• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 1,793 Views, 44 Comments

My Warrior Ponies - Winter Solstice



This is about when a spell goes wrong and the mane 6 are trapped in the world of warrior cats

  • ...
3
 44
 1,793

Chapter 5: The Training

Chapter 5
Where the mane 6 discover the magic in training

Lightpaw groaned at the persistent poking that awoke her, "Rise and shine sleepy head, we need to start training!" Brightpaw exclaimed. She bounced all the way to the clearing, humming a joyful tune. Lightpaw looked around to see all the mossy nests were empty, she stretched and walked out of the clearing. Her friends were already waiting for her.

"Where is she if I have to wait any longer my hoov.. I mean paws will go to sleep!" Swiftpaw muttered angrily.

"I 'm here!" She called, she padded towards them. They looked up to greet her.

"Did you know that I need to learn the names of many herbs and what they are used for" Petalpaw said in a whisper.

"Good for you sugarcube!" Amberpaw replied warmly, "I wonder what type of training we're all doin'"

"I just want it to start!" Swiftpaw moaned impatiently.

"There you are, your mentors are looking for you!"Lionpaw said as the golden cat padded towards them.

"We better go to our mentors" Lightpaw agreed "where is Bluestar?"

"She is in her den" he answered, he turned his head and gestured to the small cave beneath Highrock.

"Swiftpaw, there you are, we are going to patrol around the territory, Amberpaw, Snowpaw and Brightpaw you are coming with your mentors as well" Longtail meowed, her friends raced towards the Gorse Tunnel. Lightpaw sat next to Petalpaw.

"So, you need to learn the names of herbs!"Lightpaw asked, "tell me the names of some!"

"Well, there is marigold which helps to treat wounds and stop infections, yarrow to expel poison. Oh no, I forgot what herb to treat a tummy ache with!" Petalpaw glanced around, worriedly.

"Juniper berries or chervil roots" Spottedleaf answered as she appeared behind them, "It's okay to forget sometimes, you know that you did well remembering the herbs"

"Thank you, Spottedleaf" Petalpaw replied, she dipped her head.

"Petalpaw, why don't I teach you a few more herb names" Spottedleaf said, she turned away and walked towards her den, Petalpaw sprang up and followed her. Lightpaw couldn't help feeling a little jealous of her friends, she was excited about meeting Bluestar in person. She looked so formal, but by her scars she was a formidable opponent. She could hardly wait! Lightpaw looked up as she felt two amber eyes looking at her, she knew that it wasn't friendly. A massive, dark brown tabby walked across the clearing. She stared defiantly back, she saw him narrow his eyes. She knew that she had made an enemy.

Firepaw appeared beside her, "That is Tigerclaw, you shouldn't trust him" he whispered, but she already knew that, she remembered the shadow in the night, she had no doubt that was him. What would he be doing in the middle of the night? she wondered.


"Wow, this territory is utterly huge!" Snowpaw said as she walked with her friends, they had just seen sunning rocks and were walking towards a extremely tall tree.

"That tree is called the Owl Tree," Mousefur said

"Why's it called that" Amberpaw asked

"Because there are owls living in the tree!" Longtail answered, they all looked up at the towering branches.

"It looks a bit like Twilight's library, you won't find a bigger tree in Ponyville, I wonder if ponies can live in this tree as well!" Brightpaw said, the thunderclan warriors were looking at her in amazement, as they had no idea what she was saying.

"Ponies living in trees?" Willowpelt echoed, "Where did you get such a mouse-brain idea?"

"In Equestria!" Brightpaw replied, and bounded away in a cheerful hop, skip and a jump. They looked at the apprentices.

"You get used to it" Swiftpaw shrugged, and they carried on.


"What is Starclan?" Petalpaw asked her mentor as they bundled herbs together.

"Starclan is where your warrior ancestors go when they are dead" Spottedleaf answered.

Petalpaw gazed at her,"So, you are celebrating the dead?"

"No, it is more as though they have travelled away but they have not gone" The medicine cat replied, gently "they send omens for us to interpret and warn us if there are dangers."Spottedleaf turned and looked at Petalpaw, "There was a prophecy about you and you friends"

"Really! Could I know I mean if you don't mind, you don't need to sa-" Petalpaw mumbled

"I shall tell you,
There is a great danger coming,
Six will come to aid,
They shall be taught in your ways,
One will tip the scale,
Good and bad are not equal,
Remember that all shall come at a great price."

"What does it mean that it will come at a great price?" Petalpaw questioned, her eyes were big with worry.

"I don't know"

Author's Note:

I am so sorry that it took so long to update!! Really hope that you enjoyed the story!:scootangel: I don't know if it was just a coincidence or if it was destiny. You just have to figure it out yourselves!!:derpytongue2: