• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 1,792 Views, 44 Comments

My Warrior Ponies - Winter Solstice



This is about when a spell goes wrong and the mane 6 are trapped in the world of warrior cats

  • ...
3
 44
 1,792

Chapter 6: More Training

Chapter 6
Where the mane 6, train some more, and Fluttershy finds out what cats eat

Petalpaw looked around, the forest was so dark, the towering trees looked even bigger than normal. Then out of thin air a pale silver tom with bright amber eyes, long, feathery whiskers, and a sweeping, plumy tail, walked out of the trees, he looked like he was made of stars. He turned and gazed at her, Petalpaw shrank back in fear.

"You have nothing to fear little one" He said,"My name is Featherwhisker, I was Spottedleaf's mentor."

"Really?"

"Yes, you are a long way from home, I apologize for that but the prophecy, it states the need of you and your friends."

"What is the threat?" she asked, softly, she gazed at him more comfortably, now that she knew he wasn't an enemy.

"Even Starclan's sights are clouded, but we still care about the ones that we have left behind" His eyes glazed over with worry.

"I promise, that me and my friends will try to help" Petalpaw replied determinedly.

"We know, and we are thankful"

Petalpaw looked around as the forest started to disappear, She blinked and saw that she was in the medicine cat's den. Spottedleaf was up and was grabbing a dried poppy head to shake out the little poppy seeds.

"You're up, did you rest enough" Spottedleaf said, she turned towards Petalpaw.

" I had a dream...about Featherwhisker" Petalpaw said, she saw that her mentor was staring at her curiously.

"What did he say?"

"He said that that Starclan did not know what the threat to the clans was" Petalpaw answered.

"If they knew the answers they still wouldn't tell us" Spottedleaf muttered.

"Why?"

"Because, even though they know they give us our own choices, giving us our own destiny" Spottedleaf meowed, "Could you give these poppy seeds to Dappletail, she says that she has trouble sleeping"

"Okay"


Swiftpaw woke up and started to nudge Amberpaw, "Wake up already, Applej- I mean Amberpaw!"

"Alright Rainbow, I'm up" Amberpaw grunted.

"Don't you mean Swiftpaw?" Graypaw mewed.

"Swiftpaw" Amberpaw echoed, she got to her paws and shook her pelt.

"Snowpaw, Lightpaw, wake up!" Swiftpaw yowled, impatiently.

"Wait y'all where is Brightpaw?" Amberpaw asked, they all looked around to try and find the bubbly, pink she-cat. But she was no where to be found.

"Hi, you guys, are you looking for me?" Brightpaw said behind them, she bounced up and down with excitement.

"Where were you?" Snowpaw questioned.

" I was listening to the elder's stories, did you know that they don't know what a cupcake is, I mean really, wh-" Brightpaw looked at Lightpaw's stern glare, "Um, nothing"

"I wonder when we get to eat, I am starving!" Swiftpaw exclaimed, what do these cats eat? she wondered.

"The fresh-kill pile is over there" Graypaw pointed with a flick of his tail.

"Fresh-kill?" Snowpaw said, they all walked to the direction he had pointed, and there were, what the buck!

"There you are I need to tel-" Petalpaw looked down at the dead mice and voles, she looked up and let out an almighty scream, Swiftpaw looked and saw all the cats rushing out looking around at some invisible enemy.

"What happened?" Bluestar demanded, she looked around, expecting something to jump out and attack.

"Bluestar, I..um..Petalpaw" Lightpaw stammered,"Well, this is not what we usually eat, see we are vegetarians"

"Vegetarians?" Bluestar asked.

"We only eat plants" Snowpaw said

"Cats that only eat plant! Oh, and hedgehogs can fly!" Darkstripe exclaimed.

"I am so sorry!" Petalpaw mewed quietly.

"What are you a rabbit in disguise!"Darkstripe hissed.

"Say one more word and I will rip your mangy pelt off!" Swiftpaw retorted, she arched her back her fur bristling.

"Oh, really!" Darkstripe said "I am a strong warrior and you are a pile of fox dung, how could you defeat me!"

Snowpaw took a step forward "If you mess with one of us you mess with all of us!" she snarled. Fortunately, he did not reply.

"If there is nothing to worry about then we should get going, Tigerclaw, can you show these apprentices some battle moves" Bluestar ordered.

Tigerstar nodded his dark tabby head and flicked his tail to beckon them to follow him.

Finally some battle moves!


"Petapaw, it is time you went to The Moonstone," Spottedleaf old her.

"What's The Moonstone?" she replied.

"The moonstone is where all medicine cats go to share tongues with our ancestors" her mentor explained," we meet every half moon, this is very important because this wil make you an official medicine cat apprentice in the eyes of Starclan."

"I cannot wait" Petalpaw replied, softly, in her head she felt so nervous, meeting more strange cats in dreams! She felt like she could faint, she was scared that they wouldn't like her, what was she to say? Was normal greetings not enough for Starclan?

"You will do just fine" Spottedleaf replied, she licked her ear comfortingly, "we better get going we are wasting moonlight!"

They walked out of the den and Spottedleaf greeted Mousefur who was on guard.

They silently walked through the trees and met up with a small grey and white tom, he had a different scent from Shadowclan.

"Runningnose, is your clan well?" Spottedleaf called, they walked up to him at a strong smelling place where to types of scents could be found.

"Spottedleaf, Brokenstar he's done something," he whispered, he looked around as if something was going to leap out and attack, "my mentor Yellowfang, he banished her!"

Spottedleaf looked shocked, "what had she done?"

"You will hear it at the gathering"

"Have you seen Mudfur of Riverclan? Or Barkface of Windclan?" Spottedleaf asked as she changed the subject.

"I have not seen Barkface or Mudfur, but they are late! and we are wasting moonlight!" Runningnose replied, he looked down and noticed Petalpaw,"I see you have found yourself an apprentice, but you are a little young Spottedleaf"

"Two is better than one" Spottedleaf answered, "Do you think we should start without them?"

"Wait I see Mudfur!" They turned to the direction Runningnose was looking and saw a long haired light brown tom.

"I am sorry I am late" Mudfur panted.

"I don't think Barkface is coming" Runningnose observed "We better get going, with or without him"

They all walked towards a giant cave, she tried to look in to see what was inside but all she could see was darkness, it made her shiver anxiously. Runningnose went into the hole, then Mudfur they were both swallowed by darkness, Spottedleaf turned around to face Petalfur .

"You just need to follow my scent down the hole, okay" Spottedleaf told her, Petalpaw nodded and followed her. The hole was frightfully tight in some spaces and the darkness did not help at all. Petalpaw smelt her mentor's nearby scent, she followed her down the passages as quickly as she could. Then finally it opened up, Petalpaw breathed out a sigh of relief. Then she looked up, before her stood a mountainous stone of crystal towered over her, Spottedleaf turned towards her.

"Petalpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?"

"It is," Petalpaw replied

Spottedleaf mewed "Then come forward."

"Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will." Spottedleaf said, "Touch the moonstone" she added.

Petalpaw touched the moonstone with her nose, instantly a wave of coldness swepped over her, she blinked her eyes and knew she was dreaming, she walked forward and saw Featherwhisker padding towards her.

"Hello, Featherwhisker" she mewed in greeting. Featherwhisker nodded in acknowledgement and gestured with his tail.

"You need to meet the rest of Starclan"

Petalpaw felt a heavyweight land on top of her, she didn't know any of those cats, they were not even her ancestors, they were someone else's! She belonged back in Ponyville! Equestria! In the whole equestrian universe! She stopped and looked down, she wasn't ready for this. She looked up to see Featherwhisker touch her shoulder comfortingly.

"It's okay to be scared, but you don't need to be,"

They walked on, Featherwhisker walked confidently through the towering trees, it was like he was following an invisible path. He stopped, Petalpaw just managed to stop herself bumping into him.

"We're here!"

Petalpaw looked up to see hundreds of cats, looking curiously at her, she started to hyperventilate. Every cats eyes were on her, she couldn't do it, she remembered eyes glued on her when all the pegasi had to make a hurricane to get the water up to Cloudsdale. Every Ponies eyes on her! She started to back away, there were too many! Featherwhisker, noticed her backing away.

"I will stay with you, if you like?" He whispered into her ear, she looked at him and nodded appreciatively. They walked through rows, and rows of cats. Featherwhisker kept his tail tip on her shoulder, they stopped at a bright ginger tom with yellow eyes.

"Sunstar, wants to speak with you" Featherwhisker told her, she gently nudged her forward. She felt his gaze burn through her pelt, she wrapped her tail around her paws.

"Petalpaw, where are you from?" Sunstar asked her, as she looked up.

"I come from Equestria" She replied.

"Do you know of the prophecy?"

She nodded, "Spottedleaf told me"

"Do you want to save the Clans?"

She hesitated, "Me and my friends will try!"

"Thank you, and may hope light our way" He muttered, and looked down at his paws. Petalpaw saw the trees and cats blurred, she realized that she was waking up. She blinked her eyes to see the other medicine cats waking up as well. Spottedleaf turned to face her.

"Are you okay Petalpaw?" Spottedleaf asked.

"Yes, I'm fine"

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to update and I hope you like the story so far!!:pinkiehappy: