• Published 9th Jan 2015
  • 1,369 Views, 36 Comments

Dawn of the Arcane - The Library



You were sent on a mission from the titan city of Ulduar to Dalaran to deliver the Alpha codes to Rhonen and Brann. Being stuck in a swamp, drowning and sealing yourself in ice you are in for an adventure of a life time.

  • ...
10
 36
 1,369

Onwards

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I'm back for now, but my health is keeping me from doing anything and the medicine isn't helping either.

Hope you enjoy the chapter and see you all in the next one.

It didn't took too long before me and the guards arrived at the medical center within the castle. at first everypony was just gawking at me while my leg was killing me. As I managed to get their attention they finally brought me to an empty room where they hooked me up on the strange beeping machine.

"I know I look strange, but your staring is just plain annoying." I said to one of the guards who FINALLY blinked before she replied, apparently the pony is a female.

"I'm sorry miss but we are under strict orders of the princess to keep an eye on you while you recover." She said as she was like a freaking statue. She only moved when she needed too. "But I have to ask, what are you?" There was the million gold question, a question I heard more often than non.

"Well my lovely guard, I'm known as a Gnome. and no, not like those garden gnomes ponies keep on their gardens." I said as a doctor entered the room with a clipboard hanging from his mouth. He tried to speak but it sounded like gibberish to me, which made me roll my eyes. Once he finally removed the clipboard from his mouth he moved himself next to me.

"Well then miss Springlock, I would like to say welcome back." He said to me as he chuckled at his own attempt to be funny. "Jokes aside I'd like to take a look at your leg if that would be possible."

I nodded as I removed the part of pants which was somewhat burned by the bolt of magic. But before the doctor could take a closer look the door of the hospital slammed open revealing a worried looking Twilight, as she ran into my room she clearly forgot to close the door. But when she arrived at my bed all she did was literally spray me with both questions and saliva. Eww, by the way.

"By Mechatorque's hammer Twilight!" I yelled as she was silent a second later. "Thank you...."

"I'm so sorry Sophia, but when I heard and partly saw what happened and what you did. I just had to see you, to make sure you are alright." She then looks down towards my leg. *Gasp* "Oh my, did Blueblood do this?" She points to my leg as a sudden cough from the doctor get her attention. The doctor looks at Twilight with an annoyed look as he pushes himself past her to get back to be.

"Well then, before I was rudely interrupted," He glances at Twilight. "I'd like to scan the burn to see how far the damage reached." With a single nod from me his horn lit up and a brown aura surrounded the burn.

"Hmmm, well I have good news. The burn is only minor and it will be an easy thing to fix, but I have to say that you are really lucky. Not many that come here after a magic attack walk away with only a minor burn." As he keeps explaining what he is gonna do I see Twilight fiddle with her hoofs not really liking to wait on someone, nor did she like that she was pulled away from one of her friends.

"Alright, now that I know the issue, I can say that the healing process might be painful. But I will do all I can to make it as painless as it can be." As he finished his horn starts to glow a faint brown color again that now surrounds the burn. Suddenly a sharp pain shoots through my leg as it feels like it's on fire, skin and flesh is repaired as I somehow managed to endure the pain and agony from the healing.

"That should do the trick for now, it takes a hour or two to completely heal and for the damaged tissue to regenerate. But keep in mind it is still sensitive to strain." The doctor said as I nodded at him in thanks.

"Thanks once again doc." With that he left the room leaving me, Twilight and the two guards in the room. It didn't took long for Twilight to break the silence.

"I'm curious though, how in Celestia's name did you manage to get into a fight with Blueblood to begin with?" She asks as she leans on my bed holding a confused look. I released a sigh as I knew this question came sooner or later.

"Well it's quite the tale Twilight. It began all when I was being brought to the throne room where I had an appointment with Celestia. But before I could enter the door nearly slammed into me-." I told her the entire story up till the point where Celestia protected Blueblood from my massive attack. I skipped the part where I completely lost it and went into a blind rage, but I think you can understand that it is better to keep is a secret.

It's been a hour or two and I was finally being released for the blasted hospital, sure the ponies are nice and all but you know how it goes in those kind of places. Once I was standing outside breathing in the clean air of the open sky. Soon I was brought from my trance like state by Twilight who lightly tapped me on the shoulder indicating that she was ready to bring me to the Celestial Court, as I like to call it.

Once again as me and Twilight made our way through the streets of Canterlot many eyes followed me and my companion. even some were whispering to each other, I somehow managed to catch some of the conversations and they went along the lines of, "What in Celestia's name is that.", "She looks kind of cute.", "I really like her mane!"

Once we once again reached the castle I was too busy making sure that Blueblood wasn't around to notice that Twilight had stopped in front of the two massive doors as I bumped into her causing her to fall against the door opening it with thump and an "Oof" from Twilight and me.

"Ah, welcome Twilight and Sophia. Nice of you both to fall into my court."