• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 3,985 Views, 93 Comments

Ghost - FaelaArts



A ghost haunts Ponyville's streets, but why?

  • ...
11
 93
 3,985

6

“Spike, please read out my list of things to do one more time.” There was one thing Twilight knew she was good at, and that was checklists. With that to be solved, she needed to manage her time very well. Rolling his eyes, Spike began to re-read it.

“Panic over the fact ghosts are real. Pack saddlebags with books on ghosts. Get on train to Canterlot. See Princess Celestia about ‘that’. Buy gems for Spike for being such a good sport about this.” Raising an eyebrow, Spike wondered if Twilight would get the hint. Giving a sheepish smile, she quickly wrote down the last one.

“Ok! Let’s start going through this.” Giving a nod, Twilight placed the list down, and breathed in.

Howcanghostsberealwhyistherenoscientificevidenceofthisifghostsarerealwhyhasnoponydiscoveredthem.” Taking a breath, Twilight continued.

HowmanyghostshavebeenaroundhowmanyhaveyettofindpeacewhydidCelestianottellmetheywererealwhenIaskedasafilly. THIS CAN’T BE REAL!” Kneeling, Twilight angrily pointed a hoof at the ceiling, gasping for breath. Standing up, she sighed, giving a warm smile.

“That’s better, next!” Picking up her list, Twilight began to levitate books on ghosts into her saddlebags. Finished that, she gave Spike a hug, and trotted out the door.

“See you when I get back Spike!” Flaring her wings, Twilight took off in the direction of the train station.


“Twilight, what brings you all this way to Canterlot?” Celestia looked to Luna, and the both began to dismiss most of the staff from the throne room. One serious look from Twilight was all it took. Standing up, they lent down and nuzzled briefly. Stepping back, Twilight gave a warm smile, and then shouted as she pointed a hoof at Celestia.

“Ghosts are real! There’s one living in Ponyville.” Pulling out the diary, Twilight briefly went over the contents, before noticing the hesitant looks she was being given.

“Twilight, there is something you must know about Sunset Swirl, and the ghost you speak of. You see, we have a part we played in her memory loss, for a good reason.” Bowing her head, Celestia stepped aside, letting Luna tell the story.

“Before my transformation into Nightmare Moon, there was a war that broke out between the races. This eventually led into the events of Hearts Warming Eve, but a lot of dark magic was created and abused during that war. After the creation of the Harmony Tree, and our coronation’s, we began phasing out all knowledge of such spells.

“However, some families kept copies in absolute secrecy. It took centuries to finally remove every trace of these spells.” Pausing, Luna looked to Celestia, and she sighed.

“One such family was the Swirls. Descendants of Star Swirl.”


“- So pies saved the day in the end.” As Pinkie Pie spoke, Nopony jolted in and out of awareness. Normally she would have spent some time in a state similar to sleeping. This was the first time in her memory she had remained alert for so long. It brought questions to her mind, when it was conscious enough to form them.

’Apparently I still need sleep. What sort of ghost needs sleep? Another question to never be answered.’ For some reason, Nopony was starting to develop a headache. It wasn’t from Pinkie surprisingly, and it confused her even further than before. Why were unanswered questions causing her pain?

’How am I even able to experience pain as a ghost? Why haven’t these questions occurred to me before. How long is Pinkie going to keep me here? Why do-’ Like an anvil slamming into the ground, Nopony’s thoughts scattered like leaves, and she closed her eyes.

“Nopony?” Pinkie was poking where she was floating again. Opening her eyes, she gave a loud sigh to show she was still here.

“Oh, you must be tired. Let me just clean up, and you can go rest.” Giving a giggle, Pinkie began to clean up. Watching this, Nopony smiled. Finally, she’d be able to surrender to the blissful state of nothingness, and forget all these questions that hurt her head.

’Why do I want to forget?’ Nopony frowned, and rubbed her head as another spike of pain hit her. A shudder passed through her body, and she fought to push the fog away slightly, instinctively chasing the feeling that suddenly permeated her being. A nagging buzzing in her head.

“Did it just get colder in here?” Looking up, Pinkie noticed a shimmering circle of frost where Nopony was. Walking over, she pushed a hoof into it, and shivered. It was as cold as death!

Don’t stop talking.” Voice suddenly more substantial, Nopony fought desperately to keep the fog away. There was something it was hiding, and she had a burning desire to find it. It was almost instinctive, a powerful curiosity which vibrated every inch of her ethereal body.

“Uh, okay.” Beginning to talk, Pinkie turned the stove on in hopes of heating up the room. Whatever Nopony was trying to do, her Pinkie Sense was telling her it would lead to answers. The room continued to grow colder, and Pinkie camped out right beside her open oven, turning the head up to max.

“Pinkie! Stop!” Slamming the frost encrusted door open, Twilight used a spell to heat up the room in an instant, and dived over to her frostbitten friend. Celestia and Luna quietly followed behind. Blue magic washed over the room, and all turned to watch as Nopony became visible for the first time. Glowing white eyes, shimmering white body, wavy hair which seemed to meld into the body. Nopony was rapidly starting to grow in size, and her mane was starting to wave in an unknown wind.

“We’re too late,” spoke Celestia, eyes narrowing as Nopony began to howl in pain.

“T-Too late for what?” Pinkie was still shivering, and she looked to Twilight, who had a grave look on her face.

“To stop Nopony from becoming a Wendigo.”