• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 3,679 Views, 88 Comments

Desert Ranger of Equestria - Alpha777



Courier 6, or Edward, had just left the NCR after aiding them to defend the Hoover Dam from Caesar's Legion, then a portal opened and sucked him in into the world of Equestria, where he meets new friends, go on new adventures, and more.

  • ...
11
 88
 3,679

Learning a Hero's Past(Edited)

It's been a couple of hours after the battle at Canterlot and Edward and the Mane 6 was brought to the castle where Princess Celestia lives. Celestia asked Edward if she and the 6 would be able to see his past by his own memories. Edward just said, "Yeah, go ahead, you need to learn about the Wasteland anyway."

It took a few minutes for Celestia and the Mane 6 to prepared. Celestia asks, "Are you ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready. Just Start from my old and further on." Edward answered.

Celestia gave a nod and her horn starts to glow and a flash of white light came.


Celestia and the Mane 6 were blinded for a few moments and when it dimed down, the first thing they noticed is that they were in some stone and metal structure, but then they saw 2 bipedal creatures. One wore a jumpsuit with a big 101 on the back while the other a lab coat.

"Looks like your actually in perfect health condition, now go on son and take the G.O.A.T. test" the one in labcoat said.

"Sure Dad, love ya." a familiar voice from the other.

"Love you too, Edward."

Celestia and the six realises that who they were was young Edward and his father.

Celestia and the 6 followed young Edward until they heard a commotion "Get out of my way you stupid Tunnel Snakes!"

One of them in leather jackets replied "Why don't you try and make us Amata."

Celestia and the 6 noticed Edward walked over to one of them and said, "Butch, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave or else."

The one name Butch replied, "And who are you, her boyfriend, HA. Keep talking like that and you have some broken bones for your father to fix, got me?"

"If you don't leave her alone, I will report you to the Overseer, Ok?" Said Edward.

"Ok, fine we'll deal with her later, come on Tunnel Snakes, let's get out of here."

Edward walk over to Amata and ask, "You alright Amata?"

"Yeah, thanks Edward, your the best friend I ever have." Amata replied.

Then Edward and Amata walk towards class then a bright light came over Celestia and the 6 and next they know they saw Edward outside and the landscape they are looking at is a desolate wasteland, but one thing that caught their eyes is the tall tower of stone that stands in the distance and Edward said, "Dad, where have you gone? I will find you and get some answers from him about why he left me in that Vault without me."

Twilight recognize a single word. 'Vault'. So thats where they were before, a Vault.

Then in a flash, they notice that they were in a completely different location that was cold and notices that Edward was wearing a winterized military armor fighting against a bunch of strange talking soldiers.

After he finished them off, they heard him say, "Dam, this simulation seems very real. And I can't believe I am partaking in this part of history of liberating Anchorage, Alaska from the Red Chinese Communists. Awesome! Okay now got to meet up with Benji."

Then in a flash, They were surrounded by rubble and ruins. They see Edward wearing some sort of winterized armor, fighting off some yellow beasts until beams of light started wiping out the beasts and the source of these light beams is a group of slightly different metal armored soldiers. Edward walked over to a blond woman and talked to them. Celestia and the 6 overheard that they are with the Brotherhood of Steel. Celestia realizes that it was Edward's first allies he met.

Then another flash of light came upon them and the next thing they know, they were in some sort of town and saw very large ants that lay dead and noticed Edward kneeling down, talking to a young child. They heard Edward who said, "Well I can't just leave you alone here without someone to take care of you. Let me help you find a new home."

The child said with cheer, "Really? You mean it? Thank you so much! Most people would have just continued walking when I come running, screaming like I did. You are the nicest person I have ever known." he said as he hug Edward. Celestia and the 6 showed sympathy towards Edward who help this poor child who lost his father to these ants.

Then another flash came and they we're somewhere completely made of metal. The 7 of them noticed Edward running with a woman and a young child towards some sort of tubes. Edward stopped and turned around to shoot at what looks like small green men that pursues them. The 7 heard Edward commented, "Out of all the things that has to happen to me, it has to be getting abducted by fucking aliens. At least I am not getting experimented on."

A few seconds later, 3 men came out of the 4 tubes, but the 4th man wearing some sort of a suit fell over motionless. The 3 others were a man wearing white armor just like the one when Edward was wearing when he was in the simulation, a country style man, and a black armored warrior. The warrior was speaking in some other language that the 7 never heard of until the one in white armor mentioning the warrior being a samurai and being from Japan. The one in white armor that the 7 found out was named Elliot and the cowboy Paul. What shocks Celestia and the Mane 6 is that each and every one of them are from a different time frame.

A flash came upon the 7 and they were standing in front of a statue of a man sitting on a throne of sorts. They see Edward standing next to a man with darkish skin. They overheard Edward saying, "Well done! You have restored the Lincoln Memorial to its prewar condition. When I was still in class in Vault 101, I always loved to learn the history about our 16th President of the U.S., Abraham Lincoln, aka Honest Abe. To think that he became president in order to abolish slavery for good, even if it lead to a civil war between the north and south, and gain victory. But when he was assassinated at the Ford Theatre by being shot back in the head after the war, it was the most horrible thing possible."

The man next to hi nodded and replied, "Yes, you're right. It was awful." Edward turned towards the man and added, "But if Abraham Lincoln was giving a choice to either abolish slavery and sacrifice his own life or not, I bet he would picked the first option, no doubt about it."

The man thought for a moment and then turned towards Edward and replied, "That there is the truth, fellow brother. Also furthermore, you will always welcome here."

Another flash and before them was a large, beached, metal ship with a sign that reads 'Rivet City'. Celestia and the 6 were in awe by the sight of this city. They saw Edward and his father, with other scientist, leaving the city towards a large building in the distance.

Then a flash came again and there was green energy fire coming from devil-like men and are aiming at Edward who quickly eliminated them quickly. They heard Edward whispered, "Dam these Enclave basterds." Celestia quickly realizes that these devil-like men were the Enclave that Edward mentioned about back at the palace.

Then a quick flash came upon them and before them was two more Enclave troopers as well a sort of general, along Edward's father and a scientist in the chamber. Edward pounded the sealed door who eventually stopped and stood there. Then after a few seconds the general pulled out a pistol and shot the scientist, then Edward's dad turned and walk towards a machine with buttons and pressed a few buttons. After a few seconds, a small explosion occurred and the Enclave troops along the general starting to fall over in a painful agony. Edward shouted, "Dad! NOOOO!"

Then his dad slowly walk over and said, "Run, Edward, run while you still can." as he fell over to the floor, motionless. Edward started to cry shouting, "Dad please don't please!" Tears started to fill Celestia and 6's eyes and Fluttershy whimpered, "Oh poor Edward." *snif*

Then a flash came and they were back inside of stone and steel, but different. Before them was a large metal golem with a blue single visor as well as a few familiar faces from the BOS. Edward had a friendly yellow beast with him with a strange device on his back. Then the blonde girl shouted, "Alright Lyon's Pride, move out!" as well as a very different voice that came from the golem.

"WEAPON SYSTEMS: ONLINE; OBJECTIVE: ELIMINATE ANY AND ALL RED CHINESE INVADERS AND SECURE PROJECT PURITY; POWER SYSTEMS: 98%; DESIGNATION: LIBERTY PRIME; BETTER DEAD THAN RED"

Then they heard Edward who said, "Alright, let's go Fawkes and let's show these motherfuckers what is coming to them."

Fawkes replied, "Yes, lets."

Then another smaller and stranger looking golem that has three eyes, three arms, and it hovers. It had a color of sage green with a white star and it came to Edward saying, "RL-3 SERGEANT UNIT AT THE READY SIR! LET US GO KILL SOME COMMIE BASTARDS!"

Edward replied, "Now that's what I'm talking about."

Then a quick flash and they noticed that they were on a bridge until a large foot from the large golem that they figure him as Liberty Prime who marched towards, leading the Brotherhood to battle. It spoke, "COMMUNISM IS A TEMPORARY SETBACK ON THE ROAD TO FREEDOM, AND I WILL DESTROY THIS VERY BLOCKADE!" Celestia and the 6 were amazed after the golem's quote.

Then another flash came and and saw Edward walking into a familiar room, which Celestia and the 6 remembered, and the overheard Edward saying, "Revelation 21:6, I am Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and the End, I will give onto him that is the thirst of the Fountain of the Water of Life, freely." Then turned towards his friends and continued, "This is where it all began, you know. That very passage gave my mom and dad the idea of Project Purity, to purified all the irradiated waters into fresh clean water for everyone in the wastes to drink without sickness and death that follows. This is where my parents have started, now I must finish it where it all began." He finishes and walk into the chamber where his father have perished in and pressed 2.1.6. and then a bright light erupted from the chamber and reveals an inner chamber with a statue that has the description 'Thomas Jefferson' and then a brighter light blinds Celestia and the 6 and then the find themselves a completely different place which was a warzone.

They see Liberty Prime pointing in a direction saying, "SATELLITE UPLINK DETECTED. ANALYSIS DICTATE COMMUNIST ORIGIN." Then alarms blurred out and LP commented, "WARNING: RED CHINESE ORBITAL STRIKE IMMINENT. ALL PERSONNEL MUST REACH MINIMAL SAFE DISTANCE IMMEDIATELY." The 7 Looked up and saw coming down from the sky and explosions occurred right at LP stood. The smoke cleared and what shocked the 7 was by fear and sorrow. There lay what's left of LP as he slowly crawls toward the BOS soldiers, especially Edward. Then his head popped off and what LP's last words was, "I DIE SO THAT DEMOCRACY SHAll....BE....FREE."

Edward yelled out, "NOOOO!! GODDAMIT!!! WHY!? WHY HIM!?" as he fell onto his knees. Then a blinding light came over the 7 and they see Edward and Fawkes heading towards a town of sorts. All of a sudden, a large, horned, large clawed reptile came charging at them and Edward yelled out to Fawkes, "Fawkes! Watch out for that Deathclaw to your right!" Twilight recognized the word 'Deathclaw' and she had a reaction of fear when she first looked at it. She thought, 'So thats a Deathclaw? I can now see why it is so terrifying.'

Another blinding of light came and they see Edward holding some sort of weapon that shoots out electric shots. Vertibirds, Enclave Troops, and everything else being blown up by Edward's weapon. Then another flash of light came over them and they were at what looks like a graveyard.

Celestia and the 6 noticed Edward was in binds and some men, including one that is digging a grave. They noticed bright lights from a city in the distance but then the turned towards a certain figure in a checkered coat. Rarity's eyes brighten and said, "Oh my, now that attire is fabulous."

The checked-suited man walked up towards Edward, who regain consciousness, and spoke, "Time to cash out."

He was interrupted by one of the differently dressed man who said, "Would you get over with."

"Maybe Khans shoot people before thinking, but I aim to think, dig?"

The Khan growed quietly as his response.

"You made your last delivery kid." as he pulls out a chip made of platinum.

Twilight felt a familiarity towards the chip, but couldn't quite remember.

"Sorry you got twisted in this situation..." as he pulled out a familiar gun.

Twilight's eyes widened for she recognize the gun that Edward had. This man was Benny.

She told Celestia and the 5, "Wait, I think I know this guy, its Benny, the one who shoot Edward in the head."

The 5 were horrified and Celestia realizes that it was him.

"And where you're kneeling is on a 18-carrot run of bad luck, but truth is....the game was rigged from the start." Then Benny shot Edward and a flash of light overcame them and they realized that they were not far from the previous location was daylight. Celestia and the 6 noticed Edward coming out of a house on the hill talking to a doctor of sorts. Then they notice another golem on a wheel and a television face. Edward walked over to it and the golem said, "Well howdy partner, might I say looking fit as a fiddle."

Applejack notices the accent that the golem had. Edward respond, "You must be Victor, the robot that dug me out of that grave and saved my ass."

"Well of course, I'm always ready to help to a stranger in need." Victor said.

"Do you know those men who attacked me?"

"Sorry, can't say I am familiar with the rascals, but the towns folks might be able to help ya out"

"Well alright, thanks anyway. See ya later, Victor."

"Happy trails."

The golem turned so that Celestia and the 6 could see his face, which surprised them, even Applejack. The golem's face was a human face with a stetson hat and have something in it's mouth.


Then the flash came again to see that Edward was at a complete different location, sitting right next to a man in a vest with a 'SLCPD' as well as 'SWAT' on it. They also noticed him completely bandaged up and looking like a mummy. Edward asks him about the religion that his people, the New Canaanites, worship. The man simply said, "We worship a religion that dates back thousands of centuries ago, specifically around after B.C. ended. It is about deeds we done which would be decided in our judgement to see if we deserve to go to the heavens or burn in the bowls of Hell."

Edward replied, "I think I know of what religion you are talking about, it's Christianity, is it?"

"Why yes, how do you know about it?"

"My dad and I have a favorite passage from the Bible."

"What is that passage?"

"Revelation 21:6, I am Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and the End, I would give on to him that is the thirst of the Fountain of the Water of Life, Freely."

"Ah, I am also familiar with that phrase, and how is your father?"

Edward sighed and slowly look up to the faded blue sky and simply replied, "He is in a better place."

The man knew what Edward meant when he said that.

"You have my sympathy, as well as all of the Sorrows, for the mourn for everyone, even their enemies. How did It happen?"

"Have you heard about the Enclave's return and terrorized the entire Capital Wasteland?"

The man nodded. Edward continued, "Well my dad was the leading scientist for Project Purity, which is the reason why all water sources have been purified, but then the Enclave killed him right in front of me and afterwards, luckily, the Brotherhood of Steel help me to defend the rest of the entire wasteland from them."

"Brotherhood of Steel? Why would they help people?"

"Well this Brotherhood of Steel was lead by an Elder Lyons, who decided that they can use the technology they had salvaged to protect people, in fact, they knew my father before I was even born."

The man sat there in silence for a moment, but then continued, "Well your father did a great job of raising you, and he has my thanks to have you here, helping the Dead Horses and the Sorrows Tribes to fight off the barbaric White Legs."

"I'm sure he knows, thank you, Joshua Graham."

Then a bright white light returns and there stood Edward and a floating metal orb, as well as a dark-skinned man with dreadlocks. He wore a breathing apparatus and a duster with no sleeves. On the back was a symbol of a blue orb with small white stars surrounding a single large white star and beneath the orb was a few red and white stripes. He wields a staff with a golden eagle on the top.

Edward turned towards the floating orb, "ED-E.." then towards the man, "Ulysses..."

Then he look towards the entrance which was exploded open and waves of zombie-like people starting to pour in and Edward said, "..Let's give our guests a warm welcome."

Ulysses replied, "Yes, we shall."

A series of determined beeps came from ED-E to show that he was ready.

Edward turned toward him and said, "I guess your wish came true, you actually became just like Ralphie."

A series of happy beeps came from ED-E as his response.

Then the three charged in into battle but was interrupted by a white flash of light.

Celestia and the 6 noticed that they were on some cliff and what they see before the shocked all 7 of them. A great gigantic wall that expands from one side of the river to the other. They noticed that Edward, along with a slightly different ED-E and a different person. He wore a uniform of sorts with a 2-headed bear on him. He also wore a red beret of sorts and a pair of sunglasses.

The 3 stood there for a moment until Edward said, "So...this is the famous Hoover Dam? I gotta say, you weren't kidding about it being larger than some mountains, Boone."

"I told you so. Now lets get there, we don't want to be late for our meeting." Boone said.

"Right, let's go."

Then another flash of light and Celestia and the 6 were on the dam watching Edward, Boone, ED-E, and some other troopers ducking cover when Edward pointed and shouted, "B-29, coming in for a bombing run!"

The seven looked up where he pointed and what they saw was unimaginable.

Afterwards, Celestia and the 5 were all gaping mouths, except Rainbow Dash who said, "That. Was. AWESOME!!!"

Then again, the flash of light showed and there before them was Edward, who was wielding the Katana, was facing a armored clad warrior with a mask on.

He spoke, "So, if it isn't the Courier himself, representing the 2-headed bear."

Edward spoke, "You too, Monster of the East, or should I say, Legate Lanius." with a deathly tone.

Celestia and the 6 shivered at the Legate's nickname that Edward gave him.

"You shall be a worthy opponent, I'll have to admit." the Legate said.

"Once I'm done with you, Caesar's Legion itself will fade into the Wastes as well as history itself."

"I like to see if you can back those words with strength."

"Trust me, you won't be disappointed."

Then the two charged at each other but was interrupted by a flash of light. Celestia and the 6 then saw Edward, Boone, and ED-E stopping at an intersection.

Edward turned toward his friends and said, "Well, I guess this is it guys. This might be the last time we will ever see each other." Edward took his helmet off to see his friends without it on. He then smiled towards them as if it is alright, but sorrow filled his heart. He knows he will miss their company, but he will grow out of it.

"Yeah, I guess it is it. Huh, you know, I never thought that I would ever be this sort of journey took me when I decided to come along with you just to end up having what we just been through, ant to say that I'm glad I did. All I have to say is that it was a pleasure being by your side till the end, Edward." Boone replied. He wore a NCR Infantry uniform with a red beret and Ariel Sunglasses, wielding a sniper rifle and a combat knife.

<Sad beeping>

Edward looked towards ED-E and reassure him. "Don't worry, ED-E, we might meet each other again." He turns to face both of them and continued. "All of us will meet each other again, but until then, goodbye."

"Goodbye, make sure you don't get yourself killed out there, Ed." Boone said as he went back towards Nipton and return back to his home in Novac.

<Beeping>

ED-E tried to say goodbye but said instead with beeps, but Edward knew he said goodbye.

"Goodbye ED-E, I promise we will meet each other again, and make sure you don't become something raiders use as target practice, okay?" Edward replied.

<Agreeing beeping>

Edward smiled and said, "Okay, good. now get back to Primm or, if you want, Goodsprings, if you want." He put on his helmet as he watched ED-E floated away towards the route towards Primm.

Edward walked around the intersection because of the fallen bridge and headed towards the gas station for the night. He stayed outside as he watch the sunset and watched the stars afterwards. He turned on his radio on his Pipboy and relaxed as he listens to his favorite tune before heading inside to rest.

Then a final flash of light shows the reason how he gotten to Equestria. A portal suddenly opened which made Edward jumped. He pulled out 'Lucky' and aimed it towards the portal, prepared for anything to jump out to kill him, but lowered his gun when nothing came out. He slowly stepped towards the portal very cautiously, with his hand on his weapon. After the 7th step, he then felt that the portal was sucking him in and reacted, but was too late, then the memories ended and returned to reality With Edward rubbing his head saying, "Oh God, this headache is even worst than the time I got shot in the head. Is it over?"

Celestia nodded and said, "Yes, it is done and I have to say, you have definitely been through a lot of things."

Then Fluttershy walked over towards Edward and hugs him and said, "I am so sorry about your dad, Edward."

Edward didn't say anything but let her continued. Afterwards, Rainbow Dash ran up with excitement, "Whatever that flying metal beast on the large dam was, it was so awesome!"

"What, the B-29 Superfortress bomber? Yeah it is awesome, I guess." Edward agreed.

Rainbow Dash eyes widened and asks, "Is that what that thing is called, a superfortress? Awesome!"

Edward replied, "Yup, and as far as I know, it is one of the biggest American bombers ever built throughout the Second World War."

"Wow, are for real? That thing was the biggest thing ever built? Cool!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

Applejack trotted in and asks, "Hey, is there anyway that I can meet this Victor fella by any chance?"

Edward pondered for a moment but answered, "Maybe , I don't know, we will see."

Applejack nodded and then asks, "Also why was that man named...uh... you said something being the 16th of your country..."

Edward answered, "Abraham Lincoln?"

Applejack smiled and continued, "Yes, him. Why is he nicknamed 'Honest Abe'?"

Edward replied, "Well probably he never told a lie in his life, for all I know."

"Huh, really?"

"Yep."

Celestia thought for a few moments, 'This one has been through many trials and challenges, we definantly learned a lot more better since we look at his memories, and might as well be the last best hope for everyone.'


To be continued........

Author's Note:

Here is a large chapter for you guys, Enjoy!:twilightsmile: