• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 2,892 Views, 106 Comments

Discord's Student - MlpFluttershy



Discord is sick of ponies trying to reform him. To everyone's shock, he decides he needs to deform someone in order to satisfy his need for chaos. He decides on his "reformer" Fluttershy.

  • ...
4
 106
 2,892

Lesson One: What is Chaos?

"Where are we?" Fluttershy asked, fighting back tears.

They hadn't been gone for more than a minute, but she already missed Twilight and her friends. She thought of her animals all stuck in that tree. Hopefully, someone would be able to get them all down safely. The thought of any of them getting hurt made her want to cry.

"Oh, some random spot in the Everfree Forest," Discord replied, with a grin.

Fluttershy walked around slowly taking in what had all happened. She felt sadness, fear, anger, remorse, and shame. None of this would have happened if she had just reformed Discord successfully. Quickly, she shook her head. She had to stay strong for her friends. If she failed at this, who knew what Discord would do?

"I'm ready," Discord said, annoyed, breaking her thoughts.

Fluttershy turned towards Discord. He was wearing a graduation cap and had a pointing stick in his hand. Behind him, stood what looked like the setup for a school. There was a large teacher's desk, a chalk board, and a smaller desk, which she assumed was for her.

Slowly, Fluttershy made her way to the smaller desk and took a seat. Discord snapped his fingers and appeared behind the teacher's desk. With his stick, he started pointing to the chalk board. Fluttershy realized that the chalk board had writing appearing on it all on its own.

"Ok, Fluttershy, do you know what chaos is?" Discord asked in what Fluttershy guessed was supposed to be a stuffy, old professor's voice.

The word "chaos" appeared on the chalk board with a question mark next to it.

"Um, well...," Fluttershy trailed off.

"Oh come on, Fluttershy! Are you telling me you don't know what chaos is?" Discord asked in a way that caused Fluttershy to sink back in her chair, terrified. He had slipped out of his professor voice. "I only do it like every day. Did you pay no attention to me when we hung out? Did you just cope with me for Celestia?"

Fluttershy shook her head, vigorously.

She then whispered softly, "I spent time with you because I thought you were my friend, Discord."

Discord blinked. A look of surprise, wonder, and happiness filled his eyes. Then, almost as quickly as the look appeared, it was replaced with one filled with pure darkness.

"Friend?" He scoffed. "You thought I was your friend, my dear? What a naive, childish thing to believe!"

As he turned away, he missed the tears that filled Fluttershy's eyes at his words. She quickly tried to wipe them away, so he wouldn't notice. He had never once thought of her as a friend. The friendship with him that she had cherished was nothing more than a lie. At that moment, a look of pure determination filled her eyes. She would be Discord's perfect student. Not for him, but for her real friends.

"Chaos is a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order," she answered, reciting the dictionary definition perfectly.

"Correct!" Discord answered with a smirk. "I must be the best teacher ever! You only could have learned that from me."

Fluttershy rolled her eyes.

"Ok, now show me," he ordered.

"Show you?" Fluttershy responded, confused. "I don't have any magic. I can't."

"That's right!" Discord said, snapping his fingers. "Ok, I gave you some of mine. Try now."

Fluttershy looked around, confused. She had expected some magical lasers or explosions to occur when he gave her magic. Discord noticed her confusion.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Well, I was expecting something to happen when you gave me magic," she responded. "You know some magical lasers or explosions. Something chaotic. This seems kind of boring from your standards."

He stared at her.

"Maybe not," she mumbled, unsure.

"Did you just call me boring? Boring! I am the complete opposite of boring. You want some explosions and lasers? Fine," Discord was about to snap his fingers, but thought better of it. "You know what? If you want lasers and explosions, do it yourself."

"O-okay," Fluttershy stammered, about to try, afraid of his reaction if she didn't.

She thought of fireworks like the ones Discord used to make when he visited her at her cottage. He would always set them off when he appeared out of nowhere in an attempt to surprise her. Normally, the memory would have brought a smile to her face, but now that she knew her whole friendship with Discord was fake it made her want to scream and cry all at the same time.

"Not getting any younger over here," Discord said, interrupting her thoughts.

He transformed into a baby version of himself and started crying. On instinct, Fluttershy started to reach out to pick him up and comfort him. She quickly stopped herself and shook her head. He was trying to distract her. She needed to concentrate, but he was just so loud.

"Um... Could you stop crying now?" Fluttershy whispered.

He continued to cry.

"C-could you please stop crying now?" She tried again, a little louder.

If anything, he seemed to get louder this time. Then, he crawled over to her tail and yanked on it.

"Ow! Would you just stop it?" She screamed, stomping her hoof.

Instantly, a straight jacket appeared on the baby Discord. A pacifier also appeared and shoved itself in his mouth. All was quiet.

Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle at the sight, breaking the silence. The baby comically rolled his eyes, and with a flash, Discord appeared out of the straight jacket, fully grown. He still had the pacifier, though, which he was sucking on. Now it was Fluttershy's turn to roll her eyes.

Discord flashed away the pacifier and said, "Well, those weren't the explosions and lasers I was talking about, but it's a start."

Fluttershy gasped, "Wait, you mean I did that?"

"Do you really think I put myself in a straight jacket on purpose?" He responded.

"Well..." Fluttershy started.

"Nevermind, don't answer that," Discord scowled. "Anyways, I made myself that baby to annoy you. Magic comes from emotion, my dear. When you got mad and stomped your hoof, you set off your magic, just like me snapping my fingers sets off my magic. Got it?"

Fluttershy absentmindedly nodded. He'd called her my dear. Before he'd been reformed, he'd always called her that. The thought made her cringe.

"Something wrong?" Discord asked, surprisingly calm.

"Oh no! I'm just thinking," she responded, again absentminded.

Suddenly, there was a flash and Fluttershy found herself on a couch with Discord next to her on a leather chair. He wore glasses and a suit with a clipboard in his claw.

"Do you always think this much, my dear?" Discord asked, with a voice not unlike his professor one.

Fluttershy cringed again.

"No, not usually," she responded.

"Why do you think you're doing it so much today?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because I was forced to leave my friends in order for you to stop flooding Ponyville," she responded, her voice thick with sarcasm.

"You weren't forced to," Discord responded, calmly. "Princess Know-It-All was just as ready to come here as you were."

"Don't call her that," Fluttershy shouted, stomping her hoof.

As soon as she stomped, a zipper appeared where Discord mouth should have been. Quickly, it zipped itself closed.

Fluttershy sighed.

Discord unzipped his mouth, and then flashed the zipper away.

"Fine, have it your way," he said. "We'll pick up where we left off tomorrow."

He then snapped his fingers and a door appeared in front of him. He opened it and was about to step through when Fluttershy asked quickly,

"Where am I supposed to sleep?"

"You have magic now," he growled, frightening her. "Make your own house. We wouldn't want any Timberwolves getting you before we even get started."

With that, he stepped through the door and slammed it closed.

Fluttershy closed her eyes and tried to imagine her cabin. No matter how much she stomped, it wouldn't appear.

"Magic comes from emotion," Fluttershy mumbled, remembering what Discord had said.

She thought about all the fun times she'd had with her animal friends at her cabin. The memory made her want to run to her bed and sob. With that thought in mind, she stomped her hoof once more, and her cabin appeared.

Without even thinking, she burst open the door, ran up the stairs, into her bedroom, and collapsed onto her bed sobbing. Realizing she would get no sleep this way, she got up, lifted the blankets, and snuggled under. She cried herself to sleep, not aware of the dreams that she would have to face.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2! Well more like Chapter 1, the other one was more of a prologue. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, and I hope you have a lot of fun reading it! Constructive criticism is welcome! Thank you to all the feedback I got on the last chapter, good or bad. I tried to make this chapter longer and more detailed. I know the last one was kinda short. I also know that many of you (I know I would) are wondering why Discord is acting this way even after Tirek. Hopefully, this will be answered next chapter. Once again, thank you for all the support. Please expect a chapter once a month. I would love to do more than that, but school gets in my way sooo much. For now, just know What is Chaos?