• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 374 Views, 8 Comments

Summoning an issue - Voltsthevoltvolts



A unicorn living a few miles away from Canterlot learns about the risk summoning creatures has.

  • ...
7
 8
 374

Conjuring up a problem

A few miles due east of Canterlot a small well made hut sits in the middle of a lush green hillside, a single unicorn who goes by the name of Shanomi lives in the hut by herself. The only visitors she gets are the few unicorns that feel up to the challenge of learning from her, and even then her personality and little quirks often see them leaving before they learn anything of value. All the while Shanomi continues to hone her skills.


"You know what? I'm out. I can't do this anymore." A unicorn huffed as he left the hut. "Just forget this whole learning 'experience,' I doubt you even know what you are talking about." The unicorn slammed the door shut and stormed of back towards Canterlot. "Forget calling a chariot, I will walk!" The unicorn vanished into the horizon and the hillside returned to its more peaceful state.

Inside the hut a unicorn was busy sorting and arranging ingredients, books and a few pieces of furniture. "Bah, apprentices today. They expect you to teach them in a flash." The unicorn picked up one of the books and looked at the title, she recalled the content of the book. "Ah yes, the old art of spirit calling. You were the first many things to help me get here... Here being in the middle of nowhere with nothing but stuck up rich brats to deal with!" The unicorn sighed. "Maybe I could whip up some company for myself? No, spirit beats make terrible company. Perhaps something else?" The unicorn started to trawl through the books, disregarding the mess she was cleaning. After a brief search she pulled out several books. "Must get myself ready for company."

The unicorn headed up the stairs and into a large bedroom with a large mirror, double bed, two sets of drawers and a large wardrobe. The unicorn firstly went over to the mirror to assess how she looked. Her pristine snow white mane had kept is shape and remained clean. The unicorn's coat had was a slightly darker shade of white in comparison and was more of a slight slate color then white. Lastly her cutie mark featured the outline of a wolf howling at a moon behind it. Deciding that she looked fine the unicorn headed back down into the main room, she immediately cleared the floor, removing all the books and furniture and then the rug. The unicorn then picked up a open book and began reading it. "Alright Shanomi, something small like an imp will suffice. Don't want anything that will make a mess or get out of control..."

Following the instructions in the book Shanomi began drawing the various chalk symbols used for summoning demons. Back at her home she was never allowed to summon demons in fear of corruption, however laws in Equestria were much more lenient. Shanomi would be able to summon one so long as she kept it with her and did not summon it in a busy place. Thinking about what she would able to do with a tiny imp helping her around the house filled Shanomi with a childlike glee, she would finally be able to days to herself where the imp would be cleaning and taking care of business.

After delicately copying the patters required in the book Shanomi began the summoning chant, speaking in summoners direct Shanomi began to call the portal forth that would bring her the imp. The patters on the floor lit up in blaze and a eerie black smoke began to choke the room. Shanomi kept chanting, her normal slate gray pupils were now glowing yellow and a inky green aura was leaking out of her eyes as she worked demonic magic through her body and into the patterns. The black smoke poured into the room from the burning patterns.

Shanomi closed her eyes and began focus her mind on the symbols that she had drawn, she imagined a portal opening in the middle of it all a creature emerging. When Shanomi opened her eyes the black smoke had gone a large bright circle was now hovering in the center of the symbols, with the portal now set up all Shanomi had to do was wait for the allowed being to pass through it.


A few hours had passed, Shanomi had tidied up the room, replaced the rug and made herself a warm cup of tea. Shanomi was sat down happily on the sofa relaxing. Aside from the fiery portal in the center of the room the house was calm. Shanomi levitated a book over and started to read from it, the book outlined the basic care of an imp and other demons that could be summoned.

Suddenly without warning the portal flashed, hissed and crackled. The portal surged a ring of energy out and through the room. Shanomi got up and waited for the demon to arrive. The portal that she had made was only able for a one way trip that only an imp should be able to use, however the portal was act more violently then the books had described. A bright flash blinded Shanomi and she fell to the floor in a heap and fell unconscious.


"Ohhhhh..." Shanomi groaned, she had a strange tingling feeling that was moving up and down her horn and a splitting headache. "My head..." Shanomi creaked open an eye however the moment she saw light it caused her headache to intensify. Shanomi quickly closed her eye and tried to focus on dealing with her headache, she attempted to cast a simple spell to resolve the pain however the spell fizzled out due to the strange sensation in her horn causing her concentration to lapse, she then turned her attention to the sensation itself. It was warm, tingly and slightly damp, the feeling itself wasn't restricted to one path, it would move up and down and around her horn. It was almost as if something was licking it, well too much like something was liking it. Against her headache Shanomi opened her eyes, she was blinded for a few seconds however once her eyes adjusted she could see the situation she was in.

Shanomi was on her back, while she couldn't see what was exactly was licking her horn she could see a pony-like mouth with a tongue gently licking her horn. Shanomi started to roll over to get a better look however a warm hoof stopped her in her tracks. The tongue gently stopped for a moment. "You're awake, how about that." The hoof that was stopping Shanomi from moving gently pulled away and allowed Shanomi to roll over.

"W-What did you do to me?" Shanomi inquired as she rolled over. "What did I..." Shanomi stopped when she saw the demon she had summoned. It looked like a regular pony, a deep cherry red coat that was slightly bright towards the flank, a fiery orange mane and tail with red highlights dotted around it and a heart with horns and a three pronged tail as a cutie mark. However, the most notable feature was located on her forehead, where most unicorns had a single horn dead center the demon had two crooked horns on the left and right side. "What are you?"

"The demon you summoned, you know the portal the arrival and the falling on your head." The demon stated. "Oh, and my name is Mia." Mia chuckled happily and sat down on the sofa.

"But, you're not an imp... At least, I don't think you are." Shanomi stated.

"Oh thanks, nice know that you meant to summon me. Geez if don't want I will go." Mia angrily huffed and got off the sofa and made her way to the flickering portal.

"No..!" Shanomi shouted. "I didn't mean it like that, it just... I didn't expect you, but I think that I can make it work."

"No, it doesn't work like that." Mia stated. "You don't just 'accidentally' summon demon, then insult her and then ask for her back." Mia's horns sparked slight and the portal started to swirl violently. "Anyway, goodbye whoever you are."

"Fine go then, I will just correct the ritual and summon what I needed." Shanomi hastily said, attempting to use reverse psychology to trick Mia.

"Alright then, goodbye forever." Mia stated as she started to walk through the portal.

"Wait!" Shanomi shouted and grabbed Mia's flank with her magic and dragged her back. "What are you?"

"I am a succubus." Mia stated. "Now, please release your grip on my ass." Shanomi complied and loosened her magical grip.

"Mia, do you think you could stay?" Shanomi curiously asked.

"Didn't you want an imp to help you do your chores?" Mia teased. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Because... I don't know!" Shanomi shouted. "I just..."

"Did I get you a tad horny?" Mia evilly teased as she moved towards Shanomi. "I mean, I did assume that was why you summoned me. For sex." Mia bluntly said. "Although I was wrong initially..."

"I..." Shanomi paused for a moment and considered what to say. "I don't get much company up here and when I do it often leaves very quickly. While you may think that I want.. That... I can tell you now, that if you think that will happen you are mistaken." Shanomi stated firmly.

"Alright, you want a buddy. I can do that." Mia chuckled. "You know, normally when I get summoned I get rutted and then thrown away... Nothing ever really wants to deal with a succubus. So this will be a first for me."

"Alright then... However there will be a few rules." Shanomi firmly said. "For starters, you will need to pull your weight. That means keeping the house clean. Secondly, I want you to behave yourself, given your origins I do expect some hiccups however..."

"Say no more, I will be on my best behavior." Mia chuckled and shook her head. "No wonder you are alone..."

"What do you mean by that!?" Shanomi snapped.

"Well, the one thing I am good at you have prevented me from doing, plus you are laying out all these rules like it is an orphanage... And yes, I have been summoned to one of them." Mia giggled gleefully. "It was someponies birthday... Yeah I don't recall the details. Nor do I know their strange motives..."

"You have been to Equestria before?" Shanomi's attention turned to Mia's previous visits. "One of the books I read said that demons could only be summoned once..."

"Weak demons. Believe it or not, I am strong for demon." Mia proudly stated. "Well, strong for a succubus anyway."

"So how many times have you been to Equestria before?" Shanomi asked.

"A few times before. The most recent was around about two-hundred years ago. A aspiring summoner was feeling rather horny and..." Mia started, a sly grin forming on her face.

"Alright, I get it." Shanomi hastily said, interrupting Mia. "Just wondering, do you... Enjoy it? I mean, being summoned for... That."

"Yes, I do enjoy it. After all I am a demon that centers it power around seduction and sex." Mia stated. "But it does get a tad... Repetitive."

"I see, well just wondering... Do you have to... You know..." Shanomi started before Mia waved her hoof.

"Have to what darling? You will have to be specific." Mia giggled.

"Well... Do you have to... Have sex?" Shanomi squeaked.

"You know, if I knew this was a meet and greet I would have prepared informative leaflets." Mia joked. "Well you know changelings work? Well I sort of work like that. I can feed off the primitive impulses that emerge during sexual intercourse. I can also feed on what most life forms refer to as 'lust,' which I normally acquire while seducing the various lifeforms I encounter. I can also consume food in order to gain energy, just like you do." Mia explained.

"Interesting..." Shanomi slowly said as she took in what Mia had just told her. "So, no need for 'maintenance' then?"

"Unless you want to have sex with me each week, none at all." Mia said flatly. "However, the offer will be there should you change your mind."

"I don't think that will be necessary..." Shanomi said sounding slightly unsettled by Mia's proposition.

"Suit yourself darling!" Mia stated rather loudly.

"Back to what I was saying... The reason I am strict is because we are in the middle of nowhere! If something goes wrong, it goes wrong." Shanomi passionately said. "Its just so that we stay safe."

"Yeah, yeah. That's all well and good but where am I sleeping." Mia said, completely ignoring what Shanomi had just said.

"Well, there is the sofa..." Shanomi started before Mia gave her a cold look.

"Nope, not going to happen. How big is your bed?" Mia hastily said before eyeing up the stairs.

"Its double..." Shanomi slowly said.

"Good, I will share it with you. You don't have a problem with that do you?" Mia said nonchalantly.

"Well..." Shanomi started, however Mia interrupted her before she could finish.

"Perfect! Now, do we have any plans?" Mia quickly changed the subject in order to prevent hearing Shanomi telling her that she wouldn't be able to sleep in her bed.

Shanomi paused for a moment and thought about her plans for the remainder of the week. "Well, I have some stuff planned for the rest of today and tomorrow I need to take you to Canterlot in order to get you registered."

"Get me registered? Care to explain darling?"

"Well, one of the laws of Equestria is that all familiars that can last over two years need to logged. Just so that they can issue a migrant permit." Shanomi explained. "May I ask, what is with the occasional 'darlings'?" Shanomi asked.

"Well darling... I don't know your name and being honest I don't think hon or honey would suit you well..." Mia replied innocently. "You could just tell me your name."

"Well, lets leave it at darling for now..." Shanomi stated.

"Whatever you want, darling..." Mia held onto her last word and a sly smile crept onto her face. "Now anything else on your mind darling?"

"Yes actually, why in the world were you... Licking my horn?" Shanomi blurted out quickly.

"Well, most ponies would summon me for that but in your case darling..." Mia started. "You see, when I arrived you were stood at a rather close proximity to the portal. It flung you back when I moved through it and you banged your head pretty bad."

"I see, that would explain the headache..." Shanomi doubtfully said.

"Well yes, you were thrown back to the wall with quite some force. Once you stopped moving gravity took effect and you plummeted to the floor, your horn making contact with that table." Mia pointed at a table with large dent in its side. "While I couldn't stop your headache I knew a way to stop the hornache."

"That wouldn't help me..." Shanomi stated as she turned her attention to the table. "Oh... That does look rather nasty..."

"It is common knowledge that succubi have certain... Chemicals in their saliva that can... Numb sensations." Mia slowly explained, trying to make it sound less creepy.

"I see, so you could spike a ponies drink by spitting in it. You have date rape saliva." Shanomi said before breaking into laughter.

"Not exactly, I can control what chemicals I use and so forth. I wouldn't think of reducing myself to such petty actions." Mia said rather full of herself. "Believe it or not, but I do have some integrity." Shanomi responded by laughing even harder until she finally calmed down.

"I guess you learn something new everyday then. So at what point do you draw the line?" Shanomi inquired.

"Well I guess I draw the line when they are unwilling or not fully in their right mind. However, that doesn't mean that if I see a pony suffering I won't do my best to help them!" Mia said with a passion. "As was the case with you."

"I see, well that's good to know." An unimpressed Shanomi stated. "However next time, just let me suffer the hornache."

"Fine by me, but if you ever you know..."

"No, I don't think I will ever... You know..." Shanomi interrupted quickly.


A few hours passed and Mia settled in without incident. Shanomi had taken the time to reflect on what she had done wrong when setting up the portal. It was relatively dark outside, the moon was hanging in the sky and a gray cloud loomed in the horizon. Mia was at the window, her eyes fixated on the moon. Shanomi moved over to Mia after her studies and reflection had not brought any answer to why Mia was summoned.

"Hey Mia, could I ask you a quick question?" Shanomi curiously said as she approached Mia.

"Go ahead darling, not like I have anything to do." Mia replied, her gaze remained on the moon.

"Please don't be offended when I ask this but... How did I summon you?" Shanomi polity asked.

"Well, I owe you an apology straight off the bat on this one darling. You see, I saw an imp, happy as can be, skipping towards a portal to Equestria. Being rather board of the infernal realm I decided it was only right for me to kill the imp and go in while the portal was breached."

"So when the imp was about to traverse, you killed it and took its place while the portal was weak? So all that grief you gave me about not intending to summon you was a facade?" Shanomi angrily snapped.

"Very much so darling. I merely wanted to know how you would react in that given situation. Things with weak minds are vulnerable to my influence. My influence is a slight mind altering aura I give out." Mia said flatly.

"Wait, mind altering? Have I been exposed!?" Shanomi backed away from Mia hastily.

"No, you haven't. Hence why I tested you. If you had been weak of mind you would have pleaded and begged for me not to go... And then I would have had a large amount of intercourse with you." Mia teased and turned to face Shanomi. "But, just like ninety-nine percent of ponies you have a remarkably strong mind."

"Thanks...?" Shanomi shakily said.

"You are most welcome darling, think nothing of it." Mia happily chirped.

"Hm, well that solves the question of why my summoning failed." Shanomi chuckled.

"Hey, you're laughing! Didn't think you could do that without mocking me!" Mia gleefully joked, causing Shanomi to frown at her. "Don't be like that darling, you know I love you really."

"Uh... I dunno, I didn't think demons were capable of love." Shanomi joked cruelly, causing Mia's cheery demeanor to drop. "Uh? To far?"

"Yes, but I didn't expect you to know how badly that hurt." Mia replied devoid of emotion. "Most lifeforms assume that succubi are unable to feel emotion, and that all their emotions are fabricated for seduction purposes only. A few years ago I had quite a bad encounter because the summoner was on the premise that I didn't feel emotion... This is one thing where you won't have to interrupt me for details..."

"Wow... I am so sorry... I had no idea." Shanomi stuttered.

"No worries darling, all will be forgive once you answer me a simple question." Mia said smugly, regaining her previous attitude. "One... Simple... Question..."

"I will regret this but... What do you want to know?" Shanomi slowly said.

"Well darling, I only want to know if you have... How do I say this in terms you will understand.. Have you ever..." Mia trailed into thought for a brief amount of time. "I can't sugar-coat this so here it is! Darling, have you ever had sex with another pony?"

"Well, this one time I had a apprentice that was rather forward with his intentions, oh and a mare that came over a few months ago..." Shanomi started however she stopped when Mia shook her head. "Well I... No, I haven't had sex before..." Shanomi's ears dropped.

"Nothing to be ashamed of darling. I mean, if you want to lose it just say the word." Mia said nonchalantly.

"Ummm, as with all your other 'proposals' I will have to say no." Shanomi said, much to Mia's disappointment. "Also, could you please calm down with the advances? More-so when we are at Canterlot tomorrow."

Mia sighed and shrugged. "Look, I am a succubus. A demon that was created to have sex and manipulate things through sex. Why don't you stop breathing oxygen first?"

"Is it that bad? Do you really have to constantly ask me for sex?" Shanomi half snapped.

"Yes. Yes it is." Mia smugly said. "Well... No its not. I mean, I don't have to ask you constantly. Its more of a 'in case you change your mind.' However, darling if it means so much to you then I will certainly mellow it down for you. "

"Alright, I can work with that. Just please try and avoid doing it tomorrow." Shanomi wearily replied, letting out a sigh of relief. Mia turned back to staring at the moon.

"Its getting rather late. Tell me, when do you normally go to bed?" Mia asked, yawning and stretching just after finishing.

"Well, I was thinking about sneaking up in a bit." Shanomi said slightly on edge. "I so I guess we can go up now." Mia moved away from the window and bowed gracefully towards Shanomi. "Uh..." Shanomi stuttered, unsure how to react.

"Its just a little something that I was brought up doing. If someone is gracious enough to allow me to share a bed for reasons beyond intercourse I have to be thankful." Mia happily explained to Shanomi.

"But I thought you liked having sex..." A confused Shanomi puzzled briefly.

"Oh I do, but I like a good nights sleep more. The two rarely ever happen at the same time." Mia chuckled.

"Oh... I see. That makes sense." Shanomi replied cheerfully. "Anyway, if you just follow me I will take us to our bed."

Mia nodded and Shanomi made her way out of the room, Mia followed suit and followed the summoner at a close proximity. The pair reached the bottom of the stairwell and Shanomi casually walked up up it. Mia stayed at the bottom of the stairs, ogling Shanomi's flanks as she walked. After Shanomi reached the top of the stairs Mia eagerly followed her.

"You know, normally when I am doing this walk the last thing on my mind is sleep." Mia chuckled in attempt to break the silence that had descended. "Why, this is a rather rare occasion for me."

"Really? Is it that bad?"

"Well it happens so much that I only really recall the place, not the event." Mia replied. "Except when it doesn't happen then I remember what happened."

"Will you remember this?" Shanomi slyly asked.

"Well, you are one of the few summoners that have relatively clear intentions and I mean that in the nicest of ways. Most summoners either want me to sleep with them or sleep with something else. Its pretty funny sometimes, what somethings want me to sleep with." Mia gave a small chuckle before sighing. "But those days are over now, I appear on my terms."

Shanomi stopped outside her bedroom door. "Wait, what do you mean? I thought if someone summoned you, you had to go. Isn't that how it works?"

"Well, for lesser demons. But as I said, I am rather strong for a succubi. I have the ability to ignore summoning and override the portals themselves." Mia stated.

"But that's... That's not just powerful, but almost godlike! To physically negate a portals pull and to even override it!" Shanomi exclaimed.

"Well, for a pony maybe, but I could be easily killed by other demons. Succubi rely more on their... Skills, rather then brute force."

"I see, well here we are." Shanomi pushed the door she was stood by and it opened into large bedroom with a large bed in it. Mia instantly dashed passed and jumped onto the bed. Shanomi sighed and followed her. Mia rolled under the covers, sat up and then gently patted the space next to her. "Really Mia?" Shanomi sighed and got into the bed and got under the covers. Mia shuffled comfortably close to Shanomi, who gently tried to push her away. "Mia?"

"Darling?"

"Could you give me some space?" Shanomi innocently asked.

"Sorry, kind of a habit." Mia sighed, however she remained close to Shanomi. "Honestly, I don't see a point in moving. I will just roll over during the night."

Shanomi gave a lengthy sigh. "Alright, that's fine..." Shanomi yawned loudly. "Well I am going to get some sleep..." Shanomi trailed as she drifted into a slumber.


"Mmmmmm..." Shanomi awoke to a strange noise next to her. "Darling..." Shanomi looked over to Mia, who was latched onto her and nuzzling her. "Mmmmmm..." Shanomi's eyes quickly adjusted and she took note of Mia's closed eyes. Shanomi sighed and rolled over, Mia nuzzling the side of her neck. "Your fur is soft... I could just..." Mia groggily said, she continued nuzzling Shanomi gently. While Shanomi wasn't fully on board with Mia's actions, she wasn't completely against it, it felt nice feeling the affectionate actions that Mia was giving her. Shanomi rolled back over so that Mia was nuzzling her just under her chin.

Shanomi sighed happily. "Goodnight Mia..."

Author's Note:

Well Uh... This happened. I don't really know what to make of this... Quite frankly I am a tad bit emotionally scarred. I rewrote the story so many times... So much chop and change... I'm not overly happy with this one, however I wouldn't mind a bit of feedback good/bad because I do want to write this, and if that means scrapping it again and re writing I am fine with that. I might write a second chapter if this chapter gets good reception... But for now its just a one-shot.

Also, some loopholes that I should explain...
1. Mia sees her own arrival as a holiday rather then a summoning, hence why she is taking everything lightly.
2. Mia saw a portal, killed the imp about to use it and then went through the portal herself using her own powers.
3. Shanomi doesn't tell Mia her name or sexuality for a reason.

Anyway, I when I wrote this I over the course of a week so expect a couple of sudden changes in writing. Also, I changed the ending a bit.

As with most if not all of my stories are proof-read by myself. So please, be gentle...

Anyway, good luck trying to unread this! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--The mindless droning of Voltsthevoltsvolts