• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 2,734 Views, 148 Comments

Imperium et Imperator - Emperor Gerald I



Gerald Wellesley: historian, politician, imperialist, and monarchist, is transported to Equestria, where he is given a taste of absolute power. Gerald must decide between possessing the power he has always desired and his newfound friends.

  • ...
13
 148
 2,734

II- Fluttershy's Discovery

A beautiful sunrise greeted the beginning of yet another fine day in Equestria. As Fluttershy strolled along the road to Ponyville she stopped to help a robin who's egg had fallen out of her nest. Fluttershy gently cradled the tiny blue egg as she flew up beside the tree to return it to it's nest.

"There you are Mr. Robin." Fluttershy gingerly set the egg back into the nest. "Your egg is safe and sound."

Mr. Robin replied with a grateful series of chirps which meant, "Thank you so much Fluttershy, I don't know what we would do without you!"

"You are very welcome Mr. Robin." replied Fluttershy, smiling warmly.

Before Fluttershy could even return to the road a flurry of distressed chirping summoned her back to the nest.

"Oh no!" exclaimed Fluttershy "did your egg fall again?"

Thankfully the egg had not fallen again, but Mrs. Robin had returned with some distressing news. She had been out looking for some seeds to eat while Mr. Robin watched the nest, and she had come across an injured animal on the road that lead past the Everfree Forest.

"Th-the Everfree Forest?" gulped Fluttershy.

Don't worry I'll show you the way! chirped Mrs. Robin

Fluttershy reluctantly followed the distressed Robin down a side path that lead into the outer edges of the Everfree Forest. When she arrived she saw what to her looked like a large ape of some kind that was slumped down beside a sign beside the road. Even more strangely the ape was wearing clothes. As Fluttershy cautiously approached she noted that the animal appeared to be sleeping, not injured.

"I think that it might just be asleep Mrs. Robin." said Fluttershy uncertainly.

Mrs. Robin flew down to where the ape lay upon the ground and pointed with her left foot toward the back of it's head. Fluttershy hurried over and gently turned the ape's head to the side. The back of it's head was covered in blood and was slightly dented where it had struck something.

"You're right Mrs. Robin. This animal is really hurt, poor thing!" said Fluttershy. She leaned in close to the animal "Can you hear me?" Fluttershy said gently. "Hello?" still no response. Fluttershy knew that she had to get this injured animal back to her cottage to recover, but had no idea how to move such a large creature on her own.

"Mrs. Robin, can you please quickly fly down to Applejack's and get her and her brother to come here as fast as possible?"

Mrs. Robin flew away as fast as her little wings could take her.


Applejack and her brother, Big Mcintosh were just leaving the house to begin that day's apple harvest.

"Were already behind, so we gotta work twice as hard today, okay Big Mcintosh?" Applejack said.

"Yeup!" Big Mcintosh replied enthusiastically, shrugging his harness higher up around his shoulders.

Big Mcintosh hitched himself up to the applecart and as the two started off toward the apple field a robin swooped from the forest and landed in front of them, chirping frantically.

"Sorry bird, we got lotsa work to do today!" said Applejack, walking quickly around the bird.

The Robin flew in front of them again, chirping frantically and pointing vaguely toward Fluttershy's cottage.

"Tell Fluttershy that we are busy!" stated Applejack.

The bird flew up beside Applejack and started pulling her by her mane toward Fluttershy's cottage.

"Aw horseshoes!" Applejack sighed "Alright, alright, I'm comin'!" she turned to Big Mcintosh "you stay here and continue the harvest."

"Yeup."

The bird flew over to Big Mcintosh and began tugging on his mane.

"I think it wants me to come too Applejack." said Big Mcintosh.

"This better be REALLY important" replied Applejack "so much for getting the harvest done on time."

The bird hurriedly lead the two down the road past Fluttershy's cottage and toward the Everfree Forest.

"I hope Fluttershy is alright!" said Applejack between breaths "ponies don't usually go down near the Everfree Forest, especially not Fluttershy!"

As the trio rounded a corner Applejack caught sight of Fluttershy laying down beside a large animal, stroking it's head gently.

"Thank Celestia you two came!" cried Fluttershy running down the road to embrace her friend.

"It's okay Fluttershy." said Applejack, wiping away the tears that had appeared at the corners of Fluttershy's eyes.

"Looks like a weird pet." said Big Mcintosh, gesturing toward the animal's clothing.

"It might be, but it is hurt really badly." whimpered Fluttershy trying to hold back her tears.

"Its gonna be okay Fluttershy." said Applejack reassuringly "luckily, Big Mcintosh brought the Applecart with us, so we can take it back to your place."

"J-just be careful with it's head when you pick it up, it really hit it hard."

Big Mcintosh maneuvered the cart in front of the creature and unhitched himself from it. He and Applejack carefully lifted it from the ground into the cart.

"Wow, it really is hurt bad." said Applejack to Big Mcintosh as they rested the creature's injured head onto a pile of burlap sacks at the back of the cart.

Within fifteen minutes Big Mcintosh and Applejack had helped Fluttershy return the injured animal to her cottage. Applejack and Big Mcintosh lifted it from the cart and brought it into the cottage. They laid it down on Fluttershy's bed, it's long legs hanging over the end. Applejack brought over some other furniture to support it's legs while Fluttershy started collecting some bandages.

"What exactly is this animal?" asked Applejack.

"I think it is some kind of ape." replied Fluttershy.

After the animal was made comfortable Fluttershy brought over the bandages. She had Big Mcintosh hold it's head up while she wrapped the bandages around it, doing her best to hold back tears when she saw how terrible the wound was.

"Its okay Fluttershy, you're gonna help it get better." encouraged Applejack.

After the bandages were applied, Fluttershy went outside for some air while Applejack and Big Mcintosh did their best to clean up the blood.

"You okay?" Applejack asked Fluttershy as she came back into the cottage.

"Yes, I think so." Fluttershy whispered.

"Do you need us to stay here with you for awhile?"

"Yes"

Applejack sent Big Mcintosh home to pick up some mattresses, as it seemed that they would be staying for the night, while she helped Fluttershy take care of her other animals. That night Fluttershy stayed awake the whole night re-assuring the animal (and herself) that everything would be okay. As Fluttershy was finally drifting off to sleep she noticed the animals eyes flicker open for a moment.

"Hello." she said gently.

The animal just slowly shook it's head and groaned. Fluttershy leaned over from the chair and gave the animal a gentle hug.

"Its okay, you're safe now, everything is alright." whispered Fluttershy to the animal as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Author's Note:

The second chapter of Imperium est Imperator. Shown from the perspective of the ponies, namely (as the title suggests) Fluttershy. As I previously stated all comments and critiques are appreciated, I of course take the time to read (and hopefully respond) to them all.

Enjoy

-Emperor Gerald I