• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 3,714 Views, 54 Comments

The Little Pony Legend 4: Balance of the Heart - MaggiesHeartLove



It's been three years since Korra met the Mane Six, united two worlds, and became a princess. And now, at the peak of her success, the young Avatar mysteriously goes missing and it's up to her friends to find her.

  • ...
15
 54
 3,714

The Little Pony Legend

*(~)*

Jeremiah 29:11 ~

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

*(~)*

The Little Pony Legend

One year latter….


This world did not change one bit. It was still as bright and colorful as ever. People happy and cheerful, happily chatting with one another. Sunset Shimmer sat on a bench near the park, waiting. Her luggage rested beside her, and in her arms was a satchel with various books inside it. She was already missing her tail and horn, but she was still very excited to see her friends again.

Her head jerked up when she heard a car horn and a crimson convertible pulled in up in front of her. Her old friends, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack, who was driving the car, happily greeted her.

"Sunset Shimmer!"

The young woman smiled happily as her friends mounted off of the car and embraced her in a group hug.

"It's so good to see you again!" said Fluttershy.

"It's great to see you guys too. I missed you." Sunset was startled when the always hyperactive Pinkie Pie, hugged from behind, literally lifting her up from the ground.

"We missed you too!"

After the drive, the friends caught up at their college's cafe. For Sunset, it was wonderful to see her old fiends again, even if it was for a visit. "So how is life in Republic City treating ya?" Rainbow asked.

"Great. I'm now vice-president of Future Industries."

"Wow! That's so cool!"

"And how are Korra and Twilight doing?" Rarity asked.

"Well, Flash and Twilight got married last month, and as for the others…well, let's just say they have their work cut our for them. Speaking of which, how are our Twilight and Flash?"

"They sent us an email from L.A." said Applejack, "They're havin' the time of their lives at that there music school of theirs. They should be here by tomorrow."

"It's gonna be great to see them again."

"And what's with that bag of books?" Rainbow asked, pointing at the satchel.

"Oh. I almost forgot. I've been documenting everyone's past adventures." one by one, Sunset stacked each one on the table, and the girls' eyes widened.

"Dang! You'e got like six or seven there!"

"Is that all of them?" Rarity asked.

"Who knows. Maybe I won't be able to write every single new thing that happens next, but even if I don't, at least others will remember how it all started."

Pinkie Pie took the first book from the pile, without causing it to tumble and read the tittle, "Great choice in the tittle by the way."

"Thanks. I think it's pretty fitting." Sunset smiled proudly at the words on the cover that read…

The Little Pony Legend.

Book 1

(~)

The spirit portal glowed in a heavenly light as Korra and her husband Mako approached it. They smiled at one another while the little bundle of joy wiggled in Korra's arms, with a red scarf wrapped around her shoulders. Not too long ago, the two were blessed with their first child. A strong and sturdy baby girl with dark locks, added with blue streaks, but also had magenta and light red streaks as well. Her eyes were colored purple; a mixture of her parents' eye colors. A pink star adored her forehead and on her back were tan colored wings with pink tips, similar to her mother's. She was half alicorn, and a princess. She was a treasure. Mako knew she would grow up to be strong and courageous just like her mother. He couldn't be prouder.

They named her Princess Iris; which meant Rainbow.

Hand in hand, the two walked into the portal, turning towards one another, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes. From the other side, they were welcomed by their friends and Family.

"Hey, guys! About time you showed up!" Bolin said while having happily to greet them.

Everyone was having a picnic in the spirit world. Tenzin and his family were there, as were the alicorns, The Mane Six, and Asami and Bolin. Even Discord joined the fun, as well as Varrick and Zhu Li. The Cutie Mark Crusaders attended as well. Mika, San and Ali welcomed their parents, and 'baby sister' with all the love in their hearts. Mako happily greeted his two brothers, Bolin and Flash while The Mane Six surrounded Korra, all gazing lovingly at the little bundle of joy. Korra allowed Fluttershy to carry her child.

"Aww, look at you. You're so beautiful, yes you are."

Iris giggled happily. She was already adored by her pony aunts. Korra then greeted her sister-in-law with a hug. Asami was three months pregnant with her and Bolin's first child, and they were having a baby boy. Korra gently rubbed her swollen belly, speaking into the little one inside.

"Hey, there little guy. So, did you pick out a name for him yet?"

"We did, actually. Hiro…short for Hiroshi."

Korra smiled at the name, "Sounds Perfect."

The ponies gathered around Asami and Korra and Bolin took his niece into his arms, "Hey, Iris! It's your favorite uncle Bolin. Yes, it is. Yes it is!" he cooed and gave the child nose kisses.

Twilight and Korra then linked arms smiling happily at one another as their respected mentors, Tenzin and Celestia, both placed a than on their shoulders. Celestia nodded proudly, "The Rainbow smiles upon us, today." she said in a voice so filled with wisdom and compassion. The two teachers went to join in with the others, leaving the two princesses to remain with their arms linked, and their smiles bare.

"So, another happy ending?" Korra asked.

"No way….but it is another happy moment."

Korra's heart filled up with so much positive emotion as she watched the happiness surrounding her. It had been a pretty rough ride, but even after the storm, came the sunshine. She swore this was the message she would pass on to future generations, as well as her daughter. That one could truly find Light in the dark so long as they believed.

Korra smiled widely as she and Twilight held each other's hands.

"I couldn't agree more."

…………..

This story has been written down hundreds of times

And it's still being written.

When it will end?

I don't honestly know.

But that's one of the blessings

Not always knowing

And while the Legend may not be quite as you were told before,

The core of it will always remain the same

It was not just the legend of a hero or the story of a princess.

It was a tale of Courage

Discovery

Love

Family

Forgiveness

Faith

Sometimes the greatest stories are not the ones we take alone

But the ones we share with others

So, the next time you see a Rainbow shimmering in the sky

Don't ignore

Follow it

And perhaps you too, will uncover your own legend

As Korra and Twilight looked up into the sky, a shimmering Rainbow armed overhead and the Raava butterfly flew above them.

Much like the sight, their future would be beautiful.


………*(~)*………

Genesis 9:13 ~

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

………*(~)*………


Story written by MaggiesHeart Love

Based on the stories and characters by

Lauren Faust

Bryan Kinietzko

and Michael DiMartino

……….

(This little light of mine, by Addison Road)

Korra;

There's a little flame inside us all

Some shine bright

Some shine small

Twilight;

The rains will come

And the waters rise

But don't you ever lose your light

………

Featuring the voices of

Jannet Varney

Tara Strong

………

Applejack;

In this life

You will know

Love and pain

Joy and sorrow

………

Ashleigh Ball

Andrea Libman

………

Bolin;

So when it hurts

When times get hard

Don't forget who's child you are

………

Tabitha St. Cermain

Cathy Weseluck

David Fautisno

P. J. Byrne

………

Everyone;

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

Gonna let it shine

………

Seychelle Gabriel

J.K. Simmons

Rebecca Shoichet

Vincent Tong

And Nicole Oliver

………

Mako;

May you live each day

With no regret

Make the most of every

Chance you get

………

Singing voices by

Perri Edwards: Korra

Darren Criss: Mako

Ryan McCartan: Bolin

Lea Michele: Asami

………

Pinkie Pie;

And your eyes get wide

When you look at the sky

With the same sense of wonder

As a child's heart

…………

Kazumi Evans

Shannon Chan-Kent

………

Asami;

With the ones you love

Treasure the time

And for those who are gone

Keep the memories alive

Rainbow Dash;

Hold on to your dreams

Don't ever let go

There's a fire inside you

Burning with hope

………

Story inspired by various Disney films

Beta-Reader Atea1793

(Love ya, girl!)

………

Everyone;

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

Gonna let it shine

…….

One day there will be no more pain

And we will finally see Jesus's face

So until them I'm gonna try

To brave the dark

And let my little light

Shine!

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

Gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I'm gonna let it shine

Oh, shine

Gonna let it shine

There's a little light inside us all

………………….

"The Magic of Friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria. It's everywhere."

-Twilight Sparkle.

"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get. I'll never stop fighting for what's right."

-Avatar Korra.

The End…

Author's Note:

I'm not gonna lie, I cried the whole time I was writing this. And, I guess you can say I sort of broke the forth wall when "Jesus" came up. I will do my part and let My Little Light Shine, and you should too. I hope you guys will do the same.

Believe it or not, my strong Faith and love for Jesus Christ was what most inspired many of the messages in this story. I truly hope some folk were able to see them at some point or another. The symbolism is in all four books, including Rainbow Rocks (though those a probably more obvious).

So, to wrap this chapter up; Be kind. Be loving. Be open. Be forgiving. Thrive to become better people. And most importantly, always, always, ALWAYS, remember...

No one is alone. Ever.

Like Princess Korra, let the Rainbow guide you, may it help you find your path, and once you do, spread out your wings, and Fly!

God bless and take care. Treat each other well, no matter what. No matter what!

Comments ( 6 )

I'll always remember this work of art.

This story will be my favourite for years to come thank u for makin an amazin story

Hey, I just finished my latest story and I think you'll just get excited at the ending. Actually, I KNOW it! :pinkiehappy:

I would have used this song for the credits:

Login or register to comment