• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 1,264 Views, 19 Comments

Birthday Bonanza - darkmage1997



The children of harmony are all celebrating their birthdays, which, ironically, is on the same day, except for the titans.

  • ...
10
 19
 1,264

Chapter 5: Party Decorating (editted)

High up, in the city of Canterlot, Celestia was enjoying breakfast with her sister, her son, and her two nephews, "Alright boys, after you finish eating, go get ready to head down to Ponyville," Luna said to her two sons.

"Ok Mommy!" the two said.

"Chris, I would like you to go with them, while Luna and I get things situated here," Celestia said to her son.

"Ok Mom," Chris replied, as the three finished their breakfasts, and headed out the dining room, "We'll see you two at the party," Chris called, as the boys left.

"You got your gifts?" Celestia asked her sister.

"I do, and as for your gifts?" Luna asked.

"They're in the chariots, ready to be taken when we go," Celestia replied, as she and Luna continued their breakfasts.


"And now, for the tricky part, shaping the cakes," Pinkie said, as the chocolate lava cakes finished baking, as the fillies all surrounded the cakes.

"Ok, so how do we start?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Well, first, we need to consult the designs the birthday kids made, and carve the cakes to fit the exact shapes. Mavis ordered hers as a cupcake, so that'll be an easy one," Pinkie replied, pulling out various cake designs.

"Alright, time to start on Toby's design," Silver Spoon said, pulling out her coltfriends design, and frowned, seeing as how Toby only wanted a regular cake, "Well, this isn't any fun," she said, puffing up her cheeks.

"Well, it is his birthday, so maybe he just wants to make the job a little easier?" Dinky suggested.

"Yeah, but I wanted to make his cake extra special!" Silver Spoon whined, folding her ears down.

"Well, why not help make another design?" Pinkie asked.

"Yeah, I guess so," Silver Spoon said in defeat, and took another design, and started carving a cake.


"Ok, Pinkie's giving me a list of instructions on what to do with decorating at Ponyville Beach," Twilight said, as she held a scroll, that rolled out every where; along the walls, across the ceiling, and for some reason, out of Applejack's Stetson, "I will never understand that mare," Twilight deadpanned, as she rolled the scroll back up, and put it in her bag.

"Well, we'd best get a move on," Applejack said, putting her Stetson back on, as the others left Sugarcube Corner.


"Ok guys, what'd you want to do now?" Will asked.

"Can ya show us how ta make Poffins?" Nathan asked.

"Sure, but you're going to have go pick the berries you want to use," Will said.

"Ok, so where are the berries?" Kelly asked.

"The orchards right over there," Will said, pointing towards an orchard filled with all kinds of berries.

Walking over to the orchard, the children were amazed at the many berries growing from the trees, "Wow, there's so many!" Bolt commented.

"Yeah, is there like a way of telling what each berry tastes like?" Trinity asked.

"Yeah, you can tell the flavor from the color of the berries," Cindy replied, as she picked a Pecha Berry, "For example, pink berries, like this Pecha Berry are very sweet, so they make pink Poffins," she explained.

"I see, so for red Poffins, we would need a red berry?" Mike asked, as he picked a Razz Berry.

"Yep, those berries make spicy red Poffins," Cindy replied.

"What other color combos can we use?" Conner asked.

"Well, green berries make bitter Poffins, yellow berries make sour Poffins, and blue Poffins make dry Poffins," Cindy replied.

"Well, I think I'll make some pink Poffins!" Kelly said, as she, Crystal, Clover, Melody, Mavis, Trinity, Serenity, and Charity picked pink berries.

"Ah'll bet Hawlucha will love some sour Poffins," Nathan said, as he, Mike, Conner, and Vibrant picked some yellow berries.

"I think I'll experiment with all kinds of berries," Joshua said, as he picked green and red berries.

'Hopefully this cooking class gives Twilight and the others enough time to set up,' Will thought to himself.


Arriving at the train station, Twilight's group encountered the human parents, "Alright, is everyone here?" Twilight asked.

"Yep, and I should suspect the train taking us to the Empire will be here shortly," Elijah said.

"Alright, Pinkie gave me a list of instructions on what to do as far as decorating," Twilight said, pulling out the scroll, which rolled all over the platform.

"Pinkie really knows what she's doing if the list is this long," Ashley commented, holding up part of the list.

"Well, what's the big deal? We just throw some decorations around, get some snacks, make sure we have enough seats to go around, end of story!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Actually, according to the bottom of this list, that's exactly what we're NOT supposed to do," Rebecca said.

"Well, for now, lets just worry about what Pinkie asked us to do, and get this party set up," Twilight commented, as they set the crate Pinkie gave them down on the platform.

"No doubt this'll take a while," Rarity commented.