• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 1,792 Views, 44 Comments

My Warrior Ponies - Winter Solstice



This is about when a spell goes wrong and the mane 6 are trapped in the world of warrior cats

  • ...
3
 44
 1,792

Chapter 7: The Patrol

The Patrol
Where they go on a patrol

Snowpaw blinked awake as she heard someone call out her name.

“Snowpaw, wake up” Lightpaw called, “Your mentor Willowpelt is calling you”

Snowpaw let out a long sigh, “Can’t a lady get her beauty sleep around here!” But she still climbed out of her mossy bed, she headed towards the clearing and saw that the rest of her friends were awake. She saw her mentor, Willowpelt, sitting there as well, but she did not look happy.

“Snowpaw! Finally, we can go on patrol” Willowpelt said, “Snowpaw, me, you, Lightpaw and Darkstripe are going on patrol”

Snowpaw walked up to her mentor and said “Do we have to?”

“Yes, we need to check the Riverclan border, there has been some of their scents on our territory” Willowpelt explained.

“Come on Rarity!” Lightpaw said, and then she shook her head at her mistake “I mean Snowpaw!”

“I’m coming, darling!” Snowpaw replied, she gave herself a quick groom, she found out that she could actually use tongues like that! Who knew! She wanted to look her best if they were going out to visit Riverclan.

The patrol walked through the trees skirting the edges of their territory, but Snowpaw’s legs started to shake and she felt exhausted.

“Can’t we rest, my legs are killing me!”Snowpaw moaned, the rest of the cats looked at each other.

“Well we could practice your hunting skills, and get something to eat,” Lightpaw added, Willowpelt nodded.

“Just for a short while” Her mentor answered. Lightpaw stopped and took a deep sniff, Snowpaw did the same, she could smell a vole. She looked at Lightpaw and she nodded, Snowpaw crept silently to the other side, she heard Lightpaw give a loud yowl, the frightened vole ran straight into Snowpaw’s claws. Snowpaw threw it against the rock, it let out a squeal and died.

“Great job, but Snowpaw you should kill it with your teeth, that squeal scared most of the prey” Willowpelt remarked.

Darkstripe looked at Lightpaw and Snowpaw and said “That was terrible, now all the prey will be hiding all the way to the fourtrees! Well that’s what I expect with a couple of non clanborn apprentices!”

Willowpelt stared at him, Lightpaw and Snowpaw turned to walk back, “We better get to the border!” Lightpaw told Willowpelt.

They padded forward a few steps, Snowpaw heard Darkstripe hiss “I wonder why Bluestar took in these kittypets, they know they don’t belong here” Willowpelt said nothing but followed Snowpaw and Lightpaw. Snowpaw pretended they had not heard what he said, but she felt her spirit sink like a stone when she realised Willowpelt had not defended them. Did this mean that she thought that way too?

They reached Sunningrocks, it was well past midday, and all was quiet.

“What can you smell Snowpaw?” Willowpelt asked.
Snowpelt sniffed the air deeply, “I smell Thunderclan and also some disgusting fishy smell!” She recoiled at the scent.

“That is Riverclan border” Willowpelt explained, “They eat lots of fish from the river”

“Then, why is it on our side?” Snowpaw questioned, she heard the ferns rustle they were not alone. Four cats from Riverclan padded out.

“What are you doing on Thunderclan territory!” Darkstripe demanded, he took a step forward.

“Actually Sunning-Rocks belong to Riverclan!” the she-cat with leopard like markings snarled.

“No they don't!” Lightpaw said, Snowpaw looked at her friend she was brave, she stepped forward and snarled.

“If you are doing it than I am doing it too,” Snowpaw whispered to Lightpaw “Even if it is highly uncouth” she added to herself silently, she unsheathed her claws and dug them in the earth.

A Black riverclan tom sprang at Lightpaw, she tried to dodge but he was too fast, the Leopard cat sprang at Darkstripe and another grey tabby at Willowpelt. A large weight landed on top of her, she tried to shake the riverclan cat off but he dug his claws into her pelt a hung tight. She bit down on his tail and he let out a squeal of pain, his grip on her slackened and she pushed him off her. The brown cat was about the same size as her so she judged that he must be an apprentice as well. She saw Lightpaw locked in battle with her opponent, she felt claws slashing her, and she launched herself onto him and he turned to intercept. He was so fast, he raced around her, scratching her fur, and she barely had time to dodge as he leapt at her. Then she saw Amberpaw leap at her attacker, where did she come from? She turned to see Amberpaw’s mentor Longtail and Swiftpaw. They launched into battle. Thank Celestia, they were here!


Amberpaw jumped on to the brown tom, she slashed her claws across his muzzle, she lunged for his throught, her cat instincts were kicking in, she could smell that her opponent was trying to creep behind her but she turned to face him. She could see his eyes were nervous, he knew she was winning. She jumped onto his back and reached for his throat, the cat suddenly fell down limply, Amberpaw was so surprised that she hesitated and jumped off him. Was he dead? Then she saw that his tail was twitching, she had been tricked, he got up and slashed at her muzzle, she felt her own hot red blood streak down her face.

"You're not that bad" He said, as he stalked around her, she kept her eyes glued on him, she was not going to be surprised again.

"You're good yourself" She replied, she dodged just in time as he launched at her.

"What's your name?" He asked, as he tried to pounce on her.

"Amberpaw" She answered, she heard a yowl from the leopard-spotted she cat, the Riverclan cats started to race back to their territory.

"I'll remember that," he mumbled and ran to get to his territory. Amberpaw felt something when he talked to the brown tom, it made her feel giddy inside. What was she feeling? She decided to push the feeling down, her clanmates need her. She saw that Lightpaw and Snowpaw were bleeding the most, they need to go to a medicine cat quickly. She saw Snowpaw's usually neat fur in ruins, several pawfuls of fur were torn out.

They soon reached camp, Petalpaw was holding some strong smelling herbs in her jaws, when she saw them she rushed over.

"Are you okay, wait here while I fetch Spottedleaf", Petalpaw ran into the medicine cat's den and was soon followed by her mentor.

"Petalpaw, get me some cobwebs and some marigold," Spottedleaf told her apprentice. Once she had some mashed up herbs on her wounds, it felt more better.

"How did you know we were in trouble?" Snowpaw asked her, as they settled down in the apprentices den.

"We could hear your screeches all the way from the Fourtrees!" Swiftpaw said, as she climbed into her mossy nest.

She thought about that feeling she felt talking to that tom, it was weird she had never felt it back in Ponyville. She longed to see his brown fur and golden eyes. She noted to herself that maybe it was just a cat thing she was feeling, maybe all her friends were feeling it. She blinked her green eyes and went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Applejack is feeling something new for a certain brown tom cat. I made some of the cats up since in the allegiances it only says the leader and deputy. I wonder what his name will be? Can anyone give me some suggestions?