• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 1,265 Views, 19 Comments

Birthday Bonanza - darkmage1997



The children of harmony are all celebrating their birthdays, which, ironically, is on the same day, except for the titans.

  • ...
10
 19
 1,265

Chapter 4: Pre birthday adventure

Nathan was listening to Bluegrass music on his IPod, as he and Mavis made their way from the train station to Twilight's castle. Once they were off and the train left, Nathan and Mavis headed towards the castle, only to accidentally bump into Joshua, who was carrying birthday presents already wrapped for Nyx, Toby and the rest.

Joshua gasped in surprise to see his cousins standing before him, "NATHAN! MAVIS!" Joshua exclaimed overjoyed at seeing his cousins, going to embrace them, as he set the presents down on the ground gently.

"Hi there cuz," Nathan said, as the three made their way to the main square, "We're gonna go let Aunt Twilight we're here," Nathan said, before being stopped by Josh.

"She's not there. She wanted me to come and greet you and bring you both to Sugarcube Corner," Joshua said.

"Ok, Sugarcube it is!" Nathan said, as he turned around, and tuned his IPod to another song, and started singing along with it, which soon got Mavis and Josh to sing along too.

They continued to sing, even when they entered Sugarcube Corner, where Twilight and friends are seen eating cupcakes, who looked over to see the three children entering the sweets shop, "My word, you kids were amazing," Rarity commented.

"What song was that then?" Twilight asked.

"Its called 'Reach the Goal' Aunt Twilight," Nathan said, as he and Mavis went to hug their aunt.

"I came to drop off my presents to Nyx and the others," Joshua said, giving Twilight the presents.

"Ok, Cadence sent us the designs for the cakes you two want, and I must say, you came up with really nice designs," Twilight commented, "We'll give them to Pinkie when she comes back. She says she has to go somewhere called 'Party City', or something," she said with a shrug.

"Anyway, she says she'll be back later this afternoon, so the birthday itself is going to be a nightly party," Applejack added on.

"And why don't you three go and play at Will's ranch with the others? Will says you can play with the Pokemon," Rarity suggested.

"Alrighty then, lets go guys," Nathan said, as he led Mavis and Josh to Will's ranch.

"And what are you all going to do for the party tonight?" Twilight asked, turning her attention to her friends.

"Pinkie said that it was going to be held down by the swimming hole," Rainbow pointed out.

"And no doubt Applebloom wants to wear that swimsuit that Nathan likes so much. She even asked Pinkie if she could bake Nathan's cake and serve it to him," Applejack said.

"Nyx said she wanted to make Conner's cake too. And it may be possible that Dinky will be making Joshua's cake too. And I have to agree with you on the swim wear," Twilight said.

"Ah young love," Rarity said with a blush. Just then, they saw Pinkie walking, looking rather exhausted.

"Pinkie, are you alright?" Twilight asked, as she went over to her pink friend.

"Yeah, but Yeesh, I've forgotten how far Party City is from Ponyville," Pinkie said, as she reached into her saddle bag, and pulled out cake molds, and strained as she tried to get the crate out of her bag.

"I don't understand, what makes Party City different from regular party stores?" Twilight asked, before a hoof was forced into her mouth.

"Don't ever say that! Party City is the ultimate city for party ponies to gather supplies for big parties like the one happening tonight! Regular shops don't carry the necessary supplies need for a humungous party like this!" Pinkie explained.

"Are there any good prank shops?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"There are, but only official party ponies, such as myself, can access the city itself. Even royalty needs special permission, which is really hard to get unless you're a party pony!" Pinkie said loudly.

"Wait, so royalty isn't allowed to enter unless special permission is given?" Twilight asked.

"That's right, Party City isn't just a city. Its an entire country, completely out of the jurisdiction of all royalty," Pinkie replied.

"That sounds entirely farfetched, darling," Rarity commented.

"It may sound strange to the rest of you, but its the truth. You can even ask Princess Celestia and Princess Luna when they get here," Pinkie said, as the crusaders, along with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara entered through the doorway, "Hey girls, ready to bake?" the pink pony asked.

"We sure are Pinkie!" Applebloom replied.

"Alright! Lets get in the kitchen, and start baking!" Pinkie said, as she and the fillies bounced happily into the kitchen.

"One day, I hope to understand Pinkie," Twilight commented, with the others nodding in agreement.