• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 2,626 Views, 78 Comments

Friendship is Eternal - Alchemystudent



In an attempt to save Spike from doing something stupid, Twilight is sent far from home.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,626

Oceanography and Earth science

Chapter 10: Oceanography and Earth Science.

Twilight looked on in utter horror at the monstrosity before her, her body threatening to freeze up in the creature presence. In her head, all she could think about was which version of Discord this could possibly be, “A good one ,one where he was never entombed, one where he was even more malicious and cruel, or one where he,” Twilight shuddered at the next thought, “won and we all ended up working for him.” She did not like the thought that there was a possibility where he would have beaten her and her friends.

“Why, hello my dear Twilight Sparkle. Its so UGGGGH,” before he could say anything more his mouth and limbs were bonded by the wires from inside the buildings. He looked down to see Twilight, fear and anger laced within her eyes, holding her hands to the wall next to her.

Ed looked to Twilight, “Twilight, what is that thing and what,” he then watched as Twilight put her hands to the ground and created a series of stone fists that repeatedly hit the monster all along his body. Before he could recover from the barrage, he looked to the ground and saw a big hole open up beneath him. As the wires unwrapped themselves from Discords limbs and dropping him to the ground, Twilight used her Alchemy to form a large stone pillar. The pillar towered over the creature and before he could react, the tower deconstructed itself to fall on top of him in a pile of rubble. As he was buried, Twilight grabbed Ed by the arm.

“COME ON LETS GO!!” Twilight yelled, grabbing Ed’s arm and leading him to a ladder that she had made with alchemy.

Ed felt jostled as he was tugged by Twilight’s pulling. As he was dragged to the latter and forced up the steps, “ Twilight! Will you at least…explain!” Ed’s question was interrupted as he watched the rubble where Discord lay turn into white marshmallow fluff. Slowly did the creature began to rise out of the white goo, his mismatched wings flapping slowly. Ed’s eyes watched this in shock, and quickly began to try and figure out how he was able to do that. Once on the rooftop, Ed took a quick look at Twilight, “ Twilight, care to tell me what it is that you so frightened?”

“His name is Discord, “Twilight panted, sitting down on the rooftop, “In my world, he used to rule over everypony with chaos. It was only thanks to my teacher and her sister that they could take him down. However, a year ago…he escaped and it was up to me and my friends to stop him.” She wrapped her arms around herself, to try and stop shuddering.

“Sounds like he was rough.”

“HE MIND-RAPED ME AND FRIENDS TO WIN! It was horrifying to watch as each one of my best friends turn into complete opposites before my eyes and... I wasn’t able to help,” Ed looked at Twilight, in complete understanding knowing what its like to see someone close to you in pain and unable to help, “ I still sometimes have NIGHTMARES about the whole thing. I could handle it if he was human, at least I would know that he had same rules affecting him as it did to me and Tyrant Celestia. Here though, he is normal and has all of his powers. It just doesn’t make any sense.”

With a flash of light, the Dragoniquis appears, “Now Twilight my dear, what did I tell you about making sense,” Ed and Twilight jumped in surprise, turned and got ready to fight, “Oh please,” with a snap of his fingers Ed’s automail leg turned into aluminum and Twilights hands became trapped by bubblegum to the ground, “You two had one free shot to play with me and that was it. “

“What are you doing here, Discord,” Twilight demanded, unable to move her arms but now trying to think of how to stop a spirit like him without her friends or her element.

“Oh, I was just having brunch with an old friend of mine, Truth. It seems that he/she/it-I don’t know what Truth wants to be nowadays- had just had a friend over in his room recently,” With a flash, Twilight now appeared on a chair, “You, Twily! He told me all about the delicious chaos that was brewing in this dimension and, well, I just had to see it for myself. Oh and look, it’s a beautiful mess too.” He looked out as most of the city was now turned on its head, everything rearranged and turned inside out.

“You caused that!!!”

“Oh, oops! Oh well,” with a snap everything turned back to normal, “The point remains, all of these people popping in and out of existence of a world that can’t accept them and causing a huge mess like this is…beautiful! I just had to see it before this world went all boring and non existent.” Discord pouted.

“One last question…what type of world did you come from?”

“Why,” Discord walked to Twilight, dissolved the gum and picked her up and hugged her, “A world where Celestia and I are happily married and you are…our lovely daughter! Tata.” Dropping Twilight, Discord turned around, dressed in hawaiian outfit and disappeared with a very insane laugh. So insane, that neither Ed nor Twilight knew if he was kidding.

“That did not just happen!” Ed yelled.

“my my my my my…FATHER!!!! Great, who was my brother, Tirac? Chrysalis? Sombra? The SMOOZE? What about my friends? What happened to them? Did Nightmare Moon happened? Did I grow up into a recluse? What about Trixie? Is the world harmonic or in Disarray? How did they fall in love?”


“TWILIGHT!!!!” Ed screamed, “Don’t think too much about alternate universes for the moment, save it for when we save everything…then you can go mad.”

Twilight looked back at Ed, her hair slightly frazzled at thinking about that other world. She nodded quietly and followed Ed off the roof and down the ladder.
_____________

The two alchemists walked down the street and to the pier, the event with Discord fresh in their minds. Did his coming mean that there was less time than what Twilight predicted, and how long did they really have? These questions haunted them, but they knew they could answer them later. As they reached the pier, their noses were attacked by the smell of fresh fish and sea salt. Out of the corner of Twilight’s eye, she noticed a young woman with brown hair and who was a little short, she also had a revolver holstered on her leg. She was walking with another woman who had white and red hair singing to herself, a blonde man wearing a cowboy hat and holding a rifle, a black woman with white hair, and a heavyset man with some metal on his back and looking a little war weary. They also had a hawk that was perched on the singing woman’s shoulder”I don’t know why, but I’m paying more attention to those people then I should...” Twilight said to herself.

All around them, the ship’s captains made calls, seagulls cried, and people began to mingle, happy to see each other. Ed and Twilight began to look around to see if Al had made it there yet and what type of ship did he get, “Big Brother,” Al called as he ran to Ed and gave him a big hug, followed by Twilight.

“Hey Al,” Ed looked around, “So where is the ship?”

“Well Ed, all of the ships that were heading to Europa are already full or are at sea right now; however, I did get us one that would get us there for free.”

“Really? Who is that?”

“HELLO!” Came a voice from behind the three. They turned to face a young man with a straw hat on top of his head and wearing a long red coat.

Ed jumped in response, “Yah! W, who are you?”

“Glad you asked! Luffy Daniel Monkey at your service! Captain of the 1000 Sunni and your carrier to that weird place with the funny name.”

Twilight looked on at Luffy as he began to talk fast, “Goddess, he could be a distant cousin of Pinkie.”

“Wait,” Ed said, looking at Luffy, “Luffy? The Rubber Alchemist?”

“YEP! The same.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow at Ed, “The Rubber Alchemist?”

“Yeah, he could use Alchemy to lengthen or toughen rubber at his command. He was very skilled at it, but he retired to become a pirate.”

Luffy shrugged, “I didn’t want to follow in Gramp’s footsteps. I wanted to be more like uncle Shanks.” Luffy said with a smile on his face as he led the three to his ship.

The 1000 Sunni was a large ship with a lion head shaped bow, and was colored a bright gold. As Luffy stood in front of the ship, arms crossed he had a big grin on his face, “Here it is guys, the best ship on the planet, The 1000 Sunni.”

Ed looked at the side of the ship, noting the nameplate, “Shouldn’t sunny be spelled with an ‘Y’?”

“Yeah, but where is the fun in that? Everyone spells sunny like that, I wanted to be unique!” He turned to Ed, Twilight, and Al, “Now hold on tight.” He then let loose a long rubber rope, wrapping itself around the three.

Al looked at the ship, “So, where’s the ladder?”

Luffy smirked, showing a daredevil attitude, “Ladders? Who needs ladders,” He threw out another rubber rope around the mast and pulled it taught. Walking back a few feet to stretch it out more, he made the rope let go, yelling out, “GUMU GUMU NO ROCKET!”

“What did he mean by AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Twilight yelled as she, Ed and Al flew through the air, carried by Luffy’s rope. Landing on the ship with a large ‘THWUMP’ they looked up and saw the 14 member crew mingle around and talk to each other.

“Luffy! How many times must I tell you to be careful with our guests…especially if they are carrying money,” An orange haired lady walked up behind Luffy and looked at her three guests, “Welcome to the 1000 sunni, I hope you’ll enjoy the ride and please…tip heavily.”

The three looked around the ship, enjoying the sights and sounds of the entire crew working together and talking to one another. They noted that there was one crewmember, the doctor apparently, carrying around a stuffed reindeer while there was another who looked like he was made of only automail. The crew seemed to have a whole lot of people of various sizes, wants, and skills.

The ship began to sail off without a hitch, the wind blowing just right for them to begin their journey. As the ship sailed across the sea, Twilight began to think. Her mind was focused on the meeting with Discord, the old man with the stone, and unless her calculations were wrong, “Could Discord being here in that state mean, I am wrong and this world has less time than I thought,” Twilight said to herself. She decided to walk onto the deck of the ship to clear her head and listen to the waves at night. Outside, she could hear the lovely sound of the musician playing a soft lullaby for the crew along with the sound of a conversation being heard.

“Brother, I have been thinking,” Al said.

“Good practice,” Ed joked as he ate an apple.

“About the old man, the one who had the stone? Remember Mahjal?”

“The crazed Alchemist who tried to bring back his dead girlfriend, what about him?”

“I remember when we were walking through the cemetery that I saw a man about Mom’s age in there, holding the stone. Get this, Mei told me about how she found a photo of the man who had the stone 300 years ago in Xing and get this…he was as old as I was. Well, I did research on the king of Europa and he looks about the same age as you are.”

“That’s impossible, Al, those events happened in only a few years of each other. There is no way that he would be a young man 5 years ago and then ancient now. That would mean that he was time jumping from place to place, or at the very least a new guy was taking that stone.”

“Maybe its something else,” Twilight walked up to the two brothers, looking out at the moon reflected in the water, “Maybe the two brothers messed up on the spell and the stone.”

Ed arched an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

“ Well, magic is like science, it breaks rules but still has some to follow and like science if you mess up on a formula on a spell you cause something very bad to happen.”

“So what you are saying is that there is a chance that the two brothers, when they made the stone, caused one of them to enter into a time warp where he popped into different time lines?”

“ Yes, I am. I would have to do more research into the stone…but I think that’s what happened.”

Ed looked up at the moon and then put his arms over the two alchemist’s shoulders, “Well, its getting late. Lets think about this some more tomorrow.”

“By which you mean, you are going to stay up late thinking about it all, aren’t you?” Al raised an eyebrow.

To that, Ed could only smirk.


For a few more days, our five heroines walked through the woods and to a stone canyon. Their journey led them across the solid rocky terrain and through various dusty paths of the canyon until they came across a giant rock wall, “WHAT THE HAY???” Applejack yelled.

“ What do you mean that we came all this way just to get to a wall?” Dash asked as she flew up a little to see if there was a way for the others to get around.

“Maybe there is a secret path or a hidden tunnel? Remember, no pony has seen dream valley for over 2 millennia,” Rarity said putting her hoof against the wall.

“So how are we supposed to find a way around this thing. I could fly over it, but that would leave you guys behind.”

As the conversation continued between the three mares, Fluttershy’s ears began to twitch. She walked up slowly to the giant rock wall, noting a peculiar sound. Turning around she tried to tell the others to listen to the noise, but to no avail. Swallowing hard, the timid Pegasus flew up and over the wall and to where the noise was coming from, “Ummm, excuse me, sir? Could you please move? You are blocking us.”

Slowly, the rocky creature’s eyes opened wide and looked straight at Fluttershy “Hmmmm? OH I am sorry Miss Pony. I just thought this would be a good place to nap. Where are your friends?”

Nervously, Fluttershy pointed right behind him and flew to where her friends were, “Fluttershy, who were you talking…to?” Rainbow asked as she watched the giant rock creature stand before the 5 mares, looking down upon them.

“ROCKY!! Its you! How have you been?” Pinkie asked as she skipped to the Rock Biter, her tail bouncing in happiness.

“Ohhhh, Pinkie Pie, it’s so good to see you my little friend,” Kneeling, the stone giant put his finger to Pinkie’s head and rub it slowly.

Giggling at the affection Pinkie looked up, “So, hows Mom and Dad and Inkie and Blinkie?”

“Your family’s fine, they can not wait to see you again.”

Dash flew and landed next to Pinkie, “Uhhh, Pinkie who is this?”

“Oh, he’s a Rock Biter! He would sometimes come to the rock farm and eat some of the leftover rocks that we farmed.”

The rock biter smiled, “They always had such great tasting rocks.” He then looked down at the girls, “Where are you 5 heading to anyway?”

“We are all going to Dream Valley, to help out a friend.” Applejack said.

“Well, I can carry you all the way to the Crystal Desert, let me help,” With that, the rock biter leaned over and picked the girls up and began walking. The journey was slow and uneventful, but the scenery that passed by them was lovely, with gorgeous mountains passing them by. The many trees and hills looking very small compared to their giant companion. It wasn’t long until they had reached their destination, “Here we are, I can not go any further.”

“So why do we stop here, and why can’t you continue,” Dash asked, looking up.

“It’s because-”

“Oh Celestia, don’t say it”

“-the desert is over 1000 miles long, and-”

“Please I’m begging you, don’t say it”

“-whoever touches the ground of the desert-”

“Please, don’t say what I think you are about to say,”

“-Will turn to crystal in an instant, it’s why no one has come to Dream Valley anymore.”

“OH BUCK ME!!!!!!!!!”
To be continued...

Author's Note:

Once again, thanks to Zoltanthemagnicifent for being an awesome editor.

Now, about Discord, originally I had planned to just have a mindless monster for him for a few seconds only to reveal that he was messing with Twily the entire time.

Second, Can you figure out who the five people Twilight sees at the port are? Here's two hints- Its one of two fics to have a special tag on EQD, and its a crossover with a game series. Also, I had orginally planned to have captain pipsqueak to appear to say hi, but I changed my mind. I would also like to say, that the 14 other members of Luffy's crew in this world are the 8 other strawhats and the 6 Gokaigers. Yes, I love a good cameo.

Sorry, for a short chapter, this was just a transitional one