• Published 9th Jan 2015
  • 1,369 Views, 36 Comments

Dawn of the Arcane - The Library



You were sent on a mission from the titan city of Ulduar to Dalaran to deliver the Alpha codes to Rhonen and Brann. Being stuck in a swamp, drowning and sealing yourself in ice you are in for an adventure of a life time.

  • ...
10
 36
 1,369

Was I harsh?

Author's Note:

Enjoy how Sophia give Blueblood a run for his money.

As soon as his horn was charged he shot a magic bullet right passed my face as I felt the air around my ear zoom from the magic. He repeated this several time as he keeps missing me but a few inches. I for myself, was getting rather annoyed for my ear was slowly getting numb from the magical discharges.

I found it was about time I went for the offensive, not before snapping my finger to spawn an arcane shield around me for some additional protection against his lowly attacks.

The snooty unicorn kept shooting against my shield as his attacks harmlessly bounce off the shield not even close to penetrating it. I released a low sigh as I charged up a polymorph spell, turning him into a black sheep. To my surprise he managed to break from this spell as he smirked at me confidently, while I merely raised my eyebrow at him. Then I noticed I was slightly impressed, oh my.

'I'm starting to get impressed, before I know it I have to give him a complement for his escape.' I thought to myself as I kept my eyes on him.

"What you think about that huh?!" He yells as he strikes a pose.

"Was that supposed to impress me?" I replied to him as I gave him a deadpan look. "I've seen a baby break free from that spell faster than you, so no. I'm not even close to being impressed."

"Why you little..." He growled lowly as I could barely hear him. I had a strange feeling it was better that I didn't clearly heard him otherwise I had to blast him through the wall. But as soon as he stopped growling like a little kitten he charges his horn once more as he fires a dual bullet attack that looks similar to my arcane barrage attack. To avoid the attack I used my blink ability to blink right behind him.

I charged up a small arcane charge in my hand as I used it to launch him into the nearest wall, making him grunt in pain as he hits his back against the marble pretty hard. May the charge was a little too strong for him? Not that I feel sorry for him though, he asked for it.

"That's cheap you little shit, attacking an opponent from behind. Seems that is all I need to know about you, a low-down peasant." He said right in my face, I looked around as I noticed that several royal guards gathered to watch the event with their own eyes. I remembered some faces from during the wedding and it looks like they are not gonna interfere anytime soon.

But other than that, he finally managed to get my pissed. Not only did he mention my length in a bad way, but also called me a low-down peasant. I bet that my sock has more honor than this joke of a life.

"What did you call me?" I said to him as I ball my fist.

He only smirked at me as he repeated what he said. "I called you a little shit, and a honor less wrench. But I feel generous as it is so I will let it go for now." He wanted to continue but suddenly found himself once more thrown into the wall, this time with more force as he was sent right through the wall.

"I wanted to go easy on you, but it seems you forced my hand. And now you face my wrath." As I finished my sentence I charged my energy as I released my arcane barrage spell. The unicorn cast a shield around himself but the spell slammed right through the shield as he was knocked backwards. Once he was standing once again I summoned a purple rune in front of me as I sent a barrage of arcane missiles towards his location. He dodges a few while 69 percent hit its target, leaving burn marks all over his coat.

I could see that his gaze was turning fearful, strangely I took pleasure in seeing him like this. Many called me short, but I always forgave them because they didn't mean to insult me. But this high ass boot licker was dead serious, his own mind agrees with the illusion of his high and mighty personality.

As I seized fire, the dust that my spells kicked up cleared away. As I walked through the busted wall I found sir dipshit hiding in the left corner making himself into a ball of fear and agony.

"I take it you learned your lesson." I said in a neutral voice.

He suddenly stopped shaking as he charged his horn which caught me off-guard sending me back into the hallway.

"I will never surrender to a lowly wench like you!" He roared as he sends several salvos of magic towards me. I had to admit that his spells was incredibly fast as I was having trouble to dodge them. Sadly one hit me straight on my left leg. I cried out in pain as I felt the magic burn away on my skin. After that I felt something snap deep inside me, burning rage filled my senses as I slowly rose back on my feet.

I stretched out both of my arms as in each hand a rune appeared. Instead of their light purple color they were a dark and ominous color. All the sound around me faded away as I was charging the spell. I myself had no clue what the spell was since I've never used it in my life.

Once the spell was charged I moved both runes in front of each other releasing a beam of pure arcane energy blowing a large hole in the wall behind him. All I knew is that this fucker had no chance of surviving this. As the dust cleared I saw a large hole in the wall that leads to the outside courtyard, but to my surprise the snooty unicorn survived the attack, but that wasn't the only thing. For Celestia was standing in front of him shielding herself and him. But I saw that I did quite some damage since sweat drops rolled down her coat as she also was panting slightly.

I wanted to take a step backwards as I felt the tip of a pole-arm in my back, as fear and regret entered my mind.

"What's the meaning of this!" Celestia roared with her royal canterlot voice. I flinched as I felt drained, I fell onto my knees panting heavily.

"Aunty, this lowly peasant attacked me without a reason. Banish her at once." The unicorn declared as I shot a burning glare towards the unicorn who quickly hid behind Celestia.

'Bloody whip.' I thought as Celestia stepped towards me.

"Care to explain what happened here and why you nearly destroyed my castle?" She asked me softly as traces of anger gone.

It took a few seconds for me to catch my breath as I finally managed to form normal lines. "When I arrived here I was lead towards the throne room where this sorry excuse of a life bumped into me." I started glaring once again at the white unicorn who was shuffling uneasily. "When I stopped him with a small charge of energy, merely to get his attention, he said, and I quote; "How dare you to stop me you lowly peasant, I can have you arrested for assault you lowlife."." I explained to her as I attempted to do my best impression of him. "When I explained to him why he bumped into me I might have laughed a little at his attempt to insult me. After that he just attacked me, and one thing lead to another and that brings us here. With the little prick hiding like a little foal."

"I've heard enough, Blueblood let this be a lesson for you not to attack anyone for that last attack might have killed you if I didn't interfere. Oh and I will speak to you this evening about this event." She scowled him before turning towards me. "As for you Sophia, your actions are unheard of yet you were attacked first so I will see this as self-defense. But let it not happen again, or you will be put on trail, understand?" I nodded as I attempt to stand up only to cry out in pain as I forgot what he did to me.

"Guardsmen, take Sophia to the hospital and let them look at her leg." With that Celestia returned to her throne room with Blueblood right behind her