• Published 8th Jan 2015
  • 4,176 Views, 204 Comments

My Little Anthro Is a DJ - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



A 16 yr old boy named Brad lives a pretty casual life until he came across a young, anthro Vinyl-Scratch

  • ...
18
 204
 4,176

Late night pains, and a board game

Author's Note:

For those of you who dont know, I changed it from Vinyl calling brad her dad in the first chapter to this chapter.

When I awaken, I notice it's a lot earlier than usual because, it's usually dawn by the time I wake up. This time, I look out of the window, between the two curtains to see the night sky shining down on the floor. I come to find that a small shaking feeling has woken me from my slumber, and I can feel two small hands on my upper right arm. With a yawn, I stretch out my arms, and look to the source of the shaking which had been coming from that small child I found in the shed. Ah, what was her name again? Vinyl...something? Nevermind. My brain just isn't used to this, getting up so early. Judging by the placement of the light, I can guess it's around 2:30 in the morning. I take a quick peek at the clock on on the wall on the other side of the room, which is digital, and I can just make out 2:42 pm. I guess I was pretty close then.

"Brad?" I hear the small child ask, but something about her voice doesn't seem right.

"Yeah, Vinyl?" I turn my head back to the small humanoid unicorn who has tears filling her magenta colored eyes.

"I-I had a bad dream, a-and I can't get back t-to sl-eep." Said Vinyl sadly, with a sniff, as she wipes her muzzle when a tear begins to fall down her furry cheek.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Come here, and let me give you a hug." I reply, as I hold my arms out to her. Right away, she throws herself into me, returning my hug tightly.

"It was about m-mommy." Now she's crying, as her tears sink into my shirt, and wet my skin.

"It's okay, it was just a dream." I said softly, holding her close, as I stroke her mane. "Don't cry, your mommy still loves you, and I'm sure she misses you dearly."

"I know, and she's probably crying too." Vinyl replies, with another small sniffle.

"What about your daddy? Doesn't he miss you?"

"I-I don't h-have a daddy." Vinyl says, slightly crying harder now.

I don't even know what to say. She misses her mom who she can't even she. She's somehow been transported from her world which must be very far away, and she doesn't even have a loving father. Whether he died, didn't care, left, or has never met him before. I wonder what's going through her head right now. How long was she out there anyway? Are these nightmares recurring, or do they lead off from one another, and get worse? So many questions I want to ask, but this isn't the time, nor would it make her feel better, which is I want to do. I want to make her feel better, but I don't know how. She continues to cry in my grasp, clinging to me, as if I'm all she has, which is pretty much true for the most part. Plus having her here, just makes me feel better, so I want to make her feel better.

"M-mommy, the day before I ended up here, told me that he killed himself since he found out mommy was pregnant with me. He didn't even want me!" She bawls, burying her face into my chest, which has caused my shirt to stick to my skin. The thought of being fatherless is just saddening to the core, but her reason for it brings tears into my eyes. Iclose them, as I take in deep breath, and let it out, making sure to point it away from Vinyl's face.

"That sounds so sad, Vinyl!" I tighten my grip on her a little. She moves her arms to go around my neck, her white fur is smooth against my skin.

"That's why mommy never talked about him, o-or refused to when I asked. S-she told me not to worry about it. She was right, I should have stopped asking her."

"Ok, but Vinyl, please stop crying. It's not going to change it. Are you thirsty? Maybe a small glass of water might help." I say softly, pulling her away from me. I smile slightly, as I raise a finger to wipe her eyes, which is harder than I had expected since she's covered in fur.

"Mmhm." She replies with a small nod, followed by another sniffle.

"Okay, but, just let me change my shirt, and I'll get you some water." With that, I sit up, which is also harder than expected since, yet again, I'm not used to getting up this early. With another yawn, and stretch of the arms, I somehow find the energy to pull myself out of bed.

I Slowly make my way over to the dresser which is located by the door, as I shuffle my feet. I'm too lazy right now to give even the slightest attempt to lift them even just an inch. My feet make a small scratching sound as I walk against the brown carpet. I reach out to the small aluminum knobs of the top drawer, and I pull, making it open, revealing a drawer filled with neatly organized, and folded clothing. Nope. It's a mess in here, and mom's been at me to fix it for the past week, so I just may do that today. I'll have all day since today is Saturday, and I don't have school. I pull off my shirt, and I throw it down on the ground. It decided to be nice, and smear the wetness along my neck and face as I pulled it off. I reach down for another shirt, and I slip it on. Just a plain white shirt. Yay.

"Okay, come on Vinyl." I gesture a hand for her to come to me, and she obliges right away, taking my hand in hers, She huddles herself close to me as if I'm her protector or something. D'aww the cuteness. I kneel down, and i scoop her up in my arms, and she giggles a little as I do. She puts her arms around my neck, and nuzzles her cheek into my chest.

"Thanks Brad." She says softly with a small smile on her face.

"It's okay. I'm trying my best to make you feel better. Now how's about getting you your water?" I ask kindly as I head out of the room with Vinyl in my arms.

I make sure to be quiet as to not wake my parents who are snoring loudly. I don't even know why I'm trying to be quiet because their snoring must drown out the sound of me walking, plus most of this house has carpet floors except for the kitchen and bathroom which are tiled, and the dining room has hardwood floors. The floor creaks a little from underneath my feet as I pass through the dinning room to get into the kitchen. I sit Vinyl down on the black marble counter tops, next to the sink, which is bathed in night time light from the window above it. I grab the same glass on the towel on the other side of the sink from before, and I turn on the faucet, and I hold it under the stream of water. I fill it about halfway, and I hand it over to Vinyl, who takes it happily with her magic.

"Thank you." She says with a smile before grabbing the glass with her hands, and bringing it to her mouth, tilting her head back as she downs it in two seconds.

"Well someone was thirsty." Is say sarcastically with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess." She replies, wiping her muzzle again to get any excess water off.

"What's going on in here?" I hear a soft voice ask. I turn around to see mom with her arms across her chest due to the fact she's shivering a little bit.

"Oh. Vinyl had a bad dream, so I brought her out here to get her some water." I reply quietly.

"Awwee, come here, let mamma hold you." Mom says with a pouty tone, holding her arms out as she walks over to Vinyl who places the glass in the sink upon mothers arrival. She lifts Vinyl up off the counter, and holds her onto her shoulder, and Vinyl clings to her neck.

"Uh, did you just say mamma?"

"Yeah, is there a problem?" Mom replies, giving me a small glare.

"I already have a mamma." Vinyl says sadly, turning her head to look down.

"Well, I'm your second mamma then." Mom holds Vinyl a little farther down so her head is by her chest, and she wraps her arms around her into a hug.

"Okay." Vinyl replies, hugging her back.

"I've always wanted a daughter." Moms says happily, nuzzling the tip of Vinyl's nose.

"Seems that you have become pretty attached to her, ma." I say with a small laugh.

"Well, of course, she's like the garsh darn cutest thing ever!" Mom moves Vinyl so she's laying in her left arm, then she begins to tickle Vinyl's stomach.

"AAgh! Stop that it tickles!" Vinyl squeals, trying to push away moms hand.

"Never!" Mom shouts playfully, as she continues to torcher Vinyl with tickles.

"You're gonna make me pee!" Said Vinyl through her laughter.

"Okay, fine." Mom replies, putting Vinyl back down on the counter. "Well, you two enjoy yourselves because I'm off to bed. Too early to be up at this time because getting old. Or like you teens like to say, 'because penis'." Mom rolls her eyes, as she begins to walk off.

"Goodnight mom." I say to her before she gets out of sight.

"I can't hear you!" She replies sarcastically as she returns to her room.

I roll my eyes, then turn my focus back to Vinyl who it contently stroking her tail again like a soft blanket, or a kitten. I know she must be severely depressed from being so far from home, yet she seems happy that it this seems o be her home away from home. I've accepted her into my life, and I will try my best to help her until she's able to go back, that's if. Half of me wants her to be able to go back, where as my other half wants her to stay. She's a cute little adorable thing, and I'd like to know where she came from. I walk up to the counter, and I hop up onto it, and I sit next to her. She drops her tail, and hugs me, nuzzling my side. I put one arm around her back, and I use my other hand to rub my knuckles along her head.

"Should we go back to bed now, Vinyl?" I ask with a slight yawn, but to my demise, she shakes her head.

"Nope. I'm not tired. I wanna stay up and spend time with you." She replies, moving to sit in my lap.

"But, it's only three in the morning!" I protest smugly, dropping my arms to my sides.

"Maybe if we did something fun, then you might not feel so tired." She bounces on my right leg happily, giggling away.

"Like what?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Maybe a game? Something quiet though, so your parents can sleep." Vinyl says, just below a whisper.

"How about a board game?"

"Perfect! What do you have?" She beams with a wide smile, her magenta eyes glistening in the light coming from the window.

"Not many, but they are fun classical games." I reply with a shrug.

"Well let's go then!" She puts, dropping from my lap to the floor, then begins to pull on my pant leg.

"Nah, I think I'll just sleep here." I say sarcastically, making a fake yawn, and leaning against the cupboards, which is actually very uncomfortable.

"Ugh, forget it." She scoffs, then her horn begins to glow blue again, and I begin to feel all tingly, and that same blue aura surrounds me as I am lifted off of the counter.

"Okay! I was joking! Just put me down!" I plead putting my hands together as she raises me to the ceiling, while she's laughing her cares away.

"Say please." She says sticking out her bottom lip.

"Pleaaasseee."

"Okaaayy." Vinyl replies sheepishly. I feel myself being lowered to my feet, then the magical aura diminishes from me, and her horn. "Now let's go!" She takes hold of my hand, and begins to pull. Since she still has legs being that if a pony, she's actually able to tug me, almost making me give a nice hello to the floor with my face.

"Now you're trying to trip me? Is it your mission to make me feel miserable right now?" I ask sarcastically as she remains pulling me.

"Maaaybe?" She replies with a small chuckle, as we enter the room. "Now, what board games do you have?" She asks, as she flips on the light switch with her magic.

"Probably games you've never heard of." I reply, walking over to my closet, and opening the door, to see boxes, and shoes on the floor, and a little bit of trash. Dress shirts, coats, and sweaters hang on thin metal hangers from the rod.

"Well, no duh!" She scoffs with an emphasis on duh. I turn my focus to the shelf above the rod, and I see some extra crap, and three board games. Candyland, Monopoly, and Battleship. I want something fun, yet simple for her to play. Monopoly is out of the question. Too complicated probably, and candy land is simple, but gets boring, so Battleship it is. I reach up to get it, but I end up having to pull the other board games out to get to it. When I finally retrieve the game, I turn around, and close to two doors with my foot.

"I know that, but I think you'll like this one." I reply, showing her the box which has three ships on it, a few explosions, ad the game name a the top is Indy gold color. She cocks her head in wonder as to what the point of the game is.

"How do you play it?"

"I knew you were going to ask, but yeah, I'm gonna show you of course." I place the box down on my bed, I pull off the top cover, and I grab out the two blue thingies I have come to calling laptops since the open and close like one.

I hand her one of the laptop thingies, and she takes it in her hands curiously, not sure of what to do with it, as she looks at it from every angle. I chuckle to my self at her massive brain fart, so I open it for her, and her curious face turn into a "Dafuq kind of alien technology is this?" face. I show her the different pieces, and where which ones go, and when to use what piece. Like how the ships go on the bottom grid, and the white and white pegs go on the upper grid, and some red ones go on the individual holes on the ships, and what happens which each hole has a red peg. She seems to learn pretty quickly because she asks me exactly what to do, while she does it, like how to call out a spot where to fire.

After teaching her how the game works, I give her a simple tutorial of how to play. I start by placing on ship in the center of my grid, and I show her where it is, and I ask her to give the right coordinates in order to hit it. I know you're not supposed to show where your ship is, but this is just an example of what she would have to do in play. I had my ship at E, 5, and F, 5, and she calls out E. 5, so I put a red peg on the ship, and I asked her if she knew what do do, and she did. She took a red peg from the tray, and placed it on the E, 5 hole on the upper grid. Next, I asked her to hit the spot next to my ship so she would know how to miss. She calls out E, 4, which I tell her was a miss of course, and she uses her magic to lift a white peg out of the white peg tray, and places it next to the red peg on the upper grid. So with that, we begin.

USually when I play Battleship, I have a certain way, and setup of playing, so on average, I win seven out of ten games I play, but this time, I use a simple set up, and I take myself from a god at battle ship, to the level of a noob, which I find is quite hard. That's what I don't get. When you become good at something, it's hard to on purposely syck at it, because I have the urge to just wipe her out, but I can't do that to her. She looks so confident as if she'll never lose a battle, and I don't want that face to change. I will give her a little bit of a challenge to build up her skill, but I will lose, so I can boost that confidence. Simple things like playing boar games can have a bigger effect in a child than you may think, and I can see it now in Vinyl.

I'm sitting up against the head board of my bed, with the pillow in between me and the head board for comfort. Vinyl is laying on her stomach, staring at her thingy, while giving me a few smirks that tell me I'm dead meat here and there. She has her head propped up on her hands, her legs kicking ever so little in the air, her tail swaying back and forth from left to right. You guys have no idea how cute she looks right now. I'd take a picture if I could but...I don't have anything to take a picture with. About ten minutes into the game, I have her carrier, and that small boat sunk, while she has my submarine, my battleship, and my carrier sunk. So far so good. I don't know long I'll have her with me until her world comes to take her back, but hile shes here, I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

After about another five minutes, she has me beat, and she had one ship left. I actually tried my best in the end because she was able to use her last ship against my two ships. I have no idea where she had it, either it was at an edge in a corner, or in the dead center, I don't know, but on my grid there were plenty of spots for her ship, so I won't get to accusing her of cheating, but nonetheless, it was a fun game. She squeals happily, banging her fists on the bad with laughter that she had just defeated the god of Battleship. Well, I don't think I deserve that title, but maybe just a really good pro we can leave it at. As we clean up, she sings her herself that she beat me, going "I beat him, I beat him!" I tell her yes she did, I ruffle her mane, then I give her a scratch behind the ear, which she tends to really love.

"Can we play one more time, Brad?" She asks cheerfully, with a big smile on her face.

"Not now, Vinyl it's only four in the morning, and we really have to get back to sleep." I reply with a yawn.

"Pleaaasseee?!" She gives me the 'garsh darned' cutest puppydog face I have ever seen, but somehow, I find enough will power to ell her no.

"Later okay? But for now, we need to rest." I sad, giving her a small hug, then I put everything back in the box, and I close it up, and return it to the shelf in the closet.

"Okaay."

"Now let's go back to sleep." I turn off the lights, then I get back in bed, and slip under the covers, holding them up for Vinyl, who snuggles herself close to me.

"Okay. Goodnight daddy." Viny said softly, with a small yawn.

"Vinyl?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you,,,call me...daddy?" I don't know if I heard her correctly, if she accidentally said it because the word was lingering in her head, but I swear I heard her call me...daddy. It feels as if a spark just went off inside me, and gave me this good feeling, better than anything I've ever felt before, I hope she says yes.

"Y-yeah. I won;t anymore. I'm sorry da-...Brad." She replies with a sniff, and begins to turn away from me. I stop her, and I hug her close.

"Oh, Vinyl, I could never be mad at you. That means so much to me that you would call me daddy." I can just feel the tears creeping into my eyes. Oh the feels.

"Re-really? You'd be my daddy for me?" Vinyl asks pulling away from me, tears in her eyes.

"Yes Vinyl. I want to be your daddy." I pull her back into me as she begins to cry a little but out of happiness.

"Thank you so much!" She tightens her grip around my neck, as she continues to cry.

"Just...one thing I want to know."

"What?" She asks, pulling away from me.

"When is your birthday?" I ask, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I-it's today." She replies in a whisper.

"So you're eight now?"

"Yeah. I bet mommy is really sad." She looks down, and away from my gaze.

"Well, me being your father can by my birthday gift from me to you then." I cup her chin in my hand, and I lit her head back up to look at me.

"It can?" She asks, with another smile.

"Yes, Vinyl. I'm your daddy now." I reply, hugging her tight again.

"Oh, thank you! I love you daddy!" Vinyl says cheerfully through her tears.

"I love you too Vinyl, I love you too."