• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 2,897 Views, 106 Comments

Discord's Student - MlpFluttershy



Discord is sick of ponies trying to reform him. To everyone's shock, he decides he needs to deform someone in order to satisfy his need for chaos. He decides on his "reformer" Fluttershy.

  • ...
4
 106
 2,897

Lesson Two: Corruption vs. Kindness

His arms were wrapped around her tight. She knew this shouldn't be happening, but she didn't resist. If anything, she welcomed it.

They sat on the hill where they had their usual picnics. This meeting had started out as a friendly get together but had quickly escalated to something much more precious and beautiful to them both. How? Neither of them knew or cared. They were too caught up in this rare moment.

"You mean more to me than chaos itself," he purred in her ear.

She gasped at his words. A million thoughts rushed through her head as she wondered how to respond to such a beautiful comment. Then, almost as if she couldn't control herself, she brought her lips to his. She let out a burst of passion that had been building up inside of her forever. He returned the passionate kiss much to her delight. They sat there for what felt like forever, stuck in an eternal bliss that they hoped would never end.

Suddenly, he broke away, causing a disappointed moan to escape her lips. He chuckled at her with that smirk on his face that she loved. Then, he started to run his talons through her silky hair and caress her cheek with his paw. Another moan escaped her lips.

"I can't hold it back anymore, my dear," he began. "I love-."

"We will not let you finish that statement!"

The princess of the night burst through Fluttershy's dream with a blast from her horn. The dream rippled and then faded away, leaving a very dizzy and confused pegasus fighting to retain it. Unfortunately for her, it slipped out of her mind's grasp leaving Fluttershy to wonder why Princess Luna had interrupted her sleep.

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked, still quite lightheaded. "Why did you interrupt my dream? Was it a nightmare?"

"You could say that," the dark alicorn murmured, trying to hold back the smirk that was forming on her lips.

"Oh well then, thank you so much princess! I am very grate-" Fluttershy said until Princess Luna interrupted her.

"To cease your...nightmare is not the only reason we are here, child."

"W-w-what happened? Discord isn't still flooding Equestia, is he?" Fluttershy asked, her voice full of concern. "Has he done something else? Have I done something? You see, he gave me magic, and well, I'm not in complete control over it yet, so I-"

"Hush," the princess said, comforting Fluttershy. "Equestria is fine. There are more pressing matters to talk about right now. First, we wish to thank you for the great sacrifice you made for Equestria. It takes great courage to do what you have done."

Fluttershy blushed and began, "Thank you princess, but if I would have just reformed him successfully-"

Princess Luna interrupted her once again, "Second, we have come to warn you about Discord. Do not blame yourself for his failed reformation. There is a much greater darkness here."

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"When Tirek stole Discord's magic, we believe he corrupted it," Princess Luna sighed.

"What?" Fluttershy gasped.

"Yes, Discord has been corrupted," the princess of the night stated. "We do not know if Tirek did this purposely, but we do know that Discord is no longer in complete control of his actions. Be careful."

With that, Princess Luna opened her wings and flew out of the dream. Fluttershy sat there for a few moments, taking in this new information. Many ponies would have been terrified at this news, but it gave Fluttershy hope.

Her last thought before waking up was, Maybe we are still friends.

As the princess of the night was just leaving Fluttershy's mind, she heard the mare's final thoughts and smiled. In a whisper, she said, remembering Fluttershy's dream, "Or maybe something more."


Fluttershy woke up with a smile on her face. She knew that all the terrible things Discord had done were not his fault. This one fact was what led her to walk down to her lessons with the biggest grin on her face. The same schoolroom setup was there from yesterday, so she plunked down in her desk and waited.

Suddenly, Fluttershy's stomach growled. She realized that she hadn't had anything to eat since the day before... She couldn't hold this against him. It wasn't his fault.

Her stomach growled again, but she didn't know how to satisfy it.

I have to start thinking like Discord, she thought. What would he do?

An image of Discord snapping his fingers came to mind. A cotton candy cloud appeared over his head with chocolate milk raining down.

Fluttershy got up from her desk and closed her eyes. She imagined the tea with cucumber sandwiches that she would have with Discord on their picnics. Before this image would have made her cry, but knowing that Discord could still be her friend, it made her smile. With that, Fluttershy stomped her hoof. Opening her eyes, the meal she had imagined lay before her.

She sat down on the grass, picked up a teacup, and poured herself a steaming cup of tea. As the warm drink filled her, she sighed. Next, she picked up one of the sandwiches and took a bite.

"Yum," she murmured, her mouth full.

"Well, I would hope so. It's my recipe, right? Funny, of all the things to eat, that's what you choose," a familiar voice remarked.

Fluttershy jumped at the voice, his voice. Closing her eyes, she counted down from ten, reminding herself this was not his fault.

"Oh, yes! This is one of my favorite meals," she responded, politely after opening her eyes.

"I prefer cotton candy and chocolate milk, but I guess everyone has their preferences," Discord commented.

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, but then smiled up at him. She figured if she was extra kind to him maybe that would help knock him out of the corruption. Kill it with kindness.

Discord noticed her smile.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked.

With a snap, Fluttershy sat in a doctor's office. Discord, dressed as a nurse with scrubs on and a mask on his face, was pretending to fuss over her by stuffing a thermometer in her mouth and putting a blood pressure cuff on her foreleg.

"I'm fine," Fluttershy assured him, quickly, not wanting to see what else he'd do to her if she wasn't.

Either Discord didn't hear her or was just ignoring her. Fluttershy guessed it to be the latter. Nevertheless, she tried again.

"Really, Discord, I'm fine," Fluttershy said again, a little louder.

By now, Discord had given her five shots, checked her temperature three times, and done her blood pressure twice. When he didn't react to her comment on being fine, Fluttershy knew he was ignoring her because she had definitely been loud enough to be heard.

Knowing she would be punished or at least scolded for doing this, Fluttershy got up from the bed she had been lying on, while Discord prepared another a shot. Closing her eyes, she quickly imagined her and Discord back in the Everfree Forest. She thought about how angry he would be with her for doing this. With that rather scary image in her mind, she stomped her hoof.

Instantly, Fluttershy and Discord were back in the quiet forest in their little clearing. Fluttershy turned to Discord and put on a brave face. The instant he turned to her though, that face melted away. He looked furious.

"I was in the middle of something," Discord said, surprisingly calm.

"A rather unnecessary something, though," Fluttershy huffed.

"Well, you have no right to decide what is and what's not necessary," Discord retorted. "Plus, since when have I followed what's necessary? Let me answer that for you. Never!"

"Discord, stop...please," Fluttershy begged. "This isn't you! You never been this dark before. Where's the light, funny, mischievous Discord I lo-...know?"

"Gone, my dear," Discord snarled, "gone."

Fluttershy just say there, contemplating what had happened. She had almost said she loved him.

I can't love him, can I? When he said, my dear, though, I didn't cringe. If anything, it made me think of... She tried to recall the image that had flashed in her head when he'd called her, my dear. It disappeared quickly, just like her dream. He's just done such terrible things. Well, at least this corrupted Discord has. That's it! I love the old Discord. The fun, nice Discord.

"I can see why you're so antisocial," Discord said, bringing her out of her thoughts. "Ponies must hate to hang out with you when you completely ignore them."

"I can't do this right now!" She growled, stomping her hoof in frustration.

A zipper appeared on Discord's mouth. Unzipping it, Discord rolled his eyes and said,

"You really have to learn when and when not to stomp your hoof. It's really quite annoying when this happens. Oh, and you need to keep it original. This is the second time you've given me a zipper mouth."

"Says the guy who produces cotton candy clouds and chocolate milk regularly," Fluttershy retorted.

Discord unable to find a comeback, sighed, "Touché."

"Discord, please," Fluttershy whimpered. "This isn't you."

"Would you stop saying that?" Discord hissed at her. "This is me! It's just been covered up all this time because of Celestia's stupid reformation. If I were you, I'd get used to it."

"Never," Fluttershy defiantly whispered.

With that, she ran back to her cabin and thrust open the door. After entering and slamming it, she dashed onto her couch and sobbed.

After awhile, Fluttershy stopped crying and just sat there on her couch. Slowly, lamps, tables, chairs, and other pieces of furniture started to rise and swirl around Fluttershy. She sat with her head in her hooves, almost as if she didn't realize what was happening. As the objects spinning around her began to pick up speed, Fluttershy finally looked up. A smirk was forming on her face and her irises began to flicker between teal and crimson.

Author's Note:

Not much to really say here. Comment on what you liked or disliked. Thanks for all the support. :twilightsmile: