicorns evaded the next blast. With their wings and force fields, the alicorns managed to survive each attack. Their plan was working flawlessly. One team would distract the machine, while the others would blast at the machine while it was focusing on another target.

Each impact left a mark on it, but even so it wasn't enough to break the sirens down. Just as expected. They got back up again and unleashed a vocal high note, so powerful it blasted the alicorns way. They managed to regain altitude rather quickly.

Pinkie Pie blew on a horn and shouted, "Airbenders away!"

She, along with Fluttershy, and a team of airbenders swarmed around the machine, flying around it attempts to knock them down from the sky, while the alicorns continued their barrage of attacks. The mecha suit readied its weapon at the alicorns, but the airbenders all gathered together, creating a powerful tornado as they all swarmed downwards, pushing the cannon as they came. The blast instead struck the ground, and the powerful blast made the machine fall back, crashing against another building.

The sirens managed to keep themselves balanced, their wings outstretched and sharp like blades, reflecting their anger, which grew as the airbenders flew right pass them. Meelo landed on the surface of their window, pressing his face against it, his breath staining the glass and staring at them with his signature creepy stare.

The sirens grimaced before growling in irritation. Being bested by a bunch of veggie loving air nomads was one thing, but now a mere child had the audacity to make fun of them? Aria scoffed in disgust and attempted to swat Meelo away with their giant mechanical arm.

Meelo flew away at the very last minute, and instead Aria wounded up hitting the mecha itself, making it look like they were face palming themselves. Adagio, as a result, hut Aria at the back of her head.

"Ow!"

"You idiot!"

Adagio let out a note which made the cannon fire again, trying to hit Meelo, but instead it was Jinora who was caught in its line of fire.

"Jinora!"

Tenzin swooped in just in time to grab his eldest daughter out of the way, but he wasn't quick enough for the beam narrowly missed them. The heavy weight made Tenzin tumble and loose momentum and consciousness in mid air. Ikki and Meelo came to their aid in the nick of time. Ikki scooped her older sister and landed to the side of a building, while Meelo caught his father on his back, using his airbending to cushion their fall, since Meelo alone couldn't carry his middle aged father.

Once on the ground, which had been completely demolished from the many times it was hit by the cannon, Meelo gently shook his father's shoulder and he awoke. He smiled proudly at his son, but the relief was short lived when the shadow of the mecha suit loomed over them.

Bolin and Applejack stood on the roof of a building, while the Beifong sisters stood on the second next door. The four of them grunted, arms trembling at the incredible force they placed into pushing the tallest building before them forward to where the machine was. The sirens gasped as their beautiful creation was pinned down by the building, which crumbled, keeping them trapped.

Applejack and Bolin held Lin and Su's hands as they lowered themselves down via their metal cables to join with the alicorns and Su's twin boys. The four earthbenders breathed heavily as the thick smoke from the collapsing building rose, causing the dust from the street to rise as well. The thick clouds cleared, revealing the machine underneath the wreckage.

For a moment, all was still. It seemed like the battle was won… it looked that way, until the mechanical fingers started twitching and the arm started to rise. The mecha suit punched its way through the destruction, completely unharmed, save for the many dents and black scorch spots caused by the alicorn's magic.

Despite all of their efforts, and the damages the suit received by the alicorns, it was still standing. From inside, Adagio laughed maniacally, her eyes wide and her irises shrunken to match her sadistic mentality. Even the heroes could hear that diabolical cackle from where they stood.

(~)

The badgermoles continued tunneling under the city, listening contently to Wu's singing. Sadly, everyone did not share that same sentiment. Everybody else had their ears covered to block out Wu's horrid singing, which not even the collapsing of rocks from above was enough to drown it out.

If P'Li wasn't reformed she would have blasted the young man into a fiery inferno hours ago. Cadance felt a migraine coming along asdid Mika, Ali and San, who hid underneath her wings. Hou-Ting, as proud as she was, really wanted to get out of the tunnel. If not to just get her nephew to stop singing.

This time, he was singing a thank you song for Mako and Bolin's grandmother Yin, who was probably the only one who liked hearing him, aside from the badgermoles. "Oh, Yin, you're the sweetest evacuee I've ever known. And I just want to thank you for being so kind, when I was living in your home."

Cadance groaned, "Starting to wish that cannon struck me when it had the chance."

"Halt!" The rest of the group turned around to see three mecha suits standing right behind them. They were Earth Empire soldiers, Kuvira's followers, with their mechanical arms aiming at the group. "Turn around slowly and please, stop that singing. You are all Earth Empire prisoners. Come with us and no one will get hurt."

P'Li and Cadance stood before the mechas in order to defend the crowd, but were surprised when Wu stepped forward and shielded everybody else with his arms spread wide.

"You don't need these people. They're just innocent civilians caught in the crossfire. But I'm Prince Wu, rightful leader of the Earth Kingdom." he then outstretched his hands before them, "Take me to Kuvira. I've got business with her."

"Wu, no!" his aunt protested.

Cadance placed a hand on his shoulder, "Don't do it, Wu. P'Li and I can handle this."

"No. You've done enough, Princess. Go with the others, keep them safe." Wu then turned his head to the evacuees, "But before I go, I'd like to sing you a song."

P'Li and Cadance arced an eyebrow. "On second thought, maybe we should let them take em." P'Li said, and slightly flinched when Cadance gave her a glare.

Wu opened her mouth once more and started to sing…again. "If you don't respect the broach, you don't respect me. Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You're no better than a roach, but I'm royalty. I got my badgermoles with me."

While Wu sang, much to everyone else's confusion, the badgermoles started tunneling through the walls, to which even Cadance herself face palmed at the sight. The Earth Empire sergeant arched an eyebrow and smiled in amusement, "Actually, your song is so bad, your badgermoles deserted you."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

Right on cue, the cave began to shake and the two badgermoles came bursting out of the walls, tacking the mecha suits, crushing them as a result. The men inside lived, but their weapons, everything they would have used to apprehend everyone, was destroyed. The sergeant was laying on the ground, delirious while pointing at nothing in particular.

Wu did a happy dance as he hugged his large friends. "Oh, badgermoles I love you, I love you. I want to, I want to pet your snouts." He sang before getting back on its back, waving his fist into the air in victory. The rest of the crowd cheered.

P'Li and Cadance even clapped. "His singing's not that good, but he shows great promise for a leader." said the alicorn princess. P'Li nodded in agreement.

Then, something amazing happened…Hou-Ting cried tears of joy. "That's my boy."

(~)

Spike readied his jet-pack while Asami and Hiroshi tested out their plasma saws by sowing a piece of platinum in half. The two Satos beamed with pride, seeing their experiment was a success. Hiroshi was properly seatedinside a hummingbird suit while Asami smiled proudly beside him. It felt so good to work with her father again. It was as if all the past issues, betrayals and lies didn't matter anymore. And Asami wouldn't want them to.

"If we stop that mecha giant, it will all be because of you." Asami said Hiroshi almost couldn't believe what he was hearing. He feared he would never see his look so happy, and to sound so genuinely proud of her own father.

"You're the one who designed these incredible suits." Hiroshi replied with equal pride as he held his daughter's hand, looking into her eyes--her mother's eyes--with all the love in his heart. The love that was buried deep underneath all of the hate, and was now out in the open once more.

"It's great to be working together again."

Asami smiled, looking into her father's eyes. "I love you, Dad."

"I love you, too."

"Dad."

"Yes, Asami?"

"I…I was hoping. Maybe, if Lin is okay with it, would you…come to my wedding?"

Hiroshi smiled proudly, "This young man really does make you happy, doesn't he?"

Asami smiled, her eyes showing no signs of doubt or fear. "Yes. He has for a really long time. And I know he will continue making me happy for years to come. There is no one else I'd rather be with."

"Then nothing would make me happier than to be there, seeing you walk down the isle, and hand you to the man you love."

The two shared a hug and Asami prepared to mount onto her suit. She turned to look at her little dragon friend, "You ready Spike?"

He gave her a thumbs up and activated his jet-pack, with it's wings flapping, "Ready!"

Zhu Li readied to enter her own hummingbird suit, only to stop halfway when Varrick spoke up.

"Zhu Li?"

"Yes?"

The woman turned around to face him. Her brown hair moving against her face when she spun, the light from the window capturing her beauty perfectly. Varrick, for a moment, had a frog in his throat, but managed to swallow his nervousness in order to speak…from his heart.

"I have something I need to attach before we take off." Varrick said as he took another tentative step forward. He held his hands behind his back the entire time.

"Attach to what?"

Hearing this, Asami rapidly opened her window and she and Spike eagerly watched with anticipation. Varrick took from his pocket a small purple box… and got down on one knee.

"I need to attach this ring to your finger."

Spike inhaled to gasp, until Asami covered his mouth, not once taking her eyes off of the two. Varrick opened the box, revealing a stunning emerald ring. Zhu Li's heart speeded up, holding her hands close to it, fearing it might jump right out of her chest.

"Zhu Li Moon, will you do the thing for the rest of our lives?"

The room was silent, Asami and Spike anxiously awaiting for Zhu Li's reply. Spike was seriously craving some popcorn right about now. It didn't take long for Varrick's former assistant to give him his answer.

"Yes." she said wholeheartedly, her eyes sparkling and her cheeks sprinkled pink, her heart doing a million back flips at minute.

Varrick stood up, shouting triumphantly, "Yes!" he placed the ring onto Zhu Li's finger and she leaped into his arms. The once lazy man who couldn't go five miles in the forest with Bolin and Sonata, or hoist Zhu Li before when the back of their train car was blown to bits by the spirit vine's energy, now had gained the strength of ten men, enough to carry his new fiance with one arm as they shared a passionate kiss.

"Now let's go attach these barely functional rust buckets to a giant killer smashing machine!"

"It's exactly how I always pictured our engagement."

Asami rested her face on her palm, she and Spike sighed dreamingly at the scene. Then, he realized something, "Wait. Korra has a ring, and now Zhu Li has a ring. How come you still don't have one?"

Not taking her eyes off of the newly engaged couple, Asami roughly shoved the little away out of view with one hand.

(~)

Adagio, Aria and Kuvira swayed their bodies and harmonized as the machine laid waste upon the city. Su's twin sons swung on metal cable and sliced a nearby building, only to get knocked down by the cannon's blast, destroying their cables. Luna and Celestia swooped down and caught them, while Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie led the airbender swarm around the mecha suit.

Korra watched the scene from the ground and Twilight landed beside her, alongside Flash Sentry. The alicorn princess panted. "I sure hope Asami and the others will get here soon. I'm not sure how much longer we can keep this up."

"Looks like we won't have to." Flash pointed forward to the sound of buzzing above their heads. The two princesses smiled to see the hummingbird suits approaching. Spike flew beside them on his new artificial wings.

"The cavalry's here!" Spike shouted, thrusting his little clawed fist into the air.

Adagio, Aria and Kuvira turned to see the suits coming at them, to which Aria only groaned. "Are they serious?"

"Let's squash these bugs." Adagio said, right before belting out a single note which activated the cannon again. Spike and the hummingbirds flew out on the nick of time.

"Ha! Nice try, fish-lady!"

From inside their shared suit, Varrick spotted one of the damaged spots caused by the alicorns and gave his new fiance the instructions as they flew in closer, "Aim for that spot in the middle of the back. The one I can never reach."

"Got it."

Zhu Li steered the suit towards the spot and landed the suit right on top of it. Varrick readied to use the saws but saw the giant giant about to squash them. Varrick told Zhu Li to abort before the impact. "Wow! I wish I had that kind of flexibility." Varrick said in amassment.

Asami steered her suit to the giant's leg, right above one of the dents, which was still burning hot, no doubt either Celestia or Twilight's handy work. Hiroshi readied the saws but, just like with Varrick and Zhu Li, they had to fly away before they could get crushed.

"It's no use!" Twilight said as she, Korra, Flash and several others watched from the ground. "Even if they get close enough, those sirens won't stop moving."

Korra thought for a moment, then looked behind her, seeing the four bridges over the city's river. The Avatar flashed her signature cocky grin.

"Not if they've got cold feet. Rarity, Luna, Leilani and Sonata! Come with me!" The four followed Korra towards the river. Quickly catching on, the five of them bended the water upwards, creating a massive wave and thrusted it towards the mecha suit, freezing it in place, but not before it fired it cannon once more, striking at Varrick and Zhu Li, slicing off one of their wings.

The alarms went off inside the suit. "Hang on!" Zhu Li cried out and flipped both ejection switches, thrusting them both out of the suit before it crashed into a building and exploded. Varrick and Zhu Li safely descended down on their parachutes, but Varrick was pouting at the destruction of such a beautiful piece of machinery.

"See, this is why we can't have nice things!"

Korra, Luna, Leilani, Rarity and Sonata bended more of the water, this time freezing it around the arm cannon, preventing it from moving, and with its other arm frozen in place it couldn't activate the beam. The water wasn't going to hold it for long, but long enough for the others to cut that hole.

Asami zeroed in on the spot from earlier, which hadn't been frozen, and landed right on top of it. Hiroshi readied the saw and started cutting through the dent left by the alicorn's magic blasts.

Adagio's eyes widened once they realized what was happening. "We need more power! They're cutting in! More power!"

The three of them sang louder and harder, causing the ice around their arm cannon shatter piece by piece. It still wasn't moving, but it was starting to wiggle its way out. The water had also been sprinkled with magic, curtesy of the three waterbending alicorns, no doubt, to keep them contained long enough. But they knew it wouldn't last for very long. The heroe's attempts were admirable, but futile none the less.

Asami looked out from her cockpit window, eyes widening to see the sirens trying to break free. She turned to her father, who was still only half way to creating the hole. Time was running out fast.

"We need to get out of here!" Asami warned.

"Almost there." Hiroshi's eyes were fixated on the task at hand, but Asami was growing more frantic as fragments of the ice landed on the window. Small at first, but then massive chance started raining down, along with the sound of the siren's hypnotic voices, which was controlling the machine.

"We have to go now!"

"Almost there. Almost there!" Hiroshi repeated. He had to finish this, if not then all hope was lost. Asami deserved to have the future she always desired. This city deserved to be saved, along with everyone in it. Bender and non-bender alike. It took him this long to realize his foolishness, and he was not about to let anyone else suffer because of his mistakes again.

In one swoop, the ice all around the arm cannon had shattered all at once. Their time was up. Asami knew it. "Dad! Now!"

Hiroshi lowered his head, closing his eyes as a single tear rolled down his cheek. He was unable to keep his promise to her before, but he needed to do this. If he didn't, so many lives would be lost. Including his daughter's. Her future was more important than anything. Everyone's future.

When he wouldn't respond, Asami felt her heart lunge in her throat. "Dad?"

"I'm sorry, Asami. I love you." Hiroshi said as he flipped the switch. Asami felt her seat loosen and the hatch opened above her head. Time seemed to slow down as she was forcibly ejected out of the suit, while Hiroshi remained.

"DAD!"

Asami screamed at the top of her lungs, so much her throat was already soar, helplessly watching as the mecha giant's hand came down, crushing the hummingbird suit…and Hiroshi inside.

Asami's heart shattered as she slowly descended down on her parachute. Her father sacrificed his life for her. For the city. But now he will never get the chance to see his baby girl walk down the isle. To see her in her mother's gown, or be a part of her new family. That dream was gone.

And so was he.

But his sacrifice was not in vain, for from which he once stood, was a perfectly cut hole on the leg of the giant. Everyone looked on, silently moaning Hiroshi Sato's demise.

"Hiroshi's plan worked." Korra said, both with shock and sadness, "There's our opening."

Seeing their chance, Korra, the Mane Six, Sunset Shimmer, Sonata, Mako, Bolin and Flash Sentry all hurried towards the opening, but the sirens wouldn't have it. With mad eyes, Adagio forced their freed hand onto the heroes, ready to do to them what they did to Hiroshi. not once thinking of the consequences. Rarity halted their attempted by bending the ice upwards to the hand, stopping it in its tracks.

The sirens increased their singing to crush the ice, and the heroes. The hand broke free and came down on the opening, but the heroes had already gotten inside, avoiding being crushed. The only ones who remained outside where the three alicorns, along with Su's sons, Spike and Lin and Su themselves.

They had done their part. It was all up to Team Avatar now.

(~)

Author's Note:

I know I know, many of you are concerned about Lin and Su not being on there but, we've already got Korra, Mako, Bolin, the Mane Six, Flash Sentry, Sunset Shimmer and Sonata, I'm pretty sure we've got enough characters here.

Alright guys, only two more chapters left…well, four. I'm gonna write the weddings in two separate chapter (they deserve it), and an epilogue for the ending.

Stay tuned!