• Published 9th Jan 2015
  • 1,369 Views, 36 Comments

Dawn of the Arcane - The Library



You were sent on a mission from the titan city of Ulduar to Dalaran to deliver the Alpha codes to Rhonen and Brann. Being stuck in a swamp, drowning and sealing yourself in ice you are in for an adventure of a life time.

  • ...
10
 36
 1,369

Recovering and yet still annoyed.

The next day, At least that is what I thought, I awoke from my slumber I found myself in a very fluffy and warm bed, I somehow can't recall what happened yesterday. I somehow knew I was fighting a Swiss cheese bug pony who giggled instead of laughing, blasting more of those bugs out of the air. But other than that it is all blank.

I was quickly pulled from my thoughts as the door on the other side of the room opened up revealing Twilight and the five ponies I saw at the wedding. Twilight was the first to run towards me and wrapping her hooves around my waist in a rather tight hug.

"Thanks goodness you're awake!" She yelled in my, by the way naked, belly which tickled a little with her muzzle and all that. But I was way too busy with being crushed by Twilight so I didn't really have the time.

"Glad to..... be awake.... please.... BONES!" I groaned.

She quickly released me as she released a squeak while holding a sheepish smile on her muzzle.

"Sorry Sophia, it's just that you've been out for over a week and I started to get worried I would lose you." her bottom lip quivered as she looked at me with the largest eyes I've EVER seen.

"By the Titans, please stop that look. You might kill me with those eyes alone." I looked at her in fear as I smirked at her. I snipped my fingers as a small poof sounded in the room. Around me was a small cloud of white smoke that hid me from everyone else in the room. Once the smoke cleared away everyone gasped in surprise as there was a second Twilight on the bed making the same face as she did a moment ago.

"What the... Sophia." The real Twilight said as I copied her with her voice at the same time.

Twilight looked like she would get a metal breakdown as I canceled the illusion spell that I cast around myself.

"How did you do that!" She asked as she once again nearly knocked me out of my bed.

"Easy Twilight, it was merely a simple illusion spell. Not really a big deal." I told her not wanting a long threaded question session about how and why I did that. But then realization hit me.

"Wait, I was out for an entire week?! How is that even possible, back at home I can't even sleep till a few minutes after sun rise and now you tell me I have slept for over a WEEK!" I practically yelled right in her face to make my disbelieve clear to her. She quickly shoved a hoof over my mouth, which tasted like hay and dirt, to silence me.

Then she went on explaining what happened after I collapsed in the great hall, it seems the spell Twilights brother and Cadence cast, was a repelling spell which only works on creatures with an corrupted heart. Still hard to believe though, I know a magical barrier when I see one, and yet I refuse to believe only the once with a pure heart went through the shield.

My internal rand was interrupted by a loud knock on the door as two guards entered before I could even say 'come in'. "We present to you Princess Celestia of Equestria." They declared as tall and white entered my room, without asking of course. I raised an eyebrow at her as she looked at me with a skeptical look on her face.

"I thought you'd be more muscular after your feats during the invasion." She said as she kept staring at me which was starting to get really creepy. She walked towards me as she stopped right next to me as her horn lights up golden hue as I felt the same feeling I felt when she had me in a telepathic grip. Since I now know how to counter it, I chanted "Arcane barrier." as a purplish blue aura surround me shutting off any connections her magic had on me. Which earned a gasp from the sun-butt, to which the guards raised their spears ready to poke me right in the chest.

"Sophia what did you do!?" Twilight yelled at me as I kept my barrier up.

"I'm protecting myself Twilight, who knows what she might do. after what she did to me before she even met me." I growled at her as I snapped my fingers getting myself dressed.

"I'm willing to talk, but only with you and not with your sad excuse of guards." I told her as I walked towards the widow which was a little high for me.

"How dare you speak to the princess in such way!" The rainbow mane mare shouted as I glared at her.

"Polymorph: Black sheep!" I said as the mare disappeared in a puff of smoke leaving a confused looking sheep at the place where she once was. "Let that be a warning to all of you." I told the group, "and don't worry the spell will wear off in, three, two, one..." another puff of smoke appears as the mare was back as she used to be. only more scared.

"Sophia, what's wrong with you. What happened to the funny little gnome I got to know." Twilight said as she looked like as could burst out crying at any moment, maybe I reacted a little harsh. I turned around and pulled Twilight in a little hug.

"Sorry about that, I'm a little tense after what happened between sun-butt and me. and the rainbow mare didn't help one bit." I told her ask I kept my eyes on the mare which seem to get more uncomfortable every second I look at her. I quickly turned my attention to the window at the right side of my room as I walked towards it, since ponies aren't that tall, I could somehow reach the window and open it to let fresh air flow into the now silent room apart from the breathing of everyone in this room.

As I stared into the outside world I remembered a song, my mother used to sing for me. I always enjoyed her singing since her voice wasn't high pitched like most gnomes have, It was a song about a prince and an angle.

"Sophia, what kind of song is that you were humming?" Twilight asked me as I was unaware that I was humming the melody of the song.

"It's a song my mother used to sing for me, it's about a prince who had everything but yet lacked the most important thing in a person's life. Love." I told her as I kept my gaze on the clear afternoon sky, watching the ponies and nobles go on with their day.

"Maybe you can sing it for us? if you want of course." Asked the butter yellow pegasus.

"I could, but I need to remember the lyrics. It's been over millennia since my mother last sang the song for me." I closed my eyes trying to recall the song as I somehow managed to find pieces and glue them together.

I took a deep breath as I hummed the intro of the song..

Once upon a time there was a charming prince,
warm soul and arms of steel, but luckless on his love...
Once upon a time an angel prayed for him. They had a destiny...
Remember it...

Please, remember it...

Though out of nowhere different instruments played, flutes, violins, drums. They seems to intensify as the song progressed.

Though the shadows tried to keep our hearts away forever!!!
it never came true... My love was within you...

Once upon a time there was an evil hag, was known as Lady Dark,
who made me wonder...
And before I knew it, she poisoned my heart...
And drowned yours with this sorrow and you're gone, and I'm just torn...
Please forgive me!! Please forgive me!!!
don't be apart of me...

I'll keep remembrances of you
until heaven takes me, with him...
I'll need it to survive!!... without your love!!

Please remember me... Ooh!
oh, please remember me..
just remember me...
'Cause I'll remember you.

Once the song ended and the sound of the mysterious instruments disappeared, I released a breath of relief. It was years since I last sang, yet I still have it. I leaned against the wood of the window frame as I felt several hoofs touch me back and the sound of silent sniffles. I turned around to face the group of ponies to see some happy faces and some faces filled with emotion.

"I must say Sophia, that was beautiful. I now understand why you like the song so much to even remember after all those years." Celestia said as she nuzzled my cheek softly, I wanted to push her away, but I let it slip it for once since I'm in a good mood.

"Oh stupid, stupid, STUPID!" Twilight said as she slaps her hoof on her head a few times. "I forgot to introduce you to my friends Sophia." Twilight then moves towards the group of mares who were standing in the back.

'Well this should get interesting.'

Author's Note:

Heya peeps, yet another chapter. So many possibilities with it comes to arcane magic!
Anyway, if you find any mistakes feel free to point them out.
As always like and comment or dislike and risk you being turned into a monkey or a cat or a penguin! (thats up to you.)

(Song belongs to Ivan Torrent, and I use it only for entertainment purposes only. It's one hell of a song.)