• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 4,115 Views, 230 Comments

Artemis - gcsmith



The story of Artemis, an average young adult and his adventures of Equestria.

  • ...
16
 230
 4,115

Chapter 5 - Rarity and Applejack

Heya readers, just want to say I worked my hardest to give you a longer chapter, hope you enjoy.
And I hope I wrote the characters fitting how they are on the show.


In the end, it didn’t take too long for Artemis to tell Twilight his story, she seemed willing to sit silent and listen, despite her nature to quickly question things she didn’t understand.
However, as he progressed, Artemis could see Twilight was desperate to jump in and question various points, but much to his relief, she kept herself in check until the stories end.

There were some interruptions of course, a few ponies came in to check out and return various books. However, Artemis seemed to get the idea that the people stayed far less that they wished to, either because Twilight was otherwise busy, or more likely there was a strange bipedal creature, the likes of which they had never seen before sitting there and chatting to her.

When Artemis had finished his story, Twilight had just sat quietly for several minutes muttering to herself. In the end she had stood up “While I think there are many things I don’t quite understand, I trust both the princess’s and they are far more knowledgeable than I am . Overall, what you say makes sense, explains how you know us at any rate. Shame your timeline isn’t ahead, foreknowledge would be useful. But I guess it might of caused lots of problems.”

Anyway, with the morning events behind them, they ventured into town to go and collect the food from the town and get some clothes organized. With the fact that Rarity would need time to take some measurements, as well as time to actually make at least one set of clothes for tomorrow, they decided to head to the home and business of Rarity, Carousel Boutique.
While they were walking, Artemis noticed he gathered some strange looks from variou ponies, not something he wasn’t used to, always the focus of some curiosity during his school years. Even at university his constant wearing of shorts in Scotland got him strange looks, even from the Scottish who should've been used to the cold in their kilts. No the thing that got to Artemis was the children, colts and fillies, hiding behind their parents at the sight of him. Although it did give him some comfort when the parents pushed their children away, chidding them and asking them to be less silly. Although Artemis did notice the parents did stare at him with a strange look, even after he passed.

As they entered the Boutique Artemis noticed the familiar scene all around him, and when the door closed and he heard the noise of the bell tingling followed by the voice of none other than Rarity.
“Coming...” Her words caught in her throat when she noticed Artemis standing there. Next thing he knew, Artemis watched as Rarity ‘fainted’ with the traditional flourish on red fainting couch in the middle of the room.
Wait a minute, he could’ve sworn the couch wasn’t there a minute before.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Oh Rarity... really?”

Rarity Shot up with a flash.
“Oh Twilight I didn’t notice you there.”
and turning to Artemis,
“Sorry about that, I'm just not used to erm, Customers of your like around here.”
“So anyway you’d be?”

As he opened his mouth to answer Twilight interjected.
“A friend.”
Noticing that this didn’t fully satisfy Rarity’s curiosity Twilight went on.
“Look Rarity, it’s getting late and we need some clothes for my friend here. I know its a challenge, it’s not your usual style, and well we kinda need at least one set by tomorrow morning so he has something clean to wear. I know this is late and well you may hate me for it, but he was sent by the Princess’s and I was told to keep his arrival a secret. If it makes it any better, the Princess’s gave me some money to deal with anything.”

Throughout all of this Artemis watched as Rarity’s left eye twitch, until Twilight mentioned the Princess’s that is. At the mention of the two alicorns Rarity positively brightened up.

“Oh don’t worry yourself none darling, if this is to do with the Princess’s the first outfit will be free.”
“now what kind of things can we do for you?” Rarity muttered turning her eyes to Artemis. As he looked into her eyes he feared for his life.

As Artemis felt Rarity grabbing him and dragging him towards the back of the shop, picking up various tape measures and tailoring materials, he turned to Twilight and mouthed help. Twilight just stood there with a cheeky smile and waved.

Within seconds Artemis was exposed to the strangest moment of his life, a wild white blur of a mare, either commanding him to certain garments off or tugging them off, obviously not afraid to tear the clothes off to gain access to suitable regions to measure.

Soon Artemis stood there nude, covering himself with his arm, and having taken all her previously needed measurements Rarity stood analyzing his undergarment, obviously baffled by the need for such a garment, even if she did somehow seem to understand that Artemis wore clothes out of necessity not just for fashion.

With a click of her tongue she commanded Artemis rise his arms. At first he refused, but then he felt his arms rise of their own accord, noticing the tip of Rarity’s horn beginning to glow. Artemis stood there, arms held by magic and a blush on his face.
“hmm”, the pony said to herself, “so this is what the undergarments are meant to cover. “Well I can see their function, but I don’t find them necessary.”
Looking at Artemis she continued. “Still... If you want I’ll make you more pairs, as well as more socks and shoes for your feet.”

Artemis nodded and he felt even more shame as Twilight peaked through the doorway, giggling as she saw the position he was in.
“You guys nearly finished there,” Twilight giggled.

“Oh, yes Twilight” Rarity stated as she finished scribbling measurements on a sheet which Artemis noticed contained various different concepts of clothing. ‘that pony really is good’ he thought to himself.

As Twilight popped back into the main room, Rarity released her spell on Artemis’ arms, he sighed in relief, and quickly covered himself. Rarity, noticing what he did giggled and brought another blush to his face.
“Feel free to get dressed again Mr...?”

“Artemis”
“And thanks for the clothes miss rarity.” Artemis quickly hammered out while he was getting his clothes on.

Rarity walked other to her bountiful supply of materials and pulled out some red fabric, “Think nothing of it Mr Artemis. Its a pleasure to help out a ‘guest’ of the Princess’s.”

As Artemis and Twilight began to leave, twilight quickly stated she would explain more to Rarity in the morning, and Rarity explained she would have a set of clothes sent over first thing in the morning.
Just as they left and started to walked away. Rarity shouted at Artemis, “See you again soon I hope, Darrrling” The emphasis on that last work made him blush the hardest he had done all day.
Twilight who noticed a sudden change appear over Artemis snorted and came over in fit of laughter as she noticed his bright crimson face.


Twilight’s laughter carried on all the way into town, and Artemis felt so much shame that he lowered his face to the ground not just to hide his blushing from Twilight, but so he didn’t have to endure the strange looks sent their way.

It wasn’t until Artemis collided with someone else that he raised his head again.
“What ‘n tarnation?”
Artemis picked himself off the ground, dusting himself as he went and inspected who he collided with, in front of him was the familiar orange form of Applejack.

As Artemis gave his apologies, he noticed that Applejack gave him a confused once over.
“It’s ok sugar-cube, just make sure you look where you are going ‘n future ok?”
It was only then that the still giggling Twilight stepped into the fray.

“O’ hey there Twilight,” Applejack said as she turned to the laughing pony. “This strange looking fella’ with ya?”

“That he is,” Twilight Confirmed, “Not too much I can say at the moment, but if you come across to the library tomorrow once he’s settled in I can tell you.”
“Hopefully I can invite pinkie, rainbow, and fluttershy tomorrow morning, without pinkie finding out and trying to organize a party.” Twilight rolled her eyes.
“I doubt a party will be the best thing for my friend right now.”

“I see what you need twi, anyway what can I do for you and ya’ friend?”

“Well..” Twilight began “My new friend here isn’t exactly like you and me, he can’t really eat things like hay.”

“What can he eat then?”

“Well, his species is an omnivore.” Twilight said

“But we don’t eat meat, twi?”

“Exactly, so he can only eat fruit and vegetables.” Twilight stated matter of factly.

“Well sugar-cube, I got all the apples he can eat...”
“At least I assume he can’t eat my whole crop at once.” Applejack looked at Artemis questionably.

Artemis defended himself, “Hey, I probably eat less than anypony around here, Humans are far less active compared to Ponies, at least from what i’ve seen anyway.”

“Well here you go mr....?”

“Artemis,” Twilight butted in for no some unknown reason.

“Well hay, here you go Artemis, Try one, Apple family Apples are the best the ‘hole of equestria. First ones on the house.” And with that Applejack chucked an apple towards Artemis, who despite questioning the cleanliness took a quick bite of the apple.

After taking his first bite, Artemis was quickly hooked and quickly wolfed down the whole apple in seconds.

“Well a’ll be, guess he doesn’t get apples like from where he comes from.”

A quick shake of his head and Artemis confirmed exactly what Applejack said.

“We’ll take a dozen Applejack,” Twilight said,
“Here you go,” She handed Applejack a pouch that seemed to jungle as it floated in mid air due to Twilight’s magic.
“That should cover it, The princess’s gave me some money to cover for some of his expenses. at least until he can find some work to earn some bits.”

“Bits you say? Well, the farm work is going a bit slow, I mean he doesn't look like he could be
much of a help with the bucking, maybe he could help out my lil’ sister with the dealing with tools.”
Then noticing the face Artemis pulled, “Well, ma’be he could put some help in somewhere, if he turns up first thing, on Monday.” and she handed Twilight a sack of apples which she picked up with her magic.”

As Artemis and Twilight turned to walk away back to the library to end for the day, they said their goodbyes, “Seeya Monday Sugarcube, I hope”.

Twilight chuckled as her and Artemis walked off, she noticed that Artemis was once again red as a beetroot.
“My my, you sure you’re not bursting any blood vessels there Artemis?”
“You got a soft spot for Darling and sugarcube any chance?”

Artemis responded, maybe a little too quickly, “No, not really...” he stuttered, “Just never heard it much back in my life on earth.”

With that they entered the library, Twilight looked at Artemis and said “Don’t worry yourself, I didn’t mean anything by that. Anyway, you look tired, maybe you should go to bed, hopefully you’ll get to see the rest of my friends tomorrow.

Looking down at himself, Artemis realized that twilight was right, between telling his story, bumping into Applejack, and being harassed by Rarity, he was Dog-tired. He said his good night to Twilight and wandered off to bed.

“Night Artemis.” Twilight muttered, as she headed towards her own bed, as she lay down to sleep, she thought about Artemis below. Then as she began to fall asleep, she gave her own little blush.