• Published 5th Dec 2014
  • 2,677 Views, 51 Comments

What a Prince Does - Ixtaek



Applejack gains an unwanted admirer after the disaster of the Grand Galloping Gala.

  • ...
4
 51
 2,677

Partying is Such Sweet Soiree

Pinkie’s party was incredible, in spite of her short notice. There was a three-tiered cake, two kinds of punch, presents, and a DJ. Applejack hadn’t particularly wanted to go, knowing her ‘visitor’ was Prince Blueblood, but she didn’t want her friend’s effort to go to waste. Blueblood’s eyes were huge and excited, taking in everything like he had never seen anything so amazing before. Since most ponies had never met him and he, at Applejack’s urging, only introduced himself as Blueblood, most ponies took a liking to him right away.

“So this is your super-duper important special guest, huh, Applejack?” Pinkie Pie chirped, looking him over. Applejack waited for Pinkie to recognize him, but she didn’t. “He seems nice. My name’s Pinkie Pie, and this party is just for you...”

“Blueblood. It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Lady Pinkie Pie.” He bowed to her.

“Ooh, you talk so fancy! Well enjoy the party!” She bounced off to greet the other guests. Most of the mares and fillies were charmed by Blueblood’s attitude. All except…

“Applejack… is that…?!” Rarity’s voice cut over the crowd, eyes wide with horror. Applejack galloped to her to shush her before she could reveal Blueblood’s status. “What is he doing here? I am so sorry, darling, if I had known he would crash the party for your friend then I would have…”

“Rarity! Blueblood is the guest, an’ Ah didn’t invite him neither… but he don’t remember the gala or you or anypony so please, please don’t make a scene…”

Rarity was still looking at Blueblood with shock and disgust. “Very well, but only for your sake Apple Jack. If he puts one hoof out of line though…”

Applejack glanced back over to Blueblood. He was telling some story about a prince saving a princess from a dragon to the colts and fillies. He was very into his tale, rearing up on his back legs and making swooshing motions with his hooves to imitate the sword fight. The children all screamed as he roared like a dragon, then giggled delightedly. Applejack felt a small smile creep across her face. She could see Applebloom and her friends among the little fillies. After he finished, two of her classmates began roaring and chasing them around until Applebloom and Scootaloo “vanquished” them. She trotted over to Blueblood’s side.

“Ye ain’t a bad yarn-spinner fer a guy with no memory.”

“I beg your pardon, Miss Applejack. I was unaware I was making yarn.” He was looking ashamed at his display.

“No, no, a yarn can mean a story, ya know?” Rarity coughed discreetly behind her. Applejack hadn’t been aware she had followed her. “Uh… Blueblood, this here’s mah friend Rarity.”

The two looked at each other for a long moment. At first Applejack thought he might be remembering the unicorn mare, but after a moment he bowed gallantly to her. “Lady Rarity, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance at last. I understand that I may have behaved rudely to you before… before I can remember. I beg your forgiveness.”

Rarity looked miffed, then sighed. “Well, at least you have the class to apologize. I supposed the best thing for a lady like me to do is forgive you.” She got close to his face. “But if you ever, ever, try to pull a stunt like that again, you’ll rue the day you messed with Rarity. Understand?”

Blueblood nodded timidly. Rarity backed off. “Well Applejack, as much as I would love to chat, I have some punch that needs drinking… or something like that. Ta!” She was running away.

Applejack looked at Blueblood, who looked close to tears. “Come on now, sugarcube, no need to be upset. After all, I thought ya were a big, brave prince! Princes dun cry over a little tounge-lashin’!”

Blueblood straightened up and nodded. “You’re right, Miss Applejack. And as a Prince, I shall not be deterred, but be a better prince than ever before!”

Author's Note:

That pun was not even good. I told you, I hate making chapter titles.