• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 1,264 Views, 19 Comments

Birthday Bonanza - darkmage1997



The children of harmony are all celebrating their birthdays, which, ironically, is on the same day, except for the titans.

  • ...
10
 19
 1,264

Chapter 2: Birthday expectations

School was going pretty smoothly for the children at Ponyville Elementary. The class was going over some of the famous authors of Equestria, "And that was the last of the plays written by Shakespony," Cheerilee said, as the bell rang, "Alright class, you can all go home now," she said, dismissing her class, who got up and left the schoolhouse.

"Alright, the weekend's finally here!" Scootaloo said, as she and her friends exited the school building.

"Yep, and remember, Toby's birthday is Saturday," Sweetie Belle said.

"That's a coincidence! Bolt and Mikes birthdays are on Saturday too," Applebloom said.

"No way, Josh, Kelly, and Crystal are turning eight Saturday too!" Nyx said.

"Looks like they've all got the same Birthday," Silver Spoon theorized.

"Not true," they all turned to Cindy, "My and Will's birthdays aren't on Saturday," she explained.

"Nor is Cory or Chris' birthdays," Trinity said.

"And my brother's have their birthday in September," Heaven said.

"Heaven! Time to go!" they turned to see Brian standing by the gate.

"Ok, be right there!" Heaven said, running to her fiery tempered brother, as they walked home.

"C'mon Cindy, its time to go," Cindy looked up to see Will's Braviary swooping down to the ground.

"Ok Braviary. See ya guys," Cindy said, as she climbed on the bird Pokémon's back, and took off for Will's ranch.

"Well, lets get back home ourselves Serenity. We'll see you guys," Toby said, as he and his sister made their way back to their cottage with Silver Spoon.

"Well, we should get back to the castle," Josh said, as he and his siblings made their way to their mothers castle, as the rest went their separate ways.


After bidding farewell to her friends from Canterlot Castle, Pinkie Pie made her way to Party City, a town on the edge of Equestria where only the most serious of party planners go to plan ahead for a large party, similar to the birthday that was coming up, "Alright, time to get some decorations," she said, as she made her way to décor district. Here, Pinkie was looking around for the necessary decorations needed for the party.

"Well, hello Pinkie, what brings you here?" one of the stall ponies asked in a Cajun accent. It was a Pegasus stallion with a yellow coat, red main and tail, and brown eyes, and a beard.

"Oh, hey Rubber Chicken! I was wondering if any of you guys had some decorations for a huge birthday that's coming up. And not just regular huge, I mean MASSIVELY HUGE!" Pinkie said, extending her forehooves outwards to help express how big the party was going to be.

"Well, what type o' birthday party are y'all planning?" Rubber asked, scratching his beard.

"It a birthday party for some of the children in Ponyville. Mostly my daughters and my friends," Pinkie replied.

"HOO Doggy, that's a tall order yeah. What're some the little munchkins like?" Rubber asked. After giving an explanation on the personalities of the children, Rubber Chicken scratched his beard again, "Well little lady, y'all came to the right place yeah!" Rubber Chicken said, as he retreated to the back of his stall and brought a large crate, "Dis here is the ultimate deluxe party kit. It has all the decorations you could want for any party yeah," he said, wiping some sweat off his brow.

"Alright! How much do I owe you?" Pinkie said, reaching for her bit bag.

"Hey now, its on the house! Jus my way of thanking y'all for all the help you gave me back at the academy," Rubber Chicken said, holding his hooves up.

"Oh, thank you!" Pinkie said, putting the crate into her saddle bag, which surprisingly wasn't all that difficult, as the crate seemed to just disappear once in the bag. And with that, Pinkie bounced happily away back to Ponyville.