• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 3,567 Views, 98 Comments

New Opportunities - shenadri



Redemption for a race, or war to anihilation of the remaining changelings, lets see what happens

  • ...
13
 98
 3,567

And plotlitics... I mean politics... maybe?

"AND YOU VOTED FOR THIS," The purple librarian yelled, making Celestia and Luna wince.

"Well, when you put it that way..." Luna trailed off, gaining a glare from her older sister. Celestia, after a while, simply came closer to her disgruntled fellow alicorn, and, putting one foreleg on her withers, proceeded to calm her down.

"Twilight, we are concerned about the changelings, all of us truly are, and the nobles and all the other stuck up nobles want some retaliation for the crimes they committed, and that's why I approved the law, so the nobles couldn't put a hoof on the changelings" Celestia tried to placate her irate student.

"I understand, really, but why you couldn't wait for me to be aware of this situation?" Twilight grumbles, turning her neck and locking eyes with her mentor.

"Sorry, princess Twilight" one of the other changelings in the meeting, Cayo, if Twilight was remembering correctly, said, "but after our arrival, we were trying to help when one of the nobles, Prince Blueblood, I think he was called, was beginning to organize all the nobles to try and 'evict the evil little abyss dwellers from our fair city' or something like that" he said, even getting the falsetto voice of the pompous prince, "so we need to stay low, or to be integrated into your society"

"Ok, let's see this logically," Twilight began, "on one hoof, the entire race of changelings, or at least the ones that want a pacific solution, need to be under my protection, meaning that I am bound by the law to protect them," all the heads on the table nodded, "the other option is to leave things like they currently are, meaning that, sometime in the future, the changelings would be attacked due to a misconception or out of spite." Again, all the ponies gathered nodded.

"Ok, I will do it," Twilight said after a while, "But it will be on my terms, no blackmailing me into the situation at hoof."

"First of all, I will be moving the changelings back to Ponyville, and even there, I'll be reclaiming the lands on the Everfree as our new land, those are forgotten by the crown, and it would be nice to put those lands in use." When Princess Celestia nodded, Twilight continued, "Secondly, this would be like the Crystal Empire, we would be a protectorate under the crown, meaning that we would get some financial aid, and some help to start, then we should get any possible advantage or trade on the land bestowed to us, right?"

"Actually," Cayo said, gaining the attention of all the royals, "we changelings could provide a very useful service for you ponies." When all the eyes at the table were on him, he continued, "thing is, us changelings are renowed potion brewers, rivaling with the zebras, also we have one natural advantage" he afterwards proceded to spit a green goo on his forefoof, "this is called salve, we can produce it naturally, it is absolutely aseptic, also it is used to improve the healing or the restoration of tissue when we get wounded, we can engineer it to change its properties on the go, even we can make it so it can be used to avoid decomposition on perishable aliments.

All the royals at the table were flabbergasted, Twilight was taking notes, Celestia and Luna were a little skeptical on the matter, Cadance's face was green and Shinning Armor was scrunching his own muzzle in distaste.

"Well, first of all we are going to make this work, Cayo," Twilight finally said after an awkward silence. "Anyhow, I will help our own people to understand the changelings and, more importantly, to accept you guys as fellow equestrians."

"So..." Crysalis began, eyes full of hope.

"Yes, I am going to be your Queen-princess, but we will do it our own way, OK?" Twilight says with finalty, also putting one hoof over the queen's withers

"We are now allies, Chrysalis." the alicorn of frienship said, extending her wings and embracing the changeling queen in a friendly hug.

Author's Note:

sorry for the short chapter, I am working in two jobs now to maintain my lifestyle, also, I think I can't finish my studies, so please be patient with me for now :pinkiehappy: