• Published 5th Dec 2014
  • 326 Views, 33 Comments

Flower Petals - Undead Parchment



Who says two mares can't love one another?

  • ...
3
 33
 326

The Seed

Poppy Seed rested her chin on the armrest of her couch. A sigh escaped her lips as she stared through the window at the rainy world outside. Poppy was worried about her little flowers getting pounded in the steadily pouring rain. Though she knew well enough that plants can take a lot of punishment, she she just couldn't help but worry about her flowers. Her delicate, beautiful flowers. She loved them like they were her children.

Young Poppy Seed is a pinkish-red earth pony mare with a poppy red mane and tail and the softest pink eyes. Her cutie mark depicted the head of a poppy flower with a thin green stem extending just underneath the flower's petals. It symbolized her love of flowers.

Poppy rolled over onto her back and stared blankly up at the ceiling. It had started raining just as she woke up that morning. It isn't that she didn't like the rain -in fact she loved the rain; it's much better for plants rather than that revolting tap water- it was that she was looking forward to spending some time with her beloved plants that day.

As she pouted, a knock sounded at the door. Lightly grumbling to herself, adding in a few choice curses, Poppy got off the couch and sauntered to the door. She yanked it open as hard as she could to express her agitation. In the doorway stood a soft orange earth pony mare with a bright yellow mane and tail and turquoise eyes. She was sodden with the freezing rain, her mane dripping as she strolled into the house, shivering and teeth chattering.

Poppy gave the mare a confused look before asking, "Forget your key again, Dandelion?" Dandelion smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck with a sodden hoof.

"Yeah..." She replied, teeth still chattering. It was rather chilly out there, opposed to the inside of their warm townhouse. Dandelion looked to Poppy and pulled off the cutest smile she could manage. It worked, making Poppy thankful that her coat was the same color as her blush. "Can you get me a towel, please?" Again with the smile. Poppy happily obliged, nodding she headed off to the bathroom. When she returned, she held two towels; one for Dandelion's mane and the other for her body proper.

"There you go, Dandy," Poppy said, taking a seat on the couch once more. She watched in silence as Dandelion completely ignored her presence and began drying herself in the middle of the living room. Dandelion wrapped the first towel around her mane. She then ran the towel under tail and between her inner thighs then the rest of her body. Poppy blushed at the sight, once again thankful that Dandelion was unable to see it. Dandelion wrapped the towel around her midsection and started for her bedroom, closing the door behind her as she walked in.

'That was quite a sight,' Poppy decided, standing up on wobbly legs. Poppy hated to admit it, but she had a bit of a crush on Dandelion. She had asked in the most discreet way possible, without giving any sort of hint as to her sex preference, if she would go out with another mare. Dandelion, while she was sweet and kind, was not at all subtle, saying, "No, if another mare asked me out, I would slowly walk away from them and hide away. Why?" Poppy never did respond, only giving Dandelion a sheepish smile before backing away quietly and heading to her room. That was when they were teenagers, though. So who knows? She might have a chance with her now.

Dandelion and Poppy -if it hasn't already been made clear- lived with each other in a townhouse just near Horseshoe Bay Docks, not as lovers, mind you. Dandelion had been invited to stay with Poppy until she could get back on her hooves. After losing both her parents to cancer and getting fired from her job as a baker in Manehattan, Dandelion was lost. But her best friend was there to help. It had been five years since Dandelion moved in, of course Poppy doesn't mind one bit.

Poppy could feel the heat of her arousal linger. It didn't look like Dandelion was going to take a shower tonight, so Poppy took the advantage to use the hot water for once. Pushing away thoughts of the past, Poppy trotted off to the bathroom. She twisted the knobs and let the water warm up before stepping in and relishing in the warmth.

**

Dandelion picked up a book from the shelf next to her bedroom window and lay down on her bed, flipping it open and started to read. After a few moments, Dandelion could hear soft moaning coming from the bathroom down the hall. The yellow mare rolled her eyes, giggled and went back to reading.

'Have fun in there,' She thought to herself as she flipped the page.

**

Poppy stepped out of the steaming bathroom, towels wrapped around her midsection and mane. She trotted off to her bedroom and closed the door behind her. With a sigh, Poppy let both towels fall to the floor before picking them up and hanging them on a rack on the other side of her door.

She sighed in relief and slipped into her bed wear. She climbed into bed and was just getting comfy when she felt something missing. Tossing to the right, she found the little stuffed bear Dandelion got for her on her birthday a while back. She wrapped her arms around the little bear and inhaled its scent. Even after three months it still smells like her. She knew it was foalish to still be sleeping with a stuffed animal, but something about it just felt... Right...

That, and her inner foal demanded it, and who was she to deny the wishes of her inner foal?

She smiled and cuddled the little bear, closing her eyes, she was soon fast asleep.

Author's Note:

Welp. It's something. Not the best something, but it's good. I guess. :moustache: